Rescue Me Forums

FX (ended 2011)

Sex Scenes Censored?

fastdownload117

[1]Mar 19, 2007
    • level: 5
    The most explicit sex scene was in Season 1, when Tommy banged the girl from the club (the one that burned his house down).

Suddenly, after that every sex scene became fully clothed and significantly limited the number of gyrations that the actors made on screen.

What happened in between that one scnee and the rest of the scenes?

Why was that the most explciit?

I mean FX Nip/Tuck is full of more explicit scenes very season (there was a mother/daughter threesome in the premiere alone), so why did Rescue Me suddenly start the censoring?

Anyoen know? Or is it just the story line?
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

chaz_almasy

[2]Mar 20, 2007
    • level: 7
    i think your just looking into it to much... they dont need to shock with sex scenes its not that kinda show... besides i would say the "rape" scene was much more explicit even though it lacked nudity...

TheCorpulent1

[3]Mar 22, 2007
    I noticed the same thing on The Shield. There was a naked corpse in either the first episode or one of the earliest episodes (it was a long time ago), but I don't think we've seen any frontal nudity ever again on the show. I think nudity, even more than cursing, is just too much of a slippery slope for FX to risk week in and week out on shows like Rescue Me and The Shield, where they're not even that important to the core of the show, so they just use a little nudity early on to shock and draw viewers in, then return the show to the more comfortable censorship norm. Nip/Tuck may be different because, from what I understand, sex is about 90% of the show's content.

chaz_almasy

[4]Apr 2, 2007
    again... show such as those on showtime in order to survive the frist and plausibly second season need to really f**kin shock you just to get the ratings they need not to be cancelled... i dont think its n e act at all on showtimes part as to the degree of nudity chosed to portray... its much more the fact that they may simply need nudity to survive long enough to get the pass onto the new season so they can truly build an audiance... after they establish the base that will hold them through their desired future they can skip out on the nudity and simply focus all attention on story and plot instead of wasting time, resources and energy to show nudity for the sake of nudity and ratings...

chaz_almasy

[5]Apr 2, 2007

sorry to double post but i will bet 10/1 that dexter season 2 will have much less nudity than dexter season 1... even though dex s1 really didnt have that much nudity i am sure now that they have their base audience settled they wont bother with adding scenes with nudity simply caus they can now spen their money in better directions... i only point this out as another example of what i stated above...

Edited on 04/02/2007 1:15am

martize

[6]Jun 13, 2007
    • level: 2
    Maybe in hopes that if will one day be syndicated (reruns shown on another station) after a couple of years.

Umbrageous

[7]Jun 13, 2007
    • level: 10
    Not sure about you, but I don't watch the show because it has sex scenes. I watch it because it's a good show.

niptuckSean

[8]Jun 13, 2007
    • level: 13
    chaz_almasy wrote:

sorry to double post but i will bet 10/1 that dexter season 2 will have much less nudity than dexter season 1... even though dex s1 really didnt have that much nudity i am sure now that they have their base audience settled they wont bother with adding scenes with nudity simply caus they can now spen their money in better directions... i only point this out as another example of what i stated above...

Umm... Showtime doesn't have to worry about advertisers so why would they reduce the almost nonexistent nudity in Dexter? What do sex scenes have to do with the audience who watches it? I think more people don't watch shows because of sex scenes rather than do.

Showtime and HBO are run by subscriptions, ratings have almost no meaning whatsoever to these channels, seeing as how there are no commercials.

If you wanna complain about shock sex Dirt and Nip/Tuck boards are waitin'.

Edited on 06/13/2007 4:30pm

FX_SHOWS

[9]Jun 13, 2007
    • level: 6
    chaz_almasy wrote:
    i think your just looking into it to much... they dont need to shock with sex scenes its not that kinda show...

Agreed

SMGslayer97

[10]Jun 13, 2007
    • level: 34
    FX_SHOWS wrote:
    chaz_almasy wrote:
    i think your just looking into it to much... they dont need to shock with sex scenes its not that kinda show...

Agreed

Exactly, I mean they aren't doing all these sex scenes just for shock value. They ususally have value and importance to the scene, episode, or series. And the intensity is what important, not the shock itself.

chloerose2

[11]Jun 28, 2007
    • level: 2
    THink Dennis Leary is hot and would love to seesome hot sex scenes with him. LOL

getto_gohan

[12]Jul 24, 2007
    sex isn't that much important in that show so they just like stated prior used it as a shock in the beginning to draw attention and then sex became irrelevant.Simple as that