Rescue Me

Pieces

Aired Wednesday 10:00 PM Aug 01, 2006 on FX

• Hilarious!!!

This is one hilarious episode. The part where Lou is writing down what is happening when Sean asks for Maggie's hand in marriage so that Tommy won't miss it is classic, I am glad that Lou is back and in full form! Also, the Sean misinterpretation of "batting for the other team" is a perfect example of why Sean wants to marry Maggie, he is stupid. The tommy and Sean dynamic is funny too, it is so indicative of the way Sean looks up to Tommy, it is almost like he is marrying Maggie just so that he can be Tommy's brother. Tommy is his idol, and leads the cast well. Tommy trying to keep the crew together is also an example of why Denis Leary leads the cast. He is the heart and soul of the firehouse. He even sticks up for Mike when he reveals his secret in an attempt to keep their crew fully intact. By far my favorite part of the episode and maybe the entire series up until this point is when all of the guys are high from the "smoke". That interaction is so funny, and I had to keep stopping the DVR because I was laughing so hard I kept missing parts. Sean posing for the parking meter, and Mike only putting "6" as his social security number, Franco wanting to listen to Reggae, Tommy and Lou talking about food, and who they would and wouldn't sleep with, and Tommy's reaction in the very beginning when he has dry mouth, and starts to drink the rain, is completely hilarious, along with the line about recalling his disbelief in God, because he sent Pizza when they were hungry. Also, the guy that was growing the "stuff", says he was growing Geraniums, and looked so funny trying to keep a straight face. This kind of writing is the reason I watch the show.