A Resurrection Community
ABC (ended 2015)

THE FUN IS IN THE CHASTE NEWS

... MTV has ordered four new reality series, and if you like eating virgins with your ex, you'll love them! The most exciting one follows young adults who remain unsexed and live their lives as virgins, whether they want to or not. It's currently untitled, but may I suggest On the VirginGet me Laid!, or Genitals for Hire? Also coming to MTV are MTV's House of Food, where aspiring chefs compete against each other in cooking challenges and live in the same house; Snackdown, an afternoon series in which amateur chefs cook up regular snacks with panache; and The Ex and the Why, a talk show allowing former lovers to air out their grievances over their past relationships in front of the world. [Deadline Hollywood]

BUSINESS TIME

... Shark Week is still swimming strong, and last night's kick-off drew the event's largest audience ever. Except it was for a fake show about a shark that no longer exists. Megalodon: The Monster Shark Lives drew 4.8 million viewers (or roughly three Sharknados) to put itself atop the list of the most-watched Shark Week programming in history. However, the whole thing—which was presented as a real documentary with only a confusing disclaimer—was a sham starring actors lying about a monster shark biting whales in half and eating fishing boats. Discovery Networks is loving fake science lately; another bogus "doc," about mermaids, also earned huge ratings. This pisses me off. Now pardon me while I write my script for Megalodonado. [Discovery via press release]

... Disney's Teen Beach Movie isn't doing too shabby either. The made-for-cable movie is now the second most-watched cable movie of all time (right behind High School Musical 2) after raking in 13.5 million viewers once delayed viewing numbers were factored in. Though to be fair, when High School Musical came out, there weren't as many DVRs to bloat the numbers. Anyway, that won't stop Disney from ordering Teen Beach Movie 9 soon. You know what Teen Beach Movie 2 needs? A Megalodon. [The Wrap]

... The guys behind Last Resort are working on a new project at ABC. Karl Gajdusek and Shawn Ryan are teaming up for Freedom, a drama about a group of Ivy Leaguers who start the next activist movement against the government and corporate entities. Think Anonymous, but with fewer Guy Fawkes masks and hentai. It's always worth your time to keep an eye on anything Gajdusek writes, and this sounds a little more manageable than Last Resort was. [Deadline Hollywood]

... E! is working on a new reality series following super rich 20-somethings from Beverly Hills found on the Tumblr blog Rich Kids of Instagram and everything in this sentence makes me want to barf out of my butt. [Deadline Hollywood]

... ABC has announced the premiere dates for a couple of midseason series. Resurrection, an emotional drama about the dead coming back to life (but not wanting to eat you), will debut March 9 at 10pm, taking over for fellow new drama Betrayal after it finishes its run. I've seen the Betrayal pilot, and let me tell you, that piece of stinky garbage will not make it through its first season or I will eat my dirty underwear. Also getting a premiere date: the reality competition The Quest, which will feature contestants running around in a fake Middle Earth-type land, fighting fake monsters and saving fake princesses and yeah, I'm unreasonably excited for this nerd-fest. It starts January 2 at 8pm. [ABC via press release]

CASTING NEWS

... Ryan Seacrest needs to be working every minute of his life, so he has accepted the job as host of NBC's game-show experiment The Million Second Quiz. The series features contestants competing on a trivia show for 11 days, 13 hours, 46 minutes, and 40 seconds while they answer questions live from an hourglass-shaped structure in midtown Manhattan. A contestant who sits in the "money chair" will accrue 10 dollars for each second he occupies the seat, while another contestant sits opposite him. Viewers at home can also answer questions and face off against the person in the money chair by approaching the hourglass-shaped structure in person or answering questions online. None of that makes sense, sorry, I just copied the details from NBC. Anyway, Seacrest is hosting this ball of ridiculousness, which starts September 9. [NBC via press release]

... Jaime Pressly of My Name is Earl fame and I Hate My Teenage Daughter infamy is headed to *gulp* TV Land. Pressly will star in the multi-camera TV Land pilot Jennifer Falls, playing a mother who moves in with her own mother after getting laid off from a cushy job. Jennifer Falls is not to be confused with all the other new upcoming comedies about older people moving back in with their parents, but it should be. [TV Land via press release]

... All American Rejects frontman Tyson Ritter has landed a recurring role on NBC's Parenthood. He'll play a rocker with an attitude problem who records at The Luncheonette. [TV Line]

... Showtime's upcoming adult drama pilot The Affair has booked Maura Tierney as a nice lady who gets cheated on. She'll play the wife of Dominic West's character in the pilot about an affair that ruins a pair of marriages. How could anyone even pretend to cheat on Maura Tierney? She's adorable! Like two puppies made love and had a super puppy. [TV Line]

... FX's Anger Management found a replacement for the fired Selma Blair (don't you mess with, Charlie!) in Laura Bell Bundy. The blonde won a Tony for playing the lead in Legally Blonde: The Musical and has been featured in Hart of Dixie and How I Met Your Mother. [THR]

Previously Aired Episode

AIRED ON 1/25/2015

Season 2 : Episode 13

31 Comments
Comments (31)
Submit
Sort: Latest | Popular
Laura Bell Bundy was only nominated for the Tony for Legally Blonde the Musical. The actual award went to Christine Ebersole for Grey Gardens the Musical
Flag
what MTV NEEDS to do folks is get rid of the reality shit, and remember what the M actually stood for uh MUSIC! and actually show music videos in a time slot where people can actually watch them that aren't insommiac's! the same goes for VH1 both are a joke now. they are realitiy tv that's it pretty much. i have to go onto you tube to watch a video of a band or artist i like. it shouldn't have to be that way. i should be able to channel surf and see it on tv! sorry for the rant folks, but i grew up at a time when these 2 channels were good and MTV hasn't been a great channel since the early 90's. it's got far too many shows as it is.
put on some actual music dammit.
Flag
you're either a teen mom or a virgin on MTV. where's the middle ground? ;)
Flag
"Ryan Seacrest needs to be working every minute of his life" --- uh, you call what he does all the time working? This is a man who's gotten paid to stand there and read tweets, during the Olympics.
Flag
Staff
If MTV really wanted to do something shocking/entertaining it would have two music shows. One on the weekend and the other on a tuesday to feature album releases plus live sets. Acoustic shows!
Flag
I read the title as "MTV orders another reality show about virgins that I won't watch"
Flag
MTV has only had one good show and that is Teen Wolf. Now if they continued to make shows like that instead of all this virgin nonsense it could become a much better channel. It'd be good for them to portray some other topics than just sex.

The Affair sounds like the worst show ever... Couldn't be a more overdone and overused plot.

Resurrection sounds interesting.
Flag
How about this, TV news, you and I agree that none of this was worth talking about and you go back and try again with less stupid, that sound ok?
Flag
MTV just go back to music, your TV suck major ass.
Flag
As MTV's scripted programming rockets higher, its reality shows plummet lower. Circle Of Life.
Flag
Getting in a early tip for the Deadpool with Betrayal are we Tim? I wanted to like the show just based on the logline, and then I watched the trailer and was so disappointed... Anyway, I hope this means Resurrection will be on earlier than March, one of my more anticipated new shows of the season.

The logline for Freedom is too vague for me to get excited about just yet.

The Affair better have a good plot. I mean, affairs are common C-plots on television drama nowadays, let alone having an entire television shows plot revolve around one.
Flag
I'm almost totally against this site endorsing cannibalism for the masses. That's best left to professionals.
Flag
I can't believe MTV is still named MTV. Do any of the current viewers know what MTV stands for?
Flag
The M now stands for "me me me me!" which is the mantra for the majority of its spoiled idiot viewers. I haven't had solid reason to turn on the station since the end of the 20th century, minus one brief interlude when they decided to bring back Beavis & Butt-Head last year.
Flag
I really wish someone would poll a bunch of teenagers and see if they know what MTV used to be
Flag
Disappointed with MTV's announcements, I have hoped they would do more scripted programming - Teen Wolf has been excellent this year
Flag
Only 70 more episodes of Anger Management left. What are the odds of FX firing Charlie Sheen for sone drug related thing and than realizing that 10/90 shows arent a good investment.
Flag
That should read "Showtime's upcoming adult drama pilot The Affair has booked Maura Tierney, who just spent a season guest starring on a show about a nice lady who gets cheated on, as a nice lady who gets cheated on."
Flag
Why would Shawn Ryan do anything for ABC that ruined his perfectly good show in Last Resort. Go back to work for FX, or jump on the Netflix bandwagon.
Flag
I agree, Shawn Ryan is better suited for Cable. Network has cancelled all his projects (passed on his most recent one)

Netflix would be great, they've renewed everything so their is a easy audience to target
Flag
Exactly Shawn Ryan + FX = quality show
Flag
I was going to post exactly that. Ryan belongs on cable, not network tv.
Flag
AM lost me when Blair was let go. Sorry, FU Charlie!
Flag
Follow this Show
Members