We're moving Forums to the Community pages. Click here for more information and updates.

A Revenge Community
ABC (ended 2015)

Revenge S03E18 "Blood"

The main detriment to Revenge's success has always been its 22-episode season. You know it. I know it. We all know it. If Revenge had shorter seasons, the show and its scandalous storytelling would be tighter. It wouldn't have to find so many vaguely interesting subplots to fill time. "Blood" was an episode that accomplished little because it's setting up, what I have to assume, is the season end-game. But right now, it's difficult to tell what that even is, because there were so many different things happening this week and none of them seemed all that exciting or important to an overarching story.

When the series introduced Stevie Grayson, I was excited. She seemed like a fierce woman who could become a great ally for Emily. She tried, I'll admit, but Victoria managed to break her. After just a handful of weeks in the Hamptons she was drinking again, because the Graysons are jerks, and Jack was taking her home to Los Angeles. The Hamptons ruins people, and Revenge's 22-episode season ruins many potentially interesting storylines and characters. Stevie had potential, and she had a legitimate reason to remain in the Hamptons with her connection to Jack and Carl. Pascal, on the other hand, feels like he's being shoe-horned in to plots to appear more interesting than he actually is.

I stated last week that I don't give a damn about the drama at Voulez, and now I'd like to extend that sentiment to the storylines about Pascal's entire media empire. No wait, make that everything relating to Pascal. Voulez and the drama surrounding its chic offices is the new Initiative storyline, guys. No one cares about it. Pascal is barely a character, and yet he's somehow involved in 90 percent of the show's current storylines. He's connected to Margaux, obviously, and she'll be taking over the company, which is a good thing, because it means we've seen the end of Margaux's complaints about her daddy issues, but she also deserves this. She's worked her ass off and is the right person to take over the company. Further more, I like that she's not forsaking work for her relationship with Jack, even if I'm still a little confused about how they're still together and still (mostly) happy. Plus, she threw Victoria under the bus with her crack about a woman being able to work and have a life. Margaux 1. Victoria 0 (how's your art gallery coming along, Vee?).

Pascal's also connected to Conrad if only because the latter wants to take over his media empire. Someone needs to get Conrad a hobby, stat, because I think he's doing all of this out of boredom, and it's making him boring. Conrad is not boring. Conrad is evil and slimy, but flying to South America to steal business from Pascal is not the evil and slimy this show needs or its viewers want. I think if we could ask Conrad, even he would admit his storyline is boring and stupid. Give Conrad something better to do, writers. Please. And while you're at it, please do something about Victoria's newfound happiness with Pascal. It's very uncomfortable to see her this happy, to be honest. 

Pascal's relationship to Emily and Aiden should be the strongest storyline, given it's tied to the David Clarke scandal, but it's still barely more than a dangling plot thread that allowed for Aiden's return last week. It also resulted in the duo taking an impromptu trip to visit Aiden's mom in England this week, because one spur of the moment trip per episode is just not enough. As much as I don't care for Aiden and his storyline, the scene with his mother was very touching and emotional, and hopefully gave his character the closure he was seeking. But the trip was mostly just a really long roundabout way of introducing yet another character who will probably die or become useless in the span of an episode or two. Oscar Chapman supposedly has information about Pascal's connection to David Clarke, but he also faked his own death, according to Mason Treadwell. And speaking of everyone's favorite sassy scapegoat, his return this week was not everything I'd hoped it would be. He was allowed a few good one-liners, but then he nearly died by face cream (did I fall asleep and wake up to an episode of Reign or something?) so Emily and Nolan could smuggle him out of prison and to the Maldives until Emily was ready to tell him her story. Okay, at least he's not dead, I guess? 

"Blood" was a not a good episode. Piling one boring storyline on another hoping that they'll eventually cancel each other out or suddenly become interesting doesn't work. It only makes for an episode full of terribly uninteresting and disconnected plots. In the aftermath of Emily's shooting, things appeared to be looking up for Revenge. The series was back on track as Emily had a renewed interest and focus on her mission to take down the Graysons once and for all, but it appears the 22-episode season has caught up with her once again. There are only four episodes left this season, and at this point, you could tell me Daniel will become a Solid Gold Dancer and Charlotte will become a mob boss by the finale, and I'd believe you, because this season is so disjointed that it has no direction left. If it comes back for Season 4, ABC should seriously consider adopting the 13-episode model, because Revenge simply cannot continue to exist like this. 

NOTES

– Javier and Charlotte: My audio cut out for most of their scene and I'm pretty sure it made it 50 percent more interesting.

– Please, please, please tell me we're not headed for a Jack/Margaux/Daniel love triangle.

– Hobbies that would make Conrad more interesting: tornado chasing, drag racing, base jumping, scuba diving, home brewing, candle making, rock collecting

Previously Aired Episode

AIRED ON 5/10/2015

Season 4 : Episode 23

84 Comments
Comments (84)
Submit
Sort: Latest | Popular
hey kaitlyn i just want to know why arent u reviewing this show anymore
Flag
I can't agree with anything that lets networks get away with shorter seasons.
Do you realize that in the 1950s there were 39-episode seasons?
Flag
Soooooo are we not going to get a review this week?! We really need to discuss how Nolan was tased by a man dressed in drag.
Flag
Sorry for Nolan.. but this show is already dead.. Frankly
I do not understand why are they still insisting in useless characters like Jack or Aiden. Oh please give me a break..
Flag
Lol, I'm not surprised that there isn't even a review of last night's episode "Allegiance". It was one of the worst episode's of tv I've ever seen. I had so much hope after they ditched Emily's amnesia and introduced the new double infinity box...but now it seems the writers are aware of a cancellation and are just opting to make every character completely insane.
Flag
So tired of NOTHING GOING ON, I mean, destroy this family already! David Clarke will just come and destroys it instead. Or I will, really. Everyone should die, except Nolan.
I had problems with season 2 and decided to give the show another shot, now I think I will just come back on season 4 finale and see whats going on!! Probably I will lose absolutely - nothing.

Flag
I agree with most of this recap. The way I know I'm losing interest is a show sits in my DVR for days after it airs and I watch reruns of other things on Netflix b4 I finally watch the show. Ugh! When Stevie Grayson was sitting there drinking I rolled my eyes and thought well that didn't take long and I really don't care. I really use to like this show and sad I'm losing interest. :(
Flag
unpopular opinion I think I like the past 3 episodes of Revenge but I have to agree with story arcs are so disintegrated I mean I really cannot tell what 'revenge' plan is Emily trying to pull 1. you could have run before and take the money 2. you could have burn down their home and watch 3. you could have sent Daniel to jail anyway I like the new Daniel at least he is not so dismal as Charlotte is so gullible I wanna pull her hair.
Flag
Mike Kelly was right when he asked about giving the series shorter season, it's a shame that he isn't the showrunner anymore... I think I'm one of the few people that really enjoyed season 2 of Revenge, despite the initiative storyline the things still felt important.. but now I can help to think that the show is not going into the right direction. I really really hope that ABC renews revenge for a fourth and FINAL SEASON.
Flag
Ahh, the first sentence in this review was soooo refreshing. As I finished watching the episode, I said aloud to myself "my goodness, when is the season finale?". Not that I want the season to end, but it's dragging. I love this show, but I agree with the writer on this one; they are filling these episodes with unnecessary fluff.

Charlotte is so gullible, it's just ridiculous.
Pascal needs to get an early exit.
This new evil side of Daniel is actually quite..dare I say, sexy?
Flag
I agree with you about Daniel, he's becoming more Conrad every episode!
Flag
Watch the new Revenge episode, inappropriately called "Blood" in which Emily does absolutely nothing. Again.
Flag
It's like the writers read everything we say and do the opposite! Why the hell is Aiden back? Oh and dear wizard of oz could someone PLEASE give Charlotte a brain?

That's pretty much all I have to add, I agree with Kaitlin. Oh and this new Margaux and Daniel sexual tension.....smdh. Just stupid. I vote for Jack to take the house alone. AND FOR THE LOVE OF TELEVISION SOMEONE FIX MARGEAUX'S HAIR! It mostly looks like the back end of a sheep's butt.
Flag
BTW, why is Aiden still on the show?!

Flag
All the negativity in the review/comments is getting tiring to read. It's an hour of mindless entertainment in a Sunday night people!
Flag
But last Sunday that was not entertainment. Simply dull.
Flag
To each their own I guess. It's still fun to escape to another world for an hour every week, at least for me. It's a TV show. I just don't understand why people take it so seriously.
Flag
Because this show is sooo far from reality,can't stop watching it,but really not enjoy anymore. Scenes like the last one when Jack's mother told him maybe he loves Emily, he was like "you are right i didn't know that". Everything about this show become so predictable and pathetic...
Flag
Or maybe he was wondering when and why Daniel was talking about him to his mother ;)
Flag
it used to at least be fun, but lately it has just been boring. when i watch a show i agree, i care more about enjoying it than being perfect. But Revenge is better than this, and they are clearly running out of ideas. They are way off the main plot once again.
Flag
Sassy morning at the Grayson's. I like Daniel, but wish he would stop messing around with Emily's drama. Then there's the drama of everybody peeing in the pool. #Nightsoaps.
Flag
Random comments. I need subtitles to understand what Pascal is saying. My educated guess is that it does not really matter. That storyline is a waste of airtime. That includes his daughter. I never bought into her relationship with Jack so let her just move on, with Daniel or whatever.
The best part of the show is the interactionb between Nolan, Emily, Victoria and Conrad. Mason Treadwell is always interesting too. The rest is just a distraction.
I loved the first season and have stuck around, just like I did with Desperate Housewives, even though I know it no longer is special.

Flag
Nothing memorable about this episode at all, except it seemed to be "treat your mom like shit" Aiden abandoning his mom for 8 years after all they've been through? Not what I'd call a good son. Stevie relapses and Jack's resolve is to send her to LA. What the fuck?

"I stated last week that I don't give a damn about the drama at Voulez, and now I'd like to extend that sentiment to the storylines about Pascal's entire media empire. No wait, make that everything relating to Pascal." Yes. Yes, yes, yes.

If they do a love triangle between Jack/Margaux/Daniel, I'll scream. We already did this crap with Deacon/Megan/Teddy on Nashville and Lord knows I don't want to see that again. One shitty ABC love triangle that nobody cares about is enough.

I can see why Mike Kelley got the hell out of here. This show really can't last but so long, please let season 4 be it. I'm watching because I plan on sticking through it, but the show has sharp declines in quality and it hurts because it had such an awesome start. Let the show die and send Emily VanCamp to Agents of Shield since she was recently introduced in Cap America 2.
More+
Flag
I must say that after awful episodes I'm kind of enjoying the show again a little bit.
Flag
Sadly I think they are heading for a Jack/Margaux/Daniel love triangle and it will be another storyline that can put you to sleep.
Flag
I have watched this entire season online with my hand on the mouse so I can fastforward the shitty & boring side stories when I feel like it; it turns out I watch Revenge in about 7 mins and I dont miss anything with plot substance or Nolan scenes. Fascinating!
Flag
This show has gone to the dogs.
I don't know why ABC won't embrace the 13 episode season for this show. I'm sure they're haemorrhaging viewers between the stupid hiatuses and boring filler episodes.
Fook off Aiden and you're minging bumfluff "beard". Pretty sure his mother wasn't even really English. Incidentally, Ems and Aiden just jetted of to England at the drop of a hat, and jetted back within 2days and no sign of jetlag, losing days to airport delays or transfers, AND just fell into bed with each other straight after they got back?? It's amazing what a few billion dollars can do to circumvent nature!
Vicky and Pascal make me uncomfortable for some reason.
PLEASE, no Daniel-Margot-Jack love triangle. Also, no Emily-Jack-Margot love triangle.
Javier and Charlot...zzzzzzzzzzzzz
Danny boy needs to die.
Flag
Charlotte flip flops more than John Kerry or Obama. Please tell me she is killed off in the finale? Margaux said she doesn't like jealous men, but she was upset last week over Emily. The broken mirror in Mason's cell was hilarious. That would never happen. It was such a stupid error. I don't understand why Nolan's friend would tell Charlotte such important info that isn't any of her business nor is it his business.

The episode wasn't a letdown, but the show needs to end. It will get a S4, but please let it be the last. David Clarke is going to have to dig himself out of the grave and finish this mission himself. Or was he cremated? Emily aka Amanda Clarke, you have failed this city.

And Aiden needs to die too.
Flag
I'm afraid they may try to pull some David Clarke is actually alive crap that will bury the show for good.
Flag
Hope not.
Flag
"Blood" was a not a good Episode - haha when was the last good Episode? I cant remember
Flag
my goodness this show has become so boring. What is Emily even trying to achieve anymore? I rolled my eyes so many times this episode. The creativity and unpredictability of S1, and even S2 is just gone. I might call it quits if the finale is a bust. And can somebody make Charlotte useful please or just kill her off.
Flag
THE SHARPIE IS COMING BACK!!!!!!
Flag
I think Emily really needs to perform her ultimate takedown on the Graysons in this finale. I know that it's sort of the reason the show exists, but for the sake of the shows integrity it cannot be dragged out much longer. It needs to happen and it needs to happen soon.

There can still be an aftermath season, but with a takedown that's been in process for 3 years, it begs the question, What more preparations could Emily possibly need to do? Finish it, destroy the Graysons, and then start with the ashes. Have Victoria begin her own Revenge plot. I don't know, just SOMETHING.
Flag
Rock collecting... bwahahaha they're minerals!!!
Flag
horrible episode of an overall horrible season. I fully agree it is too much content to fill for 22 peisodes and therefore it gets weaker every week.
Flag
Please, please cool it with the French connection on this show. Pascal and Margo with their annoying accents are too much as it is, now Pascal jr is waiting in the shadows to join (ruin) the party. Please toss him into the bidet and let him drown before he can bore us with his presence.

Nolan - can't you use a little common sense when picking your boyfriends ? Tyler and Patrick were bad enough, now this Jose punk ? C'mon Nolan, you're supposed to be a genius.
Flag
I didn't feel as badly about the episode as most, it was simply a set-up episode and I can't wait to see what's in store for the rest of the season. But I enjoy Aiden's character, so I'm in pretty small company there and I'm glad he and his mother got a little closure in this episode. And he's back with Emily, but anyway. I'm really bummed Javier is double-crossing Nolan and teaming up with Charlotte, but I'm still holding out hope that he's still working for Nolan and only getting close to Charlotte to tell Nolan what their plans are. Because that would be wayyyy more interesting. And a Daniel vs. Jack war over Margax? LOL! And I don't think Stevie is gone for good. She'll be back. She's still in the dark that Emily is really Amanda, right? That was a little confusing. And Mason Treadwell is always brilliant, I hope we get little look-ins at his life every once in a while from now until the season's end. All in all it was a decent episode (although I enjoy ever episode no matter how deliciously ridiculous it is). Next week looks fun and I'm calling it right now that Aiden kills Pascal because he finds out Pascal is really the one that shot his dad rather than committing suicide.
More+
Flag
So far you got half of that right...
Flag
This episode of Revenge was just atrocious; I'm sorry but the show I once hailed as the new Dynasty continues to fall flat on it's face. What the fans want is so obvious, good soapy drama, with sex, great clothes and sassy women. Is that really too much to ask for? Season 1 was great but these last two seasons just continue to coast on life preservers. I AM NOT a Mason Tredwell fan, he should have died a long time ago and Emily keeps him alive; why? He's a threat and he's not afraid to blackmail her or strong arm her to get what he wants so why is she keeping him alive; I know Emily is not a murderer but Mason is far from a saint; he was an enemy that she was supposed to take down. So why are we spinning our wheels on his story line. The commercials referred to him as the devil; well um... maybe he should do something devilish or clever and I'd give him a break; he's just a plot point that has been left dangling over and over again. The other thing that I had to give the eye roll was Stevie Grayson. one of my friends got so excited about her coming; despite my continued warnings that Revenge brings people in and then does nothing substantial with them. There's a long line of characters that have come and gone that could have done amazing things plot wise if they were allowed to really reach their potential and from the first time Stevie picked up a bottle I told my friend; she is going to leave the Hampton's to save herself and sure enough that's exactly what happened. I miss season one, the season where we were guaranteed a snappy dialogue between Victoria and Emily; great fashions and a few sexy love triangles (quadrangles) but this season is not as bad as season 2 but it's not a whole lot better either. Can we please just have Victoria find out that Emily is Amanda and get the plot moving. That is my prediction for the finale, that Victoria will find out the truth. FINALLY... if not I may not be tuning in to season 4 where we spend 22 episodes of the Graysons almost knowing that something is up, Daniel being a sleaze, Conrad being a sleaze and an assortment of new characters come in and leave barely altering the main story.
More+
Flag
I am just praying Emily gets rid of Daniel in some very horrible way...he is just the worst!
Flag
Hate to admit it but this show needs to take some drastic measures to turn things around.
Flag
Since the writers completely ignore Nolan/Conrad could they get a spin off and pit them against each other? Both are good actors with nothing to do, which is such a shame. I found the whole Aiden/his mother etc SL incredibly dull and only there to service "Team Aiden", a last hurrah before they kill him off. And not a moment too soon. Emily's other love interest Jack, has as little spark. The writers catering to "shippers" killed the show.
Flag
Another boring episode with more pointless storylines than you can count.
Flag
I was put off as soon as I found out Emily's story this episode was "lets find a guy, who knows a guy, who knows a guy, who might know something about another guy" but I could handle it if it lead to some kind of smoking gun they could use against Pascal. However, I'm even more put off by the fact that, that entire pointless plot only lead to the revelation that they need to find another guy who might know something about Pascal, maybe. Like geez, this show use to move. Pascal has been in town for three episodes now and they're still trying to figure out what he might have to do with David Clarke. Season 1 Revenge would not stand for this wheel spinning.
Flag
I didn't hate it as much as you did (of course I am of the..and I hate to say this is this terminology, Team Aiden camp...even if he really is just the show showing us Emily's post revenge plans, I also really was on the fence with the whole Jack and Stevie conversation. I know he probably knows what Emily and Nolan did and feels bad and I actually really don't believe he is in love at all with Emily but he still loves FauxAmanda and he loves the Amanda Clarke eight year old he knew, this Emily person is too different).

I agree about Conrad, clearly he is bored. A family member should be concerned about this...and did anyone else feel a sense of...well, no the specific thought of, holy shit, Charlotte is going to figure this all out before anyone else.

I am desperately hoping that Oscar Chapman is actually someone we know already who might be so firmly and clearly on David Clarke's side that Emily will have no issue trusting him (unlike Mason).

I did have a funny cross over in my head...that sometime in the next three years that Oliver Queen is on the island, he stumbles upon Tanaka's revenge academy and meets up with Emily and Aiden.
More+
Flag
they're not rocks, they're minerals! jesus christ, kaitlin!
Flag
Staff
I was hoping someone would comment with this!
Flag
You win. Best comment.
Flag
Wonder why Nolan is in the fetal position in that corner there for next week's promo. Should be interesting to watch.

Flag
Goodbye Revenge, i loved you, but enough is enough. Last night's episode was my last, the bold and the beautiful has better story lines. With the first 2 seasons i couldnt even pour myself a drink so much stuff happend in 1 episode, now you can skip it for 3 weeks and you didnt miss sh*t ;((( #SAD
Flag
We need a red marker eraser for em's pic - let's start over ... bring back all of her enemies (and all these useless sub-characters) for one last fling - invite them all to Grayson's manor ... voila ! the MISERY can be ended ... FOREVER !
Flag
I think we need a mass causality event on this show, where lots of extra characters die.

Super glad Mason is not actually dead:)
Flag
Agreed! Out of all the (many) characters that need to die, Mason is not one of them!

I miss the days of Ashley and Lydia and Amanda. They were much better than all these season 3 people seemingly from no where yet all connected. Lame.
Flag
"Amanda"s death was the only good part of last season so she's definitely missed. Since Lydia is still alive, maybe she'll return again someday...
Flag
I think it was totally brilliant how Emily got Mason out of jail buy fake killing him for 12 hours.
Flag
Follow this Show
Members