A Revenge Community
ABC (ended 2015)

Revenge S03E05: "Control"

Oh, Revenge. Let me preface this by stating that I do so love you and your icy cold stares and your thinly veiled contempt. But you've been faltering in your character-building moments for, like, ever. Rationally, I know every episode be all revenge all the time, but I don't think any of the romantic entanglements you're throwing at viewers are adding that much to the story. And this is a problem.

All television shows need character development to keep moving forward. Revenge is stuck in a rut where characters don't change, or feel anything at all. Nolan expertly spelled this out for both Emily and viewers last night in "Control." After Daniel called off the wedding because Emily hasn't been supporting him or loving him or doing much of anything related to/concerning him, Emily was at a loss about how to win him back. And it's because Emily has been so focused on this mission to destroy the Graysons for so long that she doesn't understand real human emotion anymore. Nolan told her that people just want their partners to be open and honest with them, to share a piece of themselves—something he recently learned thanks to Patrick. And that's all I'm asking of Revenge: Share something real with me, please? Because otherwise, what's to stop me from throwing my hands up and pulling a Daniel?

Revenge has been devoid of any real heart for a long time, and it's really starting to hurt the series. It's hard to buy Emily feeling anything for Jack or Aiden or anyone else at this point. Season 1 worked so well because it balanced the revenge-ing with actual emotion. It looked as if Emily started to develop actual feelings for Daniel at one point, which made her relatable to viewers and added depth to the story. But now Emily claims that she can't stand to be around him, which, fine that's fair. But we've never actually seen that. Last week she exposed his DUI out of spite and anger, but that's the one and only time we've seen her display any sort of emotion in her relationship with Daniel. And him calling off the wedding this week was absolutely the right call, I just wish it had stuck. It was nice to see Emily finally share a bit of herself with Daniel, even if it was all part of her master revenge plan, but it proved she's not completely heartless. That being said, homeboy deserves better. He's distanced himself from his parents, he struck out on his own with this magazine venture— which launched this week, by the way—and he's doing really well. And fine, I admit it: I really like Daniel. He's a good guy and he deserves better than to be stuck in this dead-end relationship with Emily. For a long time I really wished she'd eventually find a way to love him, but that yacht has sailed and now I'm moving in a different direction.

I don't necessarily identify as a Jack and Emily shipper, but they're the closest thing the series has to real honest love. Which is why I wish Revenge would stop trying to make Aiden happen. He's never going to happen. He's volatile, he can't be trusted, he lets his emotions control him, and his personal agenda comes before Emily's. The series has told us time and again that Emily loves Jack; he's her Dawson and her Pacey, basically. So why do the writers keep throwing Aiden at us? Having Emily tell Aiden that he means everything to her tears at the fabric of the universe the series has spent the last two-plus years building. Yes, she came to this conclusion after seeing Jack kiss Margaux, but bottom line: This isn't working. Maybe I have a lump of coal where my heart is supposed to be, but I am straight up not feeling it. I can't remember the last time I felt an ounce of emotion between Emily and a man who wasn't Nolan. 

If the show plans to continue this storyline with Aiden, I don't see how it can be successful. That lame-o kiss at the end of "Control" was about as enticing as smooching a porcupine that's covered in tar. Part of me wants to believe the lack of emotion was purposeful, as if to say, "Emily doesn't love Aiden, she loves Jack and she's only choosing Aiden because she can't have Jack." And if so I'd be like BRAVO, REVENGE! But to be honest, I don't necessarily believe that's the entire reason the scene played so false. The show really does seem to want us to believe that Emily loves Aiden back, at least a little bit, but their lack of chemistry is hurting the storyline. It's the show trying to shoehorn in some character drama between car crashes, fake diseases, bankruptcy, and shady firstborn children. And there's no way it can succeed if Emily spends 95 percent of the series showing no emotion other than contempt.

Last week, in a fit of schoolboy jealousy, Aiden told Conrad that someone had tampered with his brakes, and that person was Jack. It wasn't, of course, and I'll get to that in a moment, but the point of the matter is that Aiden's disregard for anyone and everything other than himself means he's a liability in this revenge game. Emily didn't want the Graysons to know about the brakes at all, but whoops, now they do because someone threw a hissy fit. I truthfully believe Aiden loves Emily and wants to help her succeed in her mission to bring down the Graysons, but even though he apologized for putting Conrad on Jack's tail for selfish reasons, and then for telling Jack to get the F out of town, that's a really shitty thing to do. There's no other way to say it: Aiden is not good for Emily and he's not good for Revenge

What is good for Revenge, though? Whatever the hell is happening with Patrick. I don't know the general consensus on him, but like him. At first, it was simply for Justin Hartley's face, sculpted back, etc. And then it was for his attraction to Nolan. But finding out what we suspected to be true all along—he's not as innocent as he appeared at first glance—was an added bonus. When Charlotte walked in and tearfully confessed to tampering with Conrad's brakes, I groaned. I knew once she really got going, however, that it was a sham. It wasn't her style. As I stated last week, Charlotte is the passive aggressive type, not the take action type. Besides, not only do I not believe she would know what to do, but I don't believe she'd kill anyone either, no matter how much she hated them. I am surprised that she just went along with Victoria's cover up, though. She's becoming more and more like her mother every day. 

I also don't really believe that Victoria and Patrick were on it the brakes together. Nope. Would it be a good twist? Sure. Maybe. But I think I would much rather prefer it if Patrick joined Team Revenge. He's wormed his way into Victoria's life, and Nolan's heart (and pants), and we don't know what he's really up to, but it would be downright delightful if that were the case. The fact that Victoria knows "the truth" now and the fact that she covered it up leads me to believe that she's even more crazy than we thought, and this will possibly lead to a showdown in the future, because even though Victoria doesn't love Conrad, that doesn't mean she needs or wants him dead. And who's to say Patrick would stop at Conrad? 

No matter the case, Patrick is probably going to need some allies, and having Emily and Nolan on his side would be a good start. Which is why it's important for me to know if his attraction to Nolan is actually genuine. In my cold dead heart, I hope it is. Because Nolan deserves to be happy, I would like Hartley's abs to be something that might show up every Sunday evening, and because if Emily can't show any emotion, maybe the two of them can help balance out the cold, harsh emotionless Hamptons. But if he's playing Nolan, we're going to have to fight. And I can get pretty scrappy when I need to be.

NOTES

– Nolan's rocking the colorful blazers lately. His first one of this episode—the pink one he wore with white pants and red shoes—takes the cake for the best look this week.

Adios, Carl! I don't know where Jack sent you, but I hope it was to a warm, loving family far, far away from the Hamptons.

Do you like Margaux? Also, Margaux and Jack: Do you ship it?

Do you think Daniel deserves better?

Do you think Patrick is evil? Better yet, do you think his intentions with Nolan are pure?

– What did you think of this episode?

Previously Aired Episode

AIRED ON 5/10/2015

Season 4 : Episode 23

283 Comments
Comments (283)
Submit
Sort: Latest | Popular
Aiden loves Emily wholeheartedly and he is willing to do anything for Emily. Emily needs the kind of love. Not Jack, I mean he pushed her to finish her revenge plan and threatened to reveal her secret! And Daniel, no please!
Flag
*that kind of love
Flag
This is about Revenge, Amanda's steps to take down the Graysons and the people helping her. You're worried about silly love stories and bashing Aiden who is the only reason she's still alive to see this vengeance through after the grey haired man nearly slit her throat. Do you even read your users comments, or do you prefer blissful ignorance? I can't believe anyone even reads your crap
Flag
Go ahead and delete my post like you have to others before when someone doesn't agree with you. You are pathetic.
Flag
This is about Revenge, Amanda's steps to take down the Graysons and the people helping her. You're worried about silly love stories and bashing Aiden who is the only reason she's still alive to see this vengeance through after the grey haired man nearly slit her throat. Do you even read your users comments, or do you prefer blissful ignorance? I can't believe anyone even reads your crap
Flag
It's so easy to hate. Where all that hatred comes from?

1- Jack hates Grayson because his brother died, so did his lovely killer wife,
1- Why didn't Jack hate the heart attack that killed his dad?

2- Nolan hates Grayson because it's fun to be with Emily,
2- Why didn't he hate Aiden for letting him go to prison?

3- Patrick hates Conrad because he is his mummy's husband,
3- Why didn't he hate Nolan for breaking his privacy?

4- Aiden hates Grayson because Emily hates them,
4- Why didn't he hate Emily for snagging any man?

5- Emily hates the Graysons because of what? : real love rip
5- Why didn't she hate Eli, who was responsible for her Juvie stay?

6- Viewers hate the Graysons because Emily hates them,
6- Everybody is lovable except the Grayson

That's easy to choose who you hate: a scapegoat.

Flag
Making assumptions on the story plot and relevance of characters is pointless, its not meant to be a predictable story . How is "not liking" a character an issue ? It's not Big Brother in which you can vote them off ! . I think It's a good show, though I'm slow figuring it out sometimes.
Flag
I think its very possible that Patrick is working with Emily, have we seen them in a scene together when there was no one else around and they didn't have to keep up a pretence? I seem to remember that Emily donned her signature hoody and went to the convente where VIctoria stayed to find out what happend to Victorias baby, did she manage to track him down and turn him in the meantime? Or have we already established that Emily and Nolan are just as curious about Patrick, maybe I'm just spouting bullshit, its late sorry!
Flag
Yes, we have seen them together when no one else was around. At the Southfork Inn when Patrick slammed the door on Ems.
Flag
Hmmm that is interesting! I had forgotten that Emily went to the convent to learn about Victoria's baby.
Flag
Which characters do I like in Revenge? Nolan, Nolan, Nolan, Nolan.... and Carl
Flag
– Do you like Margaux? Also, Margaux and Jack: Do you ship it?
Meh, I don't like Jack and Margaux is irrelevant to me at this point.

– Do you think Daniel deserves better?
Mmmm NO. I think that I can be sorry for him, but he definetely isn't a good guy! He's a Grayson after all and helped cover stuff up too many times!
I like him as one of the villains Emily wants to take down..

– Do you think Patrick is evil? Better yet, do you think his intentions with Nolan are pure?
He must be another psycho. Also I expect him too die, but this would mean Nolan attracts bad luck on the people that found a way to his pants...

– What did you think of this episode?
Still, I liked the episode and keep on loving the show. This is so much better than season 2's first half! You can hate Aiden, I don't particularly like him, you're right about his motives but we need him and his temper to make some twists in the storyline!

Flag
The Aiden thing is sad at this point, really. I believe she only kissed him because Jack kissed Margaux, but still. Enough of that. If Emily is going to have any chance at redemption with Jack, then this is by far a horrible path to take. In fact, it would be best if she didn't have any love interest (aside from Jack) at all, because it would make more sense then doing whatever she is doing with Aiden.

I actually really like Margaux as a character! The actress is sweet and the character seems more-less likable. I hope she sticks around. The same goes for Patrick.

But Aiden should go. He is ridicuolous. I get it that he is the only one who understands Emily and whatnot, but he has to go. He adds nothing to the story but the British accent.
Flag
Seems like people are ALWAYS looking for some couple to root for when watching these tv shows. Me personally I could care less who Emily ends up with or if she ends up with neither of them. I watch this show to see Emily vs Grayson's, her trying to avenge her father. I could care less about a couple. But I did LOL at the thought of Daniel deserving better, he may not be as bad as his parents but he is no angel either.
Flag
I think that Emily will end up alone or dead. Agree with you about Daniel..
Flag
hate margaux so much. almost as much as aiden, these two need to go together to france and disapear for ever. also now i find jack unnecesary im sorry but its the truth. i want nolan all the time though.
Flag
OK, look, 1st Daniel, YES he deserves better. The Nolan "he's evolved" line was dead on. Her hate of him, is representative of this season thus far: WTH? Personalities are off, story-lines are grabbing at straws. I wanted Daniel and Em in love, that was the twist, she comes to take down the family, but falls for the son. THem being in love in real life, is the reason, that chem comes to the screen. Now this all of a sudden hate, is bad for the show. #2 Patrick: NO hes not for real, his end game is Emily's end game and he is not gay and not into Nolan. He must really hate them, to fake being gay. He needs Emily. #Jack: he has no chem with Emily. But, he needs something in his story. So, this chick I guess, but why does she like him?? #4 Revenge is off the rails. Em is everyhere, and we thought she was not into Aiden, after last season; now with no background or depth, she has the 'everything' moment. And her "controlled" revenge behavior snapped why? I mean doing that to Daniel, the quote DUI, makes no sense! Whatever.
Flag
Emily is clearly breaking down
Flag
I have never rooted for Emily and Jack. I mean, he was all into the Amanda that wasn't Amanda. I'm sorry but even Daniel managed to notice the difference between childhood Emily Throne and present day Emily Throne/The Real Amanda Clark i.e. the stolen family beach picture. But then again he excepted Emily's "I don't even recognize myself..." defence.

In Daniel's case, he's never actually "known" Amanda, like Jack...
Okay I have just never been able to get over how easily Jack went for the Amanda switcheroo.

I do not ship Aiden and Emily. They "know" each other, but this sounds ridiculous, (considering the entire premise of this show) but he's so into himself. Like dude, it's Emily's /Amanda's revenge plan, follow along or back off...

This may be short sited, but I think the end game should really just be Emily and Daniel. They could be the Victoria/Conrad 2.0.

Patrick...he's either a part of something bigger, or he's crazy and hell bent on getting rid of everyone in Victoria's life.

Flag
ummm did i miss smth because last time i checked ems and jack had exactly zero chemistry. he's like mashed potatos, absolutely no value to the show. i'm praying he gets killed or at least shipped away for good. and the main problem of this show is the ballast of so many unimportant characters jack being one of them. every time he shows up on my screen i feel like it's advertisment time.
Flag
and yeah almost forgot. did you see the aiden emily kiss??? HOT. only blind would deny that. that's what you can call a chemistry
Flag
What a bias article, let the viewers decide who they want to ship!
Flag
This review is not bias, it's personal and subjective, and that's why it is good. Kaitlin is not a robot, she has her own opinion, feelings, and she frees to express it.
Flag
I think that the writers miscalculated last year and didn't expect some people to actually like Emily and Aidan together; the couple we are all supposed to be rooting for is Emily and Jack. The reason they brought Aidan back this season was, in my opinion, to find a way to make him 100% unlikable and to get everyone to root for Emily and Jack. The problem with that is that even if we totally dislike Aidan for Em, it still won't make all of us like Jack for her. I want to. I really do. At this point I prefer to see her alone and focused on revenge.
Flag
No one likes Aiden, and no one has ever liked Aiden. He's been nothing but a plot device throughout S2, as to why they brought him back for Season 3 - I'll never understand. He's completely unnecessary.

I wish that he would just go away and quit ruining the show for me. :(
Flag
No one? No one? Really. Generalize much?
Flag
Yes, it's called hyperbole.

You and Kiwirevengefan should look it up.
Flag
Wow, using big words now. Clever!
Flag
@chris17blue, who do you think you are saying "no one likes Aiden, and no one has ever liked Aiden". What a lot of rubbish, there are more people liking Aiden than either of the others. While I might not like Jack myself I fully acknowledge that many people do, also some people like Daniel. To say that "no one likes ....." just because you don't like that person is pretty pathetic. A bit like rigging polls.....

You got it right when you said "I'll never understand"
Flag
lol ^ - thanks for the laugh.
Flag
Endgame: Jack and Emily, but Daniel happened, so to break this connection Aiden happened and re-happened. Maybe to break Aiden they will introduce another male character.
Flag
Ugh. I don't think I ship Jack-Margaux, even if I don't think he's going to end up with Emily at the end. I honestly see her ending up with nobody.

The "you're my everything" scene with Aiden felt extremely calculated. She loved him once, but now I think it's either a "take what you can get" or a way for her to regain control over his part in the revengenda (the episode IS called "Control", after all).

I really want to know what's going on with Patrick. Is it possible he's just setting all of this up to ruin Victoria? I mean, if I found out that my mother gave me up at six months to pursue an art degree in Paris and then sent her henchman to rough me up when I tried to reach out, I wouldn't exactly be all lovey and devoted to her - but I could sure as hell act like it. He'd be a great surprise ally for Emily.

Kaitlin, I'll kick his ass with you if he's playing Nolan. He deserves to get one right after all he's been through, and I really don't want to believe his taste is that horrible.

As for Charlotte, the tearful confession was so over-the-top but it was perfect for Conrad. And I'm glad to see her take some kind of action, especially to protect Jack. (Ooh, wouldn't that be an interesting pair?)

Here's the thing about Daniel, though - he may have started as a good guy, and he may still have good intentions, but his heart has more than a few black spots on it. He's showing streaks of both his mother and his father and it'll be interesting to see which side he comes down on in the end. That said, I see why Emily can't "stand" to be around him (I've mentioned the "king of the castle" routine before) but her behavior should really have exhibited it more before that blanket "I can't stand being around him" statement.
More+
Flag
I agree with your take on the scene with Aidan. I think it was her way to gain some control over him again. She realized that he also has his own agenda.
Flag
With all due respect this is an extremely dull review from a very narrow point of view with soap opera expectations and libido triggers like "Green Arrows" face. In the meantime it reads like the author is not even watching the show when she says that Emily cannot be emotional. The last 3 episodes she is a hot mess and would even miss the party of the Canadian Tomboy to protect her big love Jack. Does it always need red eyes and dripping eyeliner to show evidence of an emotion? Isn't the entire plot about an emotional reaction and how do you conclude genuine feelings from Patrick towards Nolan without being completely oblivious everything he has done already. He is his mom's son alright and whatever you see is because you want to see it which means the show is better as you give it credit for because it is about fooling people with nice faces and smooth talk and you walked right into it ♥ :-)

In general I feel when a reviewer is already cynical about a show it might be better to review a different show instead because most readers are fans of the show and they might just want some reinforcements that the show is good instead of pointing out things based on almost exclusive opinions and hoping for rainbows by trying to get rid off Aiden who is unpredictable, desperate and with a certain dangerous knowledge and the skills to sink the ship... why in god's name would anyone trying to take this red flag away from the show???
More+
Flag
Exactly what I thought about Aiden!
Flag
I'm a fan of Revenge and all season it has been dull and lackluster; I found myself watching this show out of habit and hope that it will get better; it gets worse; it keeps running around in circles; Jack, Aiden, Daniel, Emily over and over, Conrad plot scheme, plot scheme, and repeat. The huge problem is that the actors haven't had any real emotions to play on; characters like Victoria are just window dressing; So don't get mad at a reviewer for not liking what they are seeing; it's they're opinion. And just because a show is letting you down; doesn't mean you should shut up and go sit in a corner; you get vocal about it; writers, producer, directors, actors all want to know what fans are thinking to gage what they are doing right and wrong which is why they started the season by saying lets forget about the initiative and carrion ever existed. So from what I can see they are just biding they're time till the mid season finale when Emily gets shot and falls off the boat; we hopefully will get some real development once that's over with and we can move on. We all know Emily won't die so the suspense is only in who did it? Right now Revenge is not good; its not must see TV; it's just TV treading water and if someone doesn't speak up now; there may not be a season 3; so for us fans that are bitching; we won't be the ones saying at the end; "What happened; I liked that show; Why'd they cancel it;" Cause we already know and tried to get the word out that we want our show fixed ASAP!!!!!!
More +
Flag
I don't find it dull anymore. It is much improved from last year.
Flag
"Right now Revenge is not good; its not must see TV; it's just TV treading water and if someone doesn't speak up now; there may not be a season 3; so for us fans that are bitching; we won't be the ones saying at the end; "What happened; I liked that show; Why'd they cancel it;""

Thank you. You speak the truth. ^ <3
Flag
this is Season 3
Flag
First of all, "the author" has a name and it is right there at the top of the page. Second, it's a review - by definition, subjective. Maybe if you have an issue with "the author"'s honest opinion of the show then you should read someone else's review, one that reinforces your point of view about the show being so good.

The show IS good, and not only do Kaitlin's criticisms not take away from that, I would put forth that they ADD to it by bringing up perspectives that other Revengers might not consider right away. I'd rather disagree with her points (some of which I will, momentarily) than read some fluff piece of "ZOMG REVENGE IS AWESOME AND PERFECT!!"
Flag
The relationships in this show are starting to feel cyclical; Emily is juggling the same three guys for the same reasons, and Nolan is flirting with a potentially disastrous relationship with a sinister side character...is it just me, or is this the exact same dynamic as the first season?
Flag
Aiden is lame. Send him back to Japan. Better yet, go back to the story before he was introduced and don't introduce him.
Flag
"Send him back to Japan."

lmao ^
Flag
yea for me, the EMily/Daniel EMily/Jack thing worked, it was interesting having her have feelings for the son of her target. And Jack is like dead wood, no substance.
Flag
Jack can go fly a kite! Jack is so lame
Flag
Jack is a waste of a character..
Flag
I watched the first episode of season 3 last night and this show has gone to hell in a handbasket. The show we loved in season 1 is no more. I noticed that Emily will be shot this season. Make it sooner rather than later and let her die with a little dignity left, willya!!!
Flag
No show tops it's first season but at least it improved upon it's second season
Flag
I don't understand all the hatred for Aiden. I like his character because he's unpredictable you never quite know what he will do next because he is so volatile.
I actually would like to see Emily show some emotion or attachment to Daniel again like from season 1. They were starting to get too stale for me, but now it could be interesting again because of the conflict that real feelings for Dniel could create.
I hope Patrick is evil. Right now he seems too good to be true and it's uninteresting at least for me.
Flag
Team Aiden all the way
Flag
Well,what you like about Aiden is a key part of what makes many of us hate him.We want things to be on track,not constantly diverted.
Flag
Jack has really got to stop with the same one liner of "what happened to the little girl I used to know?" I dont know jack maybe try 20 years, her fathers wrongful conviction, her fathers murder, her moms abandonment, her moms sickness, foster care,juvie etc., the list is too long. And I love aiden, I dont understand why they're writing him to be kinda annoying. And no connection, I totally felt something when emily found out aiden had been shot by daniel :)
Flag
Be fair...Amanda's mother was out of her life before she ever met Jack.
Aiden is annoying,I don't understand why people love him.
Flag
Don't get why people don't like Aiden, he is perfect for Emily. He has always known who she was and still loved her. I couldn't care less about Jack, and his very boring story line, I was very happy when they killed off Amanda, and will be very happy when they kill of him as well.
I hope Patrick is one of the good guys, I don't want to see Nolan get hurt again. Please not another psycho lover, he has been hurt so many times.
I did liked this episode, although the series definitely isn't as good as it was the first season. But I have high hopes for the rest of this season, it is getting better again.
Flag
Aiden is the one who needs to be killed off.He's all about himself and this is not his battle...if he won't restrict himself to only what she wants he's part of her problems.

If Nolan can't stop having boyfriends I hope they are all psychos!
Flag
Jack needs to go!!!
Flag
Patrick ain't no good guy. Even his ex wife referred to him as a dirtbag. Why would a gay dude marry a woman unless there is some kind of con job involved. He already helped Victoria swindle the art gallery away from that woman and he's the one that poked a hole in Conrad's brake fluid reservoir. He's a psycho.
Flag
Firstly, Kaitlin thanks for your reviews I like each of them.

Secondly Revenge was something special, not anymore because the show lost its soul. Creation needs freedom, and I think the writers and the showrunner are such under pressure that they are trying very hard to gain the audience back, so they pull classical strings like romance, infidelity, sexy bodies and marital fights. Instead of being special Revenge is now an ok show. Every relationship in that show seems fake. Every intrigue seems overmanufactured. The characters need more density, more food. I agree with you stop making Aiden happens at least as a lover. Now, let's stay a while on Emily's romance affair.

Maybe the childhood crush was an endgame, but something happened: the connection between Daniel and Emily. Afraid of that, the writers try hard to demolish it, so they welcomed Aiden as a lover, and demonized Daniel. Well done, writers! Now they have a huge problem: how to get rid of Emily's long list of lovers. So they found a trick: Jack is a true love, Aiden is a love and Daniel is a false love. With such a list, a lot of viewers are asking why marrying Daniel is such important in Emily's plan because she has already succeeded to ruin Graysons' life without being married.

Season 3 shifted priority: less focus on red sharpies and more in Emily's emotional state : how to transform a one dimensional character in an human being? But if Daniel's evolved as Nolan said no one else has. Maybe we are starting seeing something when Emily confided herself to Daniel.
In order to feed our expectations, the writers brought Margaux and Patrick as lovers for Jack and Nolan. What can I say , they either will hurt each other or turn their rage against the Graysons, the enemy number one.

Finally, they were too quick to Erase last season story line and it seems we are watching a completely different show. Baby Carl the remainings of last season is gone. So now his dad can have a lot of fun: chasing the Graysons, partying, kissing women, etc.
More+
Flag
I totally agree with you, let us stat a while on Emily's romance affair, and focus more on the revenge.
Flag
Continuity is miserable in general.
They introduce and then erase Edward Grayson.
They introduce and then erase Kara Clarke.
They introduce the Initiative as a major big-bad and then hand-wave it away.
They need to commit to following storylines to logical conclusions rather than making sure everything never goes straightforwardly.
Flag
Ah, every single one of your points is correct.

I don't like the fact that the writers ruined Daniel in favor of Emily and Jack getting together. I don't like the fact that the introduced someone like Aiden as Emily's "love interest", she never needed an extra one. LOL < + Aiden is extremely annoying, extremely boring, and his relationship with Emily feels extremely forced and vomit inducing.

I think the shows broken beyond repair.
Flag
were only on the fifth episode so we will see if it gets better i do agree and i think revenge lost its soul in the second half of the first season and after that it just didnt feel like the same show again. pretty much now i watch out of curiosity of how this show is going to end
Flag
I hope they have the guts to have a real end and have enough notice to do that when it gets cancelled.
Flag
Idem. I do watch out of curiosity, with no high expectation. It's just an soap opera, no more no less.
Flag
even though its not related, but at the start of the year i started watching a tv show, i dun remb its name , it was about an undercover cop, who came in to investigate tht how her best friend was murdered, a black cop
characters name were mia bowles, robert bowles, suzzanne, who was an undercover cop
they owned a major drug company
Flag
....I think I am the only one liking Emily & Aiden together, hehehe! I still haven't began to watch this last season though, I am DVRing it, and I rather wait to have a bunch of episodes, to do a watching marathon later on :)
Flag
What I also thought was a bit stupid: Why did Emily ask Jack twice: What guy? oh he was british o.O
I mean obviously Conrad wouldnt send a guy to kill Jack so that he just send him a warning wasnt weird. Why would Emily ask ,,what guy?"
I mean I know why the writers did it - but that was too obvius ( again)
Flag
Did everyone else know the actor playing Nolan is in his 40s!!? My mind is so blown right now.
Flag
WTF O-O
Flag
Yeah, but the actress playing Margot looks like mid 50's.
Flag
Staff
I found that out last season and it still hasn't been fully processed by my brain.
Flag
I've always hated Aiden and his selfish obstructionism.
I hope that Patrick turns out to be an impostor.
I've never liked Margaux (really,shouldn't it be "Margot"?...Margaux is a place they make wine and Miss Hemingway was named for the wine).
I regret that the showrunners appear to have a presumption that everyone turns evil if hurt enough and that's what they're doing with Charlotte.
Flag
Staff

+1 for the Margot. I spell it that way every time and then have to go back and change it.
Flag
I think Nolan is the best character because of his focus on Emily. It's incredible how everyone plays everyone and each is happy and now EMily is so full of angst everytime, she even cried in front of Daniel...

It was so funny how Jack didn't know who Aiden was, we'll ALL like that!

We should already get to the Emily being shot on her wedding part so I can decide whether this is worth watching or if it's more of a season 2 FAIL, just sayin'
Flag
I don't like the Nolan+Patrick thing, Nolan deserves what's good for him or whatever, just don't get whiny and go in Emily's way. I feel neutral about Daniel but all the other dudes are either whiny and boring that it makes me whiny and bored watching them. I hope future episodes will feature less lovey-dovey-inflicted-boredom and more badass Emily.
Flag
Everything you said about Daniel is absolutely true... if this was Season one. I'm very so so on Jack, there are way too many shenanigans between him and Emily now, and this show is proven that Jack isn't as crazy as the rest of them. It's hard to see him being OK with thinking he married and had a baby with Amanda Clark, then doing it over again at the end of the series? I hope for Aiden's sake that Emily does have feelings for him, because otherwise he's a complete sucker.

Patrick? Really? He's too obviously up to underhanded deeds. I mean, have we seen that DNA test yet? (There is way too much sexual tension between him and Victoria) Stay away from Nolan!

But, I'm way less concerned about the romantic aspects on this show, and worry instead about all the sloppy revenging that's been going on. The Revegers have been dropping information left and right to the wrong people. And I wish Charlotte had done it, then she could get a little interesting. At this point, I'd be good with Emily just up and murdering everyone and walking into the sunset with Nolan.
More+
Flag
I hate the Emily and Jack Scenes.. ah buhu who cares if he leaves. When she ran to Aiden I thought gooood you stupid girl. And everything Jack, Daniel, Nolan and Aiden said today was right BUT hey Emily doesnt care what anyone says she knows best ( cause she has got a plan bahaha, yeah right). Slowly I would say go and see someone because it seems like she lives in a different world... this revenge thing is stupid now and she cant see it. I wouldnt even mind if she would actually die in the final and the show ends. I mean she thinks she can do whatever she wants and its okay? well I dont think so...

Aiden and her should be together but the writers dont want that - it is so obvious. Thats the problem, not Aiden himself

Daniel is not soo good, yeah thats true, BUT he would be. Look what annoys me is that she never says anything to him because she uses him and if she says something and he gets angry she says: aah Im sorry. Imagen Daniel would be your boyfriend and you would not be on a revenge trip. Season 1 after the interview when he picked his family. If that would be my dude I would go to him and I would freak out, telling him how bad his family is, would tell him we can leave, have our own life and that I dont want a boyfriend like that and to 90 % he would agree and we would leave. But Emily cant say that to him - she needs him around his family, and sometimes she even pushed him back. So its her fault aswell! ! But of course she doesnt see it that way.. And suddenly she cant be around him anymore.. yeah and Emily is a poor angel
More+
Flag
I'm sorry for all of you who don't like Jack, but he is the ''end game'' for Amanda... the hole show is based on these two characters...
Flag
Yep. Get over it people. They belong together.
Flag
Yuck!
Flag
Hmmm, if this poster is typical of the average Jack lover, then that explains the "hole" picture!
Flag
LOL Daniel, a good guy? Maybe good for himself.
Flag
I love Aidin and I think he is the only one WHO really understands what she is going through. Even Nolan cant understand fully. I hate Danial. He is a bad person. Plain and simple and as for Jack he is annoying.
Flag
Whatevs, I love Aiden ^^

How can somebody not rejoice eveytime Barry Sloan graces their screen? mind boggled.

Daniel is a tool, yes he tries to detach from his shitty family but he's still a tool, and Jack, oh Jack, I swear I've tried to like him.... but he's just always in everyones way, annoyingly whiny... god does he whyne about everything! he has lost a lot but he was a cry baby even before that; I was hoping the deads in his family would toughen him up but NOPE. Jack is a super nice guy and deserves a happy life (deserves better than Emily for sure), but he's boring as hell.
Aiden knows Emily, the real one and has stuck by her side regardless. You know is real love when you show your shitty self and your guy is still there in the morning.<3 AIMILY 4 EVA!

Nolan & Patrick.
We all know they're playing each other right? I know Patrick is super slimey and I bet 1 week's morning coffee that he's planing something about blonde fatale but I WANT to bealive that there's a double play here and Nolan has plans on his own. After all he said it himself, is a selfmade billionare with a 170 IQ, I hope the writers are trying to put us at easy by reminding us how smart he is, so I want him to show me how that brain of him works and prove that he had planed all along about the ex wife telling Victorio Jr. about the bribe and the whole romance thing... I bealive in smart people.. GO NERDS!!!
More+
Flag
Well i got to say this show is kinda losing it pretty first compared to the Revenge Season one that always kept u in suspense.....
i dont know wat Aiden is still doing on the show i mean he has lost purpose and he is VERY annoying.
I personally dont trust Patrick i mean dude comes out of nowhere and suddenly he is everywhere he definately has an agenda...
Nolan please be careful of Patrick,it will break my heart when it comes out he's been playing u..
Emily i love the revenge-ing u have sofar done but u are beggining to lose it sister plse get back on track and plse take Daniel with u otherwise if u lose him completely its definately leaving a big loop hole in your Revenge Book.
Flag
I also can't stand the Emily and Jack shipping. No matter how hard the show tries to shove in my face Emily loves Jack, I just don't buy it. They have no chemistry together. Personally I want Emily to be with Aiden because those two are more kindred spirit-like than Jack and Emily will ever be. However, I agree Aiden's character at the moment is lacking... Which is rather disappointing.

I'm also getting tired of Emily and Jack's scenes together. Every scene with them together has Jack being whiny and bitchy, Emily stating her revenge will take place soon, Jack complaining where is the little girl he once knew and so on. ENOUGH. I really don't know what Emily expects will happen every time she goes to the Stowaway, but by now she should know to stay away. Jack's pissed at her, and he has every reason to be. Girl, please stop acting desperate. I really hope the show has Jack never forgive Emily for her lies but I know that's too much to ask for...

Daniel I still can't stand... I'm glad Emily finally admitted she can't stand to be around him. I always thought she felt that way about him even if she hadn't admitted it before.

Yeah so all three love choices for Emily suck...

Sometimes I wonder why I even bother watching this show when the majority of the characters annoy the living hell out of me. But then there's Revenge's one saving grace. Oh how I adore Nolan! Yet its frustrating to see Nolan time and time again get screwed over in some way (and I'm not talking about the sexy kind of screwing because there isn't enough of that). Patrick is like a breath of fresh air. I really do hope he and Nolan remain together but the cards don't seem to be in their favor.

More+
Flag
I buy it, my friends buy it. Sorry you can't.
They will end up together before the series ends.
Flag
They probably will. Although if the writers choose to follow what the first episode implied, they won't.

And don't be sorry for me.
Flag
I agree, Jack and Emily's scenes are boring and painful to watch.
Flag
this show has basically became a full soap opera but it is still entertaining season 1 was a soapy thriller now this show is just a soap i would love for this show to add in bit more action and at least have emily do some revenge, which is whole the premise. no offence but if the show continues in the direction that its currently going in now then the writers might as well change the title of the show, because this is just getting ridicolous the show is called revenge and yet i havent really seen any revenge happen this season expect for the ashley takedown. there needs to be some action or else ratings will go down
Flag
I love Nolan and beginning to like Danielle too for his principles. AIden's ok and Patrick stays cos he's the only sexual content of Revenge this season to spice things up and can't say anything without showing his bod off to make a statement. And did Patrick really meddled with the brakes to Conrad's car or did Aiden fabricate the truth again? Everything has become so tense and convoluted. Jack bores me to death even though every show needs villains and good guys but seriously? If Patrick and Nolan becomes an item, then technically Nolan is screwing around with Emily's step brother. Hmm..I smell incest! Emily seems to be more and more messed up compared to the strong focussed revenge mastermind of the first season. Wake up Emily, Victoria's on to you ! Charlotte is, well, cheerleader fun, keeps the show silly. And of cos, Victoria's brilliant as usual. Now I'm curious who is Patrick and what does he want, blah blah blah and who shot Emily of cos.
Flag
Aiden is suuuuper boring. And annoying. Daniel is a bit of a weak worm. On the surface he looks like he's improving himself - but I feel like every time he gets pushed into a corner he turns nasty and evil...like the Grayson he is. Jack is....oh Jack. Dull? Bitter and indecisive. He never does anything but brood in a corner.
Why must the debate be about who Emily will end up with? Good god - all three of her "choices" suck. She should just finish up her revenging and move on.
Patrick and Nolan? Yes, please. More of that. I like to think that Nolan's not being played...but Nolan has been nothing but played since this show began. Sigh.
Flag
i didnt like this episode much but i do love aiden...
but this show is becoming uninteresting...
Flag
I agree with you in some things.
But Emily AND Jack? well...if you think that being HER pacey is enough, OK. You have all the right to do so. And I think that's what the writers thought it could be but it's with Jack that there is no chemistry at all. I wish they would stop trying to make us fall for that. They killed faux-manda, they made Daniel more like his father and I still can't see Jack as the end game. Emily VanCamp has definitely showed more connection with Daniel on season 1 and with Aiden on the terrible season 2.
You like that Patrick is shady? How's that a bonus? Everybody has an agenda on this show...it would be a twist if someone could be a normal human being with real emotions facing problems and dealing with real issues like having NO MONEY or having been outcasted from the rich society, but nop...nobody cares until some episode when they need that to be a problem.
Flag
Staff
If you notice, I said I was NOT an Emily and Jack shipper.
Flag
This author is a Aiden hater. Whether you like it or not there are thousands of Aiden and Aimily lovers! Season 3 is fantastic!
Flag
And whether you like it or not there are thousands of Aiden haters too.
Flag
Dear author , I guess you ship Daniel! That is never going to happen, stop trying to tell the viewers who they should ship!
Flag
Staff
Ummmm.... guess you missed the part where I said I wished him calling off the wedding had stuck ...
Flag
What bothers me is the heading! Why push your opinions on others?
Flag
It's a TV show, not politics. It'll be ok. And so what if she writes about her opinions, are you not doing the same thing in your comments?
Flag
Staff
It's literally my job?
Flag
It's okay Kaitlin, person is trolling. ^
Flag
Please kill off jack and daniel already! They are getting on my nerves!
Flag
I'm ok with they killing off Jack.
Flag
Dear author, ! Let the viewers decide who they want to ships don't write articles deciding for them. From the article, I know you ship Daniel, that is never going to happen
Flag
Dear troll, please learn "the author"'s name.
Flag

Aiden is a repeated role of either Emily’s or Nolan’s.

The role of Aiden in the story is repeated of either Emily or Nolan, as a revenge helper, Aiden’s role repeated of the role of Nolan, as the undercover in the family of Grayson, Aiden’s role is repeated of Emily. Sometimes, Aiden let Nolan irrelevant to the main storyline, and comprised the chemistry and connection between Emily and Nolan. Aiden is an unpredictable plot in the storyline, that is good but out of rail, therefore it would be more intense and interesting if Aiden could really turn back on Emily.

Flag
I actually I like when Aiden working with Emily against Victoria. Go Aiden!!!
Flag
Load More Comments
Follow this Show
Members