A Revenge Community
ABC (ended 2015)

Revenge: S03E12: "Endurance

For an episode titled "Endurance," this one felt a bit like Revenge didn't really have any left. After two mostly strong episodes, the show was all over the place this week. It had its moments—Nolan's striped blazer in the opening scene, for instance—but it was also a bit of a letdown, especially in regards to Emily's renewed interest in exacting revenge on the Graysons and her plan to do it. We knew this would have to happen given the title and premise of the series, but something about it feels off.

For most of the episode, Emily was trapped inside Grayson Manor having been discharged into Victoria's (and Niko's) care. She was discouraged from her revengenda against the Graysons, basically admitting defeat in the wake of her botched attempt to frame Victoria on the yacht. Even Niko—who was revealed to be Takeda's daughter—basically told her to man-up and finish what she started, but Emily still refused. It wasn't until Victoria revealed to Emily that she could no longer have children as a result of her injuries that Emily's thirst for revenge was renewed.

This is an interesting idea, because being unable to have children is devastating. Being unable to carry on your family's legacy is a big deal, especially to someone who doesn't have one. And, at the end of the day, it's another thing Emily can add to the list of things the Graysons have taken from her. But she kind of brought this on herself in a way. It's important to remember that everything that's happened to Emily recently is actually, in some way, a product of her own doing.

Everyone blames the Graysons and shames them for everything they've done to Emily and her family—and they're not wrong—but at some point, we're going to have to stop looking at Emily as an innocent here. Daniel pulled the trigger—and I'm not giving him a pass or saying he was in the right (because I'll get to him in a minute, and also GUN VIOLENCE)—but Emily is far from innocent anymore and I won't just sit by and let her play the pitiful victim. Viewers should not just accept that everything she's doing is right because the Graysons ruined her life. Yes, she's the main character and you're supposed to root for her, but at some point, Emily needs to take responsibility for her own actions. This is a nighttime soap opera, but it hasn't been as scandalous or exciting as it was in Season 1, and the show appears to be attempting to straddle the line between soap and a more respectable drama series. If the writers want the series to be seen as something more, then they need to start asking more questions about Emily's innocence. 

It appeared as if she was beginning to understand the enormity of the consequences of her actions earlier this season when she felt remorse for what she'd done to Father Paul, but that storyline was dropped just as quickly as Conrad's fake Huntington's Disease. I thought perhaps Emily's refusal to continue the revenge-ing might have been the show acknowledging that a bit, but by the end of "Endurance," she was back scheming against them by calling a press conference and naming Lydia as the shooter.

I could go on and on about what kind of message the show is inadvertently sending by having Emily stay with Daniel even though he shot her, but we know why she's doing it and that's not the show's biggest problem. We can't forget that Emily lied to Daniel about carrying his child, and she brought the gun on to the boat. I am not saying Emily was asking for it or that she deserved it, because that's never the case, but she supplied the weapon that would eventually be used to shoot her, and at some point I think the show needs to address the fact that Emily is not an innocent character. If Daniel has gone full-on asshole (and he has), I see no reason why they can't acknowledge that Emily is no better than the men and women she's put in her crosshairs over the course of three seasons.

As for Daniel, I still enjoy his character—perhaps even more now that he has turned on Emily and let his true colors show—but his relationship with Sara is weak and I can't understand the series' attempts to make viewers care. I cheered for women everywhere when Sara initially refused Daniel at the Stowaway, because no one should ever settle for being someone's seconds, but then she took him back the second he told her Emily lied to him about the baby. Sara, girl, you are so much better than this. We barely even know you,  and I know this to be true. Daniel isn't a good guy, and as long as that's the story the writers intend on playing out the rest of this season, that's great, but right now Daniel is still married to Emily and she's is refusing to leave him in order to finish her revengenda, which makes the Daniel/Sara storyline shaky at best.

"Endurance" was very obviously setting up the rest of the season, but because of that, the momentum the series had coming off of "Homecoming" was definitely slowed. The Niko/Aiden stuff at the end felt like it was added at the last minute to add unnecessary drama, Emily is still fairly unlikable because she's learned nothing in the wake of her shooting, and Patrick is a horrible, horrible person because he whacked Nolan over the head to steal Emily's infinity box. There's not really a single person on this series who's entirely likable or entirely good anymore, and it makes it difficult to root for anyone in particular. It looks as if the writers want to make it obvious that Emily is a younger version of Victoria, especially now that she's in a loveless marriage, but while the show seems to have no problem acknowledging that Victoria is a manipulative, evil woman, (and it's all the better for it) they still won't admit the same of Emily, and that's really holding it back.

thekaitling:list:revenge-what-did-you-think-of-endurance/

Previously Aired Episode

AIRED ON 5/10/2015

Season 4 : Episode 23

182 Comments
Comments (181)
Submit
Sort: Latest | Popular
This coming out party of sorts for Daniel was a really good, long overdue event in this show that I really think opens up the show a lot for more opportunities. I really hope they keep Daniel's character on this trajectory.
Also loved that they used "After All Is Said and Done" by Junip in the scene where Daniel enters a mostly empty Stowaway and finds Sara there - that really added a nice backdrop to the scene.
Flag
Think Revenge should be re-titled-Desperate Mental Housewife, aka Emily. Seriously!
Flag
The bold and the beautiful 2.0.
Flag
This show needs to build something positive in the storyline.
This show needs despairingly the positive energy in the whole.
This show needs to build something meaningful for Emily instead of taking everything good away from her life.
Emily is going to be destroyed by her own choice, and so does this show.

The positive, positive energy is very important for any TV show and its rating, please build something meaningful for the main character.
Flag
Just wanted to say to inside edition about a show they put up about helping someone who has been falsely accused of something very wrong. I don't know where else to do. So I was wondering if u guys can help my cousin.,he's been I jail for about 9 years. Thank you so much
Flag
The only thing I liked about that episode was Niko, Stephanie Jacobsen. That's because its always nice having a Viper pilot around.
Flag
I think many viewers' irritation with Emily's over-complicated plans is perhaps affecting the perspective on Emily's culpability vs whoever. Revenge is never a good thing... the show started out with that premise and her father warned of her of such. Nevertheless Emily is not a murderer and is not responsible for the willful and deplorable actions of others.
Flag
I have to say that I completely disagree with this review, even though I understand why miss Kaitlin Thomas feels this way. I'm offering a different perspective :)

I've never believed in Emily being a good person. Maybe she was once upon a time and then decided to give in to darkness and I just LOVE when a character falls deeper and deeper in its own darkside. She could either crack or reach a next level of insanity and it looks like she chose the latter.
Also I'm glad her revenge was renewed with new purpose. In the end Emily will be just a mass of sadness and lost things and she will be mostly her own fault. Just so poetic!

Also, the parallelism between Victoria/Conrad and Emily/Daniel is just brilliant. Emily will enact her revenge only to discover she's become the thing she hated the most (or love? As she said they're not that different...). And of course Daniel is now a real Grayson too.

Patrick is another mess, but I find it logical for him to choose Victoria over some guy. And of course Nolan was one step ahead. Their passion is going darkside too!

Daniel and Sara, I couldn't care less, I'll pretend she was his true love or something, because his obsession with her doesn't make sense. Or maybe it does, if I see Daniel as a person who wants to atone for so many things without giving up his dark roots (I'm loving dark too much, aren't I?)

I liked Niko very much. I would expect Takeda's daughter to be much more japanese though. She's like Patrick, bringing fresh air and dynamics to the show. Also, Aiden's reaction was just typical Aiden, acting impulsively as always when he doesn't get his way (I know he wants Emily to quit the revengenda because he knows how empty she will feel, but really, he should understand more.). I'm already sorry for Niko, being in love with her father's murderer...

Don't know why, I liked Jack. I guess he's at his best when he doesn't try to be an asshole.

Finally, the scene between Victoria, Emily and Daniel was just priceless!
More+
Flag
I agree with the other responders about your take in Emily. She's not supposed to be innocent and I would have been very disappointed if she had stuck with her whole idea ofletting it go. Niko punching her to remind her of what she was there for was great. Emily has gotten of track so ofte of her true purpose, which was to exact revenge.
I am pleasantly intrigued by Conrad and what he is up to. Whatever it is I hope it puts him at odds with Victoria. the show is great when they are trying to one up each other. Also I hope Nolan gets Patrick in true revengenda form.
As for Aiden I actually liked him and Emily together, but since she ended things with him and he ran immediately to Niko although she obviously played him (that entire situation was too easily manipluated by her) I would rather see him get written off of the show then watch the song and dance that is clearly about to ensue. All I ask from Revenge is just to keep me guessing and I don't see that happening with this storyline.
Flag
"There's not really a single person on this series who's entirely likable or entirely good anymore, and it makes it difficult to root for anyone in particular."

NOLAN!!!!!!!!!

i was angry at patrick for what he did to nolan...
Flag
No one is "entirely good" or for that matter "entirely bad", that is what makes us human. I like shows that show both sides of people, the good and the bad. Otherwise they are just one-dimensional and boring. Even Nolan is not entirely good otherwise he would not help Emily with her revenge.
Flag
I think you're way too hung up on this plot point and it's really clouded your judgement on a stellar group of episodes. And not to be "that guy" but I really feel like this wouldn't even be an issue if Emily was a man. I mean, I don't hear a ton of people complaining about the fact Walter White or Tony Soprano or Dexter Morgan weren't inherently good. This show has always worked on the principle that as bad as Emily is, Victoria has always been worse. She's done worse things for much more selfish reasons and is just all-and-all a bad person. Emily has never been the poor innocent and I don't think this show has ever portrayed her that way. When bad things happen to her, she doesn't play victim, she uses it to fuel her revenge.
Flag
Because Dexter and Walter White were good written characters - Emily isnt
Flag
Maybe at first, but I've not felt Victoria's the worst in a long time!
Flag
Amen to this!
Flag
This episode was not what I expected. I think I am in the minority, but I like Emily and Aiden, so that was disappointing. I don't like Daniel/Sara story line, I like Nolan's revenge angle (definitely don't like Patrick) and absolutely love Victoria (of course I dislike her, but she makes this show). I think the "emily can't have children" is a bunch of BS and she will end up pregnant (unexpectedly) and I hope her friendship with Jack takes on a whole new light. All in all, I am intrigued, slightly disappointed, but ready to see what they have in store for the remainder of the season (although the trailer for the next episode doesn't look like one I care to watch). Of course, I will and see what it unfolds...
Flag
I agree with you. She's not suddenly able to not have children. And I don't buy the whole all of a sudden her fertility is super important to her thing either. That's just...distasteful that they (the writers) would use that.
Flag
I don't know, I guess even for the coldest woman a news like that would make her world tremble!
Flag
I have a few words to this reviewer on their narrow scope of this show, in particular on Emily not being innocent.
"My father was an INNOCENT man, Destroyed by powerful people.
The Grayson's are behind this, and they're gonna pay.
I've dedicated my life to avenging his death.
('Eventually somebodies gonna find you out')
And I won't stop until they've all paid the price"
These words have been the first words drummed into our heads at the beginning of each episode this season. It's right there, she's not saying she's innocent but she's fighting back to honour her innocent father. In these first seconds if you showed them to someone who hadn't watched or new anything about this show, they would tell you that Emily doesn't look like your typical hero, she's visually menacing and dark in how she talks.
Nolan is the one to bring up the risks and question her morality and he does that enough that anymore would just destroy his character into just the annoying angel on her shoulder... He has to get his hands dirty to some degree, or he'll just be another Jack type character, yay! :-/ so yea that point you made about her seeming to think herself innocent is just stupid, she doesn't need to say it, we and her know she's a sociopath, tad obvious, but we enjoy following her path towards he goals. This season more so than last. Great episode, I'm glad this exposé has happened to a certain degree. Just enough juice!!
More+
Flag
Yeah exactly, who cares if she's innocent, it's called Revenge!

She already took the best revenge anyone could take on the super wealthy, she took their money, then she gave it back, I can't believe I still watch this crap.
Flag
I don't really know how to feel about this episode. I remember saying "what?" a lot during it. I'm hoping that the dumping of Aiden means that he is gone; however, being that Niko is out to avenge her father's death, I doubt they're going anywhere. In fact, I can see Aiden having to reach out to Emily for help when Niko finds out Aiden killed Taekeda.
Daniel is annoying me quite a bit, and I really hate the Sara storyline. I just can't believe that she is willing to forgive him crippling her (both physically and financially), as well as settling to be the bit on the side.
Daniel is acting like a spoilt child towards Margot and towards Emily. 1. Margot is the editor, she gets final say over the content of the magazine.
2. Emily is keeping you out of jail. At least pretend to be civil, if you value your freedom at all. Take some lessons from your father on how to act in a fake marriage.
Patrick is just the worst thing ever, he is an awful character, and my skin crawls every time him and Vicky have a scene together.
Jack is still a snore, but, oh how I did cheer when he punched Daniel. Oh and look, they remembered he had a son!
Thankfully Nolan continues to be so amazing, and by far and away the best thing in this show. Nolan and his outfits should get their own spin-off when Revenge ends.
More+
Flag
I love everything you said. I did the "what?" thing too, and I didn't even have commercial breaks to compose myself because I watched it on DVR yesterday.

1. I hope Niko ends up killing Aiden, he's just...ugh. I'm so done with him.
2. I hope Daniel bites it too, but not before he finds out the truth. And I REALLY hope Sara finds out the truth about him, hopefully next week. She's pathetic.
3. Grayson Manor needs a little more Conrad to show them how it's done, but I'm afraid Emily didn't do herself any favors where he's concerned (not that she cares...)
4. Ugh. Patrick. Can't wait for Nolan to serve up some revenge of his own.

Also, I want to shout out Emily's closing ensemble for a second - LOVED the "I'm a gold digger" low-cut jumpsuit with the hoop earrings. Girl really does know how to dress the part, even if the part is "high class pretending to be low class trying to be high class."
Flag
What I don't get is why most of you are saying that the show is not going anywhere and how disappointed you are, but still come back to watch it. If we must speak of shows that offer nothing new, well that is the reason I no longer watch Grey's anatomy, NCIS, Hawaii 5-0, Castle, Bones and on and on. Nothing was happening so I stopped watching. Revenge is far better, it needs a lot to be perfect, but still provides some shocking moments. I never even considered Daniel as the shooter and it was surprise for me. And frankly I have no idea how this show is gonna wrap up, cause thou I love Emily and her skimming, she won't have happy ending, especially now that we know that Aiden may not survive the end of the season. I never liked Jack that much, but there is no future there either, he is too nice and Em's has some serious issues to deal with.
The other thing is again Danny boy. Can someone explain to me what is wrong with him. Now I have to put up with Sara too, gosh!!! I just saw the next episode promo and I want to punch them both. What kind of love is that when you bf puts you in a wheelchair, but hay that's not much big of a deal... lets have the cuddles with him... WHATTTTTTT!!! Daniel tried to kill 3 people and he is'n even troubled by that. If we must talk for psychos Danny boy lines up first. He didn't shoot Em's cause she lied, he did It because the ''poor'' Sara got drunk and fell in the bath -______-... I hope and pray to the Almighty screenwriters GOD to have the strength to punish Danny boy the way he couldn't even imagine, especially after he denied Emily right to have children. Emily is not a good person and thank GOD for that, cause if she was... damn these people would have done their best to destroy some else's life. Every single time when Emily wanted out of this, the Grayson's did something even worse, so she would steak around for another try- Victoria lying about how Charlotte was conceived, the fact that they killed her dad, killed Amanda, Declan, and now this. WOW I must be very twisted, but as long at the end I see the demise of this wretched family, I WILL FEEL GOOD ABOUT IT, no remorse!!!
Best part, how naive this family is, still thinking that Emily is a gold-digger. As far as I remember they were broke for enough time, but Em's stayed anyhow. Not very perspective of them. The way she said that she forgives Daniel was amazing, Josh must have felt awkward, cause Van Camp is great at being mean.
More+
Flag
I actually loved this episode and thought it was a very good game changer. Look, Emily is most interesting when she is 100% revenge focused. Ever since s1 she had way to many distractions throught various characters, and I understand that in a way it was done to show that hey she is also human and can and should and wants to be happy...but the writers did not know how to balance it all out because in s1 it was clear who Emily was - revenge focused so much it seemed like she has come to terms with the fact that it is the sole purpose of her life and yeah it might not all go as smooth and as planned but at least it felt like Emily was in control. My problems with the show started in s2 mainly because she was loosing control of the situation and instead of creating drama it felt like a badly written soapy....and ever since then the only reminder about why she was involved in all this was the 10 seconds intro to the episode of 'my father was an innocent man'. Now with this episode, Emily had finally been reminded as to why she is in the Hamptons - to get revenge damn it! And while I think the no children sl is a fake,,,given it was delivered by Victoria of all people AND the fact that in TV land miracles usually appear much more often than in real life, I don't buy the story, but if it fuels Emily's revenge fire against the Graysons and makes her start fighting again, that is actually very fine by me.

Oh and I soo agree about Sara and Daniel...because none of that feels real...not only because Daniel is LYING with pants on fire about NOT shooting Emily to Sara...the acting sucks as well...but that is beside the point. The writers could create a very interesting dynamic between these two now that Daniel sort of knows who Emily 'trully' is....because for a man who fell in love with her so hard as proven by s1 and pining s2..I still call BS when I see him and Sara because its like Daniel being just the guy in need of love but not actually loving the person in return..which I think will end soon because I feel Sara's days are numbered...not as to say Emily will eliminate her but she will get rid of her through Daniel by just outing him as the real crap person.

But what I look most forward to - Nolan revenging against Patrick. Srsly, I think by the end of this show Ems and Nolan are going to be such revenge pros...it will be awesome.
More+
Flag
So now Ems is on par with a guy that's shot 3 people with intent to kill? Assaulted at least two women, drove drunk temporarily crippling some girl leaving her to her own devices then blamed it on his mother, covered up multiple heinous crimes committed by his family, tried to have someone Em loves wrongfully imprisoned to cover his ass, stole her buddy's company and his own father's company... geez what kind of spell does Daniel have folks under? He acts the victim and feigns honor yet he's never really had any!
Flag
Oh how long have I waited to read Daniel isn't a good guy . I also think viewers saw from the start that Emily in order to get her revenge was ready to settle to the level of the Grayson, aside from murder, she only killed in self defense so far which makes her at least partly better than the Graysons.

Danny: attempted murder twice
Victoria: Murder (presumed self defense)
Grayson: domestic terrorist, accomplice to mass murder
Patrick: attempted murder and manslaughter
Charlotte: not really a Grayson and anyone else notice how she wasn't in this episode at all
Flag
Actually Charlotte was in the episode, she allowed Jack to see Emily at Grayson mnaor with Carl, hence the puppy with the walkie talkie in it
Flag
The best part of the episode was Jack punching Daniel.
Flag
Funny how many people defend Emily... I dont understand thatat all. And its no even about Emily or Daniel - this show is just getting worse. It seems like the writers dont have a clue what to do. well I could watch The Bold and the Beautiful now aswell - thats not why I started to watch this show!

Flag
I'm so annoyed with this show lately and suddenly need to rant.
Like I said last week -TEAM EMILY - and now I'll explain why:

Is Emily a bad person? Yes, of course she is. There's no dispute there. But Emily as the villain, or just as bad as the Graysons? No. Not by a long shot.
The Graysons are truly vile human beings. Conrad funded a terrorist group that was responsible for the deaths of hundreds of people. Hundreds. They framed an innocent man for the crime and Conrad later had him killed. They are responsible for the deaths of Declan, Amanda . . . shall I go on? Now in real life I'd never say that someone "deserves" what Emily's done . . . but in TV-land, they deserve every single thing Emily has done to them, and 10 times more. That's why I'll never see Emily as a villain. Maybe it's personal for Emily, but let's not forget that have ruined many lives, and those people deserve justice too.

I hate Victoria. In a love to hate her way, of course.
But Conrad? I just hate him.

As for Daniel, I've never disliked him as much as so many people seemed to. I actually felt kind of sorry for him getting caught up in his parents' sins. But now? Since he shot Emily, I've never gone from 0 to hate so fast for a character, ever. And what he says into Emily in next week's preview? Sick.

That's what is annoying me so much about the show right now. If people need to see Emily in a more morally gray light, then fine. Just let her actually WIN one for a change. What's the point of this show anymore? The Graysons know practically everything now, and they're still continually knocking her down. I've been rooting for this chick for three seasons now, but to me it feels like this is no longer going anywhere satisfying. Badass Emily shot in the gut? By Daniel of all people?! No, this is all wrong. I understand needing to take your hero (or antihero) down a peg, but this is really too much.

It might be hard to tell, but I actually still really enjoy the show, and I'll keep watching, at least this season.
More+
Flag
You are so right, Run4Nova. The Grayson's have deliberately killed many people. Emily has killed no one. While she is not innocent she is not in the same league as the Graysons by any definition.
Flag
you said it wwgdy...its just battle of the bitches...it really has lost its appeal now just another b.s storyline after another...need some thriller and excitement like the 1st season... as much as emily would like to she can not be like victoria...aidan nikko just waste of bloody time then daniel and sarah just boring jack and margoux argh...i think im watching it soley for victoria and conrad back and forth sarcasm...AMUSING...have to admit unlike many fans i do like jack, hoping one day he'llbe able to get through emily/amanda
Flag
“It looks as if the writers want to make it obvious that Emily is a younger version of Victoria, especially now that she's in a loveless marriage, but while the show seems to have no problem acknowledging that Victoria is a manipulative, evil woman, (and it's all the better for it) they still won't admit the same of Emily, and that's really holding it back.”
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Do you really think Emily and Victoria is the same kind of person?
I do not.

Alike or not------EP8
Daniel said in EP8: Emily and my mother are the same person.
Emily said: Daniel and I are nothing like you and Conrad.
Victoria said: we’re more alike than you think.
The show always tries to tell us how Emily and Victoria are similar, or Emily is a young Victoria, but actually, they are nothing alike, they are totally different person.

In nature, Emily is nothing like Victoria.

Apparently, Emily seems to share common features with Victoria, they are smart, elegant, ambitious, manipulative, and sometime cruel. But in nature, they are totally different person.

Emily is more evil than Victoria, and also has more guts than Victoria. Although writers in this show try to described Victoria as an equal rival to Emily, Victoria’s character is not as amazing as writers expect, this character’s storyline is not compelling or juicy enough to attract audiences, many times Victoria seems to be described as a cold, pathetic coward.
In season 3 EP8, Victoria said Emily cares about nothing but money and status, which is exactly applied for herself.

Victoria is kind of person that she has described to Emily------cares about nothing but money and status, she married Conrad just for money and status, just for the Grayson’s name and its fortune, after chasing her desire to be famous and rich, she found out she would never ever love Conrad, then she cheated on her husband, when we thought she was fallen in love with David, she betrayed the man she called true love just because she feared to lose her fortune and status.

Emily would never do that, Emily would never marry someone she doesn’t love, she would never marry someone just for his fortune. Victoria didn’t divorce Conrad because she does not want to lose her fortune and status even she hates Conrad.

If Emily is in same situation of Victoria, she would divorce thousands of times, Emily has a backbone to divorce, she cannot stay with someone she does not love just for money and interests, whereas victoria didn’t have guts to divorce and also couldn’t afford to divorce even she have to skated around with Conrad on ice and razor blades, what a pity coward in her marriage.

Emily would never betray the one she loves. Victoria betrayed the men she called true love in term of self-preservation, and ultimately she set David up and got the man killed for her self-preservation in which she feared to lose her fortune and status.

Is there any possibility that Emily could do the same thing to Jack as Victoria did to David? Never. Emily could never turn back on Jack, even Jack couldn’t see Emily’s heart, couldn’t understand her feelings, even Jack married another woman, even Jack couldn’t love her any more, Emily always puts Jack in the first place and cares about him deeply without a word.

Emily gets lost in her revenge and Victoria never get lost in pursing her self-preservation.

Therefore, Emily and Victoria are totally different person in nature, the latter always did something out of self-preservation in which all she cares about are her fortune, status and herself.

More+
Flag
A lot of what you say is true with one glaring exception: you just said that Emily would never marry someone she doesn't love! But she just did!
Flag
you are right! my mistake
Flag
"I think the show needs to address the fact that Emily is not an innocent character"
-----------------------------------------------------------------------
Hi, kaitlin, I totally doubt your understanding for this show, and I think both showrunner and Emily herself understand Emily is not a good person, is not a traditional hero for justice.

Kaitlin, I know you can understand every leading or supporting characters in the show very well, but except Emily, maybe you really don’t hate Emily, you just cannot understand Emily’s character, so, you should let someone of us point out the wrong part of your review.

Emily's certainly not a good one, that is the real fun in this show, just like Dexter and Walt White in Breaking Bad.
Flag
I think Kaitlin is right. And the big problem is that Dexter (was) and Walter White is a good writen character - Emily isnt at all
Flag
That was fantastic! You all are missing the potential here!! Emily is fully committed now and no more aiden (say it with me..) NO MORE AIDEN!! This is great! Have some faith guys and gals it's all coming to a head soon!
Flag
Totally agree!
Flag
While I was watching this episode I had this "What did I fastforward passed something" feeling a couple of times. It just did have a very smooth flow to it and felt like there was scenes left on the floor somewhere. Now I do totally get that you don't need to have every single thing explained to you like Emily getting the walkie talkie out of the dog, I got it... but there was a couple of not really clear transitions between scenes.
Flag
And what about new, ugly chair?
Flag
Did I loveee this episode? er, no but I did find it enjoyable. It was fun watching Daniel getting all "wtf?!" at Emily's and Victoria's conversation.
I think Emily knows she is no saint she wants revenge and has done lots of things she wish she hadn't done. She has always been a selfcentered character that is what makes her appealing to me at least. The only times she cares is when Nolan or Jack are involved and I think that makes sense she is not supposed to be a heroe she is a woman seeking revenge.
Loved Nolan's jacket
Flag
She cared about Daniel initially, before he decided to cover up what his family did to her father. She even went against Takeda and cleared Daniel of murdering Tyler. She cleared Daniel because he was innocent and she cared about him. she also cares for Charolette and stood by her, even when was committed for attempted suicide. Emily does care about people.
Flag
She cleared Daniel because it was always in her plan to USE Daniel. She does care about her sister however.
Flag
I really really really wanted Victoria to find out that Emily was really Amanda Clarke in the infinity box scene even though I obviously knew it wouldn't happen.
Flag
-Sarah is Daniel season 1. Completely clueless... Hope the bitch dies soon.

-Daniel can't pull the "bad, ruthless, *hole guy"... or maybe is just Josh Bowman's bad acting. So I DONT enjoy his character.

-WTF is up with Niko and Aiden? Either make something good with them or kill them off.

-Im NOT a fan of Jack, but when he was finally being usefull bam! writers make him so "Jack" again.
Flag
I wonder why Conrad lost his mojo. Remember when he was an evil bastard? He was the worst! Now he is just a sidenote. He need to get his groove back, get into shady dealings with mobsters, terrorists, corrupt judges and such. I liked him back then.

Flag
Staff
I thought for a moment that would return these last few episodes, but he was relegated to the sidelines this week. I hope that's rectified, because it was awesome.
Flag
I was so sad, Kait - he might come back and be Big Bad Evil Conrad again! I'm hoping, so so hoping...
Flag
Staff
That argument he had with Daniel last week was great. I want more of that!
Flag
thats what I mean - Im not scared of him anymore - so she could just go to the police or press... he seems like a tiny sausage now he wont stop her ( haha )
Flag
Oh and I hate the new chair Victoria sits in. The old one was much more interesting. I miss it.
Flag
I loved this episode, specially the last scene, wich pretty much defines how the rest of the season will unfold... Vicky will play Madamme du Barry to Ems Marie Antoinette, Grayson Manor, their Chateau de Versailles. It will be interesting to see if Emily will rise to power and sit in the *new* throne, just to lose her head afterwards. As for Daniel, I would have him killed in a car accident, in which Sara has her spine crushed again, just for the lols of it.
Flag
Probably more of a twist than the writers have planned.
Flag
So cynical. I love it
Flag
"Emily is still fairly unlikable because she's learned nothing in the wake of her shooting"

previously on Revenge ...

Emily: "You know the hardest part about losing my memories was having to relive them as they came back; so much pain."

I can't take these reviews seriously anymore. You love for Daniel and your hatred for Emily makes zero sense to me. Emily is not innocent and the show is not treating her like one. If anything they are treating Daniel like a saint, since there are never any repercussions for all the horrible things that he's done.

Emily is unable to bear any children - "Emily had it coming" ...

Daniel is once again off the hook for attempted murder - "I still like Daniel" ...

*le sigh*

Sorry, don't take this the wrong way, I don't hate you or anything Kaitlyn but I can't bear the hypocrisy in these reviews anymore.

*bitch mode activated is now off*
Flag
Staff
Liking Emily and disliking the Graysons is hypocritical, is it not? They're all HORRIBLE people, but for some reason people act as if Emily is entitled to all of this. She's not. There's not a single innocent character on this series, and the series refuses to acknowledge that its main character is as wholly unlikable as the people she's fighting against.
Flag
I like Emily and cheer her on every dirty deed, however I think everyone is aware the path she has taken to exact her revenge puts her on the same playing field as the Graysons. I remember reading somewhere the writers have a definite plan, where by series end Victoria & Emily can face each other as equals & fully realize the bodies between them. Emily is not innocent & just as responsible for her fate." He who seeks vengeance must dig two graves one for his enemy & one for himself". I think that is the endgame for Emily, & she's finally seeing that truth. There is no happy ending for her on this journey.
Flag
I guess you missed my entire point. (and went on insulting me just because I disagree with you)

Emily did show remorse - "the hardest part about losing my memories was having to relive them as they came back; so much pain". Saying she learned absolutely nothing from getting shot is ridiculously hypocritical of you.

I don't understand why do you have to demonize Emily in every single review warranted or not.

There were times where I also hate Emily, they are times where I like her, so of course I would comment on that. I can see the good and I can see the bad in Emily. You don't. No matter what she does, even when she shows kindness and regret, you demonize her. You always paint her in a negative light.

Daniel on the other hand, he's all bad. He's shot 3 people now and he has shown absolutely NO REMORSE. In the promo of the next week's episode he tells Emily and I quote "Sterilizing you is my gift to the world" ... He's turning into a full blown sociopath ...

You can like Daniel all you like, all I was saying that your opinion and the review makes no sense to me. (as I can find no redeeming qualities in Daniel whatsoever and you've given us no valid reasons for liking Daniel either)

p.s. I have nothing personal against you, I've even enjoyed reading the Season 3 premiere review written by you (you can go back and check) but this constant bashing of Emily's character is unwarranted and unjustified.
More +
Flag
I have to say that I love Kaitlins reviews. I always read more than one review and there are a lot of people who think this mess is awesome ( its not) so thank god someone says what I think.
In the end of the day we dont need to talk about Daniel or Emily and who is worse, cause basically the writers are doing a bad job. Daniel shot 3 people - yeah but not because his character is so evil - no because the writers dont really have a good plan
Flag
Staff
I think we took the quote "The hardest part about losing my memories was having to relive them as they came back; so much pain" differently. I didn't take that as her knowing remorse. I took it as a general statement about her life in general.
Flag
he hardest part about losing my memories was having to relive them as they came back; so much pain" was about her dad and all the bad stuff that happened to her - for sure, not oooh it was horrible cause I did bad things!
Flag
kaitlin I think you need to take rghuman comment and run with it, I mean really your reviews are on point but this one isn't even a review its half & also Daniel is as much a villain as is Emily but since the beginning we have known that She is someone we are meant to both root for and hate. she has known remorse but again she CANT stop and be sorry for herself because of things she's done obviously that's the shows point things you do in order to get revenge are going to COST YOU the most, so you will lose along with the people your getting back at therefore I don't think Emily is getting or deserves a happy ending because when she is done with the revenge everything IS going to catch up with her. also Sara is a spineless girl & weak girl because seriously he almost killed her then he's like sorry and she says okay lets go be together then SHE apologizes to him because she was starting to make plans to jump off the s.s. Daniel sinking ship. & when you say what is the message the show is sending uhm that Emily will stop at nothing to get her revenge even if it means destroying herself in the processes and YES she should of left him buht then again shouldn't have Victoria left Conrad along time ago at the end of the day 2 wrongs don't make a right and I've always said that Daniel was going to keep Emily as the face and Sara as the mistress I don't like Daniel buht I have to give him props for basically giving Emily a big f** u by keeping the marriage and having his mistress under her nose.
More +
Flag
Alright, I can respect that. I sensed regret in her voice. (but that's just me)
Flag
I mean Carl's pretty innocent but yeah...Did anyone else notice how cute that baby is for real though?
Flag
I agree, Emily's not unlike the Graysons, actually she is one. But then, I like Emily by being an ruthless antihero, just like I liked Dexter and Walt White in Breaking Bad.
Flag
Agreed! Emily's certainly not a good one, that is the real fun in this show, just like Dexter and Walt White in Breaking Bad.
Flag
Totally agree, we all know Emily is not the sweet innocent but we cheer for her all the same. I'm not sure where the Reviewer is coming from when she insists that the show portrays Emily as innocent, I don't think anyone is pretending Emily is innocent. She is out for revenge at any cost, even to herself. Point to note though, Emily has not killed anyone yet. The Grayson's have and Daniel has certainly tried, he is just not a good shot!
Flag
but Walter White and Dexter were good characters ( well Dexter wasnt in the end) - Emily is writen well
Flag
Agreed! Kaitlin i dont hate you or anything either, but i feel you miss the point of the show. I dont even think we are watching the same show! Of course Emily is no better, that is why her biggest enemy is Victoria, another villain we cherish and root for. You say you worry about the message it sends? Really? A show called Revenge, in wich the sole purpose of all the characters is to destroy eachother and never let go of the past? After Conrad tried to murder both his wife and mistress in a plane explotion, and have his daughter commited, just to be forgiven by all? And when the main storylines rely on cold bloded murders to push the story forward? Now you worry about the message it sends?. What show are you recaping bb? If you really must do this because it is your job, just try to enjoy it. Dont be such a killjoy.
Flag
Staff
I enjoyed the hell out of last week or did you happen to not read that review?
Flag
I did read that review but one positive review out of about 13 negatives so far this season hardly shows that you enjoy the show.
Flag
Staff
I'll enjoy the show a lot more when it starts performing up to the standards it set in Season 1. And not liking an episode doesn't mean I don't enjoy the show or that I hate it. That's not the same thing.
Flag
Its like a hate love thing
Flag
They must have missed that one.
Flag
On your last sentence about how they won't acknowledge that Emily is as "evil" as Victoria, didn't they kind of do that in the very last scene? I completely understand the Graysons only partially know what Emily is really up to, but isn't Emily telling Daniel and Victoria to their face that she "loves Daniel and the lifestyle", and forcing them to go along, a Victoria level of vindictive? I would think so. Anyway, I don't care how unlikable of a character Emily is or how everything in a roundabout way is her fault, I'll still root for her in nearly every situation, just as I support the show in every reason. Do you have to suspend belief to enjoy it? Yes. Does it get a little ridiculous at times? Sure. But why do people want to watch a show that has a "reality" component to it? It's 60 minutes of mindless entertainment on a Sunday night that lets you unwind and delve into the lives of people whose lives are far more complicated than yours. So stop bickering and just enjoy what it has to offer. Anyway... I'm still in the minority of liking Aiden, and I think that scene where she pushes him away and "breaks up with him" was just her reeling that she promised him this life of children and happiness and can no longer provide that for him. And I liked what the reviewer said for Emily's situation, about how not being able to bear children is devastating. And I sympathize with Emily's character for that, even if I shouldn't. Now onto Daniel, I tolerated him in Season 1 and completely jumped that ship in Season 2, so anything he does is wrong in my eyes pretty much. But a darker Daniel that knows about, and pushes, a sociopathic Emily violently on a bed should be fun to watch. Oh and I'm calling it right now that Daniel and/or Aiden will be dead by season's end. So that should resolve a lot of conflict for people's dislike of those characters. And back to Aiden now, it's almost a given that Niko will find out he killed her father and do something about it, so that will be interesting to watch as well. And the whole situation with Patrick will be fun. I think everyone that watches the show agrees that they love Nolan, so that's good. And I think with that everyone will enjoy seeing Nolan take down Patrick and Victoria, so there you go people. See what happens when you think of things to look forward to in future episodes? The power of positive thinking, people.
More+
Flag
"As for Daniel, I still enjoy his character..."

Flag
Staff
His doucheyness has made him 10x more interesting!
Flag
That's ridiculous. Evil Daniel is the same as stupid Daniel. A lame puppy chasing after his mothers' tale.
Flag
I see this episode as a restart of the series.
Emily has a new reason to extract Revenge on the Graysons.
And Daniel turning totally evil - not just the shooting of Emily but all the lies that followed - works for the show. I never felt comfortable with the Emily/Daniel relationship when he was seen as a victim. Now he is no longer a victim. Daniel is a legit target for revenge.
I understand that Emily is not entirely innocent but the Grayson's murdered her father as well as a plane load of people. I think that gives her plenty of leeway to do whatever she wants...

Flag
Staff
No, actually it doesn't. No one gets to have "leeway" to ruin people's lives because of something someone did to them, even if it was something as extreme as murdering their father and a plane full of innocent people. The Graysons deserve to pay for what they did, but Emily doesn't just get to do what she wants either because of it. She's broken how many laws and hurt how many people in this thirst for blood? So no, she doesn't get to just do whatever she wants. She's not any better than the Graysons at this point.
Flag
Kaitlin,
In the REAL world morality and right/wrong are just a little different that on a TV show. Using your point of view I think we could accuse just about every show on TV of taking liberties with how we should act in the REAL world.
I have no problem separating the two realities.
Flag
This show is an ABC TV drama. IT goes without saying that it will be unrealistic and people watch it for mindless entertainment and for its ridiculousness. Remember Desperate Housewives. It was as unrealistic as Revenge but equally entertaining. Not sure why you are always hating on this show in your reviews. If you prefer more "realistic' shows you should not watch network TV. You should try cable or shows like The American, which are more about character development rather than mindless entertainment. I love how ridiculous revenge is and people who are writing the reviews need to actually like the genre that this show belongs to.
The show acknowledges that Emily is no better than the Graysons all the time. Nolan has pointed that out out loud and so has Jack, which should make it clear to even oblivious people who choose to believe that the show is making Emily seem like an innocent . As a viewer I KNOW she is not innocent, but the viewers love her nonetheless. Moreover, the subtleties point that out as well. Please stop hating on this show. It's meant for pure entertainment. Name of the series is Revenge, like people pointed out.
More +
Flag
I dont love her anymore - if she would die tomorrow I wouldnt care. This show turned into the bald and the beautiful
Flag
Thank you, it's like you were in my head and knew I couldn't translate my thoughts into words. Perfect summary.
Flag
Daniel and Sara ain't gonna make it. He lied to her about shooting Emily, she's going to find out and be horrified and run away again.

I actually used to feel sorry for Daniel back in previous seasons because he's always looked like the idiot for not knowing what was going on..now not so much. He just seems like the entitled rich jackass that his stereotype was based on.

He shoots her and has the nerve to be mad at her for saving him? That's just Victoria and Conrad's spawn through and through. What's up with Niko playing both sides? She's lying to Aidan and lying to Emily....she's another one who's gonna blow her top once she finds out Aidan killed her dad.

Poor Nolan. He is by far my most fave character. That's all I can say about him. Was it just me or did the chick Conrad was meeting at the end look like dead Padma?
Flag
"no one should ever settle for being someone's seconds"

That's not what she's doing. She was clearly his first choice. Daniel wanted to dump Emily for Sara, but thought that this would be bad for his child. So he made a sacrifice. The only thing that Sara can be legitimately upset about is that he was so stupid.

I don't have a problem with Daniel/Sara. I don't find it significantly worse (as a part of the story) than any of the other relationships we've seen on the show.
Flag
Staff
She WAS his first choice, and he DID do the right thing by choosing Emily when he thought she was pregnant, but it should matter to her that Emily was just SHOT and Daniel's like PEACE OUT, WE CAN BE TOGETHER NOW!
Flag
I don't think marrying the wrong person just because she's pregnant is ever the right thing, but yes, she should be concerned about the shooting.
Flag
And that tidbit of that he hasn't actually told her that HE'S the one who shot his wife. Actually he full out lied to her about that. Being with someone that gun-happy is definitely a deal-breaker for me at least.
Flag
Yeah.. Im a bit over it.
1) I dont care about how realistic stuff on TV is, but this is soo over the top ( Emily with two holes in her belly climbes on a boat in the ocean and doesnt drown? )
2) maaaassive problems with the characters! I think the writers just wanna be really deep and say look no one is just good or bad, but they are doing it in such a bad bad way. Like Victoria. There were moments where I really felt sorry for her. She is a bitch but she showed feelings. Its just not right to show her telling Emily she cant have babies anymore and be happy about it - over the top! And dont even get me started on Daniel. I know Josh wanted to be evil now, but come on whats this crab???? And how should I root for him and Sarah now ( and I did a few episodes before) when he suddenly becomes a bastard? I mean when Emily said I know u shot me.. he didnt even give a shit. I mean okay boy youre angry but she knows u SHOT her and she cant have babies anymore.. no little sorry or anything?? And suddenly he is like his dad. I turn myself in - no we blame Lydia - hm..okay why not.. wow
And Emily haha I laugh at her. She is stupid, sorry but she is sitting in this house to do some crab Revenge and doesnt realize that she destroyed so many lives and her own!! wow you go girl I would love to be you NOT. Actually with everyday she tries to do whatever she is trying to do - the Graysons win
3) Aiden - look I know a lot of people didnt like him but I really liked the fact that he is pretty much the only one who told Emily that she should stop this Revenge and live her life and suddenly she doesnt want him anymore?
4) the story...come on nothing changed, Okay Daniel and Emily are Vicky and Conrad 2.0. now, fair enough, but the rest is exactly the same - And Mrs Thorne thinks she is so innocent its ridiculous. In the end she just wants Jack anyway ( who kissed her memory back hahaha). I really hoped she is over it aswell but nooo (and lets be honest the problem here is, that there are like 15 episodes left no way this would go this direction now)
And the BIGGEST problem is: Who cares if they find out. Nothing will be awesome about it. I always liked the thought of Vicky finding out the truth because she would have problems with dealing with it because she loved Emilys dad and because she regrets it - but now? She wouldnt give a shit ( she doesnt care about anything anymore she is just mean now... what a character) and Daniel? Well he is just mean now aswell... and well Nolan, Jack and Aiden know it... so the only person left who will be troubled is Charlotte and who cares anymore cause she is a mean/nice 180° turn around every 2 episodes aswell....Oh and Conrad- just mean aswell.
1 Season I understood Emily I was scared of the Graysons they were so fast and powerful, but now? god just go to the police or the press?? its so easy
More+
Flag
"I mean when Emily said I know u shot me.. he didnt even give a shit."
-------------------------------------------
hahaha, that part was amazing to be honest, I loved the closing scene :D

Daniel has always been a bastard though, it's not like it's surprise or out of character for him to feel apathetic ... ^

He has no regrets for shooting Aiden or Tyler now does he?

"And Emily haha I laugh at her."
--------------------
We all do my friend, we all do. She's always been stupid, the writers are really screwing up everything tbh ...

"the story...come on nothing changed"

Well, yes ... were you expecting any different? Season 3 is a just a recycled crap fest from Season 1 except that there are no real repercussions. Daniel is treated like saint, Emily is a dumbass, Victoria is still a bitch, Conrad is just there to have sex with Lydia, and Charlotte exists for the sole reason to irritate us ... lmao

this show. <
Flag
I know but I was always hoping ;) Well Daniel okay he was always a bit of an idiot (since the end of season 1 - still dissapointed in that ) but thats such a big turn its too much too fast.

I think no one cared about Tyler being shot =)
Flag
aaah and OMG how horrible is the preview for the next episode???? ohhhhh so horrible. Sarah suddenly loves Daniel all over again and doesnt care about Emily anymore because he told her some story. We dont know Sarah well but thats so out of character. And Daniel and Emily do a psycho war now and hate each other? SO OVER THE TOP - I might just read the review but not watch it.. did I say its horrible yet?
Flag
I know right! Next episode looks horrible! I can think of "La Madrastra" level of evil, with Sara looking so proud to be the mistress, and Daniel beating Emily. I hope they turn that storyline soon, and we can get some retribution in the name of ninja blondes everywhere.
Flag
forgett_menot lmao! was i high when i wrote this?! spanish is my native language xD! so embarrassing hahahaa! you're right. maybe i didn't understand what maya said? i understood it to mean "mistress" level of evil. because what would step mom have anything to do with it? im so dense hahaha D:
Flag
madrastra is mother in law... perhaps you meant amante? lol
Flag
la madrasta means step mom
Flag
Someone should just kill Aiden and Patrick.

We always knew Daniel was a bastard - do you remember how he reacted when he found out that his parents framed David Clarke?

Emily living with openly hostile Daniel will be interesting.

Since Emily can't have children - I see the show ending with Jack and Emily raising Faux Amanada's son together,
Flag
Agree. The sooner the better with Aiden and Patrick.
Emily and Jack together at the finale should be how it wraps up.

Flag
Is Jack becoming awesome now?
Flag
No. As boring as usual.
Flag
Here's the thing with Emily...I get the revenge part for Conrad and Victoria, but why did Emily involve their children ie Daniel and his sister whose name I always fail to remember because she's made a none impression on me; to me that's when Emily lost all "pitiful victim" rights. And the Daniel we see, is actually the Daniel Emily created. As I've said in post before the best sentence for Daniel and Emily is to be stuck eternally together and I'll add, I hope their force to live in the mansion with brooding Victoria and sneaky Conrad.
Flag
Daniel was never innocent. Remember the drunk driving accident with Sara..
An openly evil Daniel is so much more interesting than the boring Daniel we have seen so far.

Flag
Kaitlin my mom would LOVE you for this review lol she watches the show too and always makes sure I know how Emily is still just as bad as the people she's out to get revenge on. I swear the review is basically word for word when she told me yesterday how Emily brought all of this on herself lol which is pretty crazy and cool at the same time.

I also agree with you guys though! It's hard to find anyone truly likable on this show anymore tbh. I mean I never really liked Patrick from the beginning honestly. I tolerated him, but I'm not buying the "epic romance" these two were supposed to have. Nolan had more chemistry with Padma and Tyler IMO. And that also connects back to what you were saying about what the show is inadvertently telling its audience when it comes to Emily staying with Daniel after he shot her. The same goes for Nolan. If he and Patrick reconcile after this, then I'm going to be so annoyed honestly. I get that Nolan just wants to be loved, but he can do so much better than these crazy ass people around him.

And don't even get me started on Aiden! I mean geez I was never fond of the dude, but he's a total dick now! Leaving Niko without ever really planning on coming back to get her like he said for Emily, and now going back to her even though he killed her dad! I hope Niko finds out and kills him in the end. I must admit that this storyline seems pretty soapish to me but I kind of like it, although it killed any tolerable feelings I had for Aiden.

But I definitely agree, the episode had its moments, but felt kind of off to me. I thought it was because I was reeling from the fact that I heard Tatiana and Lupita didn't win their Golden Globes, and I was pretty pissed lol but I guess it wasn't just me! Can't wait for your next review!
More+
Flag
I was pretty upset too that Lupita and Tatiana did not win their well deserved awards .
Flag
I though the last scene was really powerful! A new side of Emily! very Visctoriaish....and basing on the promo of next weeks ep a new side of Daniel....And no more Aiden and even Patrick please....

(Yay! for that Jack to Daniel punch!!)
Flag
Agreed. The closing scene was beautifully done, everything else ... not so much.
Flag
At long last:
Emily dumped Aiden,Emily dumped Aiden,Emily dumped Aiden,Emily dumped Aiden,Emily dumped Aiden,Emily dumped Aiden,Emily dumped Aiden,Emily dumped Aiden,Emily dumped Aiden,Emily dumped Aiden!!!
>Ps: Daniel's officially a douche BTW
Flag
History sure does repeat itself!Hello newly wed Victoria and conrad .and they really should get rid of aiden he has more than over stayed his welcome and he cant even act!!!
Flag
I think history repeating itself is brilliant!
Flag
It sounds like I'm the only one…but I thought this episode was brilliant. Nolan's genius;Emily finally getting the upper-hand; getting rid of Aiden, possible alliances formed with Niko and Conrad…
YES! This is what I have been waiting for REVENGE!
Keep it coming and remember: Everyone is TIRED of seeing Emily "lose"…it's time for her to keep "winning."
Flag
We are used to huge amount unreal stuff in Revenge,but those kids stuff are really annoying, I mean one day Emily wants to escape with Aiden ''Just want to be with you" and on the next one she's like we're breaking up for no reason, where is the sense,only the writers know...
Flag
I wonder if Niko already knows that Aiden killed her father.
If so, just kill Aiden and return to a sauna in Japan.
Flag
I think she already does. I'm thinking she's performing a takedown of Aiden by destroying the woman he loves (Emily) and toying with his emotions (making him fall for her again).
Flag
I think she thinks Emily killed her father. In the hospital she was going to inject something into to emily's line but got interrupted at first I thought she was crazy and extremely jealous because of Aiden but it makes more sense if she think emily killed her father.
Flag
Good one, I agree. (Though I only thought about it because of this comment.)
Flag
But she has to wonder why Emily would do that to Takeda. Plus, she did seem extremely crazy and jealous of Emily (I saw her punching Emily as partly that reason and to remind her that the Grayson hurt her.)
Flag
Well the Graysons would still need punishment... they supposedly put a lot of this in motion. Sure I'd want the assassin that killed my father punished, but also the people that hired the assassin and set him up to be in that position in the first place.

Though I wouldn't be surprised if her father turns out to be alive or somehow more secretly involved than we were led to believe.
Flag
Her father was Takeda, Emily and Aiden's mentor. He tried to kill Aiden in a swordfight, but Aiden got the upper hand at the last minute and killed him instead.

I got the feeling that Niko already resented Emily's relationship with Takeda, and that she was the love of Aiden's life. Finding out that Aiden killed her dad will really send her over the edge, and she will go after Emily in revenge.
Flag
OH sorry I hadn't seen the episode. I thought the grandparent meant "Gasp! Niko revealed that it was actually Aiden that killed David Clarke" and that Emily should just kill him and move on with her life.

I'm kind of growing tired with the show so I'm just going to read the recaps until the season finale. But since I've followed it this long I still like to chime in.
Flag
This episode was a clear proof that the shows is just stalling.Instead of changing the game, the writers decided to keep repeating the same stories from the last two seasons.
Flag
I stopped watching in the middle of last week's episode. Season 1 was amazing. Season 2 was scattered.

Now... I don't know if it's because it lost the momentum of the first season or what... but it's just not doing it for me anymore. I'll still read the recaps though to see what's going on since that only takes a couple minutes. And I'll watch the last few episodes of the show to see how it wraps up.
Flag
In fact. Victoria needs to find out who Emily is. It would be the best twist that this show needs to survive to an exciting fourth season.
Flag
The problem with that is in a real world it would make Victoria too powerful. It would be the Omega bomb to end Emily's actions. She just has to leak it to the press that Emily is really Amanda and it's game over. Not a thing else, just a leak.

The rest of the world and press would just blame Emily / Amanda for whatever bad stuff they thought the Graysons did in the last X years whether or not it really was Emily. The press would practically vindicate the Graysons in all media.

Whatever bad-press they've received over the last X years would be blamed on Emily. Whatever Emily would try to prove would be taken as the ramblings of a mad woman. Annulment for the marriage would be quite easy and not costly. Various deaths and such would be pinned on her, whether or not she was involved. etc. Emily would be the ultimate scape goat.

Granted, most of the crud that's happened in the last X years IS the fault of Emily... but it would clear the Graysons of just about all other wrong doing that was legitimately their fault.
More +
Flag
Load More Comments
Follow this Show
Members