We're moving Forums to the Community pages. Click here for more information and updates.

A Revenge Community
ABC (ended 2015)

Revenge S03E11: "Homecoming"

I'd like to begin this review with a moment of silence for a dearly beloved Revenge character who passed away during last night's very sudsy "Homecoming." He wasn't very talkative, but he was a staple around Grayson Manor. Seen in nearly every episode, he was as much a part of the Revenge family as Conrad or Victoria.

R.I.P., Queen V's Throne.

Lydia, in a true fit of bitchiness, dumped red wine on the poor chair after having the audacity to call it uncomfortable. How very Lydia of you, Lyds. (If anyone has a .GIF of that moment, I'd be eternally grateful.) 

But let's revisit that scene a bit later and chat about the rest of "Homecoming" first, because—and I know this might shock you—I liked it. Oh yeah, I rolled my eyes several times during the episode, like when Emily was bleeding out on the boat and told Aiden she just wanted to run away with him instead of getting medical care for the two gunshot wounds in her abdomen, but those soapy moments are to be expected with dramas like Revenge. The show's been a little too ridiculous lately (see: fake baby), but I think "Homecoming" managed those melodramatic moments well. In an episode that was almost solely focused on Emily's amnesia, it would've been fairly easy for the series to completely devolve into some sort of Days of Our Lives version of itself, but the episode played its cards fairly well. 

Building off the momentum of "Exodus," this episode picked up almost immediately where we left off before the holidays. Emily was dying in the water, Jack and Aiden were frantically attempting to find out what'd happened, the Graysons were being shuffled around the police station like they lived there—because let's face it, they probably should all have private cells by now—and then there was poor, sweet, baby Nolan who thought everything had gone according to plan when he saw the news report that Emily was missing. Raise your hand if you just wanted to reach through the TV and pull him into a tight hug because he didn't know what really happened on the yacht. I know I did. 

The Nolan and Emily dynamic is still the beating heart of Revenge. Even when everything else is flailing in the water, their friendship keeps it tethered. Even when I was bitching about the writers reaching to make storylines connect in the first half of the season, their relationship kept me sane and reminded me why it is I enjoy this show so much in the first place. Because there's a true love, respect, and understanding that flows from their friendship. Emily is so often cold and calculating that it's sometimes hard to like her and see good in her. But then you see her relationship with Nolan and you're reminded that the emotional heart and soul still beats. While Jack and Aiden were running around this week, Nolan was getting shit done. He stormed over to the hospital like he owned it (and he did pay for half of it, so he kind of does), and when they wouldn't let him see her, he left a cell phone behind to make a mobile hot spot so he could hack into the hospital's system and find out what was going on. Yay technology, but also yay Nolan!

Fans are always going on and on about shipping Emily with one of the several men in her life, but the only real man in her life is Nolan. Jack, Aiden, and Daniel could all fall off a cliff and while the show would maybe suffer a few setbacks, I don't think I'd even care at this point. Because Nolan's the one person who hasn't let Emily down throughout the course of three seasons. He's one of the only non-expendable characters on this show anymore. Emily and Nolan rely on each other when they're in need, and I don't know that there will ever be another person as important to Nolan as Emily. "Emily is my family," Nolan told Victoria in the hospital, and I think if the situation were reversed, Emily would say the same thing about him. 

That being said, I realized during the hiatus, and even more so as I watched the events of "Homecoming" unfold, it is highly unlikely that either of their characters will ever get a happy ending. Emily is destined to fight this battle against the Graysons, but even after it's over, and even if she wins, what will she have left? Her plan to frame Victoria failed, but even if it hadn't, she still would have had to walk away from everything she knew. She would have run away with Aiden, but she'd never have been able to go home again. She'd never have seen Nolan again. She'd never have seen Charlotte, the only blood family she had left. All of those things would have had to disappear along with the Emily Thorne identity. And while the show almost has to end with Emily finally exacting her revenge, I don't think it's possible that she'll ever be truly happy. 

Her relationship with Jack might not be as strained as it once was, but it is highly unlikely that the two of them will ever get their fairytale romance. Obviously, Daniel is over Emily's shenanigans and hasn't been a true love interest since the middle of Season 1, and Aiden, well ... just what the hell is up with Aiden anyway? He claims to love Emily, he claims that everything he does is basically to aid her and be with her, but—and we all know my feelings on Aiden, so I won't rehash them now—who the hell is Niko? And what has she been pumping into Emily's system? She was interrupted before she could inject her again, and now Emily is slowly regaining her memories. Was Niko responsible for Emily's short-term amnesia? Don't get me wrong, I am beyond thrilled that we didn't have to sit through several episodes of Emily not knowing who she was (the amnesia was was clearly just a plot contrivance for Emily to let her parentage slip to Charlotte), but I don't think we can just take this at face value. Niko is up to something, and I don't want to accuse anyone of anything here, but homegirl is shady.

She healed Aiden after he was shot by Daniel at the end of Season 2, but there's obviously something deeper there than just a doctor/patient relationship. If their conversation wasn't already suspicious, that kiss she planted on him was enough to make everyone sit up and go, "Wait a freaking second here, sir!" Is she a past lover of Aiden's who wants him back? Is she just really friendly and doesn't understand personal boundaries? Either way, Aiden's no longer the shiny best boyfriend ever that some people want him to be (though he's never been exactly trustworthy, if you ask me). You just can't trust a man like Aiden. He's too mysterious, and you never know if what you're seeing is real. You never know if he's got an ulterior motive and that's what makes him dangerous. And the same can be said about Patrick.

Every single relationship Nolan has had since the first season has failed for one reason or another, and it seems his fling with Patrick will fare no better. As fun as their dynamic has been, Patrick cannot be trusted. He's always holding something back, and now he's gone and told Victoria about Nolan's safe and its contents, and while my heart broke a bit for Nolan in that moment, this is exciting. We've been waiting all season for Victoria to regain the upperhand (or at least I have), and it seems she's well on her way. Discovering and then confirming that Emily lied about being pregnant to trap Daniel into marriage was just the tip of the iceberg, but it also started a chain reaction inside Victoria. Something woke up inside her in that moment. Her suspicions were validated and the icy queen of the Hamptons is now making an attempt to reclaim her life, her son, and her bite. 

And speaking of Daniel, thank God he already told Victoria the truth about shooting Emily. I would have smashed something if we'd have had to sit through several episodes of Daniel looking moderately constipated while stewing in his own guilt/grief/whatever. I don't want to jinx anything here, but if the series continues to travel at this speed, I think Revenge will only continue to get better. It's built some great momentum with "Exodus" and "Homecoming," but it was stuck in a rut for several weeks as the episodes moved at a snail's pace. Now that the wedding has come and gone, the series is heading in a new direction, and it feels like it's had new life breathed in to it. Daniel is hard and unforgiving in the wake of the shooting, and while I'd argue that this seems out of character for him, he's also just had a blindfold removed and is seeing things clearly for the first time. It's also made him more exciting to watch, so I am going to allow it. Conrad is finally feeling real emotions at having to betray someone he loves (Lydia) in order to protect his son, and Charlotte is now suspicious of Emily as the latter let it slip that David Clarke is her father. All of the puzzle pieces are finally coming together for Revenge and while I think the series still has a ways to go before it's safe to say it's back on par with Season 1, it's definitely making strides to pick itself up and get going on the right path again.

NOTES

– LOLOLOLOLOL at Emily's reaction to Aiden in the hospital room. Amnesia Emily is my spirit animal. GTFO, Aiden!

– Lydia took off and is now the prime suspect in Emily's shooting. This is kind of sad, because I've been enjoying her antagonistic relationship with Victoria. 

– When do you think Charlotte will discover that Emily is actually Amanda? My money is on the end of the season.

– I'm really, really excited to see this new Daniel. He's so cold and chilling. He's becoming a real Grayson now. 

– I cannot deny Nolan's sassy red pants. They are very clearly the winner of everything this week. 

– What did you think of "Homecoming"?

thekaitling:list:revenge-what-did-you-think-about-homecoming/

Previously Aired Episode

AIRED ON 5/10/2015

Season 4 : Episode 23

209 Comments
Comments (209)
Submit
Sort: Latest | Popular
This show was already fairly soapy, but season 3 has been painful. I was surprised that I was disappointed when, of course, Emily was alive. At that point I realized how mishandled her character has been this season. Her hated for Daniel leading up to the wedding when she is the one being deceitful and her failure to take accountability for her part in contributing to the Priest's death are low points for the character.

Emily's coldness was endearing when we were reminded of her youth and vulnerability. Her genuine affection for Jack and dynamic with Nolan saved her character. This season she's be entirely focused on the mission and has systematically treated each character on the show poorly.

Inevitably Daniel will be prevented somehow from coming clean, like how Victoria's plane went down and Conrad's car was crashed. The Bond villain approach of sharing well-intentioned plans with people that would surely object with plenty of time for someone to interject is tiresome.

I've enjoyed the show from it's premiere but I feel the show runners would be best served if they knew there was only one or two more seasons so they can reign things in. Jack and Emily will have their fairy tale ending. Aiden has already shown his duplicitous side. Daniel is free from Emily and his old flame is alive, so they have a fair shot of getting together and then out. But the show reeks of thinking of a new way to include a new story arc to extend the number of episodes and they'll name drop a character two episodes before they reappear (Conrad saying rest in peace about Lydia, Victoria saying that even Sarah was better than Emily before her return) is getting old fast.
More+
Flag
I actually loved this episode, things got resolved pretty fast, especially this stupidy with amnesia.

lol at disney "true love kiss" moment for bringing back memories, it was so predictable and another soap cliché... I guess writers want Emily and Jack back together (and they put Niko out of nowhere for Aiden; btw, I'm also on "GTFO Aiden" team).

I'm sorry Lydia's gone, but I'm sure she'll be back by the end of season or next season or smth.

and the saddest and the most shocking moment of the episode: RIP Queen V's Throne :((
Flag
I'm not suprised with fact that Josh Bowman asked producers to pull out Daniel from this show,I mean what the hell they've made with Daniel's character,this is terrible ...
Flag
They probably should've killed him off in season 1. Daniel and that relationship with Emily has been the biggest distraction in her revenge against the elder Graysons.
Flag
His character was good in S2,well at least half of the season.
Flag
I still hope there's a redemptionof the character over the course of the plot.
Flag
Well...maybe,but did you notice how bad was Josh's acting in last 2-3 episodes,he was like " I'm sick of this"?
Flag
LOVED IT! This episode had so many things happening that I was interested and on the edge of my seat every minute. Season 1 was great, season 2 was a disaster and season 3 hadn't started off great but this one episode reminded me how how good this show used to be.

My HUGE gripe is with Patrick. Why the heck is he so loyal and enamored with Victoria?!! She dumped him and paid him a huge sum of cash for him to leave her alone when he came looking for her. Now he acts like she is a saint wronged by all these people. Like what?! Victoria is a just as guilty as the rest but in Patrick's eyes she is such a pure innocent women who has been wronged but all these evil people. Ummm he is too much of a mommy's boy, it is like he wants to crawl back in her. He says Emily, Conrad and Nolan have all wronged her. What planet is he living on? Nolan deserves so much better than him!

Daniel, ugh! I can't stand him. He shot Emily twice because of a fake pregnancy. His mom pulled the same fake pregnancy trick with Conrad, so does that mean Conrad should have shot Victoria and tried to kill her? Daniel is a pure Greyson, evil.
More+
Flag
I thought the dance between Emily and Nolan was the last time she was going to see him so why would she leave the infinity box with him? Why not destroy it or give it to Aiden to take it with them? If your going to leave forever she left somthing very incriminating that someone could stumble on.
Flag
I still can't believe what just happened. At the rate this show is going, this season has to be the last season.
Flag
Nolan should wear an article of cherry red clothing in every episode! #NolanRossIsBoss
Flag
I disagree with Kaitlin about this episode, I think it's getting worse. I liked the first season because it was clever, but since season 2 it's just a soap wrapped in overly complicated and dragged out plot lines. I think it's time to wrap this show up. The Graysons go to jail or die, Niko gets Aiden, Noel gets Patrick, Amanda gets Jack and Lydia is skinned to fix the chair she ruined. End of story.
Flag
Wow bro, have you even watched the latest episode? If you're really keeping an eye on the show, you must have at least noticed how the direction of the show changed and that it's too early to say "it's getting worse". I agree that season 2's kind of a failure, but season 3 is obviously making up for it. Please give the show a break. Show some appreciation.
Flag
If Homecoming was any indication of whats to come then yeah it's getting way worse. Where is the revenge.. I want revenge.. REVENGE!
Flag
These holidays I made a plan to catch up on Revenge & Revolution among other shows and I found myself way more excited to get back on the Charloe adventures than Emily & Nolan's.... and I was all like WHAT KIND OF SORCERY IS THIS?
After watching this episode I get it; and here I thought I stop watching Telenovelas when I left Mexico, sigh...
Flag
Seriously?!!! I think Aiden and Emily are destined to be together!! They are so perfect <3 I hate how the writers are dragging the emily/jack storyline on us AGAIN. It's so freaking old. Enough is enough.
P.S. I hope they kill Patrick off the show, he's annoying. And murder Niko too, for that reason.
Flag
I agree with you. I think the writers have to understand that some people, albeit being childhood lovers and whatnot, are just not meant for each other. It'd be too sour to see them ending up with each other on the end of all of this.
Flag
I am sick of the show forcing jack and Emily on us. Emily has changed so much since they were kids! It is not a believable match anymore! I done with this childhood first love BS!
Flag
All I can say is - Stephanie Chavez-Jacobsen YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Flag
LOL at the Days reference. I told my wife that between the fake baby and the amnesia, the only thing keeping it from being Days is that Emily doesn't have a clone / twin yet.

I love how much Victoria hates Conrad. My bet on how this show ends is that she finds out who Emily is, remembers how much she loved David and how Conrad made her betray him, and does something melodramatically self sacrificing to help complete Emily's revenge.
Flag
Huh? Emily IS THE "TWIN"! She isn't the real person, Amanda is, and they've already had them both on together!! LOL!! THIS IS DAYS!
Flag
I disagree with this Nolan hype. IMO he is expendable. He is the character that could die at the end of the show as some sort of tragic loss to Emily. The kind of death that will leave an impact. Same goes for Aiden. Nolan also has terrible taste in men/women, so I am glad that the fling with Patrick might be over. He was incredibly stupid to get involved with him in the first place, knowing he is Victoria's son and even after finding out he tried to kill Conrad. That should have been a warning sign right there. I hope their "relationship" is over permanently.

I am really glad the amnesia didn't last longer than out the episode because that was too soapy in a cheesy way for my taste.

I loved the Lydia and Victoria scene, but I am so happy that Lydia is gone again. I never liked that she returned in the first place. Good riddance! I hope she stays gone this time. It was delightful to see Victoria get her way with her and forcing Conrad to get rid of her, LOL! Possibly the most satisfying moment in this season, if not the entire show. Conrad deserves much worse...

Daniel is annoying, but at least now we might see Emily wanting to take him down too even more. I hope we won't get to see more of Sarah though.

It's hard to see Charlotte as a relevant character, so I kinda hope she will be in on the secret along with Nolan and Jack. The new and complete Revenge team... Because Aiden must go. Also Margaux needs to go! Leave her, Jack! Just as you should have stayed away from Amanda.

Aiden obviously has some secrets... I didn't like this new turn. I already dislike Niko and I would rather see the initiative plotline continue than this new Niko thing... It didn't look like he wanted to kiss her back though, and he does seem to genuinly care about Emily, so I wonder what the story is between him and Niko.
But now it seems more obvious than ever that Emily does belong with Jack. :D The way it should be. Jack finally showed some care for her and he was the person to trigger her memory for a reason. I think they could get a "happy ending", and they should.

I just wonder how Emily can go on plotting her revenge now that the Graysons know about her fake pregnancy and that she's been targeting them for years. It seems like everything will change now. I hope for the better...
More+
Flag
Please no!!! I am sick of the writers forcing jack and Emily on us! So contrived, belong in Disney!!!
Flag
Don't diss Disney! Disney is wonderful! :D
Flag
I don't underhand your hatred for Aiden!! A lot of viewers love him! Emily is no saint, for one, she is sleeping with two men! I hope the show doesn't take clues from here and listen to the audience instead!!!
Flag
I agree with you. Aiden is the perfect guy for Ems. He knows her inside and out. I don't hate Jack but I feel like the writers are trying to continue the Emily/Jack storyline AGAIN. Their chemisty was long gone.
Flag
Like she said, Jack is the moral compass and yet is still a pawn, almost naive. As is Charlotte. I like Charlotte but she's clueless and out of her league. Daniel is a true Greyson while she is not and perhaps why she isn't as conniving or as up to the challenge. No wonder she looks up to Emily and her strength!
Flag
Bravo, Kaitlin! Your reviews are enjoyable once more! And what a spectacularly delicious episode. It would seem the show has started to take itself a little less seriously (which is a good thing) by playing all those cliched soap opera cards. Can't wait to see how much fun they're going to have with Victoria finally gaining the upper hand!
Flag
is it revenge's last season?

and also, revenge's fb page paid tribute to the chair...
https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=734674216545392&set=a.287794547900030.82251.218382761507876&type=1&theater
Flag
I read somewhere that there will be a fourth season.
Flag
1. Yes, RIP Vicki's declaration of independance chair. I Sooo wanted to smack Lydia for it!

2. Love Nolan!

3. As of now, don't give a flying cow's ass about who Emily ends up with...my ideal endgame - Emily's sharpie on daniel's face. Srsly, the dude is 1000 percent an evil Grayson child. He needs to get told!

No srsly, as of now Emily should be even more evil to the Graysons becoz they have proven to only care for themselves and does not matter how many bodies they have to throw under the bus. It's time to hurt them for real. Emily has been too soft.
Flag
For what it's worth, your statement have proven to only care for themselves and does not matter how many bodies they have to throw under the bus can also apply to Emily.

Sure, her mission is revenge to punish a group of people that did something wrong but her motives can either be taken as ultimately benevolent or selfish. If not for Nolan's speech / confrontation, she might not have even felt bad about screwing over that priest afterwards.
Flag
Yeah, but the thing is I don't think we can compare the amount of innocent people hurt in one way or the other via Emily's actions to the people thrown under the bus by the Graysons to save themselves. And even as if lately, the Graysons don't exactly do saving for each other because they are no longer a real family. Conrad and Victoria are only willing to protect their children and not each other any more. Emily with all her shit at least owns up to it and will do anything to protect the ones she cares about...,but in all honesty what I actually wanted to say by my statement about the Graysons is that I initially thought they were redeemable.... But seasons pass and they prove to be so rotten inside that they really do deserve what is coming to them at the hands if Emily Thorne.
Flag
Hmm, Revenge seems to be, like Emily, falling off the boat. Amnesia now? Really? ....getting weird people.
Flag
Did you even finish watching the episode? She recovered her memory!!
Flag
Jack, Aiden, and Daniel could all fall off a cliff and ... I don't think I'd even care at this point.

Agree 100%
Flag
Who's this new chick and did she cause Emily's amnesia with her injections? Something's strange about this shooting. Emily seemed super alert and agile while swimming to the buoy with a gut shot.

Poor dumb Daniel. And aint he noble for mumbling about turning himself in for shooting someone else... this time his new bride no less. Of course as usual the little hypocrite will slip on his golden parachute and allow Mommy and Daddy to get him off the hook again. Poor dumb Lydia.

Why is Nolan asking for Patrick's permission to see Emily in a hospital that he half owns?

As for Patrick, the last time Victoria whined to him about someone she felt threatened by he tried to kill him (and killed the clergyman instead). Nolan and Emily might want to be wary of that guy.
Flag
Actually, it might not matter even if Nolan owned 100%. Rules are rules. If someone's in a bad way, it might simply be that only medical staff and family can see them.
Flag
Of course... my point is what does Patrick have to do with it? Nolan is either able to use his own influence to get into the room or not.
Flag
I liked the episode but i was hoping that Nolan will be the one to help Emily remember who she is.
Flag
I would have loved Nolan switching the lab results to say that Emily was pregnant...that would have really made Daniel guilty since he apparently has no remorse for shooting Emily TWICE in the abdomen! Then Victoria could have been really blown away by the fact that Danny killed her grandson! Oh that would have been fun to watch:)
The episode was definitely one of the best this season...now its on to Grayson Manor:)

Www.facebook.com/RevengeAgenda
Flag
I totally thought the same thing. I wanted it to show she was pregnant and the Daniel to fill like an A-hole for shooting her in the abdomen
Flag
Okay, glad I wasn't the only one sort of hoping for that. :)
Flag
I don't get how anyone can say that this show is IMPROVING !!!!
Geeez , I really miss the quality of season One !!! Bring the freaking show back !!!
Flag
Fake babies, amnesia, characters coming back to life, heretofore unknown children appearing, all this show needs is an evil twin and it will get soap bingo.
Flag
We practically had that when "Amanda" showed up!
Flag
and a magic stone!!!
Flag

The key word in this review and the overall tone of this episode was "momentum". It really should have been the title of this episode, because the plot was pleasantly advanced so much that I'm excited for events that I find hard to predict. I'm really looking forward to how all of the chips fall. One element that I'm particularly excited for is Charlotte developing the hint about Emily's identity...I have a feeling that will be what the writers elect to drag out for the rest of the season. Charlotte is really the only one who seems to be able to pull both Victoria and Conrad's strings. If Emily managed to convince Charlotte of David Clark's innocence, she would have her strongest ally since Nolan, Speaking of Nolan...even though it's only been one episode, I'm already anticipating that his and Emily's reunion post amnesia is going to be ridiculously tearful. <3
Flag
Agree, agree, agree. My only hope is that they don't drag things out too much for Charlotte - she isn't a stupid girl so I think a reveal in the next few episodes so there's time to build even more momentum (there's that word!) before the finale would be perfect.

I can't wait for the Nolan/Emily reunion. I'll have tissues on hand for that one...
Flag
Absolutely, bravo to the writers if they close the reveal to Charlotte as soon as possible. She has been through the wringer, and her working alongside her sister would make for some amazing TV.
Flag
Fingers crossed Charlotte is not 100% stupid and actually puts the pieces together before the end of the season, because that would make things a bit more exciting. And yes Nolan & Emily are the only relationship on the show that matters!
Flag
WELL the writers hit the reset button. They have officially set the stage for Jack and Emily to sail off into the sunset.
Flag
Aww, no, really?
Flag
Were you being sarcastic? I am going to assume that you weren't and explain anyway. I believe because Aiden has an old girl (who is fine!!!) that has just resurfaced, while on the other hand Emily and jack basically have a fresh start and they also are old flames.. It's actually very poetic.
Flag
No, I wasn't being sarcastic. I was despairing at the possibility of that storyline actually coming to pass.
Flag
How come? :D
Flag
Thank goodness this "Amnesia" thing is done...
Flag
I hate this thing writers do where EVERYTHING must go back to Jack. He is THE WORST character. So pointless. Now they've pulled the "true love kiss" or whatever that "emotionally connected" thing to bring her memory back was.
If there's anyone emotionally connected to Emily is Nolan. As he said, they ARE family. If in her dying moment she was hallucinating of being with Aiden there was no sense in Jack being the one there, right by her bed.
Flag
I'm going to go against popular opinion here - I don't think Jack's involvement in this episode is meant to reestablish a romantic connection between them. If anything, he was an important trigger for her memory because of their shared connection to Fauxmanda, and he was the only one who could really protect her from revealing anything more about her true identity. As for the kiss on the forehead, I took that more as the closure he was looking for when he went to the beach in the first place.

He loves her, or the her he used to know, there's no doubt about that. But I don't think they belong together and I hope the writers don't push it.
Flag
Hope you are right.
Flag
I like jack but I love the relationship between her and Aiden I really like aiden but what the hell is he doing kissing what's her face
Flag
I know right! Why did the writers even bring Niko in the story??! Like there wasn't enough problem already. Aiden and Emily are perfect. I hate how the writers always comes back to the Emily/Jack storyline. They have been doing that ever since Season 1. Emily has changed so much then. Enough is really enough.
Flag
Hopefully we all read to much into that stupid kiss and it's nothing but niko was still up to something shady. Emily as you said has changed a lot and is better suited to aidens personality she can show 100% of herself to him and he doesn't judge her on what she has and is going to do. Plus he's hot and can handle himself in a fight.
Flag
Loved how Aiden reacted to Emilys amnesia like "Duh of course she is faking"
Actually I would loved that Nolan could have had a moment with Amnesia Emily. It would've been so emotional and sweet. Damn I love those two.
And Lydia is out ... again! I actually laughed at that moment.
So sad for Queen V's throne :(
And a round of applause for Emily the amazing ninja who can take shots to the abdomen, swim and get inside a boat by herself!
Flag
Okay, I agree that the show has improved thanks to last two episodes and is quite exciting. However, could anyone please explain me why the police haven't discovered already that Daniel was the "mysterious killer" who shot Emily?

Like seriously, guys! He fired two shots, which means the gunpowder should have been all over him and checking for the gunpowder traces on persons who were at the crime scene should have been the obvious move for the police at first place! Btw, wasn't it Emily's plan anyway to link the "marked" bracelet with V??? I just don't understand that aspect and maybe I'm missing something :/
Flag
Staff
I'm just throwing this out there, but I don't think the police in this show are all that smart.
Flag
but thats just too much. I mean I didnt care when Nolan ,,flew" into the party, and I didnt care about much other stuff, but that Emily climed on a boat with 2 holes in her belly - not drowning and that the police wouldnt check the gun powder is just too much!!!!
Flag
Ah and btw i cant get over the fact that emily actually survived thia whole situation... is she wonder woman? I got two holes in my bell aah i just climb on that boat
Flag
Thats how Daniel will be now..Josh wanted that aswell. Daniel the cold heart killer. Changed his personality in 10min. I CANT GET OVER IT I HATE IT.. well i better get over it
Flag
Honestly, between Daniel becoming a big bad or dieing/leaving the series in another way, I'd rather the latter happened. He's boring.
Flag
I really wish Conrad has just let the Victoria & Lydia catfight happen. My money would have been on the queen Bitch Victoria.
Flag
My comment may include mild spoilers! Be warned!

So, let's face it, the episode sucked. I wish that I could erase it from my memory. Every "actor's" so called "acting" skills in the episode (other than Madeleine) were non-existent. The worst performances come from yours truly Gabriel Mann (Nolan) - for his excellence in acting in the two scenes were "he is supposedly heart-broken" learning that Emily has been shot. (first with Patrick/and then later with Aiden/Jack)

Seriously, step up your game Gabriel! You acting was crappier than Joshua Bowman! (who's also pretty terrible)

Emily was also bad! I couldn't buy into her "I don't know who I am" shtick, and "I'm so lonely and sad because I can't remember anything" shtick. Just, bad acting all around!

Like seriously, I'm glad that the amnesia storyline is somewhat over (Emily will pretend to have it in upcoming episodes) but I'm not hopeful for the future of this series. It's gotten so, so bad. Apparently the new show-runner thinks that there's no place for Ashley on this show, but they are writing in a new character who is going to assume Ashley's role on the show (she's a party planner) ...

Also they are bringing in Conrad and Victoria's exes into the show. (does anyone really care?)

And apparently Jack and Aiden will become friends ... #yay for bromance?

And "Ugh" or also known as Charlotte will be getting a new love interest because "she's all grown up" and she has become a "woman" ...

ps. Jack blaming himself for what happen makes literally no sense whatsoever.

More+
Flag
honestly if your not liking anything the show produces then stop watching in my opinion this was like one of the best episodes that the show has made do us a favor and stop with those long bitchy rants about the show if your not liking it find another show that you will enjoy
Flag
best episode really?

again it's your opinion, why are you entitled to one and I'm not? the hypocrisy ...
Flag
he is a bit right tho - and its good to have a place where u can bitch about the show u once loved!

btw love that Im Done GIF ;)
Flag
aye XD ^

thanks, at this point I'm just watching to see what happens and if Emily is ever going to be successful in her Revenge agenta (most likely not lol)

I really wanted Conrad to go to prison or there to be a trial for Victoria and/or for her to face the crimes she has commited. I would have loved to see her in pain (lol, yes I'm sadistic that way haha) ... no but seriously, there needs to be some sort of retribution ...

I'm just sick of waiting.
Flag
This comment has been removed.
Flag
Again, sorry to repeat this question but I still cant figure out the mystery of the photo. So Emily was a waitress at a party when she was young. What does it prove, really? Please, help me out, I'm drowning... oh wait, perhaps I'll go climb a huge boat... *sorry, gone completely insane*

Flag
It was the Grey's New Years party from years ago and it proves that she knew who the family was, was potentially spying on them (otherwise, why was an insanely rich girl catering a party), and was pretending to not have known them when she was introduced to them by Ashley three years ago.
Flag
The photo was taken at a New Years Eve party at Greyson Manor right after she got out of Juve. In season 1 there is an entire episode about it, Lydia found the photo and requested a list of the names of those on the catering staff, the name Amanda Clark was on the list. But Nolan changed it to something different. Nolan also photoshopped Emily's face. Then Lydia got thrown off of a roof and thought she was loosing her mind. It would be hard for Emily to explain why she was at her husbands house 10 years ago then claim she never had ever been there before.
Flag
Not really a response to your point in the comment, but man I miss season 1. Your comment reminded me of how GOOD it was!
Flag
It was a Greyson's party I think, and she became a waitress so as to collect info about her enemy.
The picture itself proves nothing. But Emily was supposed to be super rich so there would be no reason for her to work as a waitress. Consequently, the Greyson's correctly can assume that she took this job so as to spy on them.
Flag
She could always said that is was part of her juvenile detention program. Now everyone knows about her bing there. So that would have been my excuse "they made me work for the rich people"
Flag
I can agree with the fact the photo wouldn't be no big deal. She could always claim that she was working as a waitress because it was before she got her inheritance! She could say that she worked so many parties just to make ends meet and that she honestly doesn't even remember working that party of even knowing who it was for! The fact she worked as a waitress is NO PROOF of anything.
Flag
It is only in REVENGE soapy story that a simple old innocent photo can get to be such a big deal ;)
Flag
Ahhhhhh, I have to turn of the bloddy Mac Autocorrection Program. It is so annoying !!!
Flag
That sounds like something that would have been verifiable if it had been true.
Flag
Everything can be made verifiable with NOLAN ;)
Flag
Yeah but everyone knows about Emily's youth in the juvy so working as a waitress seems kinda no surprise. I still think it'a a plot hole even though the writers probably meant what you said.
Flag
I'm willing to forgive a lot but this is driving me crazy - how did Emily get on the boat???? She's seriously injured and tired and bleeding out and in the ocean in the middle of the night and she managed to get in the boat herself, not be rescued, just climbed or whatever?! It's simply too much! I cant stand this notion of resolving the problems with magic. Yes, this is definitely magic. And it makes me mad!!!!! Come on writers, you are freaking lazy! *so much rage*
Flag
I know its so stupid
Flag
umm hello she is freakin emily thorne. that girl is tough as hell.
Flag
LOVE LOVE LOVE this episode one million percent! Lydia pouring wine on that chair is probably the greatest thing Revenge has done all season. I've never gasped at the destruction of prop furniture before. I felt like Lydia season 1, gasping at that painting Victoria cut open. I think this episode proves that Revenge needs to cool it on building seasons around a "big event" because they really spun their wheels for several episodes waiting for this wedding to happen and the aftermath of the event is always more fun than the build-up. Just let stuff happen Revenge!
Flag
I'm a former soap watcher, so for me the amnesia thing was not automatically bad, nor would it have felt like a long time if they kept it going for a few episodes, but I am still excited for the direction the show decided to take in the last half of the show (it was probably a better decision than leaving her with amnesia for weeks):

-Aidan being a betrayer?
-Emily remembering that Daniel shot her (what a pathetic and depressing character they have made Daniel into).
-Charlotte possibly knowing that she's Amanda Clarke.

Though disappointed Cynthia is seemingly gone AGAIN so soon. Conrad is the biggest sucker of any show I watch (including soaps I'm starting to think).
Flag
This review was so refreshing and actually nice to read. I'll be the first to admit I have not always sided with the reviewer, but she was dead-on this time. Revenge turned out one of the best episodes of the season and it is finally being recognized for it instead of being criticized. And honestly, there wasn't much to criticize. It seems like everyone was really wrapped up in the amnesia storyline and didn't want to focus on the developments, but once you got past the soap trope, you realize a lot happened. For instance: Even if it is for one episode, a broken/weak/vulnerable/human Emily Thorne was so refreshing to watch. Obviously Lydia ruining Victoria's chair/throne and the near cat fight that ensued was endlessly entertaining. Then Victoria turns around and corners Conrad into framing Lydia for shooting Emily, just as he had done with David Clarke (perhaps an even bitchier move than an empty box as an engagement gift). Watching Patrick betray Nolan and Victoria simultaneously was brilliant, then Patrick telling Victoria about the infinity box to get back in her good graces (betting money that Nolan switched the contents of the box). The near throw down Conrad and Daniel had was pleasing as we watch Daniel become the epitome of how heartless a Grayson really is. And for the minority of the Aiden supporters, such as myself, that scene where he finds Emily on the boat was fantastic and gut-wrenching. And for the Jack and Emily 'shippers out there, I'm sure that final scene was nice for y'all. I'm happy to see Jack let go of the anger, even if it was out of guilt. And I hope he continues to support Emily and keep Charlotte's mouth shut about how Emily told her David Clarke is her father. And holy cannoli with next week's promo. For real don't even know where to begin, but the Graysons holding Emily hostage should be fun to watch and I'm really excited for it. It's good to see Revenge get some praise.
More+
Flag
I couldn't agree more about the scene where Aiden finds Emily on the boat! :) I was beyond myself. I wish that he listened to her :'(
Flag
it felt like sleeping beauty when jack kissed emily and puufff she woke up uuhh i mean her memory came back :D
Flag
yeah that was so stupid haha I had to laugh so much
Flag
Aiden :O
Flag
I have always been an Aiden supporter...until last night. I don't know, I even have totally legitimate reasons for his sketchiness last night (I have vague memories of in the flashbacks to Revenge school that Takeda seemed to be warning Aiden about not letting the same thing happen with Emily as something earlier and I am willing to bet it was Niko and I even think Aiden is as confused by the kiss as we are, because Niko might be crazy - maybe they thought the show needs a little Tyler energy again). It doesn't mean I jump to a Jack bandwagon at all, but seriously...

Hey, did Conrad ever get that DNA test done on Patrick?

I sort of really hope we have a scene next week where Emily just drops the act to Victoria after Victoria thinks she has the total upper hand. And does something to the effect of, after Victoria closes the Infinity Box and says there is nothing you can say now, "Yeah? How about this, I am Amanda Clarke and not only do I want justice for my father, the man you allegedly loved, but for me too because you not only abandoned any pretense of helping me, you basically condemned me as well and you can't even guess the extent of the revenge I will get out of you" Its just really too bad she is physically kind of useless right now, but you presume Aiden will help her out (I am guessing Charlotte reports to Jack...).
More+
Flag
If anyone has a .GIF of that moment, I'd be eternally grateful.

Ask and ye shall receive!

Flag
I so want to post that Gift on my FB!
Flag
Second favorite GIF ever!
Flag
Best one is still the naked dancing dude from the bridge ;)
Flag
The.....what now??
Flag
@tamaracassill Ahh....okay then. lol! Thanks!
Flag
oh dont u know it? okay have u watched the bridge? its more fun if u know the scene... Basically they are looking for the killer in like a trailer park or something, then they hear loud noices and knock at the door of that dude to find that ( dubsteb music is on really loud ) http://www.tv.com/news/tvcoms-top-100-everything-of-2013-vol-1-items-100-91-138722979904/
Nr 93 ;)
Flag
It's like Lydia had been planning that since her return. I mean look at the dress she's wearing!!! She was completely prepared.
Flag
Staff
YESSSSSSS
Flag
Sure, Revenge does sometimes but not very often kill my brain cells but boy only Revenge can do what this episode has done. The amnesia thing was killed on the spot (YES!), Daniel is revealed as the killer to pretty much all who matter (YES!), Victoria goes on a plot spree to frame Lydia and its done and Jack and Emily, sort of, rekindle their romance. Other shows would have dragged the above 3 across an entire season. Revenge should be applauded for this.
Flag
I have to admit, when Victoria flounced into Voulez looking ten years younger and more amazing than any woman has a right to naturally look I was worried she was going to hand over the photograph that Aiden had continuously failed to retrieve. Instead she framed chair destroying Lydia and set off a truly spectacular chain of Machiavellian events.
When Jack was needed most he decided to be a useless dick and refuse to go to the hospital because he had guilty feels leaving Emily without any sort of buffer to censure any memory that she felt the need to announce to the world.
Its amazing how quickly everyone decided to finally agree with Victoria that the wounded, lucky to be alive, terrified in-law in the hospital bed was evil and not just chalk it up to Victoria covering her ass.
Personally I think Victoria should replace her chair with a replica of the Iron Throne just drop the pretences.
Flag
Staff
I was going to photoshop Victoria on the Iron Throne but then that felt like a lot of work. But I love that I wasn't the only one thought of that!
Flag
This sounded like a fun challenge so...

But I reckon that Victoria Greyson wouldn't compromise with a mere sword throne. She would want something more than that

Flag
You rock!
Flag
I thought this episode was okay but being a former CSI addict, the fact that the police didnt even think about making powder residus testing on everyone really bugs me! They could have easily caught Daniel!! Emily's amnesia was a little too soapy for me as well as her getting her memory back but it seems like she might target Daniel next so it's kinda cool! I never thought he was a great character but he got really low in this episode. He really is a coward like his father and his anger towards him was really annoying! If you're so reluctant to get help from your parents then just turn yourself in!
Flag
He told Victoria of his guilt precisely for that reason. He knew what she would do. Daniel's passive-aggressive behavior is so transparent. He had plenty of opportunity to turn himself in. He was questioned at least twice by the police and never intended to turn himself in.
Flag
like father like son
Flag
I'm glad the amnesia was temporary. I don't have the energy for that right now.
Flag
Load More Comments
Follow this Show
Members