A Revenge Community
ABC (ended 2015)

Revenge S03E04: "Mercy"

Rest assured that when I write this next line, I'm writing it with a lot of love (and not the kind Emily has for Daniel, but more like the kind Nolan feels when he gets dressed in the morning): What the hell, Revenge? "Mercy" wiped the slate clean after only three episodes, and I dare say I think it was for the best. Everything the series was building up in the first few installments of Season 3 officially crashed and burned last week in "Confession," and then was buried this week this week in "Mercy." 

Father Paul is definitely dead, as I presumed last week. R.I.P. Paul, you seemed like a once-bad-but-now-only-slightly-shady-with-a-hint-of-Castiel's-voice good guy! Paul probably didn't deserve to die in the car crash, but having Conrad admit to Daniel he simply took the turn too fast and hit the clutch instead of the brake (mmmkay) and didn't at all suffer from a prescription medication-induced bout of Huntington's Disease, made me enjoy this story more than if Emily actually had been responsible. Because LOL, Conrad is bad at driving.

So to find out later (via super sleuth Jack Porter) that someone had actually tampered with his brakes left me feeling conflicted. This means we now have ourselves a good ol' fashioned "Whodunit?" I liked the idea that Conrad was at fault and that the crash wasn't anything more than an accident, because that would be new and refreshing. But now we're looking at a Who Hates Conrad the Most? contest. Obviously it wasn't Emily, because she wanted him to confess, and it wasn't Daniel because he helped cover up what really happened in order to keep the Grayson name clean before the launch of the magazine. Was it Victoria? Patrick? Charlotte? Aiden as a way to frame Jack? 

Victoria did tell Conrad that if he got back in the car it would be the last thing he ever did, but that seems too on-the-nose. And as much as she hates Conrad, I don't think she's capable of setting him up to possibly die like that. Her warning was probably just what it appeared to be: She didn't want him driving with Huntington's. Her heart isn't completely frozen. Despite hating him most of the time, she needs him alive.

As for Patrick, however: What is his deal? Nolan tracked down his ex-wife in Florida this week after giving in to his addiction to technology and hacking (and stealing Patrick's wallet from the club). She told Nolan that Patrick was a loser and a liar, and after accepting Nolan's generous bribe of $20k, she opened right up to expand on those claims. But we still don't know what all she said, and it's likely we won't find out for awhile. 

I enjoy the addition of Justin Hartley to this cast, and not just for the glorious eye candy. He's a mystery—not a super compelling one, but he's a fresh face to this saga at least—and you don't know what his motives actually are. It looked like he turned on Victoria by stealing her painting and selling it to Sheila without the paperwork, but in reality, it was just part of a power play by Victoria so she could take over the gallery and not just work there. (Smooth move btw, V, I just hope being a small business owner won't cut into your scheming time.) I like that we still don't know if Patrick is a good guy or a bad guy, and I'm even okay with all the red herrings the show is throwing at us. I think it could be fun if it turns out he is responsible for Conrad's crash because he's trying to cut out or turn Victoria's family against her so he's all she has. Everyone loves a good psychotic lost-family member story, right?

And then there's Charlotte. As much as she also hates her not-father, she's too passive aggressive to take that action. She'd prefer to sit in the corner and mumble under her breath about how Conrad is a terrible person than actually do anything about it. Hell, she's still preparing Emily and Daniel's wedding invitations but she's like, totally not happy about it. At this point, Charlotte's basically become the Marissa Cooper of the Hamptons in that she's run her course and the writers don't know what to do with her anymore. Killing Declan was a step in the right direction, but Charlotte needs to stop being a whiny, passive aggressive teenager and get with the program if she wants to be anything other than background noise. You're a mixture of Victoria Grayson and a Clarke. You should be awesome, Charlotte!

Lastly, there's Aiden. We all know my stance on Aiden so I won't rehash it, but he's taken up residence in the Grayson pool house like he's Ryan Atwood or something. He's still trying to help Emily by infiltrating Victoria's inner circle, but he also has his own agenda. When Emily told him Conrad's car had been tampered with, and that Jack decided he wanted in on the revenge plot, he immediately turned into the jealous school boy we all knew he was and told Conrad that Jack had tampered with the brakes. Not cool, Aiden, not cool. I may not always like Jack, but I do think bringing him in to the revenge plan, especially without Emily's willingness, is a good move for the often-sidelined-in-horrible-B-stories character.

This episode essentially wiped the slate clean again. Conrad found out he didn't actually have Huntington's Disease after he was called back to the hospital for an MRI, so now he thinks he beat God, or something (so glad that story is over). He's not going to confess to framing David Clarke (though I still think that'd be an interesting ending to this saga), so that entire storyline is now dead. And Emily and Daniel are at odds after he gave her statement about the accident to the cops in order to cover for his father, and Emily turned around and outed Daniel's DUI in his publisher's bio for the magazine. Instead of making amends with Emily, he took relationship advice from his father, and is currently spending his nights at the inn (how do they have money for their suite if they're also poor?) to show he's not giving in. I don't know about you guys, but I think this marriage is a great idea. 

NOTES

– Even good-looking Patrick has a moderately bad driver's license photo!

– Nolan is clearly playing Patrick, and Patrick is most definitely playing Nolan. This makes me sad because I like them together. 

– Who do you think tampered with the Conrad's brakes?

– Having Conrad refer to himself as the master of the house was a perfect Les Miserables reference, no? He's a crook and a liar, and his wife isn't much better. Plus, it successfully painted him as the cartoon villain he usually is. Love. It.

– And the winner of this week's Best Nolan Ensemble Is:

What'd you think of "Mercy"?

Previously Aired Episode

AIRED ON 5/10/2015

Season 4 : Episode 23

154 Comments
Comments (154)
Submit
Sort: Latest | Popular
I really enjoyed this episode; it showed that no matter how hard Emily tries, she will never be able to keep up with her charades forever - which is why Conrad discovered that he has never had Huntingdon's. I'm also glad how Daniel is finally beginning to question Emily's motives after her deliberately choosing to expose Daniel's DUI to Voulez readers - though I'm not sure why she would do that if she needs to marry him in order for her plans to work. I really like how characters stay true to their emotions - Conrad will always be your typical Shakespearian villain, Victoria will always have an endgame, Emily will always have feelings for Jack, Aiden will always be an obsessive psycho and Jack and Charlotte will always be whiny and annoying. At least Jack is of some significance now that he has been involuntarily been pulled into the Grayson web of deceit, murder and betrayal. I also have a feeling that Nolan finding true love in this series is next to impossible as after Marco, Tyler and Padma, having him find a true partner in Patrick seems nonsensical - especially as Patrick has a vested interest to keep Nolan pacified as he is the only one who knows Patrick isn't actually Victoria's son. That leaves me interested to know what exactly Patrick is up to and I'm pretty suspicious it was he who tampered with Conrad's brakes - he seems so desperate to separate Victoria from Conrad. As for who I think Emily will end up with - to be honest I think she's destined to be alone. She's clearly shown that despite having feelings for Aiden and Jack, she will absolutely not let them get in the way of her plans to destroy the Graysons. Yes she wants to protect Jack - but if she truly loved him why then would she continue with her plan after its caused the deaths of so many? Not to mention Jack seems to hate the sight of Emily, clearly stating that he felt nothing after kissing her. Aiden is just a jealous bastard who Emily sleeps with from time-to-time, whilst Daniel is merely a pawn in Emily's battle against the Graysons. I guess when you're dad gets betrayed by his true love, you spend years in a juvenile facility and when everyone you get close to dies or is harmed in some way, you'd naturally put up a pretty strong barrier - and I think that's what the moral is of the show - an eye for an eye makes the whole world go blind, though the show has a pretty delectable way of showing it.
More+
Flag
The main reason why I dont like Jack and Emily is because its SO OBVIOUS! I hate that. Since day 1 the writers wanna show us that Jack and Emily are endgame ( lame Ive seen that about 100000 times!! ) and why? Because they were friends as kids - wow... they didnt see each other for years, they didnt talk for years. Im sorry but to really fall in love I need more than being kids friends. He is a good man bla bla bla - she didnt even know that when she came back! You know what I mean? He could have been a serial killer and she wouldnt know.. she just sees him in pink because he is a nice memorie from the time her daddy was still around. 2) Look what are they doing with Daniel and Aiden ( watch the preview of the next episode - Aiden gets worse). And why - so we say aaah Daniel and Aiden are shit, Jack is awesome. so obvious again! They ruined Daniel (who used to be pretty awesome) and now they are ruining Aiden ( and a stupid way) sooo Jack is endgame - oh I didnt see that coming
More+
Flag
Uh aaaand Jack should be really pissed off with Emily aswell. I mean its also her fault taht Fauxmanda and Declan died. Could he please think about that aswell
Flag
Why is it Emily's fault Fauxmanda and Declan died? Fauxmanda died because she stole a laptop from Emily, thus putting herself in danger with Conrad and Nate. Declan died because he was mooning after Charlotte and was just in the wrong place at the wrong time. Neither of those cases was Emily's fault at all. Emily was not involved with the whole Kenny/Nate thing, she just came in at the end and tried to repair all the damage.

If you say it was Emily's fault because she started the whole revenge thing then you may as well say it is Conrad's fault because he started the whole crime in the first place.
Flag
Amanda met Emily and they changed identitys... thats how it started ( and yeah Emily wanted that but still...) no look I know she didnt plan this stuff.. of course, but I think if she would have never come around they would still be alive
Flag
I think Jack is only being polite with Emily because his involvement in Emily's plan gives him solace. It feels good to know that at least Conrad is getting what he deserves for killing Fauxmanda and the mother of his child. I don't think Jack likes Emily enough for them to run off into the sunset with each other - you can tell that Jack holds Emily somewhat responsible for what happened to Declan and Fauxmanda, which is why he gave her an ultimatum. He also said he didn't feel anything when he kissed Emily - ouch! So I guess it's between Aiden and Daniel, both for who Emily does not even have the slightest of interest - especially after what Aiden has done to Jack. I think to be honest Emily is destined to be alone as is poor Nolan. For reasons look at my comment above.
Flag
Lynch Aiden already ! Sharthead
Flag
Get rid if jack
Flag
Poll

Flag
What's up with all the Jack hate? I don't care if his character becomes a deaf mute, that is some serious eye candy and he should never leave the show under any circumstances. Charlotte proved to be her meh self, Conrad is once again a pompous arrogant arse hole who will eventually get what's coming his way, Victoria had her claws out in full effect but I found myself rooting for her against those caddy b words, Daniel totally tried to kill his dad and his coverup wasn't for pops it was self preservation just as he suggested. Aidan???? In my dream world Jack and Emily live happily ever after and that can't happen with Aiden in the picture. Nolan is my favorite, loved how he was on a revenge mission of his own but can't wait to see how this Patrick story line plays out. Nolan is way to smart to get played again, so I'm curious to see this play out.
Flag
Jack and Emily are annoying, because the writers wanna tell us since the beginning how awesome they are and Emily just wanted him because they know each other since they were kids - wow I dont wanna marry my kids friends. They didnt see each other for years... They didnt know anything about each other but they are in love? no.
Flag
I want Aiden & Emily to be together. Too much has has happened between jack & Emily.. It is ruined!
Flag

Does Adien really go rogue?

Adien took a bold move to frame jack, and surely are not a smart move to either revenge agenda or his relationship to Emily, the episode 4 tells us Emily might not trust Adien as much as he thought, Adien clearly feel bad when Emily question him if he tampered with Conrad car’s brake, and figure out actually Emily did not really trust him. Adien do love Emily, and intend to leave with her after the whole revenging things get done, but when he know Emily told the truth to Jack and Jack became the part of the revenge, Adien begin upset, and not sure about he could leave with Emily eventually, Adien feel jealous and upset, thus he took a bold move to frame jack which might get jack killed, but it’s really not a smart move.

Is there any possibilities that Aiden tampered with the brake, I do not see there is. Why did Adien do that if he love Emily and want her revenge get done in her ways? Aiden has no reason to set back Emily’s plan if he wants Emily love and leave with him. And his bold move also could kill his little loving dream with Emily, Emily definitely will know who leak the info to the Grayson, and then it would be very hard for Emily to forgive him because Emily cares about Jack’s safe more than anything, and she would slow down the whole plan for Jack which also could put her and Adien in danger.

Jack is too good for Emily, and Emily does not deserve such a good guy in the end, Aiden is matched with Emily, however, Emily did not love him very much, she see Aiden as a good partner and backup team player when they are at mission, but when the mission is over, Emily does not feel she really need Aiden to be her family or her home, or lover
More+
Flag
Just as you said, there is more to Aiden's move.. In revenge things are nothing at it seems.. I think Emily & Adiden are Working together to get Jack out of hampton's- this serves both Aiden's & Emily's goals.
Flag
If last season showed us anything, it's that Aiden is impulsive when he's emotionally invested and that "act first, think later" habit of his usually causes a lot of trouble. I don't believe for a moment that he tried to kill Conrad, because he is trying to help Emily, but in his twisted rationalization I could see him believing that pinning it on Jack would help Emily even as it removes his perceived competition...and that she would ultimately be grateful for the assistance because she loves him. He should know better by now.
Flag
Twenty grand is a lot to pay to find out a person's sexual orientation. There has to be more to Patrick.

I think the best suspects for Conrad's car shenanigans are either Patrick, or Aiden.
Flag
Conrad is about the only reason I continue to watch this show. He's deplorable as heck but somehow momentary amnesia makes me forget that to the point I'm actually saying "Emily he's not so bad....let him live." Oh who am I kidding it's all about Justin Hartley.
Flag
I don't think Charlotte has the skills to tamper with the car to try to kill Conrad. I think Patrick is behind it.
Flag
I agree my guess is that maybe Patrick is with Charlotte when they find out which makes them worried
Flag
I love this show. So many intrigues! I am not a fan of Nolan falling for Patrick though. Why does he have such bad taste? I wonder what dirt he found on Patrick on his little trip, but it seems the only thing he learned was that he is gay or something... There must be something more though.

I like that Jack seems to warm up a little more to Emily now and joining her side in a way, since he also wants justice.

I don't like that Aiden told on Jack to Conrad+. :( Poor Jack.

Conrad never had the intention to confess... Another reason to dislike him.

There seems to be so many obstacles for Emily now, and I also wonder when we are going to hear from/see the initiative again.
Flag
The Initiative is dead, and long may that storyline burn in television hell.

I love Conrad. I do think that he had a serious moment of doubt and really thought - when he was going to die anyway - that confession would let him die in peace. Now, though, absolutely no chance he'll confess.

Ooh, fun twisty possibility - what if you're right, and Conrad never did intend to confess? What if he tampered with the brake fluid? Oooh....

I agree with the Jack situation, and about time for it too.

As of now Nolan really isn't falling for Patrick - (I hope) he's just using what he learned as leverage to get close and spring the revengenda on him for real. I'm sure the deeper purpose will unfold over the next couple of episodes - drawn out, since I don't see Patrick going anywhere for awhile.
Flag
I can't love Nolan more ! I think Charlotte or Patrick may be the ones who tried to kill Conrad.

Flag
I love Jack. I am not liking how Aiden has thrown him under the bus by saying that he wants Conrad dead. His jealousy is starting to piss me off something bad. I am hoping that the writers are showing Aiden in a bad light as to make people sway more towards Jack. I believe that is so Emily and Jack can be together in the end.

If for some reason the writers kill off Jack, for me the show would have been for nothing!!!
Flag
I want jack gone.. He needs come down from his high horse.. His character has no purpose anymore
Flag
I want Aiden dead!
Flag
I wish Jack would be gone
Flag
I love love Aiden.. Aiden & Emily are perfect for each other.. Too much has happened between jack & Emily . Time for Emily to grow up and move on from her childhood crush!
Flag
Well the writers are sure not going to be able to please everyone, are they?

Lets look at Jack:
Duped by Emily for at least 2 years
Duped by Kenny and his brother
Duped by fake Amanda, enough to marry her
Duped by Nolan, when he lied about rescuing him in the boat
Duped by Victoria into thinking she was on his side
Duped by Ashley...
Duped by Conrad...

Is there anyone who hasn't duped Jack? And this is the idiot you want Emily to end up with?
Flag
haha and I also believe he is going to be duped by Charlotte in this season.
Flag
Yes lol I want her to be with him. He still beats all the other studs in the show.
Flag
I want her to end up with Aiden. Way too much has gone down between jemily. Not a realistic option anymore!
Flag
I don't think Sammy ever duped Jack; although he did run away to Emily's house before he died.
Flag
Which goes to show that everyone around him are the bad guys and Jack is the only GOOD one. :D Another reason why Emily should go for the good guy. Although he is too good for her too, at least for now.
Flag
As Nolan so aptly put it, "the elephant in the mansion"? Y does this show give us flank steak and no sizzle? I thought that creator/showrunner was the prob S2...esp when ABC exec vp issued that horrid statement about Kelley's departure. It would have read better if he said- Bye Beeeotch. It is increasingly clear that Emily VC is the true showrunner. The scene where Margaux dropped her dress, the writers did not play with dialogue or innuendo...nothing. He picks up her dress and walks out..huh? Then Aiden touches her hair and she goes all corpsemanda? That head-butt of a kiss btwn Jack and Emily. Whatevs. If real life Emily is dating rl Daniel where is the smoking hot Mr. and Mrs. Smith action? If I want 2C2 men kissing, well nevermind lol.

It seems like there is some Big Secret on set and there is all of this wrap around done thru the writing and production to hide it from the audience. Victoria's gallery scenes were plucked right off the North Shore...masterful. If this is the last season, the talent and production is there to go out on a high note...make it happen.
Flag
Are we to understand that Nolan found out that Patrick is gay from his talk to his ex-wife? I do hope he learned something more....
I can't believe I'm saying that but Jack finally shows some intelligence and might not remain a pointless character.
Daniel is still horribla and Charlotte is useless....
Why the hell did they have to Make Aiden jealous of Jacl? it's not credible that he would risk Emily's trust in him to get rid of the competition...
Flag
I mentioned it elsewhere, but I think it's totally credible that Aiden would risk Emily's trust to get rid of Jack. He is ruled by his emotion far too often (see: the entire Colleen subset of S2) and I think he still has it in his head that he and Emily are meant to be together, so that means A) he'll do whatever he can to eliminate the competition, and B) he's cocky enough to think that he can convince Emily to go with it because it could help her revengenda. Oh and C) he doesn't really understand Emily.
Flag
I think you are super wrong. Aiden is anything but predictable.. Working together to get rid of jack serves both Emily and Aiden. Emily wants to keep jack out of danger.
Flag
All your references to The OC just made me miss those glory days and the comparison further underlined my dislike for every character on this show, apart from Nolan of course. Why am I still watching?
Flag
I do miss that in-control Emily in Season 1, however, I know that Emily should not be in control all the time, it is not realistic even in a story, and might dumb the show’s fun. But I want Emily could control back to his revenge agenda. Emily shall not be in control all the time, neither be out of control all the time.
Flag
I find there to be 0 chemistry between Nolan and Patrick. I wanted to throw up when they kissed. Nolan didn't have chemistry with the guy or woman from last season either. Nolan is too one-dimensional for me.
Flag
I ship Noltrick!
Flag
I really liked Nolan with Padma, but they rushed the storyline so the connection between them seemed forced. I agree about Patrick though, that was just not fun at all to watch.
Flag
Agree. But with Tyler was funny to watch..
Flag
Yeah, he does seem a little "one-man-show" :) He didn't fit with either of the guys/girl so far.
Flag
Nolan & Patrick........that is all <3 ^_^
Flag
Really loved this episode, I do agree they need ot do something with Charlotte. I do love that they involved Jack in the plot! Amazing episode!
Flag
AGREE! I saw Jack thru new eyes when he was at Nolan's party. WOW! He looked amazing!
Flag
He is too short for Emily!!
Flag
THIS Season is sooooo good! this should have been season 2!!! please get rid of Jack he is so annoying and contributes nothing!!! also I'm pissed that Aiden is back :(
Flag
Please get rid of jack for good! Keep it a Daniel vs Aiden showdown
Flag
I thought the info Nolan got from the ex was that he turned out to be gay and she was bitter because he didn't figure it out until after they were married. And then when Nolan tried to make his move and Patrick hesitated I figured that sort of confirmed my theory about the struggle with his sexuality... am I the only one who thought this?
Flag
Staff
I think there's more to it than that. We already saw the hints of him being gay, or at least interested in Nolan, last week. There's no way that was all she told him.
Flag
Agreed. How fast do you think they're going to let this storyline burn?
Flag
I thought it was pretty obvious from the start that Patrick is gay. I mean, look at him - stereotypical look.
Flag
I think Patrick is a con srtist and Nolan knows that Patrick'll pretend to be gay if that's what it takes.
Flag
Patrick may pretend to be many things, but I don't think his sexuality is an act - after all, that was Tyler's trope in S1 and I doubt the showrunners would really want to repeat that.
Flag
You aren't alone, that's exactly what I thought too.
Flag
So now Revenge wants to make me believe that Jack knows "people" and can get "useful" intel?

N'importe quoi!
Flag
Staff
I totally believe Jack knows a mechanic.
Flag
Actually loved it. Charlotte is still meh, but this episode was a step in the right direction for everything else!
The only thing thats bothering me is how Emily reacted to Daniel giving her statement to the police. It is totally out of character for her to turn around and do something vindictive so rashly; when everything she has ever done for the past 2 years has been meticulously thought through and planned to a t. And the fact that it was so out of character ended up annoying me for the rest of the episode.
Loved Vicky's little takedown of her own; and I especially loved how she barely locked the door of the Gallery she is now in charge of after she closed up for the night. Incredibly trusting of her fellow Hamptonites, is our Vicky.
Still incredibly disturbed by how incestuous and sexually charged the Victoria-Patrick relationship is; twice while watching I expected them to kiss. *puke*
Aiden is a gobshite, but we already knew that, so him trying to blame Conrad's accident on Jack is just what I expect from him. I also like how this might take Jack out of the picture, because he is a horrible character, and he and Emily do NOT belong together.
Not sure where they are going with Daniel's character, it seems they are creating friction between them for no reason. It seems that Daniel is harbouring some resentment over something we don't know about.
Not sure what's happening, but Nolan is SO HOT this season! Don't trust Patrick as far as I can throw him, so am not loving their hookup so much.
More+
Flag
I liked your whole comment but seriously, "gobshite" - you're my favorite person today.

I thought I was the only one expecting Victoria and Patrick to cross some seriously twisted lines!
Flag
Why are you so quick to say it wasn't Daniel that tampered with the brakes? Maybe he just helped keep the Grayson name clean because Conrad didn't die like he wanted; so if he actually did mess with the brakes he'd be covering his own tail by saying "But if I did it why would I keep helping my father?" This episode felt fresh and I enjoyed it. By clearing the slate again it opens up new windows for opportunity. For some reason I think Victoria's new gallery will come into play. Maybe Emily will burn it down like Mason Treadwell's house!!!! And I liked the fact that she revealed to Jack that she plans to take down the Grayson's at her wedding. Even though we were set with a timetable of "by the end of summer" now we have an exact point, and we know in the very near future (before she gets shot) something big is going to happen.
Flag
Best episode of the season so far! The story feels fresher than it has since the end of season one and I think we're in for quite a ride!
Flag
Patrick and Nolan can't ...handle... so much hotness in one scene *melting down*
So Conrad is back b*tches! Loved the whole "master of the house" phrase, very appropiate.
I laughed so hard when Kaitlin compared Charlotte with Marissa and Aidan with Ryan.
Emily you need better revenge partners/ex-boyfriends cause Aidan sucks.
Flag
Aiden and Jack are an interesting source of conflict for Emily. They both inspire serious feelings, and they both have incredible potential to bring everything to the ground for Emily - Aiden, because he can't control his emotions enough to really help Emily, and Jack because he has his own revengenda and (at this point) is only invested in working with Emily as long as their paths run parallel.

Kaitlin has tons of fun references, it's why I love to read her writing so much (even if I have to ask her about most of them, I'm a terrible TV fan.)
Flag
Aiden is the best and jack Rlly sucks they should just kill him off
Flag
Great review and episode, but still, I miss the O.C.
Flag
My main suspect (and honestly I don't care who is trying to kill Conrad because he cannot apparently die) is actually Daniel. He wants to be free of the bad associated with Conrad, he knew Conrad was going to confess about David Clarke, and he figured Conrad was going to die anyway from the Huntington's. Plus, Daniel's been a little off since he came back from shooting Aiden.

Aiden, sigh, I have been one of your bigger supporters. I feel like when you aren't a selfish idiot, and Emily isn't totally consumed with her mission and you both put this all aside, I actually think you are both perfect for each other. I've never been a Jack fan and figured there is no way that the totally emotionally damaged Emily would be good for him and Emily has to let go of childish dreams. But Aiden, the more you act like Regina George....I know you are going to go and get me on your side again by helping Nolan out some way, but seriously...

I do like Patrick and Nolan but still, I guess I am not positive he actually is the baby Victoria gave up. But I am not sure of his end game and I am not sure he actually is manipulated by Victoria's "Daniel and Charlotte wouldn't do that for me" thing. Nolan better protect his heart because if it is broken one more time, he likely can't be Emily's conscience anymore.
More+
Flag
I am also a huge supporter of Aiden and I believe there is more behind him setting jack up then it seems Emily might want him gone to keep him safe
Flag
I think Aiden knows he can sell that to Emily and it is partially his motivation, that Jack's safety distracts Emily and she likely can't take any other innocent bystanders getting hurt, but I think his main motivation is probably jealously. I just sense this is being done without talking about it with Emily or Nolan and he is just going to fill them in later. I am just currently reading two series where the male lead does this and luckily in both the male lead and female lead have argued this issue out.
Flag
I don't know how I feel about Conrad as a cartoon villain. My favorite moments with him last season were during the finale when he revealed just how involved in the "Initiative" he was and how black his heart really is. I felt like I could finally take him seriously, and it made his crisis of conscience over the last two episodes even more moving. I hope he doesn't turn into a caricature of himself, even if his swagger does take up half the manor.

Also, I have a huge sneaking suspicion that "Patrick" isn't really, ahem, Patrick.
Flag
Staff
Oh, I'm fairly certain he isn't. The first thing I'd have done when he appeared was like, "OH YEAH, LET'S GO GET A DNA TEST, PERSON WHO MIGHT BE OUT TO HARM ME.
Flag
Serious misstep on Queen V's part, though to be fair she's always had a huge blind spot where any of her children are concerned. At this point she's either playing toward an AMAZING endgame or she's so distracted by the rest of her life falling apart that she's clinging to the idea that her firstborn can save her.
Flag
GOH! Justin Hartley shows up at my door, I would let him in and then NAIL IT SHUT! LOL
Flag
You know whos going to shoot Emily in the end? I bet it's Nolan.
Flag
Staff
I would cry for days.
Flag
Just out of curiosity, if Nolan does shoot Emily would you keep doing the "Nolan's Best Outfit of the Episode" bit? Or would you be too distraught?
Flag
Staff
I'd be very sad, but nothing comes between me and Nolan's fashion choices.
Flag
I admire your commitment.
Flag
Possibly, but I think only if it's a setup. No matter how he feels about Emily - and there have been times that he really doesn't like her - his greater loyalty is to David and so he won't work against her. That said, I'm convinced she won't die in that episode but her death would be an interesting way to close out the series...
Flag
I've always thought that Emily's revenge would end with her death. And I imagine it will be very Les Miserables-like with her entering heaven and her father, Amanda, and Sammy being there (maybe Declan and whoever else gets killed along the way) with cheesy music in the background and a glowing yellow/white light. If it ended like that I would be completely ok with it!
Flag
Ha. I like you. At the very least, I hope if she does die that she gets to have peace in that moment.
Flag
Sounds a lot like Lost to me.
Flag
Except amanda killed how many again?
Flag
Aiden, Aiden, Aiden... What were you thinking? Framing Emily's childhood beau won't make her fall in love with you... I do hope you've though this through.

No, Nolan!!!! I know Patrick is really attractive, but don't you go falling for him! He's bound to have a revenge plot of his own!
Flag
Aiden has a plan I don't think it was as bad as it looked he would never betray her
Flag
ah Im sorry but I have to say it again: Im REALLY pissed off. What are they doing with Daniel and Aiden? oh... let me guess. They are ruining them,...hardcore..unbelievable...why you ask yourself? Because they want us to say: Yes Jack is the only one for Emily. I hate that. I mean Daniel should tell Emily why he does stuff and he should be the nice guy again. I dont wanna hate him - but thats what the writers want. And Aiden? I like Aiden.. but of course he is doing the crazy jealous trip now so we can get him out of the scene so her prince charming can come in... so annoying. We are not stupid writers.

Otherwise good episode ( Thank god ) Im shocked about Vicky.. well a bit. Poor other woman that was her shop, her work and she just takes it? thats pretty mean even for her

Flag
I wasn't terribly shocked about Queen V - yes, that was Sheila's gallery and work, but Victoria is a master of finding and exploiting weaknesses and she had Sheila's number on this one.

I really don't like Daniel's behavior right now - like, even for him it's ridiculous. If he keeps up with the whole "king of the castle" routine he's going to end up floating off the shore, and it's too bad because even when he foolishly sided with his family there was still this desire to be good that made you root for him. Now...well, I wish Emily had slapped him for real instead of just in print.
Flag

keeps getting better and better... kudos.
Flag
My main thought...Aiden, Aiden, Aiden...and then, wait, did I miss the rest of Nolan's conversation with Patrick's ex wife? Is the fact that he is bi sexual or gay why she was so mad or his adeptness at conning? And if two, Nolan, what are you doing!!!

I haven't any idea who tried to kill Conrad..the easier guess would be who didn't. I actually think the three people we can cross off are Emily, Jack and Aiden. Then Nolan wouldn't know what to do. I have doubt that Charlotte would either. And right now Victoria thinks of Aiden as her Frank so even though she issued the exact same threat to Conrad that he did before he blew up the plane...so, I am actually going to guess Daniel. He figured his father was going to die soon. He wants to make his own name in the business world. His mother is twisting in the wind because of Conrad. Charlotte won't show up to family stuff because of Conrad. So, yeah, Daniel is my guess.
Flag
1. Victoria's takedown of Sheila was awesome to watch.
2. Daniel needs to grow the hell up, but so does Emily - that tit for tat statement was beneath her, though I totally get her frustration at his sudden "man of the house" routine.
3. I think Patrick, at Victoria's suggestion, tried to kill Conrad. If it's Charlotte I'll be pissed, her milieu this season has been "whine whine self-pity I'm so mad at Emily for whatever reason whine blah blah blah" and I'm sick of her. They need to woman her up and let her do something besides passive-aggressively finish Emily's wedding invitations.
4. How far is Jack going to get involved in the revengenda? I rather like it, seems fitting.
5. Aiden needs to see point 2 and grow the hell up. There's no reason to put Jack in danger - again - just because he's jealous that Ems told him the truth. Unless he really is covering for himself, which I doubt because I believe up to this point he really was trying to help Ems finish things her way.
6. Patrolan was interesting. I want to know what Nolan found out and how he's going to use it. But we don't need to see the ex-wife again, that's just too much.
7. Kaitlin, you'd better be awake and writing. I bet the sun's already shining!
More+
Flag
Staff
I've been really busy with choir, okay? The review will be up ASAP! (That's code for I'm having trouble deciding which of Nolan's outfits was the best last night.)
Flag
"I think Patrick, at Victoria's suggestion, tried to kill Conrad. If it's Charlotte I'll be pissed, her milieu this season has been "whine whine self-pity I'm so mad at Emily for whatever reason whine blah blah blah" and I'm sick of her. They need to woman her up and let her do something besides passive-aggressively finish Emily's wedding invitations."

ha-ha!

Flag
I now ship Nolan with his laptop :) What to say about the episode?It was a restart episode that nullified the things that happened in the first three episodes.
Flag
So... where is this going now? I loved the first few episodes of the season, because I felt like it was going to be "focused" again (though not sure why I thought that now...) and now everything went up in flames and there are new blah characters getting introduced like Patrick's ex-wife or what ever, and they don't really have anything to do with Emily and the Greysons. Also, Aidan is a beautiful man indeed, but..... he just seems to take up space. What is his function???? (Same for Charlotte, but at least she's related to people important to the story.)

Patrolan though.... wow! Even with a charisma blackhole like Patrick partaking in that kiss, it was still the kiss to end if not all then lots of kisses!

I also love that Emily and Victoria have stopped with the passive aggressive fake niceness and are now just taking direct jabs at each other. Still with fake smiles and fancy clothes at fancy parties, of course. I think that no matter how bad this show gets, I will still enjoy Victoria's "conversations" with others. It is always filled with ridiculous things, threats, passive aggressive jabs or even "jokes" almost?? Those certainly haven't gone down in quality, even if the overall story of the show may have...

Also, WTF was with last week's promo? Making it seem like this episode would somehow be about "the three men in Emily's life"? Yeh no.
More+
Flag
I am hoping that Patrick's x is a total firestarter! Rem her from CrimMinds? She played the "Daddy's little girl" killer- WOW!

I agree, the show is all over the place. The last time we were here enter "The Initiative" if they introduce another covert group of assassins - that's it! However, in the meantime, Justin Hartley is the best painkiller on TV.
Flag
I wonder if Patrick and the ex had any children?
Flag
"Same for Charlotte, but at least she's related to people important to the story."

That doesn't make her relevant now does it? If anything, she's the new Ashley.
Flag
Yeah no it absolutely does not make her relevant. Has she ever really been relevant? I think her biggest function in season 1 was to find "the body of not-Daniel" at that party where the women wore red.
Flag
This show is the antithesis of "Breaking Bad," which knew where it wanted to go, while "Revenge" has no clue what direction to go, it just continuously spins it's wheels.
Flag
I'd say Dexter's last season was the antithesis of BB. When you look at last season v last season anyway.
Flag
I know there are so many people who don't like the idea of Emily and Jack being together but I am not one of them! I so want this to happen and I want it to happen NOW! I'm getting bored with stupid Daniel and mooning Aiden.
I am conflicted about Nolan and Patrick. Nolan has been so unlucky in love already and Patrick seems very devious. Don't let lovely Nolan get hurt again.
I was confused as to which pair of lips I felt jealous of when they kissed - lol!!
Also I wish someone would just slap bitchy Charlotte...
Flag
UR2Cute- Nolan getting hurt. I do not believe Jack and Emily will get 2gether b/c real-life Emily and Daniel r dating. I was so going to ditch this show, with the addition of Justin Hartley- I will be around until the last moment of the last episode...oh yeah!!
Flag
What does the fact that they're dating in real life have to do with what the writers do with the characters on the show? They're professional actors. They're not going to keep Emily and Daniel together just because the actors are together.
Flag
Oh Alice...how deep does the rabbit hole go?
Flag
It seems thus far the people on here only liked it for the Nolan kiss. But if you look at the episode as a whole it was terrible. I now like Victoria more than Emily. She isnt doing anything. I'm tired of her failed attempts to enact revenge. Aiden is the only upside of this show for me....man he is gorgeous.
Flag
"exact", I'm thinking.....
Flag
Also, they need to change Nolan's wardrobe. He was practically wearing booty shorts in one scene, and the scarf during the summer????? During the day????
Flag
Never! They must never change Nolan's fashions! Fashion is not always practical, his outfits are amazing.
Flag
Hm, not sure how I feel about Patrick and Nolan "getting together". It might interfere with Emily's revenge agenda.

Aiden is still quite annoying, and so is Charlotte. I swear her mistreatment of Emily is starting to get on my nerves. One more dirty look from her, and that's it!~ I'm stepping inside my TV and giving her a good beating! lol <

Daniel was being his usual douchey-self. Nothing new here...

I'm very unhappy with the way Conrad's storyline played out. I was hoping that he would finally confess and end up in prison. That would be at least a step in the right direction. After all the show is called "Revenge" for a reason. The Greysons never getting punished for anything is just redundant.

On a scale of 1 to 10, I'd give this one a solid 4. Here is hoping that the next episode improves.

*ps. Was this a filler? It felt like a filler.
pss. So who in the world tried to kill Conrad anyway? (Patrick maybe, is that a possibility?)
Flag
I'll go and say Victoria but maybe that's too obvious.
Flag
She doesn't have a motive though. Charlotte and Patrick on the other hand, they both hate him. ^
Flag
This comment has been removed.
Flag
I think it was Charlotte and that's probably supposed to be a shocking twist. Patrick would be even less of a shock. Also I think that the Graysons will frame Jack to save Charlotte's ass.
Flag
Also it can be Aiden. Aiden has some secret not jealousy-dickish reason for framing Jack.
Flag
Plus Points:
+ Victoria's own mini revengenda was kinda awesome
+ More Patrolan plz!
+ I know Daniel has been kinda a jerk recently, but I kinda feel like he deserves to be.
+ Is it me or is the show's pacing just a bit tighter this season?

Hrmmm:
- So ... is Aidan a complete wildcard now or what?
- Given that Patrick just risked jail setting up that sting for Victoria, I kinda wonder if Patrick + Nolan isn't a play on Victoria's part also ...
- I refuse to call Patrolan "Nolick."
Flag
Patrolan. So good (and I'm not usually one for these truncations, nor for Patrick as a character so far, but still).
Flag
Agree I love 'Patrolan'. But it while Patrick may be setting something up for Victoria, Nolan is probably doing the same for Emily. Nolan can be manipulative as well, and I think he's enjoy getting a little pleasure out of his manipulation as well.
Flag
True, Nolan for all his involvement in revengeism has not really been manipulating people so far (though acquiesced to it, of course). After everything he's been through I think this is an interesting side to see of him!
Flag
Aiden is so unnecessary ^ :)

He's merely a plot device, nothing more, nothing less.
Flag
Agree, But I have a feeling he's going to be the death of season..
Flag
I will stop watching if they kill of aiden they kept him around this season when they could of killed him off when he was shot by Daniel but they didn't he is Emily's perfect match
Flag
Well, on another hand, a lot of people will stay happy if to die. I hope he's the death of S3.
Flag
I watched this over the walking dead shrugs
Flag
Nolick is happening! Quicker than I expected honestly lol Demily seems to be crumbling, Aiden continues to be Aiden (aka annoying, but his craziness makes me have a love/hate thing going on with him), and they got rid of the Huntington's thing tonight! Which I'm surprised about, but glad they did because they wouldn't be able to keep doing it for so long! Should be interesting to see where things go!
Flag
OMG!!!!! Nolan and Patrick, so hot and steamy!!!!!
Flag
So gross and icky!
Flag
WHAT ABOUT THE EPISODE !?!?! It sucked...this is turning out like Heroes,where everyone just flip-flops from bad to good,from good to bad,etc.
Flag
Love love LOVED the Nolan/Patrick kiss!
I just hope this love interest isn't out to betray him.
Fingers crossed.

As for the rest ... Daniel is really turning out to be his parents kid isn't he?
And Jack ... one day he's saying he's gonna out Ems if she doesn't finish this whole thing ASAP, and he's saying he wants her out of his life for the safety of his child ... the next day he pushes his way into Ems revengenda and says he wants to be the one to turn Conrad in. Make up your mind guy!
Flag
I think Daniel and Jack are terrible this season. I was actually enjoying Jack in the first two episodes, he seemed angrier and more likely to stand up for himself, but now he's all over the place. Daniel is turning out terrible, so entitled and snooty and selfish. His parents' son indeed :(
Flag
I know he is constantly changing his mind it is anoyoing.
Flag
Follow this Show
Members