ABC's soapy drama Revenge may've made a few missteps during its sophomore season, and Sunday's Season 3 premiere may've only partially attempted to right some of the show's recent wrongs. But no matter what's going on with the plot, there's always been one constant in the Hamptons, one bright spot that's never wavered in the face of the Initiative or Victoria's icy stare: Nolan Ross's wardrobe.
In Season 1, Nolan was all about excess—more hair, more layers, more popped collars. In Season 2, the show scaled back a bit on his eye-catching outfits while taking the crazy up to 11 everywhere else, and yet the dude still managed to steal every scene with his immaculate fashion sense (and sometimes his abs). So far, it seems that Mr. Ross will only increase his sartorial excellence in Season 3; after all, he kicked things off by arriving at the annual Memorial Day shindig via parachute, clad in a tear-away jumpsuit that concealed a classic Ross ensemble underneath. (I only wished we'd gotten a flashback to Nolan's time in prison; imagine what he could have done with prison orange!) So in honor of Revenge's return, I've collected Nolan's best looks to date; here's hoping they only get crazier from here.
10. Gentleman in red in "Reckoning" (Season 1, Episode 22)
Rockin' the matching-red-pants-and-pocket-square look.
9. Crustaceans on a cardigan in"Doubt" (Season 1, Episode 17)
It takes a certain kind of man to wear lobsters on his chest. Respect.
8. Just a pink polo and some kicky madras shorts, NBD, in "Loyalty" (Season 1, Episode 10)
Proving that even casual wear can be stylish.
7. Blazin' paisley in "Engagement" (Season 2, Episode 20)
Nolan sure does love a good pattern. Do you think he made the jacket himself, from his grandmother's sofa?
6. A study in black and white in "Fear" (Season 3, Episode 1)
Warning: Do not attempt this at home. Only Nolan Ross can pull off this look without looking like a douche.
5. The prince of classy neutral prints in "Retribution" (Season 2, Episode 15)
Now that's what you wear to officiate a beach wedding.
4. Collars for days in "Intrigue" (Season 1, Episode 6)
Even his themed ensembles blow everyone else's out of the water.
3. Full lobstah jacket in "Identity" (Season 2, Episode 19)
Where does Nolan find these lobster-emblazoned getups? Does he have them made specially? Is the lobster Nolan's spirit animal and he's expressing this through fashion?
2. Put your white pants in your piped sportcoat and smoke it "Revelations" (Season 2, Episode 9)
Not many men can pull off the white pants, but they're just as much a staple of Nolan's wardrobe as the popped collar and the pocket square.
1. Shine bright like a perfectly coordinated diamond-print sweater in "Grief" (Season 1, Episode 21)
A two-toned popped collar, a colorful crewneck, a bright pink gingham pocket square, and a blazer? Simply the best.
Those are my favorites, but what are yours? Feel free to share your own in the comments!