A Revenge Community
ABC (ended 2015)

Revenge S03E14: "Payback"

LOL this show. I spent most of Revenge's first episode back from hiatus collecting evidence that would prove Emily is currently possessed by a trickster spirit known as a nogitsune. If you've been watching Teen Wolf this season, you know exactly what I'm talking about. The most obvious example to support this hypothesis are the blackouts that Emily is currently suffering from. They're now happening more frequently and lasting for longer periods of time. Her world is dissolving even further into chaos created by pain, which is what the nogitsune feeds on. And further more, she's planting evidence and leaving clues during these blackouts that could potentially lead to the demise of someone she holds dear, just like Stiles on Teen Wolf! Are we sure we want to rule out supernatural causes, guys, because I think we can make a real case here. 

Fine. Emily isn't possessed by a nogitsune, but something is definitely wrong with her, and it's looking more and more like she's suffering a psychotic break similar to what happened to her own mother when Emily was a young girl. This is probably the best explanation we could hope for, because it could potentially lead to a return appearance for Jennifer Jason Leigh, whose storyline was horribly mangled in the mess of Season 2. But it also provides a real answer for Emily's own breakdown, and means the shooting was not the cause. There's the constant worry, however, that Revenge will somehow screw this up.

Right now, Emily's blackouts serve as a reminder of just how dangerous this entire situation actually is, especially now that she's taken up residence at Grayson Manor. For two-and-a-half seasons, Emily has been living a double life, and now the show has taken that idea and turned it sideways so that Emily is actually two different people. She's no longer just Amanda Clarke pretending to be Emily Thorne, but a different person entirely. She has no control over that side of herself—she comes and goes whenever she feels like it—and no recollection of what happens during those blackouts. But we know she planted Takeda's sword in Aiden's room so Niko could find it. She lashed out at Nolan (oh no you didn't, girl), and now she's lured Stevie Grayson—Conrad's first wife—to the Hamptons with a story about wanting to divorce Daniel (and yes, we will get to Stevie and her little bombshell in a minute).

It doesn't matter if this new version of Emily—who we'll call Blackout Emily for the sake of my sanity—really does want to end her marriage to DannyBoy, because that cannot happen. It would give Daniel exactly what he wants and ruin two-and-a-half seasons of work on Emily's part. Blackout Emily is leaving a trail of chaos in her wake, and there's nothing Emily can do about it. And to make matters worse, Blackout Emily appears to be in cahoots with Conrad—CONRAD!—and Daniel's on to her thanks to a chatty bellhop at the Southfork Inn. How long will Emily be able to hide this dual personality from everyone? And just how long until Blackout Emily spills the beans on Operation Revenge, because she's already given Stevie the impression she's in love with someone else? 

I'm not particularly thrilled with this blackout storyline, to be honest, but it has definitely shaken up a series that was desperately in need of a makeover, and for that I am grateful. I've not been shy in voicing my concerns over the staleness of Emily's revengenda of late, but I'm hesitant to call this a triumph just yet. The idea that the writers are presenting is an interesting one: Emily has made it her life's mission to destroy the Graysons, but with this development, all of her carefully laid plans are weakened at the foundation. Instead of an outsider threatening to tear it all down, though, it's Emily herself. She's her own worst enemy at this point, and what's Emily's purpose if she cannot trust herself to complete the mission? But those questions aren't what worries me about this particular road. The show's biggest problem is that it's difficult to tell if this is the series playing the soap card, or if it's really attempting a commentary on identity and the perils of living a double life. And that's always been one of Revenge's biggest problems; It wants to tell this great sweeping story, but it's also a soap and sometimes struggles to mesh the pieces together in a coherent and meaningful way.

Which brings me to Stevie and her episode-ending knowledge bomb that she's Jack's mother. I'm sorry, you're what now, lady? You don't get to just stroll into the Hamptons, exchange a few sharp barbs with Victoria, and then drop a paternity bombshell like that. This development is ludicrous and yet it's still not that surprising given how happy Jack's been lately. After all, it's an established fact that happy people cannot exist in this version of the Hamptons. But this storyline also provides Stevie with a reason to stay in the Hamptons beyond the fact that she's the real owner of Grayson Manor. 

The real question however, is if Stevie is Jack's mother, did she have an affair with Carl Sr. or is Jack a Grayson born from the fruit of both Stevie and Conrad's loins? *shudder* The world definitely does not need more Graysons, guys. They can't even find good storylines for the ones they've got. Charlotte isn't even a person at this point. She exists solely as a prop in everyone else's storylines. Her birthday party in "Payback" was not about celebrating her birth, or about Daniel being an awesome big brother, but rather an easy way to bring the rest of the characters together and an even easier way to secure Charlotte a position at Voulez. Which, by the way, might make sense on opposite day, but I would hire exactly zero Graysons if I ran a company. I've given up on waiting for the writers to make Charlotte relevant. She'll exist as long as the rest of the Graysons exist, but she'll never carry a storyline of her own, especially not one that's meaningful. And Jack's been suffering similarly lately, and I worry that this new bombshell is just a way for the writers to bring him back into the fold. 

"Payback" wasn't the best or most exciting episode of Revenge, guys. It was more of a combination clean up/setup episode. It took out the trash—bye Niko, I'll miss your taste in Pier 1 Imports candles and our shared desire to see Aiden dead—while also setting the stage for the rest of Season 3—Emily's battle against her own deteriorating mental health. There was also the matter of Victoria's rape and Patrick hiring said rapist as the contractor for the gallery because he wanted to meet his father. This entire storyline was poorly handled, in my opinion, and I don't think I can even stomach all the ways in which Revenge failed women in this storyline. Jimmy was the monster Vee said he was, but I suffer from my own rage blackouts when anyone—even if it's just the rapist—says the victim was asking to be raped or that it was consensual, so let's just skip over that and to the part where Patrick has now killed two people for his mother, and is still barely more than a sketch of a character. If the writers want us to care about this storyline, or about Patrick at all, they're going to need to start filling in some of his shading. The same can also be said for Emily's blackouts. Right now they're a threat to her mission, but if they're going to be meaningful, they need to lead to more than just a soapy twist. As long as the series uses them to tell a deeper story about Emily, then they're a welcome addition to a shaky season. If not, they should probably pack their bags with Victoria and find a new place to live.

NOTES

– Seriously, Niko, was there a sale on candles? Otherwise, I cannot make sense of why you bought so many. I wasn't even watching the fight between Emily and Niko in that scene because all I could think was, "OH MY GOD, THERE IS SO MUCH FIRE RIGHT NOW. WHO THOUGHT THIS WAS A GOOD IDEA?"

– When Victoria asked Emily where she came from, "Cotton-Eyed Joe" began playing on a loop in my brain. And now it's stuck in your head. YOU'RE WELCOME.

– Charlotte still doesn't know her half-brother is responsible for shooting her half-sister. And she still doesn't know Emily is her half-sister. Sigh. 

– I think it's a whole bunch of bullshit that Stevie's the real owner of Grayson Manor and is evicting Vee, but I also really like Stevie and what her presence in the Hamptons is doing to Victoria. Why did Conrad ever divorce her? She's sassy and amazing. Do you like her?

What did you think of "Payback"?

thekaitling:list:revenge-what-did-you-think-of-payback/

Previously Aired Episode

AIRED ON 5/10/2015

Season 4 : Episode 23

82 Comments
Comments (82)
Submit
Sort: Latest | Popular
maybe they pull a ,,Homeland" Thing on us and after 5 more episodes the writers say: haha we were joking it was all a dream of Emily ;)
Flag
I would LAUGH SOOO MUCH if Emily would fu** up her own plans cause she is schizophrenic now.... haha
and if poor poor Little Jack finds out he is a Grayson - I would laugh aswell. He probably kills himself after finding out cause he cant look at himself in the mirror anymore ( he might Smash one and then cut himself by mistake - who knows - if that happens I get 100 Points ;) )
Flag
Yeah, schizophrenia and suicide are such hilarious topics..............
Flag
yeah cause thats what I meant... we are talking about a TV Show here not real life u know
Flag
I wouldn't be surprised to discover that Emily is being drugged. After all, she is living (and presumably eating and drinking) at Grayson Manor, so it would be easy for her to be poisoned. That would be much easier to resolve than trying to cure the chronic mental illness that resulted in her mother's psychotic break and subsequent 20 year hospitalization.
Flag
Love Aidan's attitude in this episode "Love you,but i won't let you to play with me"!
Flag
I was quite surprised to find a new episode of Revenge on Hulu last night and I am glad it did not disappoint! I do like a lot of the elements and twist they have incorporated, like Blackout Emily but some things like Stevie being Jack's mother, are just so obvious from the start. The thing I like about Stevie is that she doesn't seem to be a devilish as everyone else in the Hamptons and is more likable. Can't wait to see where everything ends up!
Flag
LOVE this show so much! Such soapy drama!

Happy to see Niko lose and hopefully this will be the last we see of her. Also glad to see Aiden leave after being a cheater.

I wonder what is causing the blackouts, since she said it wasn't the swelling causing it. Is she really getting crazy like her mother? I hope not. I hope someone is drugging her instead or something.

I like the introduction of Stevie, she was great, although I found the moment where she told Jack she was his mother to be really LOL-worthy. That is 100% soap.

Margaux seemed to apologize to Daniel, as if she meant it. I hope she will end up having an affair with him so that Jack can get rid of her once he finds out, which would mean he lost one more thing to a Grayson, and then he could team up with Emily instead to take them down. Yes, the shipping is still going strong!

Patrick is an a-hole. I don't even feel sorry for that man after he died, I felt more sorry for Victoria.

I want Charlotte to not be kept in the dark anymore. Poor girl. Time for her to be let in on the truth before she turns into Victoria completely.
More+
Flag
It'd be crazy if Jack wasn't Stevie's son, but Declan was. It would make more sense (maybe Mrs Porter left because of it), AND it would mean there were weird incest levels going on (not too bad, more like The OC marriage kerfuffle kind of incest, remember that time Ryan dated his Step-aunt? Lol). Basically I think Charlotte would've dated her step-step-brother? If I've worked that correctly? Because she's a product of David Clark and Victoria, while Declan would be a product of Stevie Grayson and Mr. Porter. Right?

Lol this show.
Flag
I've always wondered about the Daniel/Emily probable incest deal. Since Charlotte is Emily's half sister and Daniel is Charlotte's half brother, wouldn't that make Emily and Daniel some sort of relatives to each other?
Flag
No
Flag
Well, they failed the first rule of television - ENTERTAINMENT - this episode and the entire season are just pure depression. They (whomever they are?) have lost sight of the 1st season premise - REVENGE - too bad they haven't a clue how to fix it!
Flag
Thank you for the ups!
Flag
OMG!! Two months waiting for this?? The episode was ludicrous!! I don't know how the actors can act with straight faces to these scripts!! Are the writers messing with us? Like when Aiden is able to untie himself ONLY when Emily shows up and she and Niko are fighting? I imagine the writers laughing at us when they plot this twists and turns... Seriously hope that the show gets canceled.
Flag
maybe they pull a ,,Homeland" Thing on us and after 5 more episodes the writers say: haha we were joking it was all a dream of Emily ;)
Flag
i love this show but it's so confusing atm that i just watch it and don't care about understanding what's happening... but yeah, stevie was an awesome addition to it! :)
Flag
wtf... 2 months... for THIS?! seriously?! what are they even doing... i was so excited but this show is losing me now! i put up with all the crazy nonsense and soapyness and defended it, but that "cliffhanger" was beyond ridiculous. SO ridiculous it's not exciting anymore, it's vomit inducing and making me want to stop watching the show until it gets better - or stop watching it all together.

disappointed.
Flag
Where's the "Nolan Outfit of the Episode" bit?! That's about the only thing I look forward to on the reviews.
Flag
"LOL this show."

I concur. Because of the way Stevie looked at Jack during the episode, I knew what was coming when she entered the bar at the end. And when she finally said she was his mother, I LOLed.

The way this show is going with these soapy reveals about family ties, I will put money on the following plot twists:

1) We don't know who Nolan's mother is yet, so he is probably also the child of Stevie, making him Jack's half-brother. His dad is known as Edward, but will be revealed to be David Clarke, making him also the half-brother of Emily, and explaining their bond.
2) There is still at least one sibling out there that we don't know of, probably a maternal half-sister of Emily's.
3) At least one character who is presumed dead is actually still alive, probably Sammy. Dogs are really convincing when it comes to playing dead.
Flag
Thank you so much for the laugh :)
Flag
Apparently the show should be on Telemundo now.
Wow did they slaughter this formerly awesome show.
Flag
This episode was disappointing but quite okay compared to the OUAT madness. At least, the Revenge writers embrace their soapiness and serve us with so much crazy twists and turns it almost gets funny. The rapist's death, Emily's blackouts, Conrad's ex-wife being Jack's mother?! Wow they just go with the flow and give it to us straight, it's nice! Of course there were a lot of flaws like this whole Niko being so determined but giving up very easily (what was up with all those candles???!) and Margaux and Patrick still being there and being useless but it was quite okay. It's too bad Charlotte always is the last one to know the truth and always gets played so easily. I hope she'll have some storylines of her own in the future :)
Flag
Can't wait to find out that Emily and Nolan are really sister and brother. I've said that since Season 1...
Flag
Won't happen.
Flag
As of this episode, or perhaps a long time ago, it is clear to me that Revenge can no longer be seen as a guilty pleasure, seeing that all the pleasure's been drained out of it. It is just plain daft.
Flag
That "Relax honey" line by Victoria was probably the eeriest thing the show has ever done. And it was brilliant. As was this episode in my opinion. Revenge to me is a beautiful, beautiful mess. And I can't get enough of it, it's a nice escape on a Sunday night. I like the blackouts, rather than having other people jeopardize her plan/life, she's doing it herself? That puts a whole new spin on the show and that storyline has a ton of potential. If they could somehow bring Emily's mother back into the fold that would be great. There wasn't much closure when she left. Now on to Charlotte. I really want to know where she stands if the truth of the shooting were to ever come out. She's obviously still supporting Daniel, but she also seems to be going fine with Conrad even though she thinks his mistress just shot her sister-in-law. The truth of that has to come out at some point and for some reason I think Charlotte will be a key player in whatever side she decides to go with. And if Emily really is working with Conrad I really wouldn't mind that either. It sets up an interesting premise and has potential. Victoria and Daniel against Emily and Conrad? That would make for a great fight. Obviously Aiden and Nolan will always be on Emily's side, but having the enemy as an ally puts this war on a whole new playing field. Now about Stevie. I wonder what they're going to do with her and her little bombshell. She seems like the kind of person that could handle a Grayson war, but it seems as though Jack will want to keep her away from all of that. It should be interesting to watch. So happy Revenge is back and I can't wait to see what the rest of this season has to offer!!!
More+
Flag
What would be cool is if during one of her blackouts we as an audience was what she was doing, and then watched here try to remember
Flag
This show just went completely insane.

Patrick, loose cannon and MORON. Get him gone. NOW!

Victoria needs her chair back. I believe it had superpowers and she is really in need of them now. I still don't buy her sob story about having been raped. I think she was lying because she needed Patrick to feel sorry for her. I said it then and I'm saying it now.

Stevie...I like her :)

Daniel....just toss him. He's not doing anything except displaying poor acting skills.

Stevie is Jacks mother? OMG WOW! Yeah that was a shocker. All this time princess Victoria has been going on about her son Daniel and how important he is.....she clearly knows she didn't give birth to him so.....

Blackouts? Really? That's the best the writers could do?

I end another week of TV just irritated.
Flag
The biggest blow against your Nogistune argument is that Stiles has been more and more looking like a junkie from the sheer lack of sleep he has gotten. Emily has done some of her most elaborate hair styles (I'm sorry but mussed beach hair is hard!) and eye make up of the series (again, eyeliner is hard!! some may say that on Teen Wolf too because Stiles has been looking rough).

One point for Aiden, though, he pretty much rolled his eyes at first when hearing about the blackouts.

I was taken aback with the Jack's mother story. It makes me curious though, we've established that Jack is a couple, maybe two, years older than Emily. I haven't a clue how old Daniel is, but say he is four years younger than Jack (figuring he was finished with an MBA program when we first met him...I think, and I imagine he didn't just take four years to finish undergrad). Now, as I understand it, Conrad and Stevie have at least a son together and Victoria was pregnant with Daniel when they married which was just after the divorce. So, I guess my point is, didn't Conrad notice she was pregnant?
More+
Flag
They rewrite history with abandon.
The official character bio for Charlotte at the ABC site used to call Charlotte "youngest daughter of the Grayson clan" and that has disappeared.
A first-marriage son for Conrad was supposedly cast but never appeared.
Conrad's father said on screen that he started the company and was chairman of the board and his existence is now ignored while the website calls Conrad founder.
Flag
Staff
Yes, you're right, Emily seems to be getting plenty of sleep, which definitely goes against my nogitsune theory. Crap. Well, I tried.
Flag
I'll miss Niko. She was one of the few newbies I liked and I was hoping her exit would coincie with Aiden's
Flag
Its getting worse... How is that even possible
Flag
Exactly my thought, they've even played the bastard child card for the third time. I THINK THAT'S ENOUGH...
Flag
Exactly, the storyline is getting really boring,!
Flag
I'm not enjoying Emily's blackouts, the show has become even more of a mess because of this. Emily is the centre of the show and if she does'nt know what's going on half the time, it detracts from the credibility of the storylines. e.g. Emily and Conrad are a good paring but as she can't remember what she plotted with him it comes across as an item on a very long to do list.
Flag
I totally agree - does it matter what briliant things she does if she can't remember it, or will take forever to find out? I've always enjoyed scenes with Emily and Conrad (such as when he thought he was dying), like the Victoria Conrad pairing, it's fun to watch two powerful characters manipulate and play games with each other, as it's anyone's guess as to who has the upper hand. Emily and Conrad could be so much more exciting, if they would just work with it, rather than just a silly did I sleep with him scare.
Flag
I think one of the only good things to come out of this episode is the fact that Aiden's face still exists on my TV. I hope they're not going for Conrad being Jack's father...please tell me their not doing that, are they? Nah, they wouldn't...would they? Yeah...they probably would.
Flag
THEY'RE...JEEZ SELF. WHAT A ROOKIE.
Flag
Papa Porter raising the child of a woman he fell in love with? Not the stupidest idea ever. I know it's hard to believe, but watching Once Upon a Time has forced me into realizing where the stupidity line is. Revenge's been walking on it all over this season, but broadcasting their episodes AFTER OUATime, makes it not-as-bad, don't know if you understand.
Flag
Oddly enough, I think I do! I've tried watching OUAT countless times and haven't been able to manage, so being a fan of both shoes, I can see how the outlandishness of one might make the other look more...mild? LOL
Flag
I've already decided if the S3 finale stinks im dropping this show. But if they go there, I may have to do it earlier. My goodness, please no Revenge!
Flag
Do you remember Sammy? Jack and Amanda's dog... Is actually their son. He travelled from the future back to make them happy because they are all dying at the end.
Flag
lol... and worst/funnier.. is that nobody should be surprised with a revengy plot-twist like this at this point.. x'D..
Flag
Who is surprised? Really, WHO!?
Flag
The plot is all over the place right now. They should focus on the main characters and Emily's revenge, instead they keep adding new characters.
Flag
They both add new needless complications and write characters they're done with out in completely unconvincing ways.
Flag
I WANTED THAT RAPE STORY BY VICTORIA TO BE A LIE , but sadly it was just a useless truth to kill a man we dont care about.
Flag
This is now a 100% soap, except in prime time and only once per week. For some reason, I have no problem with this, and I honestly don't know why, as I've come to hate Scandal for the same reason this past season. Maybe I have a soft spot for Emily, despite her questionable taste in men.
Flag
I know what you mean, but my soft spot is actually a hard one.
Flag
I was so looking forward to this ep. But. Why. Just..why? Can we plot revenge against this show? Cos this ep was like a soap opera montage of all the wrong stops to pull on this show. From Evil Twin Emily to Jack's parentage, and that ridiculous kidnap plot (although at least AIden was not the idiot who put the murder weapon under his bed). From the moment Stevie spent more than required screentime at the Stowaway I was screaming OMGpleasedon'tfrackingbehismother all the way to the end of the episode. Please just stop the haemorrhaging.
Where the heck is this going and why do we care? We just got rid of Niko only to introduce another pointless character in to interfere (Stevie - who is nowhere as slutty and snarky as Lydia - I'd much rather have her back). What is up with Victoria? Patrick goes pyronuts and her first reaction is to apologize to him? Hell, even her snide remarks about Emily's childless future felt like a tasteless low blow, instead of the sharp parrying we expect from these two. Frankly, Daniel and Victoria "finding out" about Emily might have been the worst choice, given the way things are currently. Sure we might have complained about Robot Emily, but she currently has no revengey plan at all, no takedown, no scheme. Please refer to the title of show and bring back some actual revenge.
More+
Flag
Omg. The stage is set for Jack and Margot to move into Grayson Manor, along with Mommy dearest. And it won't be long before Emily gains her next strong ally... Stevie. I know this is terrible, terrible pot boiler territory but I can't help enjoying it all the same... a lot!!!! Emily needed a rock solid team. The fragmented approach just wasn't cutting it, specially with all the blackouts and Aiden so far away.
Flag
I'm the same!!! I recognize that this is truly crazy and terrible, but I still enjoy the hell out of this show. I don't know why, it's fallen so far from where it was in season 1, but I still enjoy every episode.....
Flag

Lol **truth. Trough??? I dont even know haha.
Flag
From the second Mrs Grayson the first set foot in that bar, I KNEW where they were going with it and honestly I LOVE it. She is grounded, she is normal and to me it seems Conrad was a fool for ditching her for Victoria. She is absolutely what Jack needs as not only is she clearly clever and unafraid, now she has a son and a grandson that you can bet she will fiercely protect. I would LOVE to see a double team with her and Emily, YESSS. As for the rest of the episode, it was a bit of a non mover and not a lot really happened, I think it should have been stronger for a haitus return. It's always equally frustrating when the promo for the next episode always includes footage that is from a later episode. Anyway! I loved that they straight up opened with Jack knowing about Conrad's involvement in voulez, I was really worried they would use it as a plot device to cause trouble between them and tbh, though a lot of people find them boring, next to Nolan they are the most honest pair on the show. It's refreshing that they literally just tell each other the trough and that makes it so much more believable, I didnt like the daniel dress drop Margeaux, but I do like this one. As for the Conrad and Emily team up, I still like that, he has always been open with Emily about forging a real relationship with her and I think he is likely the most redeemable, he protected her from his own son after finding out he had manhandled her, he is urging them to divorce because he genuinely does seem to have her best interests in mind. That's not to say he isn't a bad guy, because let's face it, he is, but there's equally something very loveable about Conrad, the way he gets under Victoria's skin is hilarious and his schemes generally are pretty tame nowadays. He as that whole loveable rogue thing going on. Victoria is annoying me more and more, her absolutely stupid remark about it being her house made me laugh, considering she had just been told that actually, no it isn't. Could the real Mrs Grayson please stand up, or on Victoria's favourite balcony. Perleeeeeease! :D Daniel using Charlotte is frustrating, he didn't really do much this episode at all apart from throw an 'amazing party' we never really got to see and manipulate his kid sister into spying. Good bro moves there pal. Charlotte could so easily be used in a much better way. I actually watched the actress in Cold Case and she is pretty fantastic so it's clearly the plots she is being given that just lend to her being a dumb plot device to stick in and get hurt willy nilly. I can't help but hear Nico hard to kill, everytime she is bought up, considering she was Takaedas daughter, she really should have been the most badass, but she was an idiot, kidnap Aiden, kill emily, good plan... yet even after gut kicking Emily, she still lost the upper hand and basically got told to go by the very man who killed her father, no wonder Emily was his favourite. Nico- not so hard to kill! As for the conversation between Emily and Aiden, it was perfect, I know there are a lot of haters out there but I have always been on team Aidely. Their relationship was real, they are each other's match and they had a real gameplan to strike and get out, it was genuinely hard to see her tell him to leave because she feared she wasn't enough for him. But I love that he has always told her like it is, and tonight was no exception. He very clearly explained that he only ever needed her, but SHE was the one who took away that choice and whilst it was unsaid, I'm pretty sure that was his way of saying goodbye for now, he is certainly not gone forever, but I felt it when he told her to get out before she did something else she would regret and I firmly believe the something he was referring to was letting him go. Haters can hate but peeps I relate! I know I'll leave, that was horrid aha. Then we have Nolan protecting Emily like the big brother we know he is. I will never hate their relationship, it is THE core of the show and the honesty between them is what keeps it grounded. I loved that he just outright told her, you're going crazy like your mum, but I'm here for you. It was brilliant.
Lastly, Patrick and Victoria's little murder mission, Patrick is an idiot. oh what's that you say? You saw them in the street and missed your boy, guess you didn't rape her after all, will you be my daddy please &3 ?? Dumb boy. But I did notice a tiny part of Queen V emerge when she said Relax Honey, brilliant, the smile was perfect and where the original character came from, hoping for more of that.
Overall, the episode itself was a tad boring. But I am glad they fixed a lot of the problems quickly.
1: Getting rid of Patrick's dad so as not to drag that storyline out.
2: Explaining straight away that Conrad and Emily did NOT sleep together.
3: Straight up telling Jack she was his mum instead of us all knowing but it not being revealed until the end.
4: Getting rid of Nico and possibly Aiden, whilst I dont like the latter, it gives Emily the solitude she needs to focus and perhaps get back to the originality of Revenge S1.
5: Margeaux straight up going to see her dad to find out what Conrad is up to instead of waiting for it to happen.
6: emily getting help for her blackouts and considering it may be genetic instead of ignoring it and refusing to listen to anyone.

All in all, they did a good job of tying up loose ends and clearing out the trash, they have a good basis to set up the end of the season now so fingers crossed it's all green from here.
Essay done, over and out *rolls*

More+
Flag
Yeah, I like Stevie too except that I hope she isn't Jack's mom.
I really do like the Conrad/Emily team up as well. I do like that they bonded and it is a good move on Conrad's part because she seems like she can be his sole solid ally in the family. And really appreciate the fact that they didn't sleep together, that he was just looking out for her.
Flag
Stevie! I forgot her name, thankyou!! Awh see I really do hope she is his mum and it's not a lie, because I think it will be really refreshing for Jack's character. But yes, everything you said there is nail on the head, their relationship is both twisted and highly entertaining, he has very much become the gap filler for her father void but he is the main instigator behind her whole agenda!
Flag
Solid episode until the last plot twist which really was sooooo unnecessary.
Flag
you mean solid for a Telemundo soap?
Flag
Um.... What!?!?!?!?!?!
Also lets hope Emily's back outs can be resolved.
Flag
So with Emily's blackouts, and Josh's desire to leave the show, what are the chances of Emily killing Daniel off?

Flag
maybe she kills herself and the Show is over? haha ;)
Flag
I've planed Daniels death since the end of season 2 he must die he has turned into a mutant hybrid version of Victoria and Conrad.
Flag
Daniel should've died when he was supposed to die. Season one.
Flag
That would be great.
Flag
Do you even watch Nashville, Kaitlin? It's so much better than what Revenge has become, and so is Scandal. Find out if either Emily or Nolan can sing and bring them aboard. Revenge is so 2011--back when it was actually good. You can't fix this. Nobody can.
Flag
Staff
I have to try! (Also, I love Nashville and all of its OMGWTFery with my whole heart).
Flag
"OMGWTFery--nice." Hey, can I use that?
Flag
Well...season 2 and 3 can all just be a blackout. It was all a hallucination.

Hmmmm if that was the case, what point would you pick to do a erase up to from?
Flag
What the hell Revenge? Please just let her to have had an affair with Carl.
Flag
So does this mean he gets to live in the mansion and kick everyone else out?

But boy is this show pulling out all the Soap Opera stops. I believe the only thing missing is the Evil Identical Twin.
Flag
Um, sadly, we have that actually. Evil Twin Emily is basically Blackout Emily. Sigh. This show. Why. why.
Flag
nawww it doesn't. the shticks may seem similar but they are different. Soap Operas are a fine art. For example , the twin cant get pregnant by sleeping with the boyfriend and let him believe it was the other one.
Flag
It's true. I gotta watch more of those - it's been a while since a proper soap has aired where I am. Also - isn't that pretty much last season's FauxAmanda plot with Jack? Except FauxAmanda wasn't that bad after all. Is that terrible? The fact that I'm almost wishing we had last season's plots, which were convoluted, but at least more entertaining.
Flag
nope once again, got to brush up on your soaps. didnt say fake pregnacy....evil twin being pregant leads to original twin's beau falling for the evil twin or at least being at her beck and command and a number of other spirialing plots.
Flag
That's true. Although we've already had a fake pregnancy. I was a little worried when Emily threw herself at Aiden that Blackout Emily would just be crazy sleeping with everyone, like the Conrad scare from the previous ep tried to get us to believe.
Flag
Decent episode... until the last line. Whyyy Revenge!
Flag
Follow this Show
Members