A Revenge Community
ABC (ended 2015)

Revenge S03E02: "Sin"

After last week's slate wiping, but ultimately shaky season premiere, the show brought it in "Sin." The show felt more focused this week and had less semblance of being strung together at the last second, and that all came down to the fact the story revolved around another of Emily's takedowns. 

I maintain that the show is at its best when Emily and her mission to take down the Graysons is at the forefront of the story and this episode proved that. It even went a step further as we saw Emily second guess herself for the first time since we all got on Victoria's fancy yacht and sailed the Revenge sea together. Morality and Forgiveness have never been big characters on this show, traded out for Anger and Betrayal, but they made an appearance in "Sin," and I dare say the episode was all the better for it.

Emily's had one mission in mind since she found out the truth about her father and very few things have ever deterred her or made her change course, but tonight's takedown of Paul Whitley, who's silver tongue was used to sway the undecided folks at Grayson Global to turn against David Clarke so many years ago, had a different effect on Emily than all the former dudes who got red sharpied. Paul had become a member of the clergy post-Clarke scandal, and while all the former takedowns had continued shady business practices even after the terrorist attack, Paul chose penance. He's now Father Paul Whitley and the Mother Theresa of the Bronx, as Nolan pointed out, and he didn't feel right about this takedown. "Check your soul, Emily Thorne, cause once you start taking down kittens, I'm out," he told her. 

This is going to sound really weird, considering the part he plays in Emily's nefarious plan, but Nolan's role on the show is to be Emily's tether to the real world. He keeps her grounded, is the person to tell her when she's being a cold-hearted bitch, and he's going to look absolutely fabulous while doing it (seriously, there were several new contenders for Nolan's best fashion moments list from this episode). No one on this show is perfect or even all that moral, but Nolan might be the closest thing we're ever going to get. Even sweet first-love Jack has had his fair share of shadiness over the last couple of years. But Nolan's the one person who can—or at least should—be able to get through to Emily, because he's the one person who knows the truth and who knows the real Emily... um, Amanda (Jack doesn't count because in essence he really doesn't know her at all). He loved her father like he was his own and has supported Emily this long, but there are some serious complications that come from ruining the life of a clergyman who's attempted to right his wrongs, and Nolan's not sure this was the right move to make. 

Emily's crisis of conscience eventually came, but it was a case of too little too late. Emily set Father Paul up with some faked pictures of a sexy rendezvous in which you couldn't tell that Paul was actually unconscious. She sent them to the pastor of Paul's church via the collection plate (someone is seriously going to hell and her name rhymes with Shmemily) and the next thing we know it's sayonara, Paul! But to be fair, once Emily saw the soup kitchen and all the good Paul was doing in the world, Emily did at least want to intercept the mail before any harm could be done, but the Pastor had already received Emily's dirty pics and he was not pleased. Sorry, Paul, you seemed like an okay person post-scandal.

If the episode had ended with Emily's change of heart, this episode still would have been successful in accomplishing at least one of its missions. The show needed to make Emily a human being again, and not just a revenge robot, and although you can't really take the edge off of her too much if you still want an exciting show, this did set up the next act of the series. 

Conrad, who had another "spell" as a result of Huntington's (spell of course is code for Emily poisoned his drink with the same liquid from last week), had arrived at the church to speak to Paul after his own crisis of conscience. Charlotte had found out via Jack that Conrad had known about the bomb that eventually killed Declan, and ultimately led to her own miscarriage as a result of her own grief over his death (she'd been blaming herself all this time). Charlotte took this as any human being would and turned against Conrad as well. This new development, coupled with his own mortality, gave Conrad the appearance of having started to turn over a new leaf. Nothing makes a person want to atone for their sins like the threat of dying. So Conrad told Emily about his woes, and she sat there pretending to be a good person, but when she asked him if there was someone he could talk to, Conrad admitted to her that he's not sure there's anyone left in his life that would be willing to listen to him (that's what happens when you're a horrible person, Conrad). And that's when Emily got the bright idea to track down Father Paul and bring him back to New York in order to get Conrad to confess his sins.

While that's never been the ending I envisioned for Emily's revenge story, it does have more of an emotional weight to it. Ultimately, Emily just wants to make the Grayson's suffer like she has, and she's done a fairly great job so far. They're poor, Victoria's auctioning off her paintings to keep the manor afloat (here's an idea: jettison the yacht and maybe downsize to a smaller mansion?), and Conrad actually believes he's dying. Charlotte has turned against both of her parents (and Emily, unfortunately, because she blames her for her mother's "affair" getting out), and Daniel's given up on both of them as well. The Graysons are suffering plenty. But as great as it would be to truly reduce them to nothing, having Conrad willingly admit to his part in the David Clarke scandal would actually make for a better ending. Not only would it make Emily's life easier, her father's name would be cleared, and she could come clean about the fact she's really Amanda and not have to immediately hop on a flight to Switzerland. She could also skip off into the sunset with an impeccably dressed Nolan by her side, which is what we all really want anyway, right?

What any of this would mean for her faked relationship with Daniel, or who shoots her on her wedding day, I'm not sure, but I definitely prefer Emily's new course of action to any and all of last season. This storyline is focused and it also feels a bit like the show's version of the third act. Revenge has never been a series that could viably extend years upon years—it would run the risk of becoming too convoluted, or worse, stale. And I'm not sure the premise can actually work for too much longer. The show came in with a set goal, and as last season proved, the show doesn't do well when it strays too far from that goal. I wouldn't be at all surprised if Season 3 wraps up Emily's revenge story. After all, Jack did give her an ultimatum in the premiere, and Conrad confessing (not that I necessarily believe he would or that he will), feels like a good place to end the series. 

NOTES

— Do you think Conrad will confess all? Or will this blow up in Emily's face?

— Charlotte sure is her mother's daughter, eh? She's turned into quite the stone-cold bitch, and I dare say I like it?

— Victoria introduced Patrick to the whole family this week. Naturally, no one took the news that well.

— Aiden and Victoria have teamed up to take down Emily, all because Emily turned her back on Aiden. This seems like an awfully silly reason to ruin someone's life, but whatever. This still feels very shoe-horned in and I've pretty much just stopped paying attention to this storyline at this point because it detracts from the actual good stuff. I also don't appreciate that Aiden's dragging Nolan in to this, because I will fight to the death to protect that well dressed man.

— Margaux definitely has the hots for Daniel, but to think that Daniel would cheat on Emily at this point is silly, so I'm happy the show didn't drag that out. I am intrigued, though, by his agreeing to still work for her. Even if he is basing the offices in Montauk.

— "Unhand my painting this instant!" might be the single greatest line of dialogue this show has ever seen.

— "Freelancing's not a profession, dear. It's a hobby one has between bar tending shifts." Them's fightin' words, Conrad.

— "When did punishing the guilty become more important than helping the innocent?" 

thekaitling:list:revenge-what-did-you-think-of-sin/

Previously Aired Episode

AIRED ON 5/10/2015

Season 4 : Episode 23

113 Comments
Comments (113)
Submit
Sort: Latest | Popular
1- I am still not impressed. But anyway, I keep watching to see where the new showrunner wants to go, and how he intends to do it;
2- V/Aiden pairing is a great idea if it's real. Because, that will change the take down dynamic,; Emily can't have the glory all the time. That will bring more fights;
3- Aiden has been always a threat: he's evil, a revenger, a killer, and a fighter. So that doesnt bother me if he's still in the place for revenge only, and not for love; he can be Frank replacement;
4- If Aiden turned on Emily it's because she didn't handle him. She knows the guy and what he's capable of. Instead of focusing on a partnership she makes love with and promised him Capri.
5- They quickly wiped out S2, which was a mistake, because they lost the show soul. Emily is a cold robot and her relationship with Daniel now is unspicy, and boring.
6- Jack revealed to Charloote, the bomb in GG building was planted by Conrad, and he killed David Clarke, so here Jack manipulative move. But, the Graysons (if they are not acting as stupid) have to think fast
7- S3 has to be the last one. I heard Mike Kelley wanted to stop Revenge but not ABC. He was not so wrong. Because it's hard to keep going a show with such a topic.

More+
Flag
I wonder why Aiden is acting like such a dick now, but I expect we will soon learn that he is still on Emily's side, otherwise he would have revealed more about her identity and her agenda. I just don't want him to get in her way again.

Jack is starting to annoy me now, and I was not one of those who had a problem with him before, but now he is an idiot for being so angry at Emily. THEY BELONG TOGETHER! He should have HELPED her, but then again, if this was real life, she would've been very unlikable for being so cold/manipulative/vengeful that his reaction is understandable. It's just so annoying to watch him treat her that way!

I love that we finally got to see a change of heart. She shouldn't be too vengeful to be able to forgive someone.

I like that the series is back on track, but it seems like there are still so many obstacles in her way, and we are yet to hear/see anything from the initiative. I feel there is too much plot left and too many people left that she needs to take down for it to be the last season ever. I really want a fourth season to tie it all up, but I fear it will just get canceled if they don't resolve it in this season. This series NEEDS a proper ending.
More+
Flag
Sorry, but Jack is meh! I kinda like Nick Wechsler. I think he strives hard in this role. But really Jack is a horribly written character. I don't want to complain but I feel it is lacking in so many levels...

I really don't understand the importance of his character anymore. He and Emily were childhood friends that doesn't mean they are meant to be together. He and Emily doesn't have any exciting chemistry together. The producers should just get rid of his character. He could just move away with his kid, the show doesn't need them anymore at this point.
Flag
Well I guess that is very subjective, because to me the only guy Emily had any spark or passion with on the show, was when Jack and her kissed. Aiden is the one that seemed like filler-material to me. I would rather have things develop with Jack. I wanted him to become a better character by ending up on her side, helping her. It could still happen though, but perhaps Jack is too good for Emily.

The reason why they fit together is because they had that special bond as kids, and it was obvious they still had it when they met again, and that's what makes their relationship much more romantic than Emily/Aiden or Emily/Daniel. Then the writers stupidly made him be with fauxmanda instead. I am so glad she's written out of the show.
Flag
Not necessarily leave the show definitely. Like I said I like Nick Wechsler. IMO they should make Jack (Nick Wechsler) a recurring, not a permanent character. Something like David Clarke's flashbacks (James Tupper).
Because honestly I don't know what Jack has to do with the central arc of show. Last season they killed his wife and brother to try bring him to Grayson's plot. However I didn't see anything interesting about it, than a desperate attempt of the writers into trying to make Jack more 'relevant' in the show.
I have feeling the tedious relationship between Emily and Jack is making every one lose interest in the series. It's nothing personal against the character Jack, just an opinion from someone who thinks this character as a product of bad writing.
Flag
I think he is a very big part of it all simply because he is Emily's real love nterest. How many times haven't other shows had boring female love interests who seem to not have any other good reason to be around? I don't need him to become a bigger part of the show or even be a regular, but I do want him and Emily to end up together in the end, and the way he is acting towards her now seems to complicate that and that makes him more annoying.
Flag
Something big has to happen this season, it can't go on one takedown after the other, and nobody suspecting of the girl next door. It has to get ugly, the Graysons find out Ems real identity and they go after her and Nolan. That would keep us on the edge of our seats.
Flag
Decent episode, if Aiden truly wanted revenge he would tell everyone emilys identity
Flag
The beginning of this season definitely feels like the third act to Revenge, one that is much more focused and driven than it has been for a wrong while. I personally think ending the series after this season might be for the best, particularly if it ends in a somewhat similarly sentimental, yet fitting, way that Kaitlin described - having Conrad willingly admit to his part in the David Clarke scandal.

Other than this episode returning to its familiar Revenge roots, I love how Emily showed a much darker side in this episode by her treatment of the pastor. While by the end of it all she seemed to realise the error of her ways, I really would like to continue to see this side of her again in the future. A woman consumed by her own vendetta.

This season has also done a good job at highlighting just how much Emily's mistakes are gathering up, with now Nolan, Aiden and Jack in on her true intentions (and Charlotte seriously turned against her). These are all wildcards that Emily has herself brought into the situation, and it'll be interesting to see how these characters continue to react, and just how much of a liability they'll be to Emily.

The two new characters, Margaux and Patrick, have failed to impress me as characters or with their storylines so I hope things pick up on both fronts soon (I'm hoping they're both somehow cleverly link to the overall plot, or at least theme, of the show).

Charlotte really was a stone-cold bitch during this episode. Yes, I understand why she's upset, but when 'doing her rounds' consisted of basically yelling at every single one of her family members and telling them all how horrible they are I couldn't help but think she needed to get over herself.

And I know her plan seems to be working but I really can't get past how making Conrad think he has Huntington's disease is a viable way to exact revenge, but whatever.
More+
Flag
I'm pretty sure Emily knows that Aiden is visiting Victoria. They probably planned it all along which will get clear after we see Aiden fake-shoot Emily. It fits to the show.
On another note, I'm starting to get trouble watching this show. Acting can be unbearable at times (Charlotte, hint hint) and writing requires more and more leaps of faith (if Nolan wanted to give Emily the poison why the hell would he parachute into the party and risk being thrown out without reaching her). Yeah I don't know either why I suddenly started using my brain with this show. I hope I can switch it off again.
Flag
Great point. U r on 2 something. Usually the revenge sequences are like No-one-will-ever-know-it-was-me, and now Emily is out in the open, and it destroys the character development. Conrad - the super schemer, master manipulator is in the dark....O C'mon?! The parachute thing was pure fun y ruin it with the poison, besides Emily could have hidden it in that hideous bun on the back of her head.
Flag
Didn't we see Nolan handing it to her in the flashback? I'm pretty confident he brought it with him to the party.
Flag
Hey! I just called U a super-genius and u want more?! What I ref 2 was that 2X Emily handed Conrad something 2 drink usually she is waaaaay more covert than that.
Flag
Conrad will find out that he doesn't have Huntington and he'll became the evil bastard again.
Flag
I really enjoyed this episode, it had a fresh feel to it that has been kind of missing for me since season one. While I believe the season premiere was a little shaky, it did a great job in resetting the board and set up the premise for this episode, and the rest of the season for that matter. I'm going to take a wild guess here at the victim of next week's car accident from the promo and say it's Nolan. I don't know why, I just have a gut feeling. And I really liked how the writers made Emily backtrack herself a little and question what she was doing, even if it was too late. Even though they kind of did the same thing in the season one finale when she chose not to kill the White-Haired-Man, this time for some reason it just felt that they added more depth to her character by making her seem some-what remorseful. As for how long I think this show has, I unfortunately think this will be the final season. They seem to be setting it up that way at least. I look forward to seeing what the rest of Revenge has in store for us.
More+
Flag
This season is setting things up in a nice way, with the flash forward of Emily being shot at her wedding all bets are off, which hopefully will make this a better (more unexpected) path for the revenge.

I found it quite touching how Emily wants to make things different, let´s see how that turns out, but Conrad is so not going to confess... way to easy, obvious and probably too late.

And as much as I would love to Amanda an Nolan to live happily in a well dressed island thing, I hope that this revenge will end in a sour note, and if it's at the end of this season it would be good/unexpected? and IMO a way to end the series on a high note.

However, there comes the time of Aiden's screentime, which is so boring; I must confess Madeleine Stowe rocks every thing as Victoria but I just find it quite annoying that Aiden is back.

So all bets are off (hopefully) and I´ll continue watching revenge this season (and not on re runs...). Thanks for your post!
Flag
can someone explain to me how showing nolan's house deed proves emily stole the conrad's money? i mean doesnt emily have money of her own? i dont get it
Flag
Tragic. I used 2 love this show. Aiden? Really? I have TOTAL Brit fatigue-did the Networks stop broadcasting in the UK? Do American actors not need work? Pls limit the brits 2 Downton Abby, Medieval vampires, Cruel judges with questionable morals and Psycho chefs.

I tapped out early S2, and the needle has barely moved on this show. I need a showstopper- Maybe Declan lives, gets a sex change and seduces Daniel away from Emily...sorry could not resist! The broadcast ratings are down (1.9); I read the broadcast +3 day delivered a 3.2, but that seems suspicious.
Flag
Agreed about Aiden. What a waste of character! However, I read something about Aiden getting killed from the show, not sure if that is true. He is one of the few plot points left from season 2 and it seems that fan reaction isn't that postive regarding his character. However, I still think he'll be quite a handful.
Flag
THANKS! U Made My DAY! Let it be true! I hope there will be lots of screaming and blood. I would stick around for that.
Flag
Totally agree with everything in the review. Season 3 is looking great so far. I loved the blueberry muffin tour and I loved that Jack has his own red sharpie.
Flag
For all of his anger and denial and issuing of ultimatums it was Jack that turned Charlotte against Conrad. So, is he purposefully helping Ems or was that just a happy coincidence?

I like that Ems changed her mind about taking down the priest before she realized that he could help her achieve her endgame, like Nolan said, at least now we know she hasn't gone totally dark side.

Loved Nolan in an apron baking muffins, only he can make that look good!

I agree than there must be an end to this whole thing, if it gets stretched out too long it will become ridiculous ... but that doesn't mean the series has to end, just rename it 'The Nolan Ross Show' and we'll happily keep watching. Hell, he has a new hobby now, at worse they could sell it to the Food Network, I'd tune in to watch Nolan bake while impeccably dressed.
Flag
BRB e-mailing the Food Network right now.
Flag
I love how the muffins went on a little journey and made their way back to Nolan's in a basket! A hillarious little detail!
Flag
Could Revenge reinvent itself as an anthology series after this season? Maybe after Emily's revenge is complete, they could shift completely to a new scandalous arena (a la American Horror Story)?
Flag
wow critics seem to have loved this episode but yet the fans were disappointed in this episode which is not a good sign looking at last nights ratings which it only got a 1.9 has me worried especially if people dont seem to be liking this episode. so i hope that people at least give it a chance
Flag
I liked the 2 first episodes of the season, but there are things I don't understand. Has Emily in some point felt love for Daniel ? Did Emily love Aidan ? Why all of the suden Jack has mercy for the Greysons if he was going to shot a gun ? Since when Charllote's character is so anoying ? Well, I hope this season can reveal more.

Flag
Are you new to the show or something??? *confused*

Emily actually started developing feelings for Daniel back in Season 1! But it was short lived, she is now back to using him again in order to exact her revenge agenda.

Emily did love Aiden. Back in Season 2 there was a flashback of how they were going to run away together, and not go through with the revenge thing since they were in love. Although Aiden didn't show up, and Emily was left heartbroken. So, it took some time for her to forgive him.

Charlotte has always been annoying! LOL

As for Jack, I'm not sure I'm understanding your question correctly.
Flag
1. Nop, teeny tiny soft corner maybe but t'was completely wiped out when he helped further cover up the David Clarke issue.
2. Still does by the looks of it.
3. He doesn't. He's just letting her do the revenge-ing.
4. Always and forever.
Flag
The family dinner was funny. You have conrad who thinks he is dyeing and is only the father of one the children. Victoria who is the mother of three of the children all by a different man. Charlotte who just hates everyone. Daniel who hates both his parents. Emily who is poisoning Conrad and is the source of everyones troubles. Loved this scene.
Flag
It's been said before but if Aiden REALLY wanted to ruin Emily, he'd just tell Victoria everything. That said, loved the episode. Revenge is back!
Flag
Probably why i'm not buying the I-want-Revenge-too act. I mean, sure he went looking for the infinity box but we dunno what he was gonna take from it.

Besides, it's not like he actually has anything that needs Revenge-ing. They didn't try to frame him, that was Daniel & Victoria. So, rather unlikely he actually means to team up with her.
Flag
This episode was so much better than last week's mainly cause Emily went all revengy on father Paul only to end up feeling kinda conflicted but at the same time noticing an opportunity. I was like Emily you are being cool again, yay!
Agg I still care like nothing for Jack he is annoying please Emily stop caring about the man.
I like how Nolan is not only the fashion compass of the show but also the moral one.
Seeing Victoria being so happy with her lost son is creepy. The woman has suffered plenty I know but I like her better when she is evil.
And yes I want to see both Nolan and Emily sailing down the sea while looking amazing.

Flag
+1 for 'fashion compass'
Flag
I laughed at that last line because I was sort of like, when was Emily every trying to help the innocent Nolan? It wasn't like she was trying to help the lives of all the people who died in the plane crash. I feel like Nolan, though, is returning a bit more to first season Nolan where one of our biggest conversation pieces about him was whether he might actually be Emily's half or step brother.

Aiden, as I said last night, you are playing with forces beyond your ken. I get it, he should be mad. He should be hurt. He does seem to be carefully hiding Emily's actual identity from Victoria (though he doesn't seem against letting her figure it out herself). But, really. Right now he is my lead suspect on the shooting suspect list and it comes as a result of him being totally at wit's end because he does something to make Victoria totally not trust him in his overly emotional way. Does nothing about this seem similar to your quest for your sister Aiden? I really do think he is, and this is terribly abusive type behavior, is he wants Emily to have to turn back to him and rely on him to continue her quest.

So...one question was answered, Patrick at the very least is not one of Emily's compatriots...whether he is actually Patrick that is likely the bigger question. Wouldn't it be funny if he was like an FBI agent investigating the Graysons and looking for more evidence to connect them to the plane crash because he might have been the new team member waiting back in D.C. when the evidence was to arrive. Or hell, maybe is both.

I hope Emily's new plan will work, and I hope she realizes she will have to admit who she is to get Jack to trust her.

More+
Flag
Ok, I don't get it. Why should Aiden be mad? He asked her to stop with the Revenge-ing and leave with him. Which she refused coz then we wouldn't have a show to watch. So, am I missing something else she "did to him"? Did the summer wipe out my memory times?
Flag
You have to factor in Aiden's issues plus remember that something happened between him and Daniel where Daniel ended up with blood on his sleeve so there was some thought he had killed Aiden. Then he said something about both Emily and Nolan had cut him off.
Flag
Yea, doesn't feel enough to turn him. Still think it might be a case of stealth-Revenge.
Flag
That "helping the innocent" line was said by Jack, not Nolan.
Flag
I have to repeat my thoughts from last week - if Aiden is doing anything other than setting up a massive assist for Emily (even without her knowledge), then the storyline is a total waste and they should let Barry Sloane get in on a better project. As it is, I think he IS totally pissed off at Emily but at the same time he knows he screwed up royally and is staying committed to his promise to help her see things through.

Or maybe he shoots her. That would be fun.

I also think that this will be the final season. I love this show so much, but I don't know if I can handle another season and most of the world seems to feel the same.

Bitchy Charlotte = win. Finally she's something more than a milquetoast teenager. Curious that Jack decided to turn her against her father rather than against her sister...did anybody else think that might be his big reveal to her?

I didn't think it was possible to love Nolan any more than we already did, but every episode he proves that the heart can expand without limit to accommodate warm feelings for him and his fashion. (And his muffins!)
More+
Flag
Nolan bakes!
Flag
CAN ANYONE TELL ME IF JACK KNOWS EMILY IS AMANDA CLARKE? THIS IS A CONFUSING SHOW THIS REVENGE THING IS JUST CRAZY. THEY NEED TO MOVE ON TO OTHER THINGS.
Flag
He does.

PS: This caps thing is just crazy. You should move on to other things.
Flag
But then they'd have to re-name the show.
Flag
Yes, she told him in last season's season finale to stop him from shooting Conrad.
Flag
Could we please kill Emily, and make the show all about Nolan? He is by far my favourite character. Funny, handsome, moral, loyal, kind, generous, tortured... *swoon*

Flag
Nolan is the best!
Flag
Naa, just give him a spin-off.
Flag
^ no
Flag
Rather dull episode, Aiden feels simply tacked on at this point as his apparent role is just to thwart Emily's plans. And now the overlying plot lines are starting to feel redundant. Its looking more and more like the series creator was right and this show just wasn't built for the 22 episode format.

Flag
This show just does not know,what to do anymore at this point. Going in circles,replaying their "greatest hits" and just coming up with random stuff for sake of filling those looong 22-23(?) episodes of season. Quite simply...it has run out of ideas and has too many episodes per season. Might stick with it for episode or 2,but if Charlotte keeps being "the smartest one and now some power player(yeah right)",I am done with it. Can someone kill Charlotte?? If I knew she would die in this season,I'd still watch it,just for the sake of her dying :D AND WOMAN CHANGE YOUR F-ING HAIR STYLE !!! :D
Flag
AGREE
Flag
I hated it. It was so boring. I didn't care about any of it. And I'm glad Emily is turning her plan around, but watching a person do normal, moral things isn't interesting at all. I'll give the show one more week, but I'm almost done.
Flag
I get where Emily is coming from... her family was wrong by a bunch of people. And I'm sure some of those people in the group photo really deserve to face the red sharpie: lawyer screwing his client, witness lying under oath, author writing lies, etc.

But at this point, considering how much has gone off the rails she should probably just focus on the Graysons and maybe just a couple of the BIG offenders from the group shot.

A guy that helped bring in clients with his silver tongue? What's next, the mailroom employee?

Stick to the big bads and move on.
Flag
I can see it now:

Emily (to Nolan): 'If it wasn't for that mailroom employee at Grayson Global, the letters pertaining information about my father's false-imprisonment would be public knowledge and he would be alive and free! He must pay!'.
Flag

Victoria's relationship with her son's probably oddly sexual cuz he's the fruit of her unwanted love with her stepfather, that might have confused her(that & the fact he's Justin Hartley might have its effect too)!!! sorry everyone for this vile attempt at a joke :(
Flag
I enjoy Revenge but now having Aiden gang up with Victoria to go after Emily is nonsense. I dun like this arrangement. Also Jack is whack to giving Emily a summer ultimatum. Geez, what were the writers thinking? This season should be an adjunct to Betrayal by those whom one trusts. Nolan was a ham as usual, cool to see him R&R in his robes. I do feel sorry for the repentant priest and I like what Nolan said that he's out once Emily started killing kittens. Ah well, just watch it for watching sake. I'll take it as revenge on my boring spring break.
Flag
Definitely felt like the writers are just harking back to S1 highlights. It's not a bad gameplan to help wash away the bad taste of last season, but so far a lot of S3 (all 2 eps of it - lol) feels like recycled plots.

The moment Patrick was revealed to be a painter made us remember the terrible time Victoria had an affair with James Purefoy. Don't take us back there, Revenge!
Flag
Yea, but it might make sense to make him an artist coz Victoria herself was one. She left off nannying him for an art scholarship right.
Flag
Yeah I had similar feelings on Patrick..
Flag
Can someone refresh my memory: what did Emily do to Aiden that has him so cheesed off? Because unless I'm just forgetting something: he's acting so emotional that I have to wonder if he's just playing Victoria so he can really help Emily.

I thought the only thing she did was not forgive him for killing their Sensei even though he did it for "her." Which while stinky but not enough to make him go psycho.

The sister thing was supposedly not her fault, unless Nolan lied about how long ago they killed her. But he's sounding SO emotional right now that it sounds like she killed his puppy or something.
Flag
I trulythink that Aidan is tryingto get Emily free from revenge so they can rekindle their relationship. He's using Victoria to set his plan in motion. I like him and I do wish he's endgame for Emily.... Jack is just not smart enough !
Flag
Jack is a dope; it was PAINFUL watching him try to be sneaky and take out Conrad so easily last season.

BUT... as we saw after his conversation with Emily... there's more going on than he's letting on to her. He acted all nice and polite and saying "Yes, I understand do what you have to do. All is forgiven" but as soon as she left he made an angry face.

Perhaps he found his own ninja Sensei over the last 6 months? Preferably one with fewer sword-holes in his chest.
Flag
I agree, he has something going on and somehow learned to manipulate people... I don't know if it would be enough to save his character
Flag
We can only hope.
Flag
This comment has been removed.
Flag
Aiden is out to get Victoria on his own plan without taking direction.That's how he is,and I wish he'd just disappear.
Flag
As far as we know, we don't know why Aiden is acting the way he is (it's part of the mystery between S2 and 3). Our best guess is that it's all part of Em's master plan
Flag
I don't think we're supposed to know why he suddenly "wants to destroy her". It's been six months since he and Emily "broke up" (or what ever that was) and he left and they were apparently on good terms even? So maybe it was something that happened during that time, but I don't really believe that he wants to destroy her at least completely, because then he would surely reveal who she really is to Victoria no?
Flag
I think Aiden is trying to help Emily in some sort of stupid way, otherwise why don't just tell Victoria that Emily is actually Amanda?
Flag
I'm 99% sure that's the case -- either he's trying to help Emily or he's just targeting Victoria separately because of his sister's death (her husband WAS the initiative after all). Heck maybe Emily's in on the plan.

But... for that 1% chance that he's not... by keeping that card close to his chest he's able to maintain some control. Maybe he has a specific plan in mind? If he drops the Emily == Amanda card then Victoria will go OFF THE RAILS and end it in an afternoon before he's had a chance to do something very specific to her.
Flag
I don't know if I missed something or tv haas rotted my brain a bit too much but so much seemed to happen off camera. Like the story felt slightly disjointed or I skipped a few minutes between scenes or something. For instance Charlotte finding about Emily betraying her trust, or about her father and the bomb ect
Flag
Charlotte confronted Emily after she used deductive reasoning. Emily was the only one Charlotte told about anything to and then suddenly Ashley and Victoria know, so that made her lose her trust in Emily and end their friendship. Then Jack admitted to Charlotte about Conrad knowing about the bomb when she admitted she felt responsible for Declan's death and her punishment was losing the baby basically.
Flag
That's exactly what happened, but you're not wrong torontogirl, Charlotte's sudden realisation that Emily wasn't trustworthy seemed completely thrown into the episode, almost forced. Logically, it works, but I definitely felt the disjointedness of it too because let's face it, if Charlotte noticed this, there's a hell of a lot of other stuff she should have noticed about Emily.

I also thought it was odd that the writers decided to have Jack tell Charlotte about Conrad's involvement in the bombing off-screen (I mean, how would that conversation even have gone down? Like, what could he have possibly said that wouldn't provoke Charlotte is ask a hell of a lot more questions about the bomb, like how Jack knows this information?). It was all handled in a very odd fashion.
Flag
Yes exactly what I was thinking, it was so jarring that it just threw me off at several points!
Flag
Woah.. I'm starting to hate Emily! And starting to love Graysons.
Flag
Welp, this was a good one!

I think the show is finally moving in the right direction. Also, this must be noted - thank you writers for giving Jack some common sense and also for this great line "Tell me, when exactly did punishing the guilty become more important to you than helping the innocent?" Seriously, Jack was all kinds of awesome. ^^

I still hate Aiden, yes, I know I say this ALL the time, but it still holds merit. Seriously, he is the most annoying thing about this show! (other than new Charlotte who is acting like a self-entitled spoiled brat much like the olden days (pre Declan))

Few scenes worth mentioning: That family dinner was amazing! (lol) It was hilarious! Emily was rolling her eyes when Victoria was saying that she loves Patrick, Daniel acted like he didn't care, and Conrad was a mean drunk. That scene was just priceless. Everyone hates everyone in that family! And now they all hate Patrick together! LOL

Emily and Victoria scenes are always great. They are always so nice to each other but deep down inside they both hate each other.

Final scene in the end - Looks like the old Emily is truly gone. :(

ps. I still hate Charlotte's bangs! XD
More+
Flag
Charlotte looks like an idiot with that new hairstyle of hers.
Flag
You don't think that Jack has always been this way. He's probably never been so overt, but this is basically the same argument that Nolan has been making since S1 and Jack has always been really pious.

Graysons should just cancel their dinners - nothing good (for them) ever happens. At least no one was taken hostage at gunpoint!
Flag
The family dinner was the highlight for sure!

But why is Patrick 100% shallow so far? There is NOTHING to his personality!! Why? is it intentional on the part of the writers or just insanely bad acting (no acting)?
Flag
We havent seen that much of him but I guess the writers want to portray him as something not yet tainted by the Graysons or Emily. I think we get to watch him slowly pulled under in the course of this season. maybe thats why they kept him a little blank to develope him or he just seems shallow because we dont "know" him and his personal abyss as good as the other's.
Flag
Loved it when Nolan said that blueberry muffins could calm even the worst psychopaths (or what ever), and Emily said she should have one, and then Conrad when offered them saying "that's my favorite".
Flag
Totally! The muffin subtext was a delightful little detail, and that they were being passed around was fun!
Flag
Nolan's face when Victoria handed the muffins was priceless.

Also, can some one please remind me what Emily did to Aidan that was horrible.
Flag
I was laughing about the muffins too. I also have no clue what it was that Emily did tht awas so bad...She didn't want him to help anymore was it?
Flag
Pretty good episode and it's moving things along nicely. I loved the fact that we're getting the weekly takedowns from S1 again.
Flag
I loved this episode! It was the first one I got emotionally instead in! I scorned Emily for screwing over the Priest who was truly a good person (unlike her season 1 targets who were still corrupted crooks). It's awesome that they show her having a conscious and how she's going to fix it. I have never been on the Daniel/Emily ship, and still won't be, but I'm glad Daniel didn't cheat because it wouldn't have made sense to me. He genuinely seems to love her, so throwing slutty French woman at him and him denying her is great although I doubt her plans are over. Hoes don't give up that easily! I actually felt a little bad for Conrad (which is so unlike me!), but it doesn't mean he doesn't deserve Charlotte's harsh words. I mean she'd been lied to about her biological dad, lost her boyfriend and "sister"; her "nephew" isn't really hers, she doesn't trust her family and she doesn't trust Emily anymore. This new Charotte I can really get on board with though because I wasn't expecting her to be so confrontational with Emily! I can't help but wonder if Aiden is really betraying Emily or not but it seems that way. What a jerk lol I hope they add depth to Patrick soon! Love the direction this season is going in!
More+
Flag
Charlotte doesn't know Fauxmanda wasn't Amanda though
Flag
Okay Aiden is playing over his head. He is clearly just trying to get Emily off the Graysons or at least in a way which she would need him again otherwise the sentence Emily is really Amanda Clarke would be the real killer. Heck in the box I bet there are a couple things that don't reveal her plans. I mean he tried to let Victoria make the connection on her own but didn't connect the dots for her. But he is going to get himself in trouble..planning aint his strong suit and he clearly still loves her but is just mad.
Flag
Execution of plans is also not his strong suit... Remember Padma?

I agree with everything you wrote. If Aiden truly wanted to "destroy" Emily, he would have told Victoria and/or Conrad that she is Amanda. That would ruin her entire endgame, but he still calls her Emily so....
Flag
Follow this Show
Members