A Revenge Community
ABC (ended 2015)

Revenge S03E21: "Impetus"

How do you like them apples, Conrad? 

The truth is out there, and it's only taken us three (very long, very winding, sometimes very frustrating) seasons to get to this point. Who knew that all Emily had to do was kidnap Charlotte, show her a bunch of stuff, tell her that her father was a jerk, and then plant a camera on her when she went to confront him? Total piece of cake. Nolan hacked the local news and now the entire New York area (and soon the world) knows that Conrad is not only a murderer and a terrorist, but also a very terrible father. 

So much drama and pain could have been avoided, though. Like, this is a plan that I personally could have come up with, so I don't know what that says about Team Revenge. However, I also can't believe the show finally went there. After stringing us along for three years, the writers put Conrad behind bars. It's a little sad, because Conrad is so deliciously evil that I almost hate to see him shackled, but this was also the natural progression of this story. Something had to give, and I'm glad it was Conrad. 

So where does Revenge go from here? There's only one episode left in Season 3, but the show will pretty certainly be renewed for Season 4, so what's next for Emily and Co.? Emily still needs to take down Victoria—which, if we're being honest, has always been the real storyline anyway. Conrad was the evil SOB who put everything into motion, but Revenge has always been about the struggle between Emily and Victoria—the two women who loved David Clarke—and that's mostly what made the show so good early on. So will Season 4 be about Em's take down of the Queen? 

The police and the FBI will obviously want to question Victoria with regard to Conrad's crimes, but it's going to be difficult to prove that Victoria was a co-conspirator, and I assume she'll try to use some sort of "he threatened me with my life" garbage as a defense. Even if Emily was able to lock Victoria up quite easily, she admitted to Nolan that she hasn't thought past this point. For so long, her goal was only to exact revenge on the Graysons—she didn't consider life on the other side of that. And now there's that silly new mystery involving David Clarke, which will probably continue into the new season. 

Given all this, what are your hopes and dreams for next week's season finale, and Season 4 after that? What's next for Emily and Vee? How will Daniel play into all of this? Will Aiden be back? What will Jack's hair look like next season? Hit the comments with your thoughts and predictions!

Previously Aired Episode

AIRED ON 5/10/2015

Season 4 : Episode 23

65 Comments
Comments (65)
Submit
Sort: Latest | Popular
best episode of the season!!.
Flag
Sooooo, show has been renewed for another season. Any predictions?

If Conrad and Victoria go (and stay!) down maybe something betwen Daniel and Amanda?
Flag
Im so sad, you know thats what I wanted for such a long time! I was waiting for this Moment - but now I just dont care anymore. Those last episodes + season 2 were just so annoying that I stopped to like and care bout Emily. So sad - but for me this comes way too late
Flag
Hadn’t Emily switched the prints with faux Amanda years ago? I was confused by this. If they attempted to match the prints with her juvie file, would that have exposed her as the real Amanda Clarke?
Flag
so i just watched next week's trailer and my guess is that emily is going to die...as a character,and her real identity goes public...emily dies and amanda clark returns!
Flag
i had to w8 20 episodes for something awesome...and that was the 21 ep!!!damn i watched the scene with conrad and charlotte 3 times..and at first i'm like---u tell her conrad and then i'm like go emily!!!! so i'm like screaming in the middle of the night till someone told me to shut up!!! i loved that scene...so i guess now victoria is gonna have conrad killed in order not to tell the truth about her??i would prefer queen V in jail but it's ok,cause finally emily took some revenge!!!i hope she takes down daniel too...
Flag
Gosh, where was this episode 2 seasons ago....this felt so s1 revenge that I enjoyed every second of it! Brilliant! It seemed like we would never get there but we did and it was good! Team Revenge has made to the final 3 of the Amazing Revenge Race! Question is will they take the prize or have to come back next season for another try? Sorry for the TAR sidebar - I am still not over the fact that the cowboys are out - anyway, great stuff....but how will Vicki prove that Emily is really Amanda? I hope they do not kill off Aiden...that would be just NO! What if they take out Jack? Nah, they won't - but what about Charlotte? Also who is that creepy dude?
Flag
Daniel will become more twisted and dangerous, forcing Ems to take him down. Plus she still needs to take revenge on him for robing her of ever being a mother!!!!
Flag
maybe Daniel will die?
Flag
All I want to know -- WHOSE EAR WAS THAT?!
Flag
then watch the episode once again...Aidan said he going to visit a morgue :)
Flag
But now someone's anonymous relative has a missing ear! Harsh, Aiden, harsh. I hope they were getting cremated.
Flag
Predictions for next week based on promo and bits I've read. I don't think Aiden will die. I think he will leave though, and pop up occasionally in season 4. When EVC was saying she was sad about a character dying, I think she was talking about Emily Thorne. I think her alias will be no more as of next week. I think everyone will find out she is Amanda Clarke. As far as the grave she was digging, I think it's her dad's. I think that whole thing was set up by Victoria to prove she was Amanda Clarke. I don't think he is still alive, but I would be OK with it, if he was.
Flag
everybody's weird plans have been very dependent on luck. was emily counting on jack to find them and then free charlotte? was victoria's mother senses tingling to know that little jack junior (or what's his face?) is going to hurt himself to get some dna or was she planning on scratching him if not? also lucky, charlotte didn't take her jacket off, it's the very first thing I do when I get home - but then I've never been kidnapped, so, what do I know...
Flag
lol, I was thinking the same thing when Vicky went to stalk Jack Jr. What was her backup plan, to just kidnap the baby, or quickly snip hair off the baby and run for it, lol. Strange how that all worked out, but whatever.
Flag
Same here. I wrote it off as a happy (well, not for baby Jack) accident. I figured she was going to steal some hair or something, and then since she saw he fell, thought "Well, why not?" *shrugs*
Flag
yeah, the more I think about the alternatives the creepier it gets. maybe she had a barb wired teddy bear as present. also, the nanny seemed clueless as hell, so she wouldn't intervene. :)
Flag
it is the way every TV show works,the difference is,in good ones you don't care,you enjoy watching it while your brain is autopilote
Flag
so who else is going for Aiden dying in the finale. I think he's the obvious one to get axed. Daniel is my backup pick because wasn't he contemplating leaving the show earlier?
Flag
yeah i heard that aswell so I guess its Daniel
Flag
YA!!!!!!! I still can't believe that actually happened. I actually had to re-watch it to make sure that it wasn't a dream.
Flag
THEY DID IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1 THEY DID IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1 FINALLY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! BEST EPISODE EEEEEEVRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR AMAZINGGG NO WORDS OMG STANDING OVATION! they saved revenge!!!!!! hope for this show has been redeemed 10000000000000000000%!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Flag
This wasn't so much a review as it was a slightly long comment.
Flag
At least it didn't have any complaining in it like usual. That was nice for a change. Well now that I reread it, she took a little away for how Conrad was taken down. Oh well.
Flag
I like the short review format. If I wanted to read a lot of text, I'd read a book. LOL, like that's going to happen.

I think it's about time that something major like this happens. But I'm disappointed that it happened in such a silly way. I have a lot of problems with it. For example: Emily went too far. She hasn't ever been a "good guy" on this show, but if she doesn't even treat her sister well, then WTF. The plan was so simple that they could have done it in the pilot episode, so what was the point of the other 64 episodes? I know that Conrad is a huge a-hole, but I really can't see him yelling like a mad man at his own daughter that he can and will have her "taken out" just like he took out Amanda.

Conrad being behind bars isn't even the biggest thing going on right now. The really big thing is that Victoria knows, or at least very strongly suspects. She hired that other guy to find out for sure that she's right, and to hurt Emily by giving her false hope that her father may be alive. The final scene of the season is very likely to be the one where Victoria finally confronts Emily.
More+
Flag
So we know you're appealing to the illiterate crowd then.
Flag
It's a common mistake to confuse "not interested in books of fiction" with "illiterate".
Flag
the point of all the other episodes was to take down everyone else involved in her fathers conviction. if they did that in the pilot episode then there wouldn't be a show would there?
Flag
I keep seeing this show in the news feed, but I haven't watched all season. I thought season 2 was off the rails, but has anything happened this season I need to know about?
Flag

A bit late in commenting but:

You shouldn't watch the whole season. Pick a couple of episodes from the first half of the season and then start back up from ep 17. From here the series actually starts to get back on track.

Flag
You should tune back in, season 3 has been great!!!
Flag
Victoria also knows that Emily is Amanda
Flag
Conrad was exposed as the terrorist behind Flight 197 and is now in prison. Also, Daniel shot Emily. That's about it.
Flag
At long last, actual revenge on a Grayson! Pity it was'nt both of them but Victoria going up against Emily Amanda should be fun. I just don't need another season for them to wrap this up.

Flag
This episode was great! Didn't think Conrad would go down so "fast".
I think Aiden will die, because Emily seems to really care about him and these dumb writers still want her to end up with Jack of course.
I hate Daniel, he has become the male version of Victoria as for evilness, but lacks her charming charisma.
I scared for that Vicki knowing the truth about Emily, that would make the show pointless, I QueenV know, Emily has no leverage and no change of "revenge".
Flag
This was probably one of the best episodes the series has done in a LONG time (well after Charlotte was released, idk I just thought it was pushing it a bit for Emily to mentally screw with her own sister like that, and barely cared when she was having a panic attack). Conrad basically tore Charlotte a new asshole when she called him out on his shit, and as shocking as that was for me (I know Conrad's cold blooded, but he acted like Charlotte was his world), my favorite scene had to be when Emily revealed herself to him while he was in jail, and when he responded "Godspeed" when Emily said she's still got Victoria left. Conrad's not only evil, but dude's crazy and it's awesome!

If Victoria really does know Emily's Amanda then the finale should be good. Curious to see where they go next year, but I honestly think season 4 should be it. Oh, and if anyone bites the dust, my (non existent) money's on Aiden.
Flag
Kidnapping your own sister to destroy your enemies and pushing a man into a helicopter propeller just to keep his mouth shut. Damn has this show gone dark, and I can't believe how excited I am to see all the fallouts! My predictions for next week from the looks of the promo: Aiden and Victoria get in some sort of scuffle and Victoria kills Aiden, Emily is digging up David Calrke's grave maybe to see if he's really dead? Or something about that ring possibly? And Victoria confronts Emily and calls her out that she is really Amanda while digging said grave. And next season Emily enlists the help of Conrad to destroy Victoria all while Victoria is set on destroying Emily. And they both die in the process of their simultaneous revenges against one another. And perhaps along the way Charlotte founds out Emily is really Amanda and gets depressed/pissy about that and has a possible meaningful storyline for a few episodes. I don't really care but I'm so excited to see how this all comes to a head. If Revenge does one thing right (besides impeccable dress wear) it's a season finale!!!
Flag
I have just one question: What the hell is going on in their writers' room?! I agree with @No1Slayerette below that the show has had a fair amount of reveals over the years. Especially the last few episodes have moved the story forward a lot, now that Victoria is finally on to Emily. This is positive. But still, the story line is crazy and there's nothing consistent about the characters!

Flag
For as much as everyone complains about the longevity of Revenge's story line, the amount of reveals it has spread out over the years obviously proves it did have the potential to become a really well structured serialised drama, but got lost somewhere along the way. Anyway, this episode held plenty of them: Charlotte knows the truth about David and Conrad's involvement in flight 819, Conrad admits his guilt, and knows Emily is the one that tricked him to! Victoria knows it too, and somehow managed to stop herself from being implicated... Yet there are still so many things to be revealed.

After this episode I simultaneously want the series to wrap things up next week and continue next season. As is my complicated relationship with Revenge.
Flag
I think the most suitable and believable ending would be for Emily to end up dead or in some kind of mental health facility after she's finished with Victoria. The show has noticeably become quite a lot darker in tone in the past couple of episodes and if they want to continue that way then it's the only ending that truly fits that tone and the original 'dig two graves' message of the show.

I'm so unbelievably tired of the Jack vs Aiden crap now, mostly Aiden, why didn't Niko have had he killed off? It's been going on for two whole seasons and was never all that interesting in the first place. I wish the show would have the guts to finally drop the whole love triangle angle next season and stop focusing so heavily on romantic entanglements and more on the actual revenge plotting and execution like this episode did.

And gives it a good Shakespearean's tragic 4th season ending. At least Czerny and Stowe deserves it after all..
Flag
We're still reviewing this nonsense weekly, are we Kaitlin? Well, your loyalty is really something to admire, but if this get's renewed and Nashville doesn't, I'll be so pissed. But such are the vagaries of network TV, that I'll be pissed, but not all that surprised. I lose good shows every year, and it hurts, but something new always comes along. My wife and I just watched the first two episodes of a British entry, Call the Midwife, because Miranda Hart is in it and it's the best thing we've seen in a long time. You wouldn't think so, but it's right up there with The Good Wife in quality of writing and production value, and I highly recommended it to all who love great drama.
Flag
Nashville is at least as annoying and disappointing. It has a lot of potential, but it's ruined by the fact that every single character is (over)reacting in an absurd way to almost every single thing that's happening.
Flag
You know... you're absolutely right, however, Nashville doesn't have an idiotic title to resolve, and I like most of the characters. Sure, there's way too much of people walking in on people saying the wrong things, and the whole being gay angst--Yawn--of course no person who likes country music ever new or liked anyone who was gay. And Maddie, for god's sake, girl, give it a rest--you love Deacon, we get it. But the two stars really shine, and sure Deacon could be written much better, and Teddy doesn't need to be such a dick all the time, but Gunnar and Avery have come a long way, and Scarlett could also be written much better. Bottom line...I love this show!
Flag
i was very pleased at the Conrad outcome (though I was a little befuddled why we didn't take this particular journey sooner since it has certainly been some time since knowledge of Charlotte's actual paternity came out).

I think what will be fun about the Victoria angle is that Emily Thorne is actually now gone. The way she was talking about her being a robot or a machine that she had to put on to exercise this mission was so appropriate. And I liked that she got to yell at Jack and Aiden about something so totally normal after that (the where were you guys when I was nine thing). This will be Victoria versus Amanda now (I know that it is looking like Victoria is doing the make you dig your own grave thing to Ems, which I think us and Nolan will always call her from now on, but as Victoria doesn't have a gun and I have no doubt that Emily could easily disarm Victoria, I am more guessing that Victoria had her little detective dude (mini Frank?) bury one of Ems' co conspirators and I sense it might be Jack. He is who mini Frank has been focusing on, I don't know that he could pull one out on Aiden and Nolan is a little too high profile.

I have been trying to figure out the three card monte, Victoria was trying to find the 1/4 DNA that Charlotte and Carl should share? That seems like a stretch. I suppose it is possible that she might have something of Ems at this point that might have been shoved in which would show her and Charlotte's connection....
More+
Flag
I think Emily and Nolan were as surprised as anyone that their evil plan to reveal Conrad's crimes to the world actually worked. But, then again, they knew it would work because he has the one of the biggest egos in the Hamptons! I am happy for Emily that she has finally accomplished one half of her original Revenge goal. But, I still see an Emily-Conrad partnership taking Victoria down. I'm sure Daniel will get in the way somehow.

The season finale looks quite good now that Victoria "knows" that Emily is really Amanda Clarke. I think she's suspected for a while but never got that one piece of proof to make it conclusive. Hell hath no fury, etc. etc.
Flag
You know, when I saw the ep I thought "they finally got back on track with takedowns and are now at endgame".

But truth be told this turn of events was loooooooooooong way coming. considering season 2 was total waste of time this should happen sooner. I think whole show was done wrong. It should have been a miniseries type of thing or two seasons tops. Instead of whole American thing, Graysons being broke, Conrad as governor etc show should cover just Amanda's mother and real Emily's death in season two then finish with this and bow out gracefully.

But instead we got "we'll keep making it as long as it's renewed" type of show with more and more increasingly convulted plots that lead nowhere and just distract both Team Revenge and us from original point.

Who knows, maybe writers were told "there is a strong chance season 3 will be last one" so they'll wrap up principal plot (Conrad and Victoria takedown) quickly but leave enough things open so season 4 has something to do.

Sad, but whole thing feels like it's on autopilot now.
Flag
No. It should've just been 10-12 episodes a season like Game of Thrones, True Blood, Breaking Bad, etc.
But frankly, ABC wouldn't go for a half-season TV show. Either way, the show would've been great - they cut tyler from season 1 and leave the rest 'cause it was a great season - here's your season one. They should've cut 3/4 of season 2 as to show how *spoilers*fauxmanda dies and Emily reveals her identity to Jack, Carrion was fun too I rly enjoyed when the whole New York's power was shut down*spoilers*, also to finish that second season with 1/4 of season 3 to cut everything related to Patrick. and put it as a second season which ends up with *spoilers* conrad's takedown *spoilers*.
The third season should've been Vicky & Daniel vs Amanda. And in the end some 2 hour finale as a thirtheenth episode to end the TV series.
Flag
S2 was the biggest waste of time. I don't think anything came out of that season besides for Jack finding out about Emily. I can't even describe the main plot of S2, because it was so irrelevant. I don't mind them wrapping up Victoria/Conrad if they choose to do so. The show needs a new direction. If Vicky played a smaller part next season instead of being the main villain I'd be fine with that. But I can't take another season of more pointless scheming from Emily just to take down one person. The whole first half of S3 was also a waste of time as well. Should've just kidnapped Charlotte earlier and she wouldn't even have to do the ridiculous plot of getting married to Daniel.
Flag
You are so right about season 2. Only things worth keeping were:
-Amanda's mother, with or without white haired man
-Emily getting pregnant, having Jack's child and dying
-Decklan dying
-Jack finding out that Emily is in fact Amanda and Amanda wasn't who he thought she was
-maybe Conrad becoming governor

Except for first thing all of this could be run in background of ongoing season. All other subplots were wrapped up so nicely that in season 3 there is no trace of them. Americana Initiative? Gone. Greysons broke? Back to being rich again. Carnivore? Nothing. Bombing of Conrad's election HQ? Let's pretend it never happened.

If you'd cut season 2 out nad kept above things you could easily put them in current season without slowing pace. Just cut out/down whole Voulez/Pascal thing and this season would be better paced, would have more relevant things happening and would end up with Greysons going down.

If there is season 4 I honestly don't know what the plot will be. Numbers are, from what I've read, going down so maybe show will wrap up with something approaching decent ending in this season.
Flag
It was a good episode, but I have to agree, the plan was so easy to come up with. I'm sure many people thought of this even during S1. There was nothing too clever about the plan at all. Emily wasted years of her life, got married to Daniel and went through a ton of elaborate schemes when all she needed to do was kidnap one of the Grayson's kids. How was that not one of the first things she thought of? It was such a generic plan and it could've been done in season 1 too.

Anyways, moving on from that, it was still a well done episode, and thank goodness Emily FINALLY took down a Grayson. Only took the girl 3 years. But it was still sweet to see Conrad find out Emily was behind it all. Season finale is the last chance I am giving Revenge to redeem itself. The past few episodes have been pretty good, though its not hard to improve on a horrible episode like "Blood" was. I would like to see the end of Victoria in the finale, start S4 off fresh. Revenge needs a change to have a chance at redeeming itself.
More+
Flag
Yip, start S4 off fresh... Ems should kill Victoria in the finale and then have Daniel trying to take her down in season 4 (unsuccessfully of course)!
Flag
So after three long seasons of stupid plans they stopped Conrad in only what episode? WTF Revenge?? And the FBI should arrest Victoria if not for the conspiracy just for testifying against David Clarke.
Flag
Follow this Show
Members