A Revenge Community
ABC (ended 2015)

Revenge S03E03: "Confession"

Let's get the important stuff out of the way: Jill Ohanneson, Revenge's costume designer, has really stepped up her game this season. Let's take a little stroll through Nolan's wardrobe this week.

First there was this:

And then there was this moment:

And then THIS happened:

And thanks to Shanshantastic for pointing out to me that ABC is selling several different versions of that shirt, so now you too can walk around wearing Nolan's mug shot on your body. Granted, it won't have the same effect as Nolan wearing Nolan, but it'll get the job done.

But really, the best Nolan Wear this week was the getup he chose for his housewarming party:

Guys, seriously, who cares about Emily's revenge plot when Nolan's throwing fancy parties dressed like that? J/K (sorta). "Confession" piggy-backed on last week's takedown of Paul Whitley as Emily was determined to track him down so Conrad could confess his part in framing David Clarke. But then something strange happened; Emily outed herself to Father Paul as he confessed his own sins. 

Emily told Whitley that Amanda Clarke had been a friend of hers, and that she was willing to forgive Whitley for the part he played in framing Amanda's father, but he had to earn her forgiveness by persuading Conrad to confess to the world that he was behind everything, not David Clarke. This brings up a very interesting question: Why would Emily out herself in that way? It seems careless that she would trust him enough to reveal her real (fake) identity—and thus her plan to take down the Graysons—to him, even with the knowledge of the guilt he carries for his role in the scandal. She obviously felt guilty about the part she played in ruining his life last week, and maybe she thought that by revealing her true intentions that he would be more likely to acquiesce to her request, but revealing her identity this early in the season is the equivalent of a flashing neon warning sign that whatever followed would not be pleasant. It also meant that her plan was going to go up in flames. In this case, those flames were literal.

Father Paul was dead by the end of the episode, his lifeless body having been thrown from Conrad's burning wreck of a car. This, of course, happened right after Paul told Emily that he would confess if Conrad wouldn't, which meant Emily then had a Plan A and a Plan B. But she didn't account for Plan C, which included what would happen if Conrad suffered another episode while driving and crashed the car he was driving with Paul as a passenger. Emily found the wreck, found Paul's lifeless body and a disoriented Conrad, and her entire plan was D.O.A. as a result of her own meddling.

You see, Emily had been paying visits to Conrad's bedside this week and playing off as a concerned future daughter-in-law visiting a dying man, but in reality she was pushing her own confession agenda while switching out his real Huntington's medications for whatever drugs recreate the symptoms of Huntington's. She has no one to blame but herself for her plan going up in flames. Unfortunately, I don't actually believe Emily can feel human emotions anymore, and so this will probably just be labeled as a minor setback in Emily's revenge diary.

"Confession" is only the third episode of the season so any belief that Conrad would confess this early is ridiculous, and at first I was a bit annoyed the writers would even go that route considering how unbelievable it is, but then I remember this isn't at all about what we think or what we want or perceive. This is Emily's story and the plots must exist in her world as they exist in ours, and so Conrad meant to confess his sins, but Emily meddled and now Father Paul is dead. Everything Emily touches, every person who's found about out her plan to hurt the Graysons, either ends up hating her like Jack, or they get hurt in some way, like Nolan has on more than one occasion. The body count that follows in Emily Thorne's wake continues to grow even when she doesn't outright orchestrate the deaths in question. The girl is bad news, and everyone would be smart if they just stayed out of her path. 

As I stated last week, I really enjoy this idea that Conrad wants to confess his sins as he's being crushed under the weight of his own mortality, but after "Confession," I'm concerned about whether or not this storyline has died along with Father Paul. It was a welcome twist to the revenge saga, and I sincerely hope it continues even after Paul's passing. Conrad definitely seemed hell bent on making things right, of showing his family that he's capable of pain and dying without any regrets. But Victoria was not cool with his new plan to save his soul from eternal damnation or whatever. Her apprehension is understandable, because that would throw her image into a bad light as well, but as she is wont to do, Victoria used her children as an excuse. HAHAHAHA, good one, V. If you cared at all about your children the way you say you do, you'd stop trying to ruin Daniel's life (even if you're 100 percent right about Emily).

This episode felt very much like the second half of a two-parter even though it wasn't played that way. It concluded a mini-arc, but didn't move the story forward all that much. It wasn't quite filler because Father Paul died and Aiden's true motives were revealed, but I wasn't moved by it, nor was I offended by it. It felt kind of boring and predictable, to be honest? Did you like it? Am I missing something? Was I just distracted by Nolan's fabulous fashion sense this week? 

NOTES

– As many of you suspected, Aiden's return was at Emily's request, and everything he's been doing with Victoria up to this point has been a way to bring them down from the inside. None of that, however, changes the fact that I find Aiden's storyline to be completely boring. 

– We found out that Daniel shot Aiden at the end of Season 2, but he never told Emily about it because he thought Aiden got the picture and skedaddled. At this point, I'm really just waiting for Daniel to find out the truth, upper-cut Emily, and then run off into the sunset, because he deserves better than the life he's been given. (I know a lot of you don't care for Daniel, but look at that face! It's such a good face!)

– Nolan and Patrick: I think I ship it? Their scenes were filled with some tension, but not necessarily the kind that permeates Emily and Victoria's scenes. More, please!

– Emily outed the fact that the Graysons have no money in the middle of Nolan's party. Bitch move, or completely awesome?

— "I'm not asking you to build SeaWorld, just an enclosure on the beach with, I don't know, five or six dolphins for people to swim with." Nolan FTW!

thekaitling:list:revenge-what-did-you-think-of-confession/

Previously Aired Episode

AIRED ON 5/10/2015

Season 4 : Episode 23

154 Comments
Comments (154)
Submit
Sort: Latest | Popular
Dopey Daniel deserves all the heartache that is heaped upon him. I still haven't forgotten that he is aware of what his father did to David Clarke and said nothing about it but wordlessly joined him at Grayson Global. Wimpy little prick.
Flag
Charlotte also knows.
Flag
Yeah she's an ass too but also an idiot teenager who's all over the place emotionally whereas Daniel had all the evidence placed in front of him and he chose to ignore it.
Flag
Well Charlotte knew about David Clarke's framed incident, but apparently gave a fuffs about it. It seems she only cared about when she knew about Declan's death cause (thanks God, Declan is dead!).
Flag
True. So what this boils down to is that all the characters on this show are pretty hateful and have a moral compass that's been completely skewed making them care for nothing that does not directly effect them?
Flag
Not sure why you're watching a show when you obviously hate the star. It was great as is Emily Van Camp. Nolan, though, always brightens every episode.
Flag
Entertaining episode. Did I detect a slight melt in the icy treatment of Jack towards Emily? Also, what was that song in the very last scene of the car wreck?
Flag
The name of the song is Bones by MS MR.
Flag
Cheers!
Flag
My biggest issue with this show now is that I no longer sympathize with Emily anymore. Like someone else pointed out, she probably won't feel the slightest bit bad about Father Paul and her possible role in this death. I don't mean by switched Conrad's meds, although that is a good point, but in her blackmailing Paul to push for Conrad's confession. I bet her only issue will be her complaining about the hiccup it causes in her plans.

In Season 1 I genuinely felt for her, and in season 2 my sympathy started to waver, but this season i am no longer rooting for her. I think my issues stem from the fact that everyone around her, including her deceased father, do not want this for her. Even Jack, my least favorite character, doesn't want her to do this, and he has been caused the same amount of pain, if not more, from the Grayson's actions. Even Nolan has his reservations and has expressed them sometimes throughout the last two seasons
Flag
I think they are trying to make Emily unlikable or villainous, perhaps to justify the pain of who's going to shoot her.
Flag
This episode REALLY gets to me somehow. I hope that Emily won't let any casualties get in her way. She's gone too far for some unnecessary forgiveness and all that crap. Jack, Aiden, Patrick...most of the guys are so boring to watch and Victoria is a bitch. IMHO.
Flag
Now I'm sure the whole Emily-getting-shot-in-the-yacht is part of Emily's plan. Most likely by Aiden too. They showed her mapping out sea currents(?) with her red sharpie right before Aiden walks up to her on the beach.
Flag
I don't know. Maybe she was setting up to a shipwreck, and the shot was not in her plans. I hope the shot is real.
Flag
I was thinking she was setting up where her "body" would float to after falling off the yacht. Somewhere Nolan or maybe even Jack can pick her up.
Flag
Arghh, if that is what is going to happen. If it is, I'm not going to waste my time watching. I hope the shot happens in fact at least judging from her facial expression. She seems to regret deeply from something.
Flag

I was thinking that the crash might have been caused by a fight between Conrad and the priest.
What if Conrad had a change of hearts? (Or probably a change of mind, Conny has no heart. ^^)

The priest might have told him that he'd be confessing it all on behalf of Emily. I don't believe that Conrad has really felt repentant. It might be the drugs in his system.

The other possibility could well be Victoria but I don't see how she could have known that her husband would drive off into the night bent on confessing his sins to the world. Unless she planned to kill Conrad all along just to save her the inconvenience of having a dying man at her breakfast table.

I'm relieved that Aiden is not working against Emily. The look on Victoria's face was priceless when Aiden told her that he hadn't found her money.

Why does everybody think that Emily has no feelings? Just because she's marrying (or rather planning to marry) a guy she doesn't love? Or because she framed a priest? That guy was pharisee. If he really had turned around and become a good person, he's had plenty of time to confess his sins to the world. He could have saved Emily's father if he'd just found his conscience sooner.

I don't think that Emily ever thought about what would become of her after succeeding with her revenge-y plans. She got tangled up with Daniel and Jack and of course Nolan. She gets in trouble because she can't completely lock away her feelings, she's a human being after all.

As for Patrick, I do hope that they do not throw him together with Nolan. Give him anything else to do, please. I don't buy his act. He's much too forgiving towards Victoria, that's just not normal. Even if her behavior as an abused teen is understandable, Victoria could have contacted her son much sooner. As for now, I find their relationship rather creepy.

I'm really looking forward to next week's episode. Will Conrad find out that he isn't terminally ill? Does he know about Emily?

More+
Flag
aiden might be boring but he's hot so i don't mind
nolan for president of the world!
Flag
Honestly, I didn't even remember that Daniel shot Aiden. These two can disappear and I won't even notice, especially Aiden.
Flag
Glad to see that Aiden still is on her side, as expected, but he is boring now. I am waiting for Emily and Jack instead. Also nice to see that Jack was acting a bit less cold towards Emily, but he still has a long way to go. I hate that the writers are setting him with another stupid girl though. Stay away from Margot!

I loved that Emily said the Graysons were bankrupt in front of everybody. :D

Nolan has such bad taste in men (and women)...

The ending! OMG! More complications, more intrigues, lol. I love this soap show!
Flag
I liked it. It felt very much like a penultimate episode would before a season final. I don't mind the fact how obvious it was that Conrad wasn't going to confess this early in the season, the episode was still entertaining regardless this.

Maybe I missed something, but other than Emily poisoning Conrad, was there any proof that Conrad had another episode while driving and therefore caused the crash? This does make perfect sense now they you say it, but when I watched it all I could think about were Victoria's words to Conrad, 'If you get in that car I swear it'll be the last thing you do!', so I automatically assumed she did something. But yeah, what you said makes more sense.

Obviously Conrad's going to have changed his mind about that confession, or will at least postpone it for a time by next episode. I'm thinking he may wait until he convinces Victoria to do the same, because he sees her as a hindrance to his redemption (and I imagine she has a lot more dirt on him). It would be cool if when they discover someone is poisoning him that he assumes it has been Victoria.

I shipping Patrick and Nolan, I'm eager to watch it develop. I'm shipping Margo with no one at all though, not a huge fan of hers, but ignoring that Daniel was just generally a huge dick to not only her this episode, but to pretty much everyone.
More+
Flag
Nolan and fashion ! Daniel has become such a little prick, how can you say that he has a good face? Each time he appears on screen I want him to get shot or something....
Finally patrick has some kind of purpose... and it's intriguing so let's see what happens
I hope they have something planned out for Charlotte otherwise she's just a waste of time....
It was nice to see Emily jealous about Jack and Margot... plus she took a leap of faith proving that she still has some feelings deep down inside her.
I love the scene between Aiden and Emily on the beach, you could tell that it was harder for her to keep her distance which is a nice turn for their relationship.
I really do think that Emily is driving into the wall with her revenge plot and we will soon see her crashing down...
Flag
Patrick's being a receptacle for Nolan is not a "purpose" :) The dude is pretty boring.
Flag
I said "kinf of" ;-)
but it's still a huge step forward for a character that had nothing to two for the past two episodes
Flag
I haven't really read the comments, so excuse me if I'm repeating anybody. I think they are setting Charlotte to be the shooter. She'll find out about Emily, and as was said this episode, Charlotte is Emily's only family left. How beutifully ironic would it be if Em's plan to avenge her family would end in her being shot by family. (of course I know this shooting won't be the end of the revenge story, only the winter finale, but still...)
Flag
Staff
I truthfully hadn't even thought about who the shooter is. But I love this idea so much I'm going to be really upset if it doesn't come true.
Flag
Emily Charlotte shooting would be an amazing twist. Anyway she'd have to learn the concept of forgiveness.
Flag
I don't think this will be the case, but it's an awesome idea I'd like to see!
Flag
I have a crazy theory: what if Patrick is actually dead Amanda's brother or boyfriend or something ??! He could be seeking revenge on Victoria, but later finds out Emily is to blame and shoots her.... this could explain her reaction when she sees the shooter on the boat
Flag
One question? Did you miss the part were Daniel tried to stop Victoria from confessing, where he frickin shot Aiden, where he tried to buy out Jack? He is a scumbag hypocrite who deserves nothing it wasnt even self defense. Even Emily killed only in self defense so far...
Flag
And he also blocked Margot (? spelling) from interviewing Nolan because he didn't want his part in what happened to him to come out. Daniel is very much his parents' son.
Flag
in French we spell it Margot or Margaux but there is no way to hear any difference between the two
Flag
also it was weird that she made fun of Charlotte's French accent since she had a strong Canadian accent when she spoke French herself
Flag
Who has Emily killed? Directly, anyway? Or have I forgotten something?
Flag
No you are right it was aiden that shot her moms guy
Flag
I want to slap whoever stylist asked Nolan to wear that horrible costume during the party. Anyway, as for Emily too many guys around her. Daniel and Jack I don't know why still alive?
Flag
he looked ridiculous in that outfit
Flag
Throw out the revenge story, ditch most of the actors, and give Nolan his own spin-off in which he wears dapper outfits and spouts fabulous one-liners. And create other characters who are almost as delightful as he is (because no one could be more delightful!) to people the show with. Victoria can stay.
Flag
I love the nolan character to
Flag
Best Nolan outfit for this episode IMO is the vest/hat combo he was wearing in his 1st scene with Patrick.

Speaking of Nolan & Patrick, I'm so happy that I'm not alone in wanting to ship them, I thought I was the only person seeing them through slash-colored glasses.

I so want that mug shot shirt, there's a gorgeous garnet colored v-neck fitted women's shirt I've got my eye on...
Flag
Nope I saw the Nolan/Patrick connection too, and glad others saw it as well. I'm just so used to seeing Justin play the heartthrob for chicks that I wondered if he'd play a character for the other team . I think they could make it work and not only would we see chemistry this time but I'd actually give a crap this time about Nolan's beau if so.
Flag
I loved it! Nolan was the ish, as usual! Loved his various looks, esp. the cherry red pants! And the mug shot T-shirt! Was Patrick trying to push up on Nolan?? I don't trust his ass AT ALL. If he tries anything with Nolan, I will CUT him!

When Aiden walked into Nolan's party with Victoria, I was howling!! Bwah!!! The looks on Victoria, Daniel & Emily's faces was PRICELESS! And Daniel is turning into a whiny little bitch! Ugh.

The ending had me up off the couch? Did Conrad purposely crash the car? Maybe it was the Huntington's? Poor Fr. Paul! I really liked him & wanted him to be re-instated. When Conrad & Victoria were arguing, I thought she was gonna push him down the stairs! (Remember, that's where Amanda fell!) Then I thought she was gonna bust him in the head with that vase!

Sick of Charlotte....go back to Paris. Permanently! Jack was not as dumb as usual, surprisingly. That Margaux is pushy as hell. Last week she was stripping for Daniel, this week she's offering to buy Jack a boat! She just met him!

One thing that I've noticed this season is that Emily isn't as "on point" with her schemes & I find that interesting. Jack is through with her (allegedly), Charlotte is barely speaking to her & Patrick just disses her at every turn. She really messed up with Fr. Paul. At this point in the series, I think it's good to see her off her game....a bit. Not too much now, cuz I love me an Emily takedown!

So much cheestastic goodness!!!
More+
Flag
Aiden is so boring for me. I hope he dies soon. In other hand, I felt some tension between Nolan and Patrick, I dont know what the writers have for us this season but it was wear maybe a little sexual tension (??)

Emily's week plan was so predictable and not very clever, at less for me. We know she can do better.
Flag
I agree with you aiden is boring
Flag
Loved this episode. Definitely not boring! Emily outing Victoria was completely awesome. I understand why it doesn't seem like you're enjoying Revenge that much and that's because it doesn't seem like you like Emily that much and enjoying Revenge is almost totally reliant on rooting for/loving Emily. I personally love her so this ride is still fun for me. Was it obvious that Whitley would be dead by the end of the episode? Totally but it was still fun to watch.
Flag
Staff
I used to really like Emily a lot. I can't exactly figure out what changed, but I think I blame her relationship with Aiden? I hope it changes though!
Flag
I guess I'm still one of the few who really enjoys Aidan, hates Jack, and is a bit on the fence with Daniel. He's had it rough the past few seasons, but hey, crap happens. Especially with his family. He had his chance at redemption in season one, so I figure he has trouble coming. He'll likely cheat sooner rather than later.

I'm happy to see Aidan back into the fold, and I think he and Victora will have an interesting run of things to say the least.

Nolan was fabulous as always, but I'm still kind of confused as to the part Patrick is going to play in the whole thing.

I guess we'll see soon enough how things will unfold, but at least the story is a bit more briskly paced right now.
Flag
you're not alone
Flag
I liked the episode for a few reasons:
1- Nolan and his wardrobe (I want that t-shirt!)
2- Nolan and Patrick´s chemistry onstage... maybe I´m being mislead but who cares? they look awesome.
3- Emily outing Victoria while looking positively angry
4- Emily forgiving father Paul ... It seemed kinda fast but while thinking about it I realized how shitty Emilys life is : Jack and Charlotte hates her and her revenge is taking awfully long ... yeah she is friends with Nolan so she isn't pitiful but I think all her doings are taking a toll in her. It kinda makes sense, to me at least.
I still dislike Jack but I do think he is starting to look less dumb so good for him.
Flag
I also find Aiden's storyline to be completely boring. I dare to say Aiden will be the mid-season death. If he shoots Emily, Jack//Daniel will probably shoot him or something like that...
Flag
If Jack shoots him I'll stop watching. Jack keeps being put up as Emily's "true love." Bull. They're not a good match.
Flag
I also think Jack is utter annoying. I haven't found Jack believable since the beginning. He reminded me from the start of Luke's character on the old Gilmore Girls though Luke was played by a better actor. However I doubt that the producers and directors would have balls to kill Jack off, or make him a recurring character of this show at this point.

The tedious relationship between Emily and Jack is making every one lose interest in the series but her relationship with Aiden will not help anything either as well.

As for Aiden I think him should be the death of the season for some reason. If it is not him, possibly will be Daniel or even Charlotte. This show needs a shocking the death or many as soon as possible if it wants to survive a fourth season or if it's really loosely based on the Count of Monte Christo.
Flag
I dont know if I'd say Luke was the better actor. As for Jack, I think he works with what he has been given. Im pretty sure he was the best actor on Roswell after William Sadler. (oh yeah and brendan fehr was good too.)
Flag
come on Luke was the main receptacle for Lorelai's jokes
Flag
I don't think Father Paul is dead. And I don't think the accident was an accident. Conrad seems to accept he's going to die and maybe wanted to take it into his own hands and kill himself and the person that was in on the whole David Clarke deal so nobody would ever know. I mean we knew he wasn't going to confess. Maybe Paul will live and out Conrad. And I liked the Aiden/Victoria thing even if it was a rouse I think there's still potential for that storyline even though we kinda knew he hadn't really gone against Emily. I like Aiden and I seem to be in the minority there, oh well. This episode was very intriguing and I think strings along well with what they have going for this season. I'm interested in where the Jack/Margaux story goes as well. Next week looks interesting and promising so I can't wait :)
Flag
After a damp squib of a season premiere and an upswing with a much more satisfying second episode, "Confession" definitely builds tension for what is an explosive season to come - but could season 3 be one of Revenge's last? Confession definitely, whether it's deliberate or accidental, suggests that. There are plenty of story arcs which suggest that Emily's revengenda has run it's course - Conrad being hell bent on confessing leading to Emily's final liberation of her father's name, Daniel and Charlotte's distrust and loss of faith in Emily and Jack's ultimatum. Let's also not forget that despite Emily's plan being drawn out to a third season, her actions have left the Graysons in complete and utter turmoil which suggests her plan is coming to an end. She is also incredibly close to being exposed what with Daniel and Charlotte becoming increasingly wary of Emily's loyalty and Victoria's earnest effort to uncover any secrets Emily has. Also, the addition of Margot and her snooping ways to find out what Daniel is hiding about Nolan is another way in which the Grayson's could face yet another downfall. So whilst Confession builds tension by the boomerang like death of Father Paul hitting her in the face, suggesting that either Conrad or Victoria are behind his death and Aiden's return to the Hamptons shaking up Emily's dynamic with Daniel, Confession was an enjoyable episode but a clear hint that Emily's story can last but only for too long.
More+
Flag
I think it will be renewed for a fourth season and that will be its last. I don't think ABC will cancel it this close to 88 episodes.
Flag
One of the best episodes I've seeing, it was perfect ! I really truelly hope Emily can come back with Aiden sometime soon.

Jack's character needs something...
Flag
Looks like he's getting more next week...boo.
Flag
The only good thing about this episode was Nolan's outfits. They were unreal!
I officially hate Margot, and Aiden is not doing anything to change my opinion of him from last season. They should have left him gone. Preferably shot dead by Daniel.
I'm not too enamoured by Patrick either, so the new characters aren't really helping matters.
I stick by what I said before about it being better if Jack had stayed gone too, him moping around with a face like a slapped arse is doing my head in.
This season better pick up soon, or I'm done.
Flag
Staff
Jack needs to either officially turn against Emily and become a badass, or take Carl and run as far away from her as he can. I'm pretty sure the writers are keeping him around to really be Emily's downfall, but Nick Wechsler is better than what's being given to him.
Flag
Damn right, he's Kyle from Roswell!!
Flag
I thoroughly enjoyed this episode, and I especially liked the Nolan/Patrick tension! I was disappointed that Aiden's return was at Emily's behest, but at least the season is moving with some pace...
Flag
I love Nolan.
Flag
I don't think Conrad crashed by accident, I think he did it on purpose to kill the only loose end at the mo. His whole argument with Vicky about confessing was nothing but a charade so that no one would suspect him of having killed the priest on purpose.
Flag
Wooww good thinking !
Flag
Staff
You think?
Flag
Staff
Meaning: that would make this way more interesting.
Flag
Revenge was better this week than last week; nice twist with Aiden; I didn't see that coming; Good to know the show can still surprise me. Charlotte was useless again this week, Jack kinda sorta had a point in this episode, Could they please just bump Conrad off? Victoria kinda was the take down this week, at least taken down a few pegs. I'd love it if Aiden felt the need to sleep with Victoria for info the way Emily sleeps with Daniel; what could Emily say; that would be a great twist, Kill Conrad and make Aiden Victoria's new husband. Mind Blower... I had all but assumed he was the one that shot her on the boat so that he could be written off the show, now my prime suspect is Daniel. Speaking of Daniel can be is not a Conrad mini-me. I don't like the new Daniel the way he's treating Margaux and Emily is really bad. Is Also got blindsided by Nolan and Patrick, I know my mind isn't playing tricks on me, looks like Nolan is back on the guy side of being BI and Patrick wants to take a ride or would Nolan be taking the ride or would they be riding each other. The mind wobbles :)
More+
Flag
Oh and what's up with the Grayson's being Catholic all of a sudden . They were totally WASPs before. Couldn't they just have the priest character and only that guy be Catholic and just affect Conrad?

Flag
Well knew it about Aiden...but couldn't they have the balls to also kill Conrad so it really is Emily v. Victoria. Or at least soap operay go missing. And it appears I am also correct that the shooting is faked since she was clearly casing out current streams.
Flag
I knew that there was no way in hell that Aiden would be working against Emily. Because in order to confuse your opponent you need to blind him with stuff he wants to hear and see. Victoria is no fool, so she needed to be fed facts she already knew about but was lacking confirmation on. So Aiden fed it to her...Emily has an agenda, they are still lovers, Emily's accounts. Yes, obviously, this info had to be decided on beforehand, but it just shows that Emily and Aiden gave a lot of thought into this - and the result is success - Victoria swallowed the bait.
Flag
OMG I just watched the promo for the next episode... her fiance, her ex lover and her true love. AHHHHHH I HATE JACK AND EMILY true love?? ooooh god how annoying is this?

I hate how they show Daniel now.. He is a stupid mean coward and poor Aiden got shot. Well it wasnt really like that Aiden was it? Well at least I like Aiden and they wont change Daniel anymore he is just mean now, thanks writers.

I knew Emily and Aiden work together, come on that was so obvious. Nolan didnt even say anything to her after he showed up so it was really clear

Ah and that car accident... I didnt see that one coming pffff... and Emily is the one who finds them... 40 hours later..oh come on . Well it always REALLY SMART to drive a car when youre on heavy pills... hellooo conrad why didnt the priest drive? stupid

Still not awesome, but at least Revenge is getting better again. I just have to turn my brain off a bit...

Flag
OMG I just watched the promo for the next episode... her fiance, her ex lover and her true love. AHHHHHH I HATE JACK AND EMILY true love?? ooooh god how annoying is this?

I hate how they show Daniel now.. He is a stupid mean coward and poor Aiden got shot. Well it wasnt really like that Aiden was it? Well at least I like Aiden and they wont change Daniel anymore he is just mean now, thanks writers.

I knew Emily and Aiden work together, come on that was so obvious. Nolan didnt even say anything to her after he showed up so it was really clear

Ah and that car accident... I didnt see that one coming pffff... and Emily is the one who finds them... 40 hours later..oh come on

Still not awesome, but at least Revenge is getting better again. I just have to turn my brain off a bit...
Flag
I loved this episode it was my favorite episode of the season so far
Flag
The biggest disappointment of the episode was when Emily partially revealed herself to the priest, I was giddy thinking she would actually reveal herself completely. It mould have motivated him to help her that much more, and added even more drama to the story. But still a pretty exciting episode
Flag
It's quite hard for me to explain, why each week is getting harder for me to watch Revenge. Something doesn't clic, and for now I can't really say what. Maybe because Emily is a whisperer and annoying robot, maybe because they all the time gave her all the glory, maybe because she has more amunitions than the Graysons, maybe because her quest of revenge is coming more and more ridiculous. Something bothers me, and I will find out what it is.
Flag
Not surprises here, as I predicted Aiden is helping Emily and Conrad isn't going to confess now cause when they examine him in the hospital they'll find out that he doesn't have Huntington's.
Flag
I'm thinking that too... But I'm thinking it would be cool if when he finds out someone'e been poisoning him that he assumes it's Victoria. I think that would be fun to watch.
Flag
oooh good call.
Flag
This comment has been removed.
Flag
Yep and I bet Conrad crashed car on purpose. I will even go so far to say,that Conrad knows Emily's plan and they will hold this info for entire season. I can already see,that Conrad was there,when Emily called that man. This reveal will be the same as Conrad being in Iniciative.
Flag
maybe he'll see it as an act of God, that clearly the priest way was not the way to go or some other such awakening.

I really hope not though because I am enjoying the Emily/Conrad bonding time. Maybe if he finds out e isn't diseased he'll still confess since he wants to win Charlotte's love back. However I think Charlotte will be roped into Emily's business since I believe someone will reveal to her (probably Jack after the speech Emily gave him) that Emily is really Amanda her sister.
Flag
Wow, that sums up this amazing episode. Emily's WWF take down on Victoria at Nolan's party was a SLAM! Man, that was priceless. And good to see Patrick "responding" to Nolan's interest in everything beautiful; but I doubt it will end well given his genetic protege relationship with Mama Queen Victoria. I enjoy Revenge but all I have to say is, why can't every episode be like this one?
PS: Did someone rigged the car & crash to kill Conrad and/or the priest or blah blah blah? Can't be Victoria cos as conniving as she is, she didn't see it coming on Conrad confessing. Geez, this time a week's too long to wait for the next episode and I wonder who eventually shot Emily on the yacht at the pilot. Well done Revenge, well done !
Flag
It still could be Victoria's doing. She can call someone to quickly do the job. Either way she is probably going to get blamed since she threatened Conrad as he went out the door.
Flag
I think the car crash was because of whatever pills Emily swapped for his actual medication during her first visit of the episode - of course, the foreshadowing at the beginning of the episode could also suggest that Queen V had the car rigged for whenever Conrad might want to take another spin...

Also, Patrick may just end up turning against his mother. Or not actually being Patrick. It'll be fun to find out.
Flag
Well it always REALLY SMART to drive a car when youre on heavy pills... hellooo conrad why didnt the priest drive? stupid
Flag
Conrad isn't exactly known for his great decisions - if he was, there wouldn't be a show. We should all have a moment of silence for the Testarossa.

And sure, the priest too.
Flag
This episode was amazing! OMG I cannot believe how it ended. What will happen next week...I am dying to know! I always suspected that Aiden was helping Emily all along...and glad to see this confirmed. I'm really interested in Nolan and Patrick, don't know what will happen there. Still love Jack and really hope he and Emily can be happy together some day. Not a fan of the French woman, but she spices things up a little. This episode was just awesome!
Flag
Another comment, sorry.

I kind of loved how things are not as controlled by Emily anymore. Things are bad with Jack, she can't have Aiden even though she wants to (?), she and Victoria are no longer exchanging fake smiles with fake pleasantries, her relationship with Daniel is on the fritz etc. Of course she's still in control, but before she just seemed unrattle-able (??) and now it's giving her character more dimension, which I like.
Flag
Even though I'm not a fan of them as a couple, I enjoyed Emily and Daniel in this episode. They actually argued and they seemed like a real couple to me. In season 1 their relationship was stepford perfect=completely weird. Never an argument and barely even tension. Also, unrelated: I feel like the show is at its best when they are together. Season 1 was so fantastic and it went off the rails a bit when they broke up (in my opinion anyway). I guess that is just a coincidence rather than because they are some super couple, but still I like the show again now rather than large parts of season 2 which was mehh.

Daniel acted like his sister in this episode, bratty, spoiled, entitled and what not. Even though it quite swarmy coming from him, I like it(!). Daniel isn't that interesting when he's not in trouble/causing trouble.

Aiden. Blah. Didn't we all know this already since he didn't reveal her identity, how could someone be working to destroy her and not tell the one thing that could instantly destroy her or at least all her plans? I guess we're also supposed to believe that Emily loves him from that beach scene (which admittedly was beautiful)? I've just never bought Aiden, mostly since he seemed to be such a bad revenger. The Padma incident was pathetic, and there were other incidents too. But I do kind of like him, he just seems out of place on the show, like they like him too, but don't know where to put him or do with him (the same times infinity - GET IT?? - for Charlotte, the writers have no idea what to do with her so one day she is pregnant, then a drug addict, then a lesbian, then a bitch, then a nice person, then a Clarke, then a Greyson etc.).

To steal another commenter's phrase from last week (sorry forgot the name), Nolan the 'fashion compass' of the show was pushing the envelope even further this week. Patrick is still a charisma black hole, but I'm interested to see where this goes next.
More+
Flag
Agreed. Daniel has always been my favorite beau of hers. And it sucks that it seems that he isn't the one and either Aiden is (thanks to that beach scene) or Jack still is (with that true love promo crap).
Alas, I think whatever love she had for Daniel went out the window when she found out he not only shot Aiden, but hid that from her. Or maybe I'm wrong and she'll feel more attracted to him since it makes him seem like he has bigger balls.

I personally was disappointed to learn that Aiden was still working with Emily. I really liked the idea of him working with Victoria against Emily but still having enough loyalty not to reveal her true identity. Maybe he'll be revealed to be a triple crosser.
Flag
She stopped caring for him the time Daniel chose to ignore what his parents did and continued to bad mouth David Clark
Flag
Wasn't that just a big drop in the relationship, not an end all? After all he said not only was it family loyalty but a move that needed to be further thought out. I thought with his separating from his father's company won him points. And I thought she still have a thing for him 9though maybe not as strong) as Nolan kept calling out on.
Flag
I remember her saying he had a his chance and missed it
Flag
Amanda should finally reveal herself to Charlotte and recruit her, and cut her bangs while at it,... You are right they dont seem to know what to do with Aiden, Charlotte and worst of all Jack, please either kill him, send him to honululu or whatever.

Comparing Aiden, Daniel and Jack, one is a sweet and capable murdermachine, the other a useless wannabe murderer and hypocrite and the last a stupid, whiny bitch.
Flag
Charlotte is kind of like Jack: in that they're both not the sharpest knives in the deck. They're not stupid per-se but they're not at a level to really be of much use without spilling the beans.

Jack is on the side-lines: so him knowing everything isn't too bad. He doesn't have much exposure to a manipulating Victoria or whatever. Charlotte is too emotional to be of much use. She'd spill the beans, try to go solo and "help" and make things worse, etc.

Add to that: I don't know how open she'd be to Emily actively messing with her family and being involved in all of the disasters she's dealt with. Hating her mother for being a jerk is one thing, trying to take down the family is another. Also she'd blame Emily for Fauxmanda's death as well as Jack's brother.
Flag
Can we get rid of Daniel by the end of this season ? I think he's the new Declan...
Flag
Can we just be done with all the other love interests & have her with Jack already. It is obvious where her heart truly lies, it's not with Daniel, not even with Aiden no matter how hard he tries, but with Jack. They're not even together yet & are already the hottest couple, it's kind of insane!
Flag
booooo I hate Jack and Emily
Flag
I liked Jack in this episode, and while I don't like the French woman, it was nice to see him with someone new. (The show does tend to inbreed a bit between its characters. I'm sure if Ashley was still around they'd be pairing her with Jack!) I still prefer Jack and Emily together (Daniel Aiden who?), but I don't think it would do much for the show to have them get together at this point. Emily happy almost seems antithetical to the show, if you know what I mean.
Flag
I agree. And I think he and the French woman actually work as a couple. Maybe not long term but definately for the short term.
Flag
But it's how we long for it to end!
Flag
Daniel was being a jealous douchebag in this one! I feel odd saying this but I was loving Jack and Charlotte. I think it's sweet that they are both looking out for each other. It's nice to know that Charlotte can actually care for someone else other than herself. (she's been extremely bratty and snobby lately) Not sure how I feel about Patrick. So far he has been a bore + he has no personality whatsoever. Also, he trusts Vicoria so much as not to attend Nolan's party? <

Aiden working with Emily is annoying and stupid. They keep recycling storylines. Seriously, no one cares about Aiden! Can he just leave, please? He has overstayed his welcome.

Also why does Emily need 3 love interests? Jack's her true love? (lol, okay)

Favorite lines:

"Together we are going to unravel and destroy that little BITCH!"

"Contemplating your burial at sea?"

"Thanks for the memento, sweetheart."

"A guilty heart is silent, it's pulse muffled by the secrets it keeps. Some believe confession can release a tortured soul. Others viewed as a sign of weakness because ultimately whatever you say, however you feel about what you've done, it's irrelevant, for the hand of death is equally unforgiving."
More+
Flag
That "burial at sea" comment almost had me spit out my water. LOL, classic ridiculous from Victoria.
Flag
More people want Emily to end up with Aiden than with Jack. You are in a minority Chris17blue! Sorry and all that :)
Flag
Cool. That's your opinion. ^ But tell me this -What's his purpose other than being Emily's love interest? None.

We already have Nolan to team up with Emily. And since Aiden entered the picture, more time is being spent proping Emily and Aiden's "love" story other than developing Emily and Nolan together.
Flag
Emily and Nolan is actually the best 'couple' on the show, I'd say!
Flag
Well to use your line of reasoning, what is Jack's purpose other than being Emily's childhood crush? Aiden at least shares Emily's revenge, her intelligence and her skills. More than can be said for Jack.
Flag
Aiden gets in her way constantly,I have wanted him gone since he first showed up.
Flag
I never thought about it like that. Good points, they are both sort of there for that reason, and not really integrated in the story the way some of the other characters are.

I'd say that Jack is a "normal person", or as close to it as anyone on the show is. Though that is definitely waning fast. While Aiden is sort of the same as Emily? Which is good, but sometimes not necessary, she already has an accomplice in Nolan who has a different skill set than her.

At least in the first season, Jack's function on the show was to be a motivation for Emily that she could have a "normal life" after everything was done (deluded as that thinking may be). I just mention that because as a COOL PERSON (ahem.......) I just watched a large part of the first season over the weekend, and that was my thinking.
Flag
I don't even like Jack. When I said "Jack's her true love" I was simply refering to the promo of the next episode. The announcer said he is her true love. So I was poking fun at that and whatnot. ^

ps. Did you miss the laugh out loud part?
Flag
I care about Aiden !
And from last week's episode it was kind of obvious that he was still working with/for Emily....
Flag
I love how Nolan is dressing this season!
Flag
Load More Comments
Follow this Show
Members