A Revenge Community
ABC (ended 2015)

Revenge S03E22: "Execution"

Guys, I think Revenge has out WTF-ed itself! The Season 3 finale elated me probably as much as it frustrated me, which is more than I was expecting, honestly. It successfully rebooted the series for Season 4—not that the show necessarily deserved another chance after the mess it created in Seasons 2 and 3—while also tying up storylines that were seasons in the making. But despite the eye-roll worthiness of several of the episode's developments, "Execution" felt a bit like a return to form in how quickly it set up and knocked down several pins within 42 minutes. For the first time in what feels like forever, the show moved at a pace faster than that of molasses. So let's talk about it!

VICTORIA KNOWS!

As we all know, Revenge is at its best when Emily and Victoria are at each other's throats. The show put Vicky on a leash for the first half of Season 3, much to the disappointment of fans everywhere. But after Emily was shot in the midseason finale, Vee's been back in fine form, and the case was no different in "Execution" because Victoria confirmed that Emily was actually Amanda Clarke! Plus, Emily stopped playing nice and WHACKED VICTORIA WITH A SHOVEL. Thinly veiled barbs, icy glares, and complicated machinations only get you so far. I can't remember the last time I actually cheered during an episode of Revenge, but I've never been more excited about a plot development on this show as I was when Emily had finally had enough of Victoria's bullshit and responded by whacking her with a shovel. Finding out that Emily'd had her committed to the looney bin was just the cherry on top of the deliciously evil sundae.

R.I.P. AIDEN

When Barry Sloane joined a new ABC pilot earlier this spring, the writing was on the wall. When it was picked up to series last week, it confirmed what I already knew: that Aiden was going to die in the finale. It's no secret that I've never liked the character, but I do wish the series had been able to write him out without killing him. Unfortuantely, his death was necessary to spur Emily into action. Now that her father's name has been cleared, Revenge needs a new revenge mission, and with Aiden's death, the show has more than enough hatred to fuel its plot engines in Season 4. 

Now, with all that said, it must be stated that I was definitely more fond of Aiden's midseason departure when he disappeared to the Bahamas or whatever, because I would much rather think of him drinking mai tais on a beach surrounded by scantily clad women as opposed to remembering that final image of him sitting propped up on Emily's couch, mouth agape with lifeless eyes. I don't want to know how Victoria managed to move his body (she had to have had an accomplice, right?), but Aiden did deserve better. I mean, death by paralysis and smothering? The dude at least deserved to be stabbed with a katana or something! 

A BOY AND HIS DEAD HOOKER, THE DANIEL GRAYSON STORY

I won't even pretend to care about Daniel, Margaux, her brother Gideon, or the complicated and stupid storylines still revolving around Voulez, so I'll make this short: Gideon partnered with Nolan and proceeded to get Daniel wasted on absinthe, paid a girl in coke (was she a hooker? I don't even know, and to be honest, I don't even care), and somehow she ended up dead in bed next to Daniel. Revenge has too many plots going on right now to even pretend that this one is interesting, and it would've bee smart to drop whatever the hell this cracked-out soap storyline is. But this development made me laugh, I have to say. Way to embrace your crazy bullshit, Revenge.

OMG THEY KILLED CONRAD / WTF, DAVID CLARKE IS ALIVE?

If Michael Scofield had David Clarke's number, Prison Break would've been a made-for-TV movie. Apparently it's SUPER easy to break a terrorist out of prison, guys! I feel very, very safe right now. Conrad was only behind bars for like 24 hours before David simply paid off a security guard and had him help Conrad escape while disguised as a priest. Given Conrad's sins, having him masquerade as a man of the cloth is all kinds of wrong, but, like, in a way that just felt so right. 

I don't mind that Conrad escaped, but I think bringing back David Clarke is a huge mistake. It weakens Revenge's entire structure and foundation. Emily wanted revenge for what the Graysons did to her father, and with Conrad behind bars and Victoria locked up in a psychiatric hospital—essentially doing to them what they did to David and to Emily—she had everything she wanted. But surprise! David Clarke wasn't murdered at all! He was just on vacation in the Catskills! And now he's murdered Conrad! Henry Czerny was often the best part of Revenge, and I'm not exaggerating when I say the series will be far less exciting, far less talented, and far less fun if Conrad is actually dead. 

And guys, I'm just throwing this out there, but I think David Clarke is an A-hole. Victoria told Emily that the man she remembered was very different from the man she loved, and I think we've seen that. We all thought David was a pretty cool dude who just happened to be framed for murdering a bunch of people—and yes, it's probable that he really was that guy prior to going to prison—but he's not that guy anymore. He might not have been the terrorist Conrad painted him as in the media, but he is a murderer. He's definitely not the man Emily remembers, and when she inevitably finds out, I have a feeling she's going to be conflicted about his resurfacing. 

It makes sense that he had to lay low until his name was cleared, but it was also kind of a dick move to make his daughter do all his dirty work. Could you imagine how much smoother this entire revengenda would have been if he'd just partnered with Emily in the first place so she didn't have to comb through his diaries to find hidden meaning? David Clarke is not going to win any Father of the Year awards, is what I'm saying.

WHERE DO WE GO FROM HERE?

Revenge has essentially hit the reset button for Season 4, but at what cost? Emily thinks she's won this battle, but that's debatable. How many bodies had to drop for her to accomplish this goal? How many sacrifices did she have to make? How many pieces of her soul did she give up/how many horcruxes did she have to create in order to get to where she is? I personally don't think Revenge earned a fourth season, or that it needed a fourth season. I would've been happy with Conrad behind bars and Victoria in restraints, but ABC didn't ask for my opinion. But at least the finale did a swell job of tying things up, which is more than I would have predicted at the beginning of Season 3.

And so, here are some questions to think about until the show returns for Season 4 in the fall: Is Conrad really dead? How did David Clarke survive? What has he been doing all this time—needlepoint, home-brewing, binge-watching Prison Break? How long until Emily discovers the truth about her father? How many patterns can Nolan actually wear at one time? Is Jack going to jail even though he's actually the person who released Charlotte? And for the love of God, why is Charlotte so, so, so, so, so terrible? 

Previously Aired Episode

AIRED ON 5/10/2015

Season 4 : Episode 23

337 Comments
Comments (338)
Submit
Sort: Latest | Popular
I'm actually looking forward to season 4. My only regret is that Aiden died, but I do think this action was a necessary evil. RIP Aiden ;'(. I am curious as to how Emily will react upon realizing that her father is alive. Also, did anyone stop to think that DC is revenging Amanda's death thinking it's his little girl. I mean, Conrad did confess to getting rid of Amanda so maybe that's the breaking point for David and he just couldn't hide anymore. David would be a fool for going back to Victoria so I really don't see that happening! Anyway, long live David Clarke and I cant wait to see more of Nolan's mixed prints! :))
Flag
I've just watched the season finale in the UK. I have to admit I have mixed feelings about the reveal that DC is alive. I think if the writers deal with it well it could work, but if not it could undo everything the show has been about and its basic premise. I will be extremely disappointed if it is handled badly and goes against everything the show was based on. It would make no sense to destroy the root of the show like that, even if it is edgy and subversive.
I think it would be a very bad idea if it turns out DC is a bad guy, I think he needs to stay a good guy (albeit a bitter or somehow damaged one)- that would help keep the relationship on which the show is based (Amanda/her dad) in tact. I am hoping that DC killed Conrad not only for framing him and having him 'killed' (from which he somehow lived), but also for being responsible for 'Amanda's' death (if he has heard that Amanda Clarke had died on the news, he would assume that was his daughter) and perhaps treating Charlotte badly too. If Emily and DC were to work together that would be good to see and maybe they could join forces to finish the revenge that still needs to be done.
The idea that someone mentioned about Nolan being in on it, I can see how he could be (like the way he got Mason Treadwell out of prison and thought dead), but that would tarnish his and Emily's relationship too and that level of betrayal is just too much especially after all they've been through.
Really hoping they don't turn the whole show on its head and lose its heart and premise..
More+
Flag
so i can't believe David Clarke is alive. I think they didn't know the show would be so popular and need to continue the storyline for several more seasons. So this crazy instance was a necessary evil to keep the series going for several more years. They better not f-it up. They need better planning as far as writing the storyline for the season and not just "winging it". Come on, come up with something awesome then stick to it (like season 1)!!
I think making Victoria and David Clarke hook up again would be an awesome twist. Amanda/Emily won't know what hit her!! haha then Victoria can have fun with Amanda/Emily. That would be so awesome. And Charlotte siding with her mom, against Amanda/Emily. Would be great!!! David Clarke and Victoria Grayson....reunitied!! Would make Amanda/Emily vomit.... seeing the old Clarke vs. Grayson rivalry suddenly dissapear.... at her emotional expense. Then she will be the one ending up in the Mental Ward... haha
Maybe even a Grayson & Clarke tie the knot event.... a celebrity extraveganza or something like that would throw a monkey wrench in Amanda/Emily's revenge.... but yet she still persists????? Hrmmm...... there must be more to this revenge..... Perhaps she cant come to grips with all the emotional damage that was caused to her during her childhood.....yet David Clarke could care less, he just wants Victoria. haha But then her mom somehow comes back and confronts David. And her mom ends up helping Amanda/Emily deal with her messed up emotions and all the past hurts..being that her mom is a recovering mental patient herself...
How about bring grandpa grayson back. Who helps Daniel along on his journey to becoming a completely full-fledged Evil Grayson. Money and power used the "right way", is what Grandpa will teach his little budding grandboy... tricks of the trade. Also David Clarke being evil will help his stepson Daniel Grayson on his path to becoming truly evil.
Also bringing Ashley back.... either as an ally of Emily, or Victoria. Would be interesting. Since she does have a strong history with both women... She could play friend with both women, but her loyalty will be a delicious mystery as she surprises them both with her true loyalty somewhere down the road...during a very key game-changing event. Would be nice!!! (if this actress can pull that off...) would be awesome.

More+
Flag
I love this show. I think every episode had a point. I laughed, I cried, I cheered when Victoria got hit with the shovel. As a true fan of Revenge I feel season four is necessary. Daniel deserves to get his as well for shooting Emanda and being such an asshole. And Charlotte needs to stop being so clueless and mean to her halfster. I just wanna see Nolan succeed and be happy he deserves it. Also we dont know the story on why David let his daughter do his dirt or be in hiding. but im sure he had good reason. And I did like Conrad but he had it coming. Im excited to see whats coming next....
Flag
OMG! Show started off good but way too much beating the bush, weird actions that didn't make sense for someone wanting revenge. I got to the point I gave up, kept dozing off. I just saw S03E21 omg finally the show is over (for me). Scared to see the last episode, if Conrad pulls strings and gets out... screw this show, I'm done
Flag
I just want Daniel killed off and the Voulez storyline to end now. It all just feels so irrelevant to the main storyline and I find myself dozing off every time Margoux comes onscreen.
Flag
I quite like the direction in which this series is going. Though her original goal was to take vengeance on all those that contributed to David's incarceration and wrongfully being deemed a terrorist, we have seen, as in season two, that they are much bigger villains to face. The direction of season four is surely of Emily/Amanda continuing Aiden's journey of revenge by taking down those who contributed to his father's murder. I would not be shocked if these same people had their hands in helping put David behind bars. Because it this is such a dramatic turn of events, Daniel and Charlotte are certainly to take their parents place, and Victoria may come out of that psych ward unless her children do well to feel her and Conrad's void. Though his name may be cleared, David will surely want to see those who helped put him behind bars suffer as well. This even does not include those they may have had ties to those who have died in the series.
Flag
The season finale felt like the potential series finale ... just in case there was no renewal. A few edits to remove some of the new cliffhangers and the series would have satisfactorily wrapped up many of the ongoing story lines.
I have to admit this was the best episode of the past two seasons. We see Victoria getting up close and personal with cold blooded murder. No more ambiguity with her moral center...there is none. Loved her being restrained in the Psych Ward. Perfect revenge.
David Clark resurfaces and shows that he also can be a murderer, although prison and the destruction of his life at the hands of Conrad makes it less cold blooded.
I agree with the article that Conrad was one of the better characters on the show. With so many poor characters coming and going on the show I know I will miss him. But the show is called 'Revenge'.
Flag
Condrad is dead. Victoria is in nuthouse. David Clark's name is cleared. Emily got her Revenge. This should be The End. No need for season 4.
Flag
Agreed. I'm gonna watch season 4 but I wish it was done.
Flag
of all the characters they can kill in this show, why can't they ever kill off charlotte!? she is probably the most mind numbingly stupid character on this show, and let's be fair it would in minimising the boring sideline storylines
Flag
Because killing Charlotte off would only be hot for 15 seconds and then we'd all forget about her just like Declan. Her only purpose for still being in the show is the fact she is Emily's half sister and now that David is "back" it could be minutely interesting in the future. Doesn't matter though, I'm moving on to follow Aiden to his new show lol. I'm pretty done with Revenge. Killing Aiden was the series finale for me.
Flag
I can't wait for season 4.
Flag
So will we find out Daniel and Margaux are siblings ? They never kisses!
Flag
Kaitlin I think you missed something. David didn't make his daughter do anything, in fact he specifically told not to seek revenge. But I do agree that David suddenly appearing and killing Conrad made no sense at all and undid the basis of the show completely.
Flag
I agree with you both. He told her not to seek revenge yet he supplied her with all the tools necessary to do so. It's like giving a homeless person a sandwich and saying don't eat it.
Flag
Seriously guys....if you don't like wats happening...don't watch the show...I love it...I will miss Aiden xx...but I can't wait to see who or wat Emily will be up to next ...:-)
Flag
Couldnt agree more if you dont like the show. Watch something else. Or do your t.v.s only get abc?
Flag
This review was so bad, and you missed the point on so many levels that I didn't bother to finish reading it. I am puzzled as to why you even bothered to review Revenge. You lack insight, and your writing lacks integrity. You really should go back to school and take a good creative writing class or two--and a class on journalism wouldn't hurt.

I'll go elsewhere and read a real review that is written with some small measure of dignity and professionalism; one that is more about the Revenge TV program and less about the person writing the review.

Flag
@DaisyMaeScragg:

Go back under your bridge, troll!
Flag
Honestly, I don't think anyone is going to care whether or not you read the review to be honest. She certainly doesn't have to take the time out of her day to write it. She can write whatever she wants in her review. She could put random stuff like Emily's hair reminds her of unicorns or Rainbow Brite if she wanted. It's really a matter of her opinion, and whether you choose to read it or not is completely up to you. There's no reason for you to be so rude about what she writes though, if you don't like it, write your own review. I'm sure you'd probably have people come and criticize you as well, though. Just thought I would give my opinion, since you so freely gave yours.
Flag
so many doubters no matter how good and how shocking they make people here seem to doubt and i thought this was an insanely epic finale. and kaitlyn maybe rather then saying that this show is going to be unexciting didnt u ever think of the interesting storylines that bringing back david clarke could bring to this show?
Flag
OK, considering this is Revenge and parentage isn't what it seems and people are not who they seem my guess is:

-it's not David at the end but his son he didn't know he had (or brother if you are going to get hung up on age)

-Dead hooker will be removed by Gideon who will then blackmail Daniel (and can you say Godfather II?)

-next season will be Daniel/Gideon/Margot battling for control of Voulez

-I hope Conrad is dead, I'm getting tired of Deux Ex Machina plot devices

But overall a good finale. Too bad it wasn't at the end of season 2 and then have series end on high note.
Flag
And to put it there out into the universe, we need a Jack and Emily/Amanda romance for Season 4.
And let's hope Season 4 is the closing point, let's not drag this more than it should be dragged.

Flag
So...what is there to revenge for, now that David's alive? Will he team up with Emily/Amanda? But what is there left to take care of?
Or maybe things are not what they seem for David and he actually IS responsible for doing something bad? Will father and daugther clash?
My mind's gonna explode till fall.
I loved your review, my feelings exactly.
Flag
I see that everything is going to what was writen before the serie started; "Before you embark on a journey of revenge, dig two graves.
Flag
I love this show but i did not want a fourth season! I think that 3 seasons were more than enough to settle Emily's "revenge"-and i have been dreading them bringing back David Clarke-NOOOO! It just seems all wrong....oh well. Truth is I don't know if i will watch season 4...just seems way tooo much
Flag
I never agreed more with a review than with this one! Everything you said was exactly what I thought. Aiden deserved to die like a fighter althought I never loved him anyway. But I was sure he was going to die because him and Emily seemed so happy and that always makes me believe that everything is going to end badly, Charlotte and Daniel are horrible and hope to get ride of one of them soon. I was waiting for the big confrontation between Victoria and Emily since the beginning of the show and it was amazing, but I hope to see more discussions between them now that the cards are on the table. And the ending with Conrad dead and David Clarke alive was such a big mistake! Conrad death wil create a big void in the show. Who will be the villain now? David Clarke? The actor who played Conrad had such an elegance about him that I don't see in many others. Resurrecting David Clarke and making him a killer is like pulling the rug from under all of us. We all thought that David Clarke was an innocent person and now it turns out that he was alive and was letting his daughter to suffer and sacrifice so much to revenge his death. The resurrection took away the moral ground on which Emily based her revenge. That's the only thing that dissapointed me about the finale.
More+
Flag
I partially agree. It does not take away her moral ground for her revenge. Her father was still charged with all those criminal activities. Even if he were alive, she would still want to take away the lives of those that contributed to his incarceration. The fact that he was supposedly dead just added more fuel to the fire, and gave her the ability to seek revenge. If he did not pose as being dead, she would have never had the finances to do everything she has done thus far, or what she is going to do given that Aiden is dead and his path to avenge his father's death is incomplete. This is the new direction of the fourth season, as well as possibly her and her father still going after those that put him behind bars. As we see with the show, there are many others behind the scenes pulling strings which not only conspired against David, but also Aiden's father. As with season 2, there are still those in a much bigger league causing people grievances that people may want to avenge.
Flag
What a great finale! Sure, it's been a really really long road to get here but this finale was so fun to watch that it was kinda worth it. David being back is a little over the top but at least they don't do it halfway! Can't wait for next season!
Flag
You have said it so good all my frustrations and your hilarious. But I also want to add to this. If Jack and Emily somewhere earlier had more than a connection even briefly. I would understand why they killed Aiden. Aiden in the beginning I didn't like at all, but the meet me at the island exit felt so Revenge I loVed it. Now it's a disgrace slap in the face to my time. Why would Aiden a trained Soldier not just pretend he is dead. Is Vickys newly introduced lover whom I have no emotional attachment to worth killing Aiden? It does seem like they are tryinG to shape Jack into becoming Emilys lover. But he doesn't get it. Yes even if he also Lost ppl. If they end up together it will be anticlimax galore. N O Abc get your writers act together. This show is heading for shit. The entire point for Revenge is Honour. Not so that you wakeup and discover all your sacrifices were in vain. And one more thing it would've been better if every bit of excitement isn't left for the finale. Drop the french I liked Pascal but the rest is a sad joke!
More+
Flag
Wow what a finale. Was really sad that aiden died. I really liked him. Victoria is so evil and a murderer! I was so happy when Emily whacked her with the shovel and her ending up in the psych ward was exactly what she deserved. I really wish she would stay there for life. I can't believe whether Conrad is actually dead. He is pure evil and I wish he would rot in jail. I'm a little disappointed that David is alive. It kinda makes Emily's revenge kinda pointless. What has he been doing all these years? Why wouldn't he contact her? That's a horrible thing to do, especially after everything Emily has done to clear his name. Glad that it's finally been cleared now. Omg and the whole Daniel thing (I really can't stand him). I dong even want to go there. And why is Charlotte so annoying? I hope jacks name gets cleared. Curious to see where the next season is headed.
Flag
I was also a fan of B.Sloan as a good match for Emily and will miss him.
Flag
I also think it would have been a good way to end the show with Victoria, Conrad and Daniel locked away for good
Flag
Not that ABC asked me, but I sure wish Revenge had ended with Conrad and Victoria locked up for life, Daniel going back to jail (again, yawn) and Charlotte -what can anyone say about Charlotte --when she's there she's not really there. With David Clarke's name cleared, Ems and Aiden could have settled into a country manor in England or sailed off to paradise. Fade to black. Can't see any way that bringing DC back doesn't negate the last 3 seasons. All that revenge for a faux dead man? A cheap trick.. If Emily really wants to revenge Aiden's death, perhaps it's her father she'll have to kill. Yawn, again.
Flag
She wasnt avenging her fathers death if you were paying attention she says at the beginning of every show he was wrongly accused for crimes he didn't commit thus leading to her brainwashing and foster home placement. She only found out in her quest for revenge that the Graysons had a hand in his death as well. But what I dont understand is if you hate the show so much why watch it. Change the channel.
Flag
Again I will say that I can't believe how many people hated Aiden......I loved Aiden, and his chemistry with Emily is way more intense than her and Jack. I do realize that the show would have to have Emily and Jack end up together so I can see how killing Aiden off was necessary, but I still was very sad to see him go, and by Victoria no less.....ugh! I too actually cheered from my couch when Emily hit Victoria with that shovel, it was perfect! And of all the people to really hate on this show, Charlotte is it. All she does is whine and whoever the actress is that plays her, she should get some acting lessons because she is horrible. Every time she comes on screen I lose all interest, I wish they would have killed her off instead of Aiden.
Flag
I loved Aiden (the brit accent definitely was a plus)...but I loved his character, the face that with him Amanda could finally have a happy ending at the end of it all...and they had real chemistry too, not like Jack the whiner.
Flag
I agree I loved aiden it made me sad when he died because they seemed truly happy together. I saw her normal life die with him.
Flag
Plenty of people loved Aiden too. Some people couldn't cope with his accent but they just need to broaden their world view a little. English accents are so cool.
Flag
I'll miss Aiden. He was a much better match for Emily than the others.
Flag
Also, Charlotte recognised the way Jack held her shoulder? I mean, really? Even for Revenge, that's pretty stupid. Why didn't they just have him give her a lift in his car, and her notice the rip in the seat?
Flag
Pretty intense finale, but I agree with you - I'm really going to miss Conrad, he was always by favourite character on the show. And David should not be alive, that's just a load of crap.
Flag
Both Conrad and Aiden will be missed by many people. Yet they kept useless characters like Charlotte and Margeaux.
Flag
Yes I don't get this at all!
Flag
Totally - I think Conrad was my favourite - so good at being so bad!
Flag
Considering it was stated at the show's inception that it would loosely follow the narrative of the count of monte cristo (alexandre dumas) it shouldn't have come as a surprise to ANYONE that David Clarke was alive.
Do you research people, not that big of a shocker.
Flag
I'm so happy there will be no more Aidan! he was never real character only a means for some plots to be executed. Also, no chemistry with Ems whatsoever.
Flag
You think Aiden had no chemistry with Emily??? I'm guessing you failed chemistry classes at school then. Either that or you need glasses.
Flag
Emily had more chemistry with Aiden than Jack or Daniel..I thought they were perfect together
Flag
Ahhh Prison Break... how I loved it. Mmmm... good old days. *daydreaming*
Flag
A good finale overall but... David Clarke is alive, so everything Emily did was kinda for nothing. Or at least for a father who is not dead! (fail)
And Aiden death was necessary because Emily will end up with Jack. Kinda obvious...
Anyway, I'll probaly be watching next season.

Flag
Thank you Revenge. I'm so so so so happy that Aiden is D E A D!!!! Thank you so so so so much... :). Nice Harry Potter shot out. I don't have to suffer through another visit from Aiden. Go Victoria! I'm so HAPPY!
Flag
Thanks ABC for giving me a good reason to stop watching the show...

Flag
I want to see Emily get a better pay off with Revenge against Daniel. He did shoot her, he did beat her up, he did humiliate and mock her, he did make her unable to conceive. Yes Emily needs a lot more of a Revenge pay off where Daniel is concerned. The she needs to knock Charlotte up-side the head and slap some sense into that spoiled-troubled-brat. And for icing on the cake, to visit and taunt Victoria in the padded room. What I don't want to see is the Revenge story shift sides. I don't want to see Victoria, any of the Grayson's start a Revenge agenda with results against Emily.
Flag
ok, ok, I admit it was a (somewhat) good finale. they did tie up some loose ends. there's just one thing that's still unresolved: with Victoria in the looney bin and Conrad bleeding on the streets (not to mention the dead hooker and Daniel), what will happen to the sex den? do you think the butler watched all the news and is now playboy-ing it out himself? all the strawberries and champagne you can eat!
Flag
we all believed that dived Clarke is a good man from what we saw in emily flash back about her father and this is all we know about dived and nothing else but what if dived is not the good man we all know and there is another side to him we don't know about i mean he killed Conrad Grayson without a second thought we will see who e really is in season 4
Flag
What we usually saw was a man playing with his daughter on the beach.
Flag
I can't wait for the season 4 to find out, whether Nolan gets a boyfriend or a girlfriend.
Flag
Very good episode where a lot of things happened! I am sad that Aiden died because he and Emily seemed to have a genuine thing going which was a rare if not a unique thing for both of them. Moving Aiden's body to Emily's beach house and setting it on the couch in front of the fire is possibly the worst thing Victoria has ever done to Emily and it begged to be repaid in kind. So when Emily had Victoria committed to a mental hospital it seemed fitting. I'll admit, when Emily said she was going to dig up David Clarke's grave I didn't know where the story was going, but then it began to make sense. If there would not have been all of the stuff with the letters "from" David Clarke to Charlotte and that whole thing, his reappearance would have been more of a surprise. So as it stands Revenge blew this one. Conrad didn't seem too surprised to see David Clarke, but then again does anything surprise him anymore? I'd expect not given that his entire adult life has been spent in the company of Victoria and Daniel as well as various other unsavory people.

Biggest questions for next season: When/If Emily will find out David Clarke is still alive and what will she do then? Nolan and Gideon in business together? Jack arrested for kidnapping?
More+
Flag
I will miss Conard. He was the best. David being back does not surprise me because Nolan never saw his body. Emily has done more in this episode than all the seasons put together. I don't care who leaves the show but I want Nolan & Jack to be there with Emily ( Amanda).

I am glad Emily was rude to Charlotte. She is a b*tch. I am glad she will stay away from Jack now. Her overacting was unbearable. All of Victoria's children are overact like her. I was hoping Charlotte to die this season but sadly it was conrad. Next season (Fingers Crossed).
Flag
The final 5 minutos of the episodes were the best of the whole show ! I think Victoria was right, David is not a good man.
Flag
Basically with the reveal of a living David Clarke, the creators are telling me to forget everything that happened in the previous seasons. Despite that, and a few other things, this was an enjoyable, fast-paced episode.
Flag
I know right!? It really pisssed me off that he's alive...man, this show...
Flag
Seeing evil cop Bellick again was hilarious!
Flag
"And for the love of God, why is Charlotte so, so, so, so, so terrible?" I couldn't agree more. She's such a waste of space on this show.
Flag
I was hoping Charlotte to die this season but sadly it was conrad. Next season (Fingers Crossed).
Flag
It was easily the best episode since season one !
Am not shocked or surprised about David reveal because since Season two , when we get introduced to the initiative , i though he would be alive and wants to kill everyone would stop him .
At the end , i think David will be the bad guy , he made his daughter to do the dirty job for him and the story will be about Emily VS David
Flag
Also, describing DC as a villain, let's not forget that Conrad admitted to killing 'Amanda Clark' on camera, so David believes the man who ruined his life killed his daughter as well. I'm sure being a convicted international terrorist it would be very dangerous to let anyone know, including his daughter, that he was still alive. I actually like this plot addition. It doesn't necessarily make the revenge useless -- Emily and David's lives were ruined, not to mention the hundreds of people aboard the plane that was brought down. Revenge is never perfect, it never ends well.
Flag
Also, will miss Conrad. He was the most likable vilian ever.
Flag
Hey, what about Jack? No mention of Charlotte realizing he was one of her abductors and callously turning him over to the police? Major story line!!
Flag
Nothing Charlotte does is a major story line! :)
Flag
I think the scenario feels so forced to continue as all this happens. Part of me just wants to go on watching the show but part of me clearly thinks It should have ended long ago with a decent finale. Emily already discovered her mom was nothing like she expected in earlier seasons and now her father isn't what she believes him to be??!! And the one person she loved is murdered. It is too much bad fate! Even for Emily!

Flag
Load More Comments
Follow this Show
Members