Revenge

Destiny

Aired Sunday 10:00 PM Sep 30, 2012 on ABC

• Surprise!

I didn't expect to like Revenge but I can't help but get stuck with it last season. Last season finale, I have to say Bravo on a job well done but tonight's episode... not so much suspense than I am used to except for the part where Madeleine Stowe is alive so yeah I'm all into it. Charlotte started with a very strong plot last night with her addiction and being put away from her family.

I got so affected when Emily went to see Amanda, I so wanna pull Amanda's (real Emily) hair, talk about being passive-aggressive was it because she's pregnant? Oh well looking forward for Sunday. And Ashley's character hmmm... intolerable as expected, what with the weird accent?
  • Promising start

I liked the episode; but I have to say that in comparison to the intense season one finale, it was surprisingly lackluster/quiet. It was not terrible by any means, but certainly not the best the show has to offer. Nevertheless, it did have some strong points and it definitely worked in a sense as a premiere episode. I mean it managed to set up perfectly what each character had been up to and set up all the pieces for the rest of the season. While, the first season was Emily's revenge against the Grayson, this one is clearly the mystery of Emily's mother, who she is and what exactly happened to her.

- While it was no surprise that Victoria was, I liked the way they handled the whole situation. First, there was that red herring at the beginning alive with the search of survivors, that turned out to be the next mystery. Second, they didn't include Madeleine Stowe in the credits and then they had Charlotte whisper her fate to Emily.

- The opening scene with the lights piercing the water, the sunken boat, the body- was kind of haunting and beautiful. This show nearly always has cool opening scenes, I think. That being said, while I think the big mystery was visually striking, the execution wasn't as exciting as last season it was done in a more subdued manner.

- It was a little hard to believe that if the government is keeping Victoria at the 'hidden' location, that they would not be filming/bugging her and that she would not at least suspect it - meaning that she would not risk having the white-haired man come to visit, plus they would have seen Emily (who also would have to suspect that the government would be watching).

- I liked the parallels between the pilot episode and this one. For instance, Emily on the boat looking through the round mirror, only to see Ashley instead of Victoria. Then near the end, when Emily is on the deck holding the belt with the infinity symbol from her mom and from up at the Grayson manor, Daniel was looking down at her, where as last season it was Victoria.

- I'm confused. The white haired man is shown talking to Victoria, surely he has told her that Emily is Amanda? Didn't he tell Victoria? Did I miss something? Didn't Emily reveal to the white haired man her true identity when she almost killed him in last season's finale? Wouldn't he have told Victoria that info if they are aligned with each other? Does Victoria know Emily is Amanda Clarke then?

-Why is it so hard to believe that Jack is the baby's father? He and Fauxmanda were livingand sleeping together for months. It's not a huge stretch that he's the father. Please don't have the writers fall on the old trope of the woman lying about whom the baby's father is. It's old and tired and frankly as soapy as the show is, this isn't the Maury show. I thinkit's more interesting that he is the father and explore the consequences of his actions.

- I like the new Charlotte; she finally has a bigger purpose to the story. I'm kind of hoping she's the character that discovers Emily's identity and joins forces with her. I mean, it was nice seeing that Charlotte trusted Emily enough to let her know where her mother was.

- Am I the only one thinking that Ashley is sleeping with both Daniel and Conrad? I mean, Conrad's expression when his son talked about Ashley was quite suspicious. The whole ""at least she won't cheat on me" was especially eyebrow-raising.

• Shes Alive!!!!!!

This was a great way to start season 2 of revenge, theres were so many shocks and twists. ok sure i didnt really think Victoria would be dead but i was still shocked by how quick they revelaed she was alive, lesser shows would of dragged that out but revenge gets straight to the point. I also loved all the little call backs to the pilot in this episode even though this is only the shows 23rd episode is has a certian nostalgia to it which makes it feel like the show has been on for years. Overall i really liked this episode it set things up nicely for season 2 and left me craving for more!
  • liked it but didnt love it

I have to say I was a bit disappointed with the episode because things didn't really pick till like the last 10 minutes. So I will give one more episode to see if things pick up.
  • Destiny

Destiny was a perfect season two premiere of Revenge. I really enjoyed watching because the opening quote was awesome, the character and plot development were complex, and there was a lot of drama and other intrigue. The scenes where Emily was tied to a post and faced the oceans waves were awesome. It was interesting to learn more about what happened to Victoria. I also was intrigued to see how far Conrad would go in order to control Charlotte. It was interesting to see Jack in a dilemma over "Amanda" and "Emily" which was entertaining. I liked the ending and certainly look forward to watching what happens next!!!!!!!!!
  • Oh no! She's dead!!

I couldn't believe it when I saw the credits flash by in the beginning....No Madeleine Stowe. I was sooo sure last season that the plane crash wouldn't kill her. After all, she (and Emily Vancamp) was the star of this show. But no Madeleine in the credits...rats...this sucks.

But then, finally, great news...she's alive! Clever to not include her in the credits at the beginning, she got her credit at the end instead.

Well...Revenge is back...and with a vengeance. This is going to be a great season 2:)
  • An amazing come back?

What a come back? What should i begin with?First of all i wanted to make clear that i was sure that this bitch Victoria could not just died so easily. Now even more than ever her true character and plans are being revealed somethimg that will lead Charlotte to become the most valuable ally of Emily's.For god shake this Daniel is a morron, he is completely uselless not to mention Ashley's evil tactics. I really adored the courage and the strength Charlotte showed to protect her evil mother.I must also point out the fact that Amanda's baby cannot be Jack's at all.I hope Emily survives. That's all. Well great start anyway and keep it that way . This season is gonna be quite breathtaking.
  • It's no surprise that Revenge and Reinvention share the same first letter!

SPOILER FREE REVIEW

What an amazing premiere this one was! It's very very rare to find a show that can reinvent itself so flawlessly whilst still remaining true to its roots. This episode of revenge has managed to achieve just that and that is, in no way, an easy feat!

I have been waiting all summer for this episode and no matter how many ways I have flipped the events of the finale of last season inside my head, I never managed to come up with a viable way of keeping Revenge going as a TV show across multiple seasons. Boy, was I wrong and gladly so! This of course, is now, no longer a concern of mine. It's no surprise that Revenge and Reinvention share the same first letter!

Welcome Season 2 and may you, Revenge, remain here for many many seasons to come. I am hooked!

• 2x01 "Destiny"

Revenge is back and better than ever! If the last season was so good, I really expect this season to be better, and after watching the premiere I think it will be. The writers have a lot of stuff to play with this season. And after watching the promo for next Sunday, I really cannot wait.
  • Great start!

So excited that Revenge is back! And what a start to season 2! Lots of bombshells and exciting continuations to major storylines!

I particularly love what they've done with Charlotte and her storyline. Interesting scenes with Amanda and Jack as well! Absolutely interesting and I can't wait to see what ahappens there!

A phenomenal start to season 2! I can't wait fo r the next episode!