Revenge

Duress

Aired Sunday 10:00 PM Jan 04, 2012 on ABC

• Duress? Manipulation more likely!

I think Emily played Tyler brillantly and I found myself highly entertained with the first episode after the holidays. It is my special New Year's treat. Even if everyone saw Tyler's breakdown coming as we have not been blind it wasn't the question when or if it would happen. It was the how which held my interest throughout the episode always bearing in mind that at the end of the season we need a suspect for Daniel's murder (if the person shot indeed is Daniel). There might be a great moment looming at the end of season one which hopefully we'll be able to compare to the Dallas mystery of "who shot JR?". It seems that one suspect has been eliminated for good but with Revenge you never know even the almost dead come back unexpectedly and with a vengeance.

I really liked the episode playing on relatively close quarters. I got the impression of watching a stage play or a challenging chess game. For the most part the party guests were interacting with meaningful glances and facial expressions. And the subtle biting side blow served with a chilly smile.

Though the best part for me was that Emily has finally come to terms with Nolan and even apologized to him. Now it's time for Emily's next move on the Graysons. I can't wait to see what she'll do now that (finally) Tyler is out of the picture.