Revenge Forums

Sunday 10:00 PM on ABCIn Season

Discussion Thread

yvonneslair

[1]May 17, 2011
    • level: 55

Here is a thread for all to talk and discuss Revenge both in the run up to it's debut and during the season.

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

SaurabhWadhwa

[2]May 22, 2011
    • level: 3
    so lets start

DERBEST

[3]Sep 19, 2011
    • level: 21

Seems an interesting show...I love Revenge Themed TV Shows...But tbh it all depends on its capacity to insert the unpredictability element, the blow your mind scenes...

skythsmith

[4]Sep 20, 2011
    • level: 1

Loved the pre-air. Victim#1. Poor Lydia .. at least she got back her Van Gogh.

mattgus

[5]Sep 21, 2011
    • level: 14
    this will attract i'm guessing the cw crowd,in fact i thought that is who was airing it. and ofcourse the soap opera crowd. so if it is done well it has followers. for those of us who like something more,ie...put a bit of supernatural in it and it would work for me,otherwise??? have to see...

KingofIPirates

[6]Sep 21, 2011
    • level: 32
    Was okay I guess, hope they can make the plot more interesting though.

JohnCouto

[7]Sep 21, 2011
    • level: 5
    Great pilot! Let's keep em coming

AngryMcBeaver

[8]Sep 22, 2011
    • level: 2
    It was pretty good. I agree with mattgus that it did seem like a CW drama (the look and feel of it). However 2 things bothered me. Owen seemed like a trustable character yet she sent him off. I get that she wants to get revenge on her own terms but she didn't have to be mean to him. Then again we don't know the extent of their friendship so I'll put that aside for now. The next thing is the Victoria lady suspecting her so soon. I thought there would at least be a few more episodes before anyone suspected her of anything suspicious.

alirk

[9]Sep 22, 2011
    • level: 22

I thought it was great! All the actors were amazing & the writing was superb

kavselj

[10]Sep 22, 2011
    • level: 9
    Great idea but so poorly executed. I was constantly trying to decide whether I like it or not. Emily plays her role great but the rest of it was really painful to watch. The whole Grayson family is so horribly written.

I hope it improves as the show goes on since the premise is rather interesting.

meee223

[11]Sep 23, 2011
    • level: 8
    The pilot was kind of slow and it wasn't until the very end that I think I figured out (emphasis on "I think") why Amanda is out for revenge. Anyway, what I can't figure out is why Amanda spent time in jail. Maybe her father was set up, but what the heck did Amanda do to warrant spending time in jail???????????

kanniballl

[13]Sep 23, 2011
    • level: 18

I liked it, I don't think it was "awesome" but it was better than average. At least, I enjoyed it more than "Ringer"

With the fall season just starting up there's a lot I'd like to watch. But I think I'll give it a chance.

kanniballl

[14]Sep 23, 2011
    • level: 18

Anyway, what I can't figure out is why Amanda spent time in jail. Maybe her father was set up, but what the heck did Amanda do to warrant spending time in jail???????????

I imagine so... she already lost her mother and then her dad was arrested. Not just arrested, but probably one of the most hated men in the country / world. And she believed it.

With all of that going on, it's not hard to believe someone would become devastated, lash out, and pretty much spiral out of control. Drugs, thefts, assault, etc.

I imagine we'll eventually find out why she was there as the series continues. I imagine it will be a series of flashbacks to show how much she suffered after her father's arrest and public trial. Kids picking on her / hurting her, foster parents, resentful guardians, etc.

Some Europeans may think America has an "interesting" legal system, between our death penalties and what-not. But don't worry, we don't lock up children because their parents committed crimes.

haldrey

[15]Sep 23, 2011
    • level: 22
    First half of the pilot not too promising, second half showed a promise of better days ahead. In conclusion interesting enough to keep watching.

aliSuz

[16]Sep 23, 2011
    • level: 8

I REALLY loved it. I'm excited for next week's episode. My only complaint is the "revenge" part. I feel like Lydia didn't get enough done to her. She was having an affair and gets sent out of the Hamptons with a Van Gogh worth millions of dollars lol. She obviously didn't care about her "best friend" all that much or she wouldn't have been sleeping with her husband. So ruinning her social circle didn't seem like much of a big deal to me. Otherwise I really liked it. I just hope Emily/Amanda is more harsh on the next people.

Just_Jos

[17]Sep 23, 2011
    • level: 11

GREAT pilot, gonna keep watching.

SuziHB

[18]Sep 26, 2011
    • level: 7

Excellent acting. Well written. Really enjoyable to watch. Has great potential.I am impressed!Madeleine Stowe is an excellent Wicked Queen/control freak/matriarch. Emily VanCamp, I always love to watch, such a beautiful girl. Man, could the little girl playing young Emily, scream! Can't wait for the next episode. Yay! All the new shows have started and (almost) all the old one's have returned.Kiss

AndreaDeMil

[19]Sep 28, 2011
    • level: 4

Great pilot!Smile Seems an interesting show and I'm excited for next week's episode.

KingofIPirates

[20]Sep 29, 2011
    • level: 32
    Second episode I felt was much better than the Pilot and I feel now this series does have potential.