Revenge Forums

Sunday 10:00 PM on ABCBetween Seasons

Discussion Thread

kopeckee

[21]Sep 29, 2011
    • level: 20
    starting to really like this show..
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

Jemadari

[22]Sep 29, 2011
    • level: 12

First episode wasn't a huge fan but I do like Count of Monte Cristo and non-linear stories so I decided to keep watching and so far i'm glad I did

ocean58

[23]Sep 29, 2011
    • level: 53

Having seen the first two episodes I do recommend this show very much. This show is one of the best of the fall shows. I think, as the story line unfolds and we got to know more about Emily's past, it will get more exciting. And Emily, her real name is Emily too, is awesome. I love her hated smile. But who did kill Daniel? I think, that was outside Emily's plan.

SuziHB

[24]Sep 30, 2011
    • level: 7

Loved the 2nd ep even more than the first. Love love love Emily. The evil Queen played beautifully. The way Emily got revenge on the man who lied on the stand in regards to Emily's Father and who was his (supposed) best friend. Nolan Ross worries me, only because I think he had something to do with Daniel's death. Then again, is Emily that ruthless that the only person she wont destroy is the Porters and Nolan? I love watching Nolan because he brings an element of surprise to the show for example... he told Jack Porter he would give him his boat back after summer and he bought the beach house for Emily.

jon-bob

[25]Oct 6, 2011
    • level: 2

I love it! I think it's one of the best new shows this fall. I just hope it doesn't get cancelled

haldrey

[26]Oct 6, 2011
    • level: 22
    The show is settling in quickly into one of my favorites new shows of the season, maybe even the best new show.

gabriel927

[27]Oct 6, 2011
    • level: 18

This quickly became one of my new favorite shows! I'm very interested in what Emily/Amanda's endgame is to achieve her ultimate goal of vengeance.

konnersewer

[28]Oct 6, 2011
    • level: 1
    Ratings drop for second episode very disappointing. Emily van Camp is excellent in the role and at this stage the writing seems solid. I think it's a keeper but clearly the average couch potato prefers simply to stare, and not think about anything with the merest hint of a plot. If it survives, this will be an excellent series.

Tayke

[29]Oct 6, 2011
    • level: 8

I don't really understand why Emily is always such a B*tch to Nolan. First she tells him she doesn't need his help, and then... She goes and asks him for help, or ends up using him. (The investor guy and the tablet hacking?) He gives her half of his company or whatever, and she threatens to break his neck. He buys her the house and she acts like he murdered her puppy.

Most of her plans so far wouldn't have succeeded without his help. Granted we don't know him like she does, and he may have a hidden agenda, but so far we haven't been shown anything that warrants her behavior towards him. Am I the only one a little irked by this? She has a very powerful ally here, yet she treats him like dirt.

bonjovichick

[30]Oct 7, 2011
    • level: 16

I actually look forward to this show. I think to myself... I wonder who she is going to take down today and how. Always fun to see bad people get their due.

Just_Jos

[31]Oct 7, 2011
    • level: 11

"Betrayal" was the BEST episode yet, LOVED it. Does this show remind any one else of "The Pretender"?

MayTanner

[32]Oct 8, 2011
    Just_Jos wrote:

"Betrayal" was the BEST episode yet, LOVED it. Does this show remind any one else of "The Pretender"?

Only concerning the aspect that Emily has to be very smart indeed to be able to pull off that kind of scheme. She had to build a believable and solid background to fit into the society she wants to bring down.

It will be interesting to find out to which extent she went and how it came to pass that she transformed into that sophisticated society lady. It must have taken her years of training. And did she do it all alone?
    Well, she had the funds but that doesn't mean she hasn't had some help along the way...

Revenge is really intriguing and I can't wait to see the next episode. Hopefully it can keep its standard.

loldude1

[33]Oct 8, 2011
    • level: 10
    I like this show.The way the ratings have sagged (6 share) I hope it keeps going,but that they do have plans for finishing the main story rather than milking it as long as possible.Is the whole season meant to go up only to the pilot intro pre-flashback?

According to the official Twitter they started filming Episode 8 on October 4th and of course Episode 4 airs on the 12th so there's about a 5-week lead time.

At the end of Ep 2 I couldn't quite make out if Jack said "nice to see you again" or "nice to see you,Amanda",but in the replay in Ep 3 it was clearly the former...the preview implies Jack will figure out her identity in Ep 4 but they also included the nightmare intro for Ep 3 in its preview,so maybe they're misleading again.

Late in Ep 3 Declan said something about "it won't make him my father",implying that unlike Jack he's not Porter senior's real son...not clear if he knows who his real father is,but obviously if Mrs. Porter's lover was Conrad Grayson that would kibosh Declan's romance with Charlotte.

It's been noted that Margarita Levieva will be playing a character named Amanda,a "stripper with a torrid past",starting in episode 7...could she be a grifter pretending to be Amanda Clarke for her own gain,or a decoy actually in the pay of the real Amanda to help discourage discovery of her real identity?

The official-website summaries can be wrong,they describe the deal over which "Uncle Bill" was brought down as a "merger" when it's clear from what aired that it's a manufacturing contract.I wonder just what Amanda has done to establish her Emily Thorne identity and diversify her assets from 49% of Nolcorp (in which she remains an insider).Is Amanda Clarke not identifiable as a shareholder of Nolcorp in official filings?...who were the supposed parents of Emily Thorne?

Much to speculate on.

Lukasluke

[34]Oct 10, 2011
    • level: 2

So far I'm really enjoying the show. I'm definitely interested in seeing what happens next, and that's indication enough for me... Love Emily, and I love her dad. Very believable characters I thought

KingofIPirates

[35]Oct 12, 2011
    • level: 32
    Episodes keep getting better and better, and the plot is getting far more intricate. I do wonder though what the 'Frat Boy's' angle in this seems to be.

wallflower07

[36]Oct 12, 2011
    • level: 7
    I am think the frat boy is into the porter's son.

Jemadari

[37]Oct 13, 2011
    • level: 12

I liked the nod to The Count of Monte Cristo with the book being on the therapist shelf near the camera

and the college friend is adding a little depth which is good because even though I like the show's plot,if i'm being honest the deliverance is a touch bland

kanniballl

[38]Oct 13, 2011

aliSuz wrote:

I REALLY loved it. I'm excited for next week's episode. My only complaint is the "revenge" part. I feel like Lydia didn't get enough done to her. She was having an affair and gets sent out of the Hamptons with a Van Gogh worth millions of dollars lol. She obviously didn't care about her "best friend" all that much or she wouldn't have been sleeping with her husband. So ruinning her social circle didn't seem like much of a big deal to me. Otherwise I really liked it. I just hope Emily/Amanda is more harsh on the next people.

It wasn't just that, she was essentially banished... and I imagine that Victoria will do her best to ensure her life sucks. Meanwhile, we learn later that her life is turning to crap and wants to Blackmail the husband. For wealthy and rich socialites... getting banished from a community, losing their entire social group, and getting divorced is a major trifecta of misery.

It's also possible she went for the long-term revenge... besides just screwing over Lydia she knew that by doing so it would also cause more headaches for the Graysons down the line. Between blackmail, in-fighting, and all-around chaos.

kanniballl

[39]Oct 13, 2011

Tayke wrote:

I don't really understand why Emily is always such a B*tch to Nolan. First she tells him she doesn't need his help, and then... She goes and asks him for help, or ends up using him. (The investor guy and the tablet hacking?) He gives her half of his company or whatever, and she threatens to break his neck. He buys her the house and she acts like he murdered her puppy.

Most of her plans so far wouldn't have succeeded without his help. Granted we don't know him like she does, and he may have a hidden agenda, but so far we haven't been shown anything that warrants her behavior towards him. Am I the only one a little irked by this? She has a very powerful ally here, yet she treats him like dirt.

The guy is a genius, but he's a little too aloof for covert work. He comes across as the type of guy that, while really smart, might let the smugness go to his head and accidentally reveal his secrets to the people around her.

Meanwhile, he's a wild-card. It's one thing to go about a plan and portray a character, it's another when some guy who can't hide a smile comes along, stands besides you, and start ad libbing. Will his story conflict with one of your lies? Will he spill champagne and wreck intricate conversation she's having? etc

However, she DEFINITELY doesn't want him as an enemy. He's a great resource for her little acts, and seems like the guy that would spite her in a heart-beat if she pushes him too far.

Tayke

[40]Oct 14, 2011
    kanniballl wrote:

Tayke wrote:

The guy is a genius, but he's a little too aloof for covert work. He comes across as the type of guy that, while really smart, might let the smugness go to his head and accidentally reveal his secrets to the people around her.

Meanwhile, he's a wild-card. It's one thing to go about a plan and portray a character, it's another when some guy who can't hide a smile comes along, stands besides you, and start ad libbing. Will his story conflict with one of your lies? Will he spill champagne and wreck intricate conversation she's having? etc

However, she DEFINITELY doesn't want him as an enemy. He's a great resource for her little acts, and seems like the guy that would spite her in a heart-beat if she pushes him too far.

You make very good points, and I agree with you there. He'd be terrible as part of a double act. But like you said at the end, if he decides to up against her, she's screwed. Not only is he mega powerful, he knows exactly what she's up to. I'm not saying invite him along for the ride, but I really think she should tone down the b*tchiness. She's playing everyone else, why not play him a little bit too?