Revenge Forums

Sunday 10:00 PM on ABCIn Season

Discussion Thread

enctv

[41]Oct 14, 2011
    • level: 14

Has anyone speculated that Daniel and Emily/Amanda are related? I do not know the timing of everything but after her confession about Charlotte and Daniel being her favorite it is worth think about.

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

loldude1

[42]Oct 16, 2011
    • level: 10
    I can't see a relationship between her and Daniel unless Victoria's affair with David Clarke went on so long that neither of Conrad Grayson's children is really his.The Charlotte-is-her-sister theory is far more plausible.

I do want to say I'm not a fan of Declan...the full-of-himself on-the-make teen is not appealing whether rich or poor.

Emily VanCamp has done an interview saying that Jack is going to be distracted by a new character,which apparently is the "Amanda" (according to a fansite credited as "Amanda Clarke") played by Margarita Levieva,the "stripper with a torrid past".I can certainly see Jack,who misses Amanda,wanting to connect with a girl he thinks IS Amanda even while the real Amanda is right under his dog's discerning nose.My guess is that stripper-Amanda is a decoy hired by the real Amanda (possibly through intermediaries so she has no idea who she really works for) so as to make Victoria certain that real-Amanda can't possibly be Amanda.The producers,of course,will not make the facts clear.

meee223

[43]Oct 16, 2011
    • level: 8
    Maybe it's just me, but I kind of wish that one of these days, Emily's plot to bring someone down fails miserably and she gets in big trouble. Just once, I'd love to see that smug look on her face change to fear. Anyone agree? And why doesn't she get along better with Nolan? She seems to put him down and not want to be bothered with him, but he helps her out so much. She should be grateful and treat him a lot better.

Also, I'm having trouble hearing clearly the conversations in the bar when music is playing in the background. It's just hard to make out what's being said.

loldude1

[44]Oct 16, 2011
    meee223 wrote:
    Maybe it's just me, but I kind of wish that one of these days, Emily's plot to bring someone down fails miserably and she gets in big trouble. Just once, I'd love to see that smug look on her face change to fear. Anyone agree? And why doesn't she get along better with Nolan? She seems to put him down and not want to be bothered with him, but he helps her out so much. She should be grateful and treat him a lot better.

Also, I'm having trouble hearing clearly the conversations in the bar when music is playing in the background. It's just hard to make out what's being said.

I don't think it would work for "Emily" to actually "get in big trouble" as that would derail the entire thing.Certainly she might wind up failing to do something,or have what she does have consequences she never intended,but she can't "get caught" and have the series continue.
    I agree she's being unfair to Nolan.

And does her entire project intend to clear her father's name?...or have the backstabbers gotten away with that and turned her into one of them in the bargain?

kanniballl

[45]Oct 17, 2011
    • level: 18

meee223 wrote:
    Maybe it's just me, but I kind of wish that one of these days, Emily's plot to bring someone down fails miserably and she gets in big trouble. Just once, I'd love to see that smug look on her face change to fear. Anyone agree?

If the show goes on long enough, I imagine that will have to happen. The protagonist (for lack of a better term) needs to face some obstacles and adversity. If everything is an guaranteed win, it becomes less interesting.

loldude1 wrote:
    And does her entire project intend to clear her father's name?...or have the backstabbers gotten away with that and turned her into one of them in the bargain?

If the show goes on long enough, I imagine that would be part of her end-game. Of course by then the Graysons would be miserable... financially, socially, and as a family.

It's only fair play, due to their manipulations her father become one of the most hated Americans in most/all of history. I mean, Madoff + 9/11 == insanely unpopular. So revealing their role in it would only be fair.

Then again, I wouldn't be surprised if her father wasn't the shining knight she currently thinks he is.

loldude1

[46]Oct 17, 2011
    kanniballl wrote:

meee223 wrote:
    Maybe it's just me, but I kind of wish that one of these days, Emily's plot to bring someone down fails miserably and she gets in big trouble. Just once, I'd love to see that smug look on her face change to fear. Anyone agree?

If the show goes on long enough, I imagine that will have to happen. The protagonist (for lack of a better term) needs to face some obstacles and adversity. If everything is an guaranteed win, it becomes less interesting.

She will I expect do things that fail.Things that have consequences she didn't expect,set her back,or make her feel guilty.But if she ever flat out "gets caught",exposed for who she really is and what she's up to before she's ready,the show has run off the rails in a way from which it can not recover.So don't expect that.

loldude1 wrote:

If the show goes on long enough, I imagine that would be part of her end-game. Of course by then the Graysons would be miserable... financially, socially, and as a family.

It's only fair play, due to their manipulations her father become one of the most hated Americans in most/all of history. I mean, Madoff + 9/11 == insanely unpopular. So revealing their role in it would only be fair.

Then again, I wouldn't be surprised if her father wasn't the shining knight she currently thinks he is.

[/QUOTE]

I don't know if they'll get into that.But a recent interview with Emily VanCamp is encouraging uncertainty about the shooting (as to whether the victim is Daniel or is dead.I think the producers want to guess even about what we do know.

Until I see phony-Amanda and how she is reacted to,I'm guessing she is part of real-Amanda's plan but might not know it.

aktarian

[47]Oct 17, 2011
    • level: 5

meee223 wrote:
    Maybe it's just me, but I kind of wish that one of these days, Emily's plot to bring someone down fails miserably and she gets in big trouble. Just once, I'd love to see that smug look on her face change to fear. Anyone agree? And why doesn't she get along better with Nolan? She seems to put him down and not want to be bothered with him, but he helps her out so much. She should be grateful and treat him a lot better. Also, I'm having trouble hearing clearly the conversations in the bar when music is playing in the background. It's just hard to make out what's being said.

Well, in intro to one of the eps she says innocent people get hurt followed by scene of daniel getting shot. So I guess him getting killed was not part of the plan.

loldude1

[48]Oct 18, 2011
    Not excusing what Dr. Banks did to Amanda,but I doubt she had any idea David Clarke was framed...do you think she would have turned Victoria down if she knew that?

loldude1

[49]Oct 19, 2011
    Well,from tonight's episode we can take home a few facts.The security chief was part of the frameup and I trust he is on the revenge hitlist.
    The Flight 197 crash was in 1993 and Amanda turned 18 in 2002 or 2003.

My guess that Lydia would not survive the episode was confirmed in the first scene as most of the rest was flashback from her fatal fall.

Looking forward...
    Having the video of Frank attacking Lydia may prove handy,though the timing of his downfall may be taken out of Amanda's hands if the investigation of her death catches evidence of Nolan having been there.Should the Graysons be deprived of his protection sooner,or later?
    Might Lydia have sent any email or anything to Amanda not noticed yet?
    What happened to the printed text of her denunciation of the Graysons?
    The promo for next week drops another "Jack figures out Emily is Amanda" hint,but will it happen this time?
    How long will Daniel's disinheritance last,since he was apparently back in good graces at the starting flashback?

Nitpick...
    so if the employee roster existed only in hardcopy,how could Nolan have a copy of it without Amanda's name ready to substitute for the fax?

Notredame

[50]Oct 20, 2011
    • level: 1

I may be wrong, but I thought Nolan took the paper - I didn't see him replace it with anything. Last night's episode was great - the fact that things are not going exactly as planned for Emily opens up the door for a number of possible twists, turns and outcomes.

KingofIPirates

[51]Oct 20, 2011
    • level: 32
    Very Good episode I thought, plot was particularly well executed and was particularly impressed with some of the conflicts Emily is now finally facing.

loldude1

[52]Oct 20, 2011
    Notredame wrote:

I may be wrong, but I thought Nolan took the paper - I didn't see him replace it with anything. Last night's episode was great - the fact that things are not going exactly as planned for Emily opens up the door for a number of possible twists, turns and outcomes.

He located the fax,and had a sheet of paper ready that had an identical list of names except that "Amanda Clarke" wasn't on it.

My guess is that Jack still won't be realizing she's Amanda,because they like to tease us with that and they've mentioned he'll be interested in the impostor Amanda (who tv.com already has pictures of with Frank).

SuziHB

[53]Oct 20, 2011
    • level: 7

What a great episode. This show is so excellently executed and just keeps getting better and better. I was actually calling out to Nolan (the TV) to "get out of there" when he was in Lydia's apartment after she fell. I think Nolan took both sheets of paper of the list of workers at the event in 2003, was it? He also took the photo with Emily/Amanda in the background.

Victoria is as evil as all the other evil people in the show, just does her deeds in a different, passive/aggressive way. Look at how she manipulated Lydia. The only nice Grayson family member is Daniel IMO. The daughter is a brat who loves to break all the rules and her parents are just as evil as each other. Daniel's friend (?) Tyler would fit in well with the family business because he is also an evil, manipulating bas**rd. I am so happy Daniel has found that out about Tyler.

Head of Grayson Security, Frank looks like he could be in a pickle especially since Nolan now has footage of the lead up to Lydia's death.Surprised

loldude1

[54]Oct 20, 2011
    SuziHB wrote:

What a great episode. This show is so excellently executed and just keeps getting better and better. I was actually calling out to Nolan (the TV) to "get out of there" when he was in Lydia's apartment after she fell. I think Nolan took both sheets of paper of the list of workers at the event in 2003, was it? He also took the photo with Emily/Amanda in the background.

Head of Grayson Security, Frank looks like he could be in a pickle especially since Nolan now has footage of the lead up to Lydia's death.Surprised

Since Lydia was not there to leave a phony list for,I expect Nolan took the real and fake sheets with him.But how did he know all the other names to put on the phony list,since the list couldn't be gotten from the catering company's computer?(Maybe he got them to fax him a real list too,and prepped the edited one from that,but it seems he was en route the entire time...in any case,the other workers,if asked by Lydia,might still have remembered Amanda,so her death helped hide Amanda).

I see upcoming-episode descriptions mentioning a rift between the Graysons and Frank,but he'll be around for a while including with phony-Amanda as shown in the photos.

haldrey

[55]Oct 21, 2011
    • level: 22
    This show is great, it is one of my favorites but how long can they keep the theme of revenge going unless at some time they are going to say that the entire Hampton had something to do with her father death.

loldude1

[56]Oct 22, 2011
    Anyone else here think the recaps at ABC's official site are lousy?...they leave stuff out,get things screwed up,and jump to conclusions.(I know,we ought to be writing better ones here at TV.com and I haven't).

aktarian

[57]Oct 23, 2011
    • level: 5

haldrey wrote:
    This show is great, it is one of my favorites but how long can they keep the theme of revenge going unless at some time they are going to say that the entire Hampton had something to do with her father death.

My guess is this woun't be traditional series which last as long as needed but thare will be predetermined number of eps (1 season) and at the end story will wrap up.

What I'd like to see is Victoria figuring out that when bad things happen to people around her Emily is around. In e1 she "outed" Lydia and Konrad. She knew senator. In s4 she was one who found the DVD with sessions. Obviously she didn't prevent Emily and Daniel getting engaged but she wasn't complatly OK with it.

loldude1

[58]Oct 23, 2011
    aktarian wrote:

haldrey wrote:

My guess is this woun't be traditional series which last as long as needed but thare will be predetermined number of eps (1 season) and at the end story will wrap up.

I have a feeling they want to go past this one season but they do need to wrap it up definitively.They can't be going on and 5 years from now have her married to Daniel(if that wasn't him shot) and having an affair with Jack and Victoria hanging around the grandkids of uncertain paternity!

aktarian wrote:

What I'd like to see is Victoria figuring out that when bad things happen to people around her Emily is around. In e1 she "outed" Lydia and Konrad. She knew senator. In s4 she was one who found the DVD with sessions. Obviously she didn't prevent Emily and Daniel getting engaged but she wasn't complatly OK with it.

Obviously Victoria's suspicions will be lulled by the engagement party,which is why any teaser of their flaring up before ep 13 is just a red herring.

Tayke

[59]Oct 23, 2011

There was an interview in TVLine where the creators said the show wouldn't always be about Emily's revenge. That was a while ago, so I don't have the link for it, but it's clear they know they can't stretch this plot line forever.

MayTanner

[60]Oct 23, 2011

Tayke wrote:

There was an interview in TVLine where the creators said the show wouldn't always be about Emily's revenge. That was a while ago, so I don't have the link for it, but it's clear they know they can't stretch this plot line forever.

As this story is losely based on the "Count of Monte Christo" I don't see any other way than to revolve around Emily's past and her desire to take revenge. I could see a second season with some backfiring of her plans and definitely her possibly waking up from the trip she is on.
    I'd like to see Emily/Amanda coming to terms with her past and finding a way to live with it without being eaten up inside by her wish to take revenge.
    But I am more enclined to be surprised as for now I'm perfectly happy how things are stringing along. I do hope they stay on track with this show.