Revenge Forums

Sunday 10:00 PM on ABCIn Season

Discussion Thread

loldude1

[61]Oct 23, 2011
    • level: 10
    MayTanner wrote:

Tayke wrote:

There was an interview in TVLine where the creators said the show wouldn't always be about Emily's revenge. That was a while ago, so I don't have the link for it, but it's clear they know they can't stretch this plot line forever.

As this story is losely based on the "Count of Monte Christo" I don't see any other way than to revolve around Emily's past and her desire to take revenge. I could see a second season with some backfiring of her plans and definitely her possibly waking up from the trip she is on.
    I'd like to see Emily/Amanda coming to terms with her past and finding a way to live with it without being eaten up inside by her wish to take revenge.
    But I am more enclined to be surprised as for now I'm perfectly happy how things are stringing along. I do hope they stay on track with this show.

They said that after the 13th episode the main focus would be the aftermath of the murder we saw at the start of the pilot,but that's still part of Emily/Amanda's plan for revenge on the Graysons whether or not the shooting itself was.

If things get too nasty we might eventually see revenge plans against her by those who suffered from what she did.I'd rather that if it outlasts the main arc being tied off in a reasonable time frame that she become a sort of "Equalizer" settling scores for other wronged people.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

Tayke

[62]Oct 24, 2011
    • level: 8
    loldude1 wrote:
    Obviously Victoria's suspicions will be lulled by the engagement party,which is why any teaser of their flaring up before ep 13 is just a red herring.

Not necessarily. She could be doing to Emily as she did to Lydia at the charity ball. You know, the whole 'complimenting her hairstyle while serving her a poisoned cup of tea' kind of thing. Just because she sounded friendly, doesn't mean she's being sincere. Plus, she's quite hostile towards Emily when she asks her where Daniel is.

loldude1

[63]Oct 26, 2011
    Well well well.

Lydia somehow DID survive that fall,and Nolan IS in trouble over his visit (won't the cops have seen that video too?).But the Jack-recognizes-Amanda hint in the promo was,as I predicted,just a tease.And Tyler IS a phony who hasn't yet been caught,while Frank is getting dangerous.

The promo with Frank seeing an Emily Thorne mugshot opens up the ID being taken from another person (I didn't get a good enough look to see if that was Margarita Levieva,who we know plays phony-Amanda starting next episode,which would mean an identity switch).Anyone who can freeze-frame an episode may want to check,along with getting the text of the speech Lydia had printed last episode but never delivered...may be hints there.

Who phony-Amanda works for,if she's not in it for herself,may take a while to figure out even if it seems clear to start with,the writers like to play with us.Right now Tyler and Frank both have to be dealt with,and we have to wonder what Nolan will be up to talking to Tyler,and why he's intent on fixing Jack up with Emily/Amanda when she wants to do her thing with Daniel.

BobbyV

[64]Oct 26, 2011
    • level: 2

This show gets more intriguing with every episode. This weeks final scene was a real clincher. Will Frank confront Emily or just study her in his efforts to get to the bottom of what's been happening as of late. Tyler's motivations are becoming clearer with his obvious infatuation with Daniel. Makes one wonder if he is behind the shooting of Daniel later. Probably Daniel refused his advances and was killed in a jealous fit over the wedding. Tyler is definately clever enough to set Jack up for it.
    The previous post about the phony Amanda/ Emily is something I hadn't heard of yet and leaves one wondering as to what that is all about.
    Time will tell but this, along with Ringer are the two breakout hits of the season. Hope they last longer than some of the other good shows that left us this year like V, the Event and Human Target.
    I prefer the serial style of series over the reality craze so it was sad to see them go.

loldude1

[65]Oct 26, 2011
    BobbyV wrote:

This show gets more intriguing with every episode. This weeks final scene was a real clincher. Will Frank confront Emily or just study her in his efforts to get to the bottom of what's been happening as of late. Tyler's motivations are becoming clearer with his obvious infatuation with Daniel. Makes one wonder if he is behind the shooting of Daniel later. Probably Daniel refused his advances and was killed in a jealous fit over the wedding. Tyler is definately clever enough to set Jack up for it.
    The previous post about the phony Amanda/ Emily is something I hadn't heard of yet and leaves one wondering as to what that is all about.
    Time will tell but this, along with Ringer are the two breakout hits of the season. Hope they last longer than some of the other good shows that left us this year like V, the Event and Human Target.
    I prefer the serial style of series over the reality craze so it was sad to see them go.

A few weeks ago it reached the news that Margarita Levieva (who played Lisa P in Adventureland) had been cast as "a stripper with a torrid past" named Amanda,and a fansite then came up with a future episode's guest credits saying "Amanda Clarke" for Levieva's role,though we know that Emily Thorne is the real Amanda Clarke.There are shots of Frank with phony-Amanda on the tv.com site.
    We don't know,not having seen her,if phony-Amanda is in the real Amanda's pay as a decoy to make the Graysons sure she's not Amanda,or a con artist out for herself,or maybe a plant cooked up by Frank.The mugshot thing makes me wonder if she was really named Emily Thorne.In any case the writers probably want to keep us guessing.There was an interview with Emily VanCamp that indicated Jack was going to be distracted by another character,and I am supposing that since he liked and missed Amanda he will turn from this episode's rejection to this girl he thinks is Amanda though Sammy will doubtless keep telling him the impostor doesn't pass the smell test.

Meanwhile,the unprecedented thing about this episode?...NO FLASHBACKS!

KingofIPirates

[66]Oct 26, 2011
    • level: 32
    Good episode while it felt a bit pedestrian in some areas it was for the most part rather compelling.Dialogue was also noteworthy and I especially liked some of the exchanges where Amanda shuts down Tyler at dinner.

SuziHB

[67]Oct 27, 2011
    • level: 7

I get very involved when watching this show and watching this episode I was angry and kept speaking loudly at the TV. Tyler needs to be shown up as the lying, manipulating bippetybip he is. Loved it when Emily shot him down in flames. I don't use the word hate loosely but I truly 'hate' Tyler's character. He drugged Daniel then head butted a tree to injure himself. He is a horrid piggy eyed wanna-be. Emily HAS to show him up as the evil person he is. When Daniel pushed Tyler off him in his drug induced state and said 'get off me' it got me wondering... is Tyler in Love with Daniel or does he just want to replace Daniel. He obviously envies Daniel's lifestyle and all of the perks Daniel has, even if Daniel has been 'Cut off'. He wants to ruin Daniel and make him a loser in his parents eyes.

Frank in the mean time is becoming very dangerous. The security footage of Nolan entering Lydia's apartment should have been seen by the Detectives investigating Lydia's fall. Now Frank has seen it and is putting the pieces together. Obviously the Police/Detectives are NOT doing their jobs. Frank is a loose cannon.

Declan just annoys me. Then again, he is a teenager.

aktarian

[68]Oct 27, 2011
    • level: 5

Tayke wrote:
    loldude1 wrote:
    Obviously Victoria's suspicions will be lulled by the engagement party,which is why any teaser of their flaring up before ep 13 is just a red herring.
    Not necessarily. She could be doing to Emily as she did to Lydia at the charity ball. You know, the whole 'complimenting her hairstyle while serving her a poisoned cup of tea' kind of thing. Just because she sounded friendly, doesn't mean she's being sincere. Plus, she's quite hostile towards Emily when she asks her where Daniel is.

That was my point. On one hand she hosted the engagement party so obviously she was OK with Eily marrying Daniel. And daniel obviously was accepted back in the family. On the other hand she did sound hostile to Emily so she wasn't totally OK with whole thing.

Jemadari

[69]Oct 28, 2011
    • level: 12

This whole time I've been commending Nolan for being a stand up guy and honoring his word to Emily's father but the second things get real he bails,not cool

My girlfriend and I disagree as to whether or not Tyler was making a move on Daniel when he was pushed onto the floor

Though I hate teenage romances like no other,so naturally I avoid the cw and abc family,I think they're handling the two different worlds thing nicely

Now Frank's a bit of a wildcard not sure how that's gonna playout and while it may have made for an interesting scene(in the writers minds) the whole pulling out a gun in case Frank shows up looking to start trouble is a bit impractical,it would be far less hassle just to take out a contract on him.

Kourtney_22

[70]Oct 28, 2011
    • level: 1
    In the beginning of the last episode Emily says that vengeance will "tear the heart and torment the conscience" so she must be on the right path. Is her resolve going to crack or can she keep up her revenge even if she starts to feel guilt over all the collateral damage?

I'm curious about Nolan's motives for pushing Emily and Jack towards each other. Is it because he thinks they belong together? Does he think that this will soften Emily up a little and slow her down on her war path through the Hamptons? Does he realize that Emily is set on Daniel for her plans and he just hurting Jack with her rejections? Or is he just having fun making things a little more difficult for Emily? What's with Ashley getting so mad at Emily for pointing out Tyler's lies? Yeah, she was a little rude but Tyler was blatantly lying. Ashley and Tyler barely know each other so why does he already have so much of her loyalty? I was more concerned that she was showing her cool, calculating side not Emily's usual smiles and sweet disposition. Did she mean to let that show through or was she just so fed up with Tyler's lies and manipulations.

I think that this fake Amanda Clarke is actually the real Emily Thorne and they just traded places. Maybe the real Emily wasted away her inheritance after her parents died and the real Amanda offered to pay her for her identity. It would also be very handy for the real Amanda to have a fake Amanda to bring in as a decoy to throw off suspicion if needed.

loldude1

[71]Oct 28, 2011
    Kourtney_22 wrote:
    In the beginning of the last episode Emily says that vengeance will "tear the heart and torment the conscience" so she must be on the right path. Is her resolve going to crack or can she keep up her revenge even if she starts to feel guilt over all the collateral damage?

I'm curious about Nolan's motives for pushing Emily and Jack towards each other. Is it because he thinks they belong together? Does he think that this will soften Emily up a little and slow her down on her war path through the Hamptons? Does he realize that Emily is set on Daniel for her plans and he just hurting Jack with her rejections? Or is he just having fun making things a little more difficult for Emily? What's with Ashley getting so mad at Emily for pointing out Tyler's lies? Yeah, she was a little rude but Tyler was blatantly lying. Ashley and Tyler barely know each other so why does he already have so much of her loyalty? I was more concerned that she was showing her cool, calculating side not Emily's usual smiles and sweet disposition. Did she mean to let that show through or was she just so fed up with Tyler's lies and manipulations.

I think that this fake Amanda Clarke is actually the real Emily Thorne and they just traded places. Maybe the real Emily wasted away her inheritance after her parents died and the real Amanda offered to pay her for her identity. It would also be very handy for the real Amanda to have a fake Amanda to bring in as a decoy to throw off suspicion if needed.

Yes,the "Emily Thorne" mugshot Frank is shown seeing in the promo makes me think there may have been an identity switch involved.I figured the decoy strategy as soon as I heard there was a phony Amanda.But who is really working for whom and out for what will probably be kept unclear for as long as the producers can manage.

shampoo

[72]Nov 1, 2011

ive been reading what you guys say about the amanda-nolan relationship- i would also like for amanda to treat him better but i can actually get exactly why she is that way with him. for starters you must realize that amanda its not a healthy girl, ok? she has been dedicating her whole life into this vengeance. this is something really really personal and serious for her and the fact that nolan comes along wanting to be "part of the club huhu" and that kind of bul**** must put her off royally. she needs to do this alone and when she actually needs his help she doesnt enjoy it one bit. there is the fact that she obviously doesnt trust not even her own shadow, she is deeply disturbed. As to the fact of why is Nolan trying to throw jack at amanda its because he is one twisted little fu**. hi enjoys seeing people writhing and knows that jack is a weak point in amanda. so im not surprise that she doesnt chum up with his character. I love Nolan, btw.

Kourtney_22

[73]Nov 2, 2011
    • level: 1
    I think that Amanda and the real Emily met up in jail. We know that Amanda got released when she turned 18 and we learned from Frank and Victoria that Emily's past has been sealed between ages 16 to 18.

BobbyV

[74]Nov 2, 2011

Well, after tonights revelations, we now have the serious threat of Frank eliminated but with the recovery of Lydia, the threat of exposurereturns. With the real Emily back in the picture, it remains to be seen whether this will benefit Amanda or cause additional trouble for our heroine.

Nolan, is a player, bedding down with the devious Tyler in order to maintain his ties to Amanda. It puzzles me why no one likes him as he consistantly helps people. The snub by Jack, I thought was callous on his part.

Is Declan really so naive as to blurt out that Emily visited her brother and that the compass meant a lot to him, or he is deliberately trying to drive a wedge into the relationship? I tend to think he is a dolt. The theft of the lobsters was our first hint.

Our initial impression of Victoria as the major antagonist is now changing with the understanding that Conrad is actually the true villain here.

As usual, we wait with anticipation toward our next episode.

Pet peeve. No previews for next week on our Canadian networks.

loldude1

[75]Nov 3, 2011
    BobbyV wrote:

Well, after tonights revelations, we now have the serious threat of Frank eliminated but with the recovery of Lydia, the threat of exposurereturns. With the real Emily back in the picture, it remains to be seen whether this will benefit Amanda or cause additional trouble for our heroine.

Nolan, is a player, bedding down with the devious Tyler in order to maintain his ties to Amanda. It puzzles me why no one likes him as he consistantly helps people. The snub by Jack, I thought was callous on his part.

Is Declan really so naive as to blurt out that Emily visited her brother and that the compass meant a lot to him, or he is deliberately trying to drive a wedge into the relationship? I tend to think he is a dolt. The theft of the lobsters was our first hint.

Our initial impression of Victoria as the major antagonist is now changing with the understanding that Conrad is actually the true villain here.

As usual, we wait with anticipation toward our next episode.

Pet peeve. No previews for next week on our Canadian networks.

The show is pre-empted next week on ABC,would they let the Canadians see the episode first?

Of course we almost all thought Lydia was dead,did phony-Amanda take care to check his vital signs or is he going to come roaring out of the woodwork unexpected?...check all future-episode scoops.

Nolan is being a bit nosy with the fix-her-up-with-Jack efforts,but it's interesting that she said Daniel "isn't a target".So how WILL she take the shooting?...and will Tyler be pushed back or just keep playing his games for his advantage?(Was he serious about what was on that drive?)

Declan is a dolt,I hope the writers don't think people other than on-the-make teens will be rooting for him,though he does get lucky with Charlotte,the female character most male viewers would feel safest dating.

KingofIPirates

[76]Nov 3, 2011
    • level: 32
    Interesting episode, especially liked the revelation of Emily Thorne actually being a real person and not just a fake name.

loldude1

[77]Nov 3, 2011
    KingofIPirates wrote:
    Interesting episode, especially liked the revelation of Emily Thorne actually being a real person and not just a fake name.

But how did real-Amanda make it seem that the Emily identity had wealthy parents when real-Emily didn't?

We pretty much know from a VanCamp interview that Jack will get involved with phony-Amanda (Sammy won't be fooled!).But will phony-Amanda stay on real-Amanda's side or try to take advantage?...and can she avoid a murder rap?

shampoo

[78]Nov 3, 2011
    Ok, guys, Declan is a teen, needs to grow up etc he isnt exactly evil haha obviously he said does thing at dinner on purpose, he doesnt stand the hypocrisy levels of the rich dudes and less than usual when it involves his brother.

Nolan with his deep menacing voice? Ooh, yeaah !!

I dont know if i like this girl turning up. We'll see how it goes.

shampoo

[79]Nov 3, 2011
    loldude1 wrote:
    But will phony-Amanda stay on real-Amanda's side or try to take advantage?...and can she avoid a murder rap?

If I would have to guess Ill say she will stay on Amanda's side. Amanda got her under her thumb some how.

loldude1

[80]Nov 3, 2011
    Another issue...why does everyone who comes into the beach house enter by the porch facing the beach,whether or not they came from the beach?...Nolan or Jack or anyone not within walking distance would have to have walked around the house from the road that has to be on the other side of it.Surely there's a front door.