Revenge Forums

ABC (ended 2015)

Discussion Thread

loldude1

[81]Nov 4, 2011
    • level: 10
    Obviously (from the photos available at tv.com) there will be lots of flashback to the juvenile facility next episode!
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

BobbyV

[82]Nov 13, 2011
    • level: 2

Nope. Up here in Canada, they reran the premiere episode. It was a good way to recap I guess. Looking forward to the next segment.

*just a note, Emily Van Camp is from Port Perry, Ontario; just a half hour from where I live and where I go ice fishing each winter.

loldude1

[83]Nov 14, 2011
    I note that ABC registered the nolcorp.com Internet domain in July.So hamptonsexposed.com may not be the only tie-in website up their sleeve.

sduvoisin

[84]Nov 15, 2011
    • level: 11
    I'm glad they are going to have more flashbacks to the juvenile facility because I want to learn more about the Warden. It sounds like she trained the real Amanda Clarke in how to get revenge and is trying to help her cover her tracks. The question is....why? Is anyone interested in what their relationship/history is or is it just me?

MayTanner

[85]Nov 15, 2011
    • level: 8
    sduvoisin wrote:
    I'm glad they are going to have more flashbacks to the juvenile facility because I want to learn more about the Warden. It sounds like she trained the real Amanda Clarke in how to get revenge and is trying to help her cover her tracks. The question is....why? Is anyone interested in what their relationship/history is or is it just me?

You're not the only one. I've been asking myself how the warden came to be Emily's "mentor". There could be an easy straightforward answer to that question but in Revenge you never know.
    It surely would be interesting to know more about Emily's/Amanda's past and how she came to be a revenge whiz. That had to be some training she went through considering what she can do today.
    If we go with the Count of Montechristo anology the warden would have to be someone who has also experienced some beef with people she trusted or something like that.
    It's great to have so many questions that every episode tickles a little only to make a surprise U-turn. I like that a lot about Revenge and keep looking forward to the rest of the season.

loldude1

[86]Nov 16, 2011
    MayTanner wrote:
    sduvoisin wrote:

You're not the only one. I've been asking myself how the warden came to be Emily's "mentor". There could be an easy straightforward answer to that question but in Revenge you never know.
    It surely would be interesting to know more about Emily's/Amanda's past and how she came to be a revenge whiz. That had to be some training she went through considering what she can do today.
    If we go with the Count of Montechristo anology the warden would have to be someone who has also experienced some beef with people she trusted or something like that.
    It's great to have so many questions that every episode tickles a little only to make a surprise U-turn. I like that a lot about Revenge and keep looking forward to the rest of the season.

Certainly we were not led to expect this by the flashback toward the end of the pilot,where Amanda was leaving the juvenile facility as Amanda and had not yet hatched any revenge plans.(Kelley has indicated we will also be learning more about NOLAN'S motivations...stay tuned).

loldude1

[87]Nov 16, 2011
    Well,well.

Frank is DEAD dead.

Phony-Amanda wants in on the Hamptons life regardless of what problems it causes her "sister" cellmate.

Tyler has Lydia's never-delivered speech.

Sooo...burning and swapping out particular prints of a photo don't control however many other prints there may be or who has the negative.Plenty of people must have known real Emily at the time of her case.(Wiping a pic from a phone doesn't affect the file on the computer on which he ran Photoshop,either).

It's hard to believe the Graysons wouldn't spring for a cross-cut shredder,if not better than that;the strip kind are bottom of the barrel.

I have to question the very black hair they use for Amanda-in-jail.Young Amanda (who we haven't seen in a while) is blonde,even if "Emily Thorne" is bottle-blonde...just how much would a growing girl's hair really darken?(My own got darker but not that much!)

What shady things does Nolan do besides oblige his business partner?
    What suspicions will Lydia come up with?
    How many episodes before Jack is onto phony-Amanda,and how much did real-Amanda tell her about him?

What else are you thinking about?

loldude1

[88]Nov 17, 2011
    loldude1 wrote:
    Well,well.

Frank is DEAD dead.

Phony-Amanda wants in on the Hamptons life regardless of what problems it causes her "sister" cellmate.

Tyler has Lydia's never-delivered speech.

Sooo...burning and swapping out particular prints of a photo don't control however many other prints there may be or who has the negative.Plenty of people must have known real Emily at the time of her case.(Wiping a pic from a phone doesn't affect the file on the computer on which he ran Photoshop,either).

It's hard to believe the Graysons wouldn't spring for a cross-cut shredder,if not better than that;the strip kind are bottom of the barrel.

I have to question the very black hair they use for Amanda-in-jail.Young Amanda (who we haven't seen in a while) is blonde,even if "Emily Thorne" is bottle-blonde...just how much would a growing girl's hair really darken?(My own got darker but not that much!)

What shady things does Nolan do besides oblige his business partner?
    What suspicions will Lydia come up with?
    How many episodes before Jack is onto phony-Amanda,and how much did real-Amanda tell her about him?

What else are you thinking about?

I forgot to mention last night...
    "Capital murder",Nolan says,but the only "capital" murder in NY state (though we don't actually use the death penalty) is for killing police officers.
    The local policeman says he's from the "SPD"...there is a Suffolk County Police Department (SCPD),Southampton Town Police Department(STPD),and Southampton Village Police Department(SVPD),but no SPD.
    The geography is again whacked.Nolan's big glass house is apparently convenient to the Graysons' place and to Jack in Montauk,but driving phony-Amanda there takes from when it's dark at the beginning of the episode to when there's bright sunlight,at a time of day when roads would be deserted?

shampoo

[89]Nov 17, 2011

I hate that they are making jack beattractedto real emily, whats up with that? ¬¬ the girl gives such bad vibes and he issupposed to be the nice and good guy... and isnt he crazy in love with amanda? .whatever

loldude1

[90]Nov 17, 2011
    shampoo wrote:

I hate that they are making jack beattractedto real emily, whats up with that? ¬¬ the girl gives such bad vibes and he issupposed to be the nice and good guy... and isnt he crazy in love with amanda? .whatever

When he gets the idea that real-Emily is Amanda,he'll think she's his lost childhood love returned...Sammy of course will know better!

shampoo

[92]Nov 17, 2011
    loldude1 wrote:
    Sammy of course will know better!

Im glad that at least someone does know better in this show.

sduvoisin

[93]Nov 17, 2011
    • level: 11

Trust Man's Best Friend to get it right.

Loved this episode. Wished we had seen more of Ashley & Tyler. We don't know that Tyler has the whole speech but it looked like he had enough pieces to get some important info.

I think Jack is in love with the idea of in love. If he's fallen for fake Emily so fast and he seems really attracted to real Emily. So all in all, he may have some hard lessons to learn. Falling in love over and over again does lead to a broken heart.

I can't wait to see more of the warden. We got like 15 seconds of that and it was very brief and very informal. Their relationship in the present seems a lot more serious so we need that to get developed.

I can't wait for the next new episode!!!

shampoo

[94]Nov 18, 2011
    sduvoisin wrote:

I think Jack is in love with the idea of in love. If he's fallen for fake Emily so fast and he seems really attracted to real Emily. So all in all, he may have some hard lessons to learn. Falling in love over and over again does lead to a broken heart.

Agreed. The guy needs to pull himself together, he is not 16 anymore! Real Emily is clearly a psycho obsessed with Amanda, so i guess we know who will kill Daniel now...

loldude1

[95]Nov 18, 2011
    shampoo wrote:
    sduvoisin wrote:

Agreed. The guy needs to pull himself together, he is not 16 anymore! Real Emily is clearly a psycho obsessed with Amanda, so i guess we know who will kill Daniel now...

I think they want us to keep guessing...and I have to wonder if real-Emily will get out of this alive,she doesn't seem clued in on what enemies being Amanda could bring even if she's been trading off the notoriety.

loldude1

[96]Nov 19, 2011
    I note the official ABC site has some information that's not always consistent (e.g. they call Grayson Global a "hedge fund",while it's been referred to on the show as a "wealth management" company...there is a lot more to wealth management than hedge funds even if that's what David Clarke did for them) but sometimes provocative...the official bio of Charlotte Grayson calls her "youngest daughter of the Grayson clan".We know that she's Victoria's second child and only daughter,we recently learned that Conrad's been married before...did Conrad have at least one daughter with his first wife,then?...just how many characters does Mike Kelley have up his sleeve?

The Japanese "mentor" and Lydia's divorce lawyer have already been publicly announced as cast.

loldude1

[97]Nov 23, 2011
    So,tonight the text was shown of the article on Frank that again referred to Grayson Global as a "hedge fund".That's a rather specialized investment niche,I wonder if it's intentional or poor research by the producers in terms of how they plan to paint the Grayson fortune.

CrazyRealEmily has played her "Amanda card" with Jack,we'll see how long he's fooled (why hasn't Sammy,who can smell an Amanda at a distance,been consulted yet?).Nolan and Tyler are playing games with each other and that will apparently continue next episode (damn those pre-emptions,it's not until Dec 7!).(Interesting released photos from the future show realAmanda doing karate sparring with her now-introduced mentor Satoshi (so where did he meet Warden Stiles?) and Nolan visiting David Clarke in prison (the reference tonight to stalkerish visits will be explained with more flashbacks)).

Creator Mike Kelley's Futoncritic interview is pretty far ranging,shows we'll be dealing with Faux-manda until season's end or nearly,and speaks of good people turning bad slowly or quickly (right now Charlotte is the only pure and greedless type,I can see her being a rematch-revenger if wronged,though)...if left with no one to root for I'll feel no reason to watch.

shampoo

[98]Nov 24, 2011

" That girl makes me nervous" Thank you, Daniel! I think he is myfavorite. I hope hedoesn'treally die.

loldude1

[99]Nov 24, 2011
    shampoo wrote:

" That girl makes me nervous" Thank you, Daniel! I think he is myfavorite. I hope hedoesn'treally die.

In that Futoncritic interview,Kelley talks about murder,but not whose murder...so the person is dead,but is it Daniel?

shampoo

[100]Nov 25, 2011
    charlotte and declan see him up close and say its daniel, i dont know if he is dead or just unconscious, though.