Revenge Forums

ABC (ended 2015)

Is Charlotte Emily/Amandas half sister?

antonie2

[1]Oct 17, 2011
    • level: 14

This thought just came to me after episode 1x04!Victoria was romantically involved with Emily/Amandas dad... What do you guys think?

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

Tayke

[2]Oct 18, 2011
    • level: 8
    Don't know about that... But it would explain what Victoria said when she told Charlotte the therapy video was taken out of contest. Charlotte could remind her of David and what she did to him, which is why she wishes she hadn't had her.

alirk

[3]Oct 27, 2011
    • level: 22

Hmmm...I had never thought of this possibility. I think it could be!

Kourtney_22

[4]Oct 27, 2011
    • level: 1

I was wondering whether or not she could be Emily's little sister or not. It seems like the timeline would work out but wouldn't Conrad know that she wasn't his? I mean he knew that Victoria was sleeping with David so wouldn't he be at least a little curious if a baby showed up nine months later? I'm pretty sure they could afford the paternity test and I think he's ruthless enough to demand one. He seems to have a good relationship with Charlotte, even better than the one he has with his son, and he definitely doesn't seem likethe kind of guy who would love and accept his wife's love child as his own. I would love to see the drama unfold if it turns out that they are sisters but I would need a reasonable explanation of either Conrad's blind ignorance or loving acceptance. I really hope the show addresses this somehow and doesn't just ignore the possibility.

loldude1

[5]Oct 27, 2011
    • level: 10
    Kourtney_22 wrote:

I was wondering whether or not she could be Emily's little sister or not. It seems like the timeline would work out but wouldn't Conrad know that she wasn't his? I mean he knew that Victoria was sleeping with David so wouldn't he be at least a little curious if a baby showed up nine months later? I'm pretty sure they could afford the paternity test and I think he's ruthless enough to demand one. He seems to have a good relationship with Charlotte, even better than the one he has with his son, and he definitely doesn't seem likethe kind of guy who would love and accept his wife's love child as his own. I would love to see the drama unfold if it turns out that they are sisters but I would need a reasonable explanation of either Conrad's blind ignorance or loving acceptance. I really hope the show addresses this somehow and doesn't just ignore the possibility.

I'm wondering if there is a bargain between Conrad and Victoria of his accepting her love child in return for her helping her lover take the fall for the terrorist-funding money-laundering.Charlotte's a very hard girl to resent in the long term.

sduvoisin

[6]Nov 15, 2011
    • level: 11
    Great ideas and ones that I didn't even consider. I think more and more that Charlotte is the daughter of David Clarke & Victoria. I think maybe the reason Conrad has a great relationship with her is because Charlotte is a sign of his victory. He didn't only steal David Clarke's lover (Victoria) he also has his daughter (Charlotte). It's a sign of complete and total victory. I like the idea that Vicotria is distant with Charlotte because Charlotte reminds Victoria of David. This would make a lot of sense. Every time she looked at her, a reminder of the double crossing she did and that it ultimately led to his death.

29bottles

[7]Nov 18, 2011
    Ok so maybe it's just me. but I dont think Victoria is distant with Charlote.. she seems to have a yearning expression on her face everytime they talk.. and also, it's more of a mother daughter squabbles in most cases with these two and not some serious issues..

As for Emily and Charlotte, i was thinking the same thing. They could be half sisters. And Conrad either,doesnt know, or if we make him ruthless enough, perhaps enjoys flaunting his daddy-daughter bond in Victoria's face, if he does indeed suspect/know she is David Clarke's daughter..

Either way, another plot line, which should be fun whenever it unfolds..

StephanyWilso

[8]Dec 16, 2011

Tayke wrote:
    Don't know about that... But it would explain what Victoria said when she told Charlotte the therapy video was taken out of contest. Charlotte could remind her of David and what she did to him, which is why she wishes she hadn't had her.

That's a good point. I was looking at it from the other angle thinking Victoria would be more doting on her daughter sort of like she is with Daniel considering in this theory Charlotte would be her daughter with the man she loved.

I still can't fully jump on to this particular theory. Conrad knew about the affair. He had to have suspected that Charlotte could be David's. I don't think he'd have the compassionate loving relationship he has withCharlotteif this were the case. Even if he was treating her that way out of vindication for winning Victoria and David's daughter, the relationship would still be different. He looks at Charlotte with the unconditional love of a father, not a self-satisfied man who got his way in my opinion.

Also I am not sure how this adds up with the time line. How long had the affair been going on? Charlotte is 17ish. Wouldn't she at the least bea toddler when all the events, the affair, the trial etc., were going on?

loldude1

[9]Dec 20, 2011
    StephanyWilso wrote:

Tayke wrote:

That's a good point. I was looking at it from the other angle thinking Victoria would be more doting on her daughter sort of like she is with Daniel considering in this theory Charlotte would be her daughter with the man she loved.

I still can't fully jump on to this particular theory. Conrad knew about the affair. He had to have suspected that Charlotte could be David's. I don't think he'd have the compassionate loving relationship he has withCharlotteif this were the case. Even if he was treating her that way out of vindication for winning Victoria and David's daughter, the relationship would still be different. He looks at Charlotte with the unconditional love of a father, not a self-satisfied man who got his way in my opinion.

Also I am not sure how this adds up with the time line. How long had the affair been going on? Charlotte is 17ish. Wouldn't she at the least bea toddler when all the events, the affair, the trial etc., were going on?

Charlotte is 17,so was born within a year of David Clarke's 1994 arrest.

Note also...the official site biography calls Charlotte "youngest daughter of the Grayson clan",and in the pilot Conrad tells Victoria "I gave up everything for you".I think he and his first wife had two daughters he has not seen since that divorce.

mariana064

[10]Dec 20, 2011
    • level: 6

Charlotte could easily be 16 so the timeline fits. I have to admit i thought the same thing a couple of episodes ago. It also makes sense that they'd be saving this for next season since, if there's nothing there, then i don't understand why the show spends so much time on charlotte and declan (they are clearly not as interesting as the rest of the cast).

stellasgroov

[11]Dec 21, 2011
    Why do they say Wed at 10 when it is a month before the next episode!? RRRr they dont tell you that there is not a new show coming. I just joined this and it says a month before the next episode! WTH

Emily is only like 22? How could Char be her sister? No way

stellasgroov

[12]Dec 21, 2011
    Char is 17 and Emily is in her early 20's.... Dont think so but it would be interesting.

stellasgroov

[13]Dec 21, 2011
    What is Nolan's play in all this? In the first episode, as Char screams for her mom, he waves and gives a look of... something is not right. Emily looks at him strangly... She even confronts him about his motives? What is his story?

loldude1

[14]Dec 28, 2011
    stellasgroov wrote:
    Char is 17 and Emily is in her early 20's.... Dont think so but it would be interesting.

I don't think David started his affair with Victoria until his wife,Amanda's mother Kara,had died.Victoria had in the meantime broken up Conrad and his first wife.(Amanda-turned-Emily is 26,I believe).

hueyf

[15]Jan 11, 2012
    • level: 6

It is her sister

loldude1

[16]Jan 11, 2012
    hueyf wrote:

It is her sister

Yes,now as good as definite...but did they expect us to guess early on or did they think viewers would be surprised?

alirk

[17]Jan 12, 2012
    • level: 22

I think this storyline is going to be very interesting...

loey12886

[18]Jan 18, 2012
    If she is her sister I wonder if she will tell Charlotte that she is the real Amanda, considering she is her half sister

johnmarlena422

[19]Jan 19, 2012
    • level: 16
    loey12886 wrote:
    If she is her sister I wonder if she will tell Charlotte that she is the real Amanda, considering she is her half sister

That would be very risky..Yet interesting.

loldude1

[20]Jan 19, 2012
    loey12886 wrote:

I think it's pretty clear that won't happen for some time.But it'll have to come out eventually.