Revenge Forums

Sunday 10:00 PM on ABCBetween Seasons

Revenge - Season 2 (Discussion Thread)

yvonneslair

[1]May 15, 2012
    • level: 55

Revenge has officially been renewed for a second season and there has been a change to it's day and time with it moving to Sunday nights at 9pm the old Desperate Housewives slot. Where it will follow Once Upon a Time at 8pm and precede new freshman series 666 Park Avenue at 10pm on ABC.

Edited on 05/15/2012 2:59pm
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

loldude1

[2]May 16, 2012
    • level: 10
    It's been stated previously that the season will begin with our heroine's wedding handled in such a fashion that we don't know who she marries until a half-season of flashbacks,and if there's a third season they want to do the same gimmick with a funeral.

rocketblu

[3]May 23, 2012
    • level: 1

I certainly hope REVEMGE is coming back..Sundy nite 9 pm? I'll be watching.

One of my fav shows!!!

jonchun

[4]May 24, 2012
    • level: 11

[Possible spoilers for those that haven't season one finale]

My prediction for season two: Victoria is alive. While Charlotte and Lydia dies. If Charlotte survives, then she and Declan will get back together once he finds out about her suicide attempt. If Lydia survives, which she probably didn't, she and Conrad will get married. Conrad isn't convicted, but Conrad and Daniel will be fighting everyone from the cover up. Daniel and Ashley will get together. Victoria will try to break them up also. Faux Amanda's baby won't be Jack's, it'll be Tyler or someone else. Jack and Emily will be together by the end of the season. Emily will find her birth mother and find she's behind the whole thing or something Prison Break-ish, which explained why she had to pretend she was dead.

They should do something with Nolan, like give him a girl or boyfriend. He's always hanging out with Emily and nobody finds it weird. If Emily is seen with Jack, it's a commotion, but if she's seen with Nolan, nothing happens. Nolan should start a life of his own. Instead of being a secondary character to Emily and Jack.

thewiseonechris

[5]May 25, 2012
    • level: 8

jonchun wrote:

with Nolan, like give him a girl or boyfriend. He's always hanging out with Emily and nobody finds it weird. If Emily is seen with Jack, it's a commotion, but if she's seen with Nolan, nothing happens. Nolan should start a life of his own. Instead of being a secondary character to Emily and Jack.

I'm pretty sure Nolan's rooting forJemily. Anyway I thought Nolan was gay. And they spend time together because they are friends and because Nolan is helping Emily with her vengeance.

Edit: Correction, I read in another thread, someone said Nolan is bi, not gay, although I don't recall him oogling after a woman through the season.

Edited on 05/24/2012 11:16pm

Aquitar94

[6]May 25, 2012
    • level: 5

If Victoria is dead, i'll be surprised, but at the same time not too surprised. At the end of the season 1 finale it's p[retty much been said that the Graysons were pawns in the plan of someone greater than them who planned this whole conspiracy. If that's the case, if these higher ups become the primary antagonists, and the secondary antagonists become the Graysons, Victoria's death would make sense because they wouldn't focus on the Graysons as much next season. Now if that's the case, these higher ups will need to be played by exceptional actors, because it's going to be extremely difficult to replace Madeliene Stowe. With that being said, if they do kill off Victoria, I will not stop watching the show because A) i'm a true fan and B) it shows that no one on this show (with the exception of Amanda/Emily...I guess lol) is safe, and I like shows that take big risks!

shampoo

[7]May 25, 2012
    • level: 2
    jonchun wrote:
    Faux Amanda's baby won't be Jack's, it'll be Tyler or someone else. Jack and Emily will be together by the end of the season.

What?? what on earth made you think amanda and tyler had sex? no way, that must surely did not happened. But I do agree with you in that it isnt jacks baby, that would thwart the emily+jack love story they are obviously going for ¬¬

jonchun wrote:
    He's always hanging out with Emily and nobody finds it weird. If Emily is seen with Jack, it's a commotion, but if she's seen with Nolan, nothing happens. Nolan should start a life of his own. Instead of being a secondary character to Emily and Jack.

Well, she is part owner of nolan corp or whatever the compNY its called, and he is her only friend. But again i agree with you in that nolan needs to find himself a babe-

sunnykimmy

[8]May 26, 2012
    • level: 7

thewiseonechris wrote:

jonchun wrote:

with Nolan, like give him a girl or boyfriend. He's always hanging out with Emily and nobody finds it weird. If Emily is seen with Jack, it's a commotion, but if she's seen with Nolan, nothing happens. Nolan should start a life of his own. Instead of being a secondary character to Emily and Jack.

I'm pretty sure Nolan's rooting forJemily. Anyway I thought Nolan was gay. And they spend time together because they are friends and because Nolan is helping Emily with her vengeance.

Edit: Correction, I read in another thread, someone said Nolan is bi, not gay, although I don't recall him oogling after a woman through the season.

I don't see Nolan as a secondary character at all. If anything, in my eyes Nolan, Emily and Victoria are pretty much THE main characters. I love Conrad too. Well, actually I love most of the characters. The point is that the dynamic between Nolan and Emily imho is a really big part of the show.And the relationship between Nolan and Emily was supposed to be a sibling type relationship, and it is, that's why most people don't think anything of them being together. That being said, there are people who'd like to see Nolan and Emily together (me being one of them), which brings me to the other thing.

Yes, Nolan is bi. Most people just assumed that Nolan was gay because he was with Tyler, I think. But the truth is that he said he was bi, right before that happened. (Actually I was confused at first,too because I didn't think he was gay based on the way he looks at Emily sometimes. But it certainly looked that way because of the whole Tyler thing and his seemingly complete disinterest in women other then Emily and I missed him saying he was bi, so I looked it up and found out that I was right.)

I (and it turns out Gabriel Mann, too) would like to see Nolan and Emily get together, but the writers never intended that to happen. Mike Kelley said in an interview that if there's ever a 7th or 8th season, he'd consider it. But the truth is that I'm not even sure that Nolan and Emily would work as a couple in the long run. They would definitely be interesting, because they constantly challenge each other and Emily is always bossy towards Nolan (something she doesn't have with Jack) which would make for a lot of small arguments, I think. I suddenlyrealizedhow funny and weird that is because the guy is at least 10 years older than her.

Anyway, right now, Nolan is rooting for Jemily.

OK, season 2 speculating:

-Lydia's dead

-Victoria is alive (how could she not be)

-Charlotte is alive

-Emily's mom made herself seem sick all of Emily's life because she needed to get out of that life and disappear. Maybe she thought faking her own death would be as painless for everyone as it could get. Maybe she was trying to protect her family. Or maybe she didn't care about her family at all but she wanted to break her ties to that life and faking your own death is the most effective way. Either way, I think Emily's mom is part of something bigger. She must have faked her dead for a reason and I'm betting it's a good one. Whether it's a selfish or selfless one is yet to be seen.

-Amanda's pregnancy isn't real, but a way for Amanda to tie Jack to her or for Takeda to eliminate a distraction from Emily's life.

(I also have this idea that the baby might be Nolan's because Amanda stayed with Nolan for a little while and it's the most outrageous, unbelievably out there idea I can think of and we all know Revenge is as unpredictable as shows get (along with TVD).

I just don't know what to think about the pregnancy, there are just so many directions the writers can go with that.

(I'm hoping)

-Daniel and Ashley sleep together, then Daniel and Emily are "even-ish", they will get back together with each other after they exchange apologies and I love you's they don't mean, because Emily might need Daniel as a pawn in her continued plan of Revenge and Daniel needs Emily to help him rebuild the image of Grayson Global (his dad's company). They'll start planning the wedding.(Basically they'll be a younger but just as manipulative version of the senior Grayson couple).

-Something big will happen, like Jack will find out Amanda's fooling him and maybe he'll figure out Emily is actually Amanda, which will make them the couple who ends up married.Or there will be a wedding but no one actually gets married. Maybe Emily will get ready to marry Daniel, walk down the isle and Jack will object or something. It justoccurredto me that Mike Kelley, never said people would get married, (I think) he just said that there would be a wedding, Emily's wedding.

DaniellePaque

[9]May 27, 2012

I like where you are going with that, but cant they just kiss instead?! Cant we have Ashley on the plane? I'm just so not a fan of her. She annoys me. I am a Daniel/Emily shipper not a Jack/Emily shipper because I think Jack and Emily really don't know each other to love each other, they knew each other as kids. Daniel and Emily have been through a lot and think there is a real love there that neither of them really realizes. I am one that sees Nolan and Emily just as a brother/sister relationship. Victoria cant be dead, I am rooting for Lydia.

Spicerack

[10]May 28, 2012

Predictions

1. Victoria is alive. At no point throughout the season was she portrayed as a stupid woman, the people she is going to testify against helped to organise the downing of an aircraft, surely her mind would make some sort of connection. And getting on the aircraft, well now everyone thinks she's dead don't they......

2. Takeda is more deeply involved with the higher ups than anyone previously realised whether it be that he has suffered at their hands or is possibly a rival etc. He obviously let real Emily get away but there will be strings attached. He is using real Amanda to get what he wants.

3. Real Amandas mother was involved with the organisation and faked her death to protect her family (didn't work too well I'd say).

4. Charlotte won't die, and Declan will get all mopey and guilty about not answering her calls when he finds out what was happening, this will continue to be a love hate thing for a fair chunk of time.

5. The Nolan and Amanda relationship will continue to blossom, in the direction of family not romance. There may be an eventual sacrifice on the cards leading to a need for further ....Revenge... (Sidenote: @Shampoo- I didn't think that anyone else knew about her owning half of Nolan Corp as that was connected to her real identity)

sunnykimmy

[11]May 28, 2012
    • level: 7

DaniellePaque wrote:

I like where you are going with that, but cant they just kiss instead?! Cant we have Ashley on the plane? I'm just so not a fan of her. She annoys me. I am a Daniel/Emily shipper not a Jack/Emily shipper because I think Jack and Emily really don't know each other to love each other, they knew each other as kids. Daniel and Emily have been through a lot and think there is a real love there that neither of them really realizes. I am one that sees Nolan and Emily just as a brother/sister relationship. Victoria cant be dead, I am rooting for Lydia.

Yeah, I would have loved for Ashley to have been on that plane too, but as we see near the end, she wasn't, she was with Daniel. Hmm, Daniel might be proper enough and care enough about Emily to not let it go further than kissing.I liked Daniel and Emily together at first, but the truth is that it won't work. Daniel comes from the family who framed Emily's father which is already hard to get around, but somehow Emily did. I genuinely believe that Emily was starting to fall for Daniel, because she thought he was nothing like the rest of his family, and I think that's why she stood by him during the trial. But now that he's proven that he's a Grayson, I'm not sure they can get back from that. Their relationship was already on shaky ground because of both their pasts and I think that this kind of made Emily's tiny bit of love for Daniel shrivel up and die.

I also don't think that Daniel will be as forgiving as I think Jack will be when he finds out about Amanda's plan of Revenge. I believe Daniel has realized that all the security he has, all that money, their life, all of it could be gone in an instant if he didn't step up to the plate. His father filled his head with this motto of "Your family's safety and security above all else" which is clearly a lie or Conrad wouldn't have tried to get his ex-wife killed. So there might be hope for Emily and Daniel yet, once Daniel realizes that. But I'm not sure they'll be able to get what little mutual trust they had back. I still think that if they do get back together it won't because of love. Everyone is saying that Jack doesn't really know Amanda, but the truth is that of all the guys, Daniel knows her the least. She was right when she told him that she wasn't the person he fell in love with. She's been lying to him from day one and you can't build a real, loving relationship on lies. I'm afraid that if he finds out about her he'll throw her to the wolves senior Graysons to deal with. I think Jack knows and loves the carefree, loving person Emily (Amanda) used to be. Can they build a relationship based on that? Maybe. Because I think that at her core she's still that person, albeit a little more damaged, but Jack brings that same carefree, loving attitude out in her. The only time she allows herself to be happy, is with him. I think he (besides Nolan) is the one person who can possibly help her get to that place of forgiveness. Relationships forged in early childhood are much more important then we give them credit for, I think.

RiverRatDad

[12]May 29, 2012

I'm also in the school that Victoria isn't dead. I'm thinking she got off the plane before the doors were closed and it took off. She is just too big a character to kill off.

I think Charlotte's saving grace might be that she is (the real) Amanda's half sister. I think that is a potential story line they wouldn't just dump.

Add me to the crowd who doesn't think Jack is the father of (the real) Emily's baby either. She is a character I could see getting written out at some point.

Edited on 05/29/2012 7:35am

loldude1

[13]Jun 2, 2012
    Spicerack wrote:

Predictions

1. Victoria is alive. At no point throughout the season was she portrayed as a stupid woman, the people she is going to testify against helped to organise the downing of an aircraft, surely her mind would make some sort of connection. And getting on the aircraft, well now everyone thinks she's dead don't they......

2. Takeda is more deeply involved with the higher ups than anyone previously realised whether it be that he has suffered at their hands or is possibly a rival etc. He obviously let real Emily get away but there will be strings attached. He is using real Amanda to get what he wants.

3. Real Amandas mother was involved with the organisation and faked her death to protect her family (didn't work too well I'd say).

4. Charlotte won't die, and Declan will get all mopey and guilty about not answering her calls when he finds out what was happening, this will continue to be a love hate thing for a fair chunk of time.

5. The Nolan and Amanda relationship will continue to blossom, in the direction of family not romance. There may be an eventual sacrifice on the cards leading to a need for further ....Revenge... (Sidenote: @Shampoo- I didn't think that anyone else knew about her owning half of Nolan Corp as that was connected to her real identity)

As of her release from the juvenile prison at 18,Amanda owned 49% of Nolcorp through a secretive Swiss trust (that the Feds didn't know to seize when they took David Clarke's assets).I don't know if this was before or after Nolcorp went public,but her shares must have been diluted at some point to finance her lifestyle and put assets in the name of her "Emily Thorne" alias.We don't know what she owns now.

loldude1

[14]Jun 2, 2012
    sunnykimmy wrote:

DaniellePaque wrote:

Yeah, I would have loved for Ashley to have been on that plane too, but as we see near the end, she wasn't, she was with Daniel. Hmm, Daniel might be proper enough and care enough about Emily to not let it go further than kissing.I liked Daniel and Emily together at first, but the truth is that it won't work. Daniel comes from the family who framed Emily's father which is already hard to get around, but somehow Emily did. I genuinely believe that Emily was starting to fall for Daniel, because she thought he was nothing like the rest of his family, and I think that's why she stood by him during the trial. But now that he's proven that he's a Grayson, I'm not sure they can get back from that. Their relationship was already on shaky ground because of both their pasts and I think that this kind of made Emily's tiny bit of love for Daniel shrivel up and die.

I also don't think that Daniel will be as forgiving as I think Jack will be when he finds out about Amanda's plan of Revenge. I believe Daniel has realized that all the security he has, all that money, their life, all of it could be gone in an instant if he didn't step up to the plate. His father filled his head with this motto of "Your family's safety and security above all else" which is clearly a lie or Conrad wouldn't have tried to get his ex-wife killed. So there might be hope for Emily and Daniel yet, once Daniel realizes that. But I'm not sure they'll be able to get what little mutual trust they had back. I still think that if they do get back together it won't because of love. Everyone is saying that Jack doesn't really know Amanda, but the truth is that of all the guys, Daniel knows her the least. She was right when she told him that she wasn't the person he fell in love with. She's been lying to him from day one and you can't build a real, loving relationship on lies. I'm afraid that if he finds out about her he'll throw her to the wolves senior Graysons to deal with. I think Jack knows and loves the carefree, loving person Emily (Amanda) used to be. Can they build a relationship based on that? Maybe. Because I think that at her core she's still that person, albeit a little more damaged, but Jack brings that same carefree, loving attitude out in her. The only time she allows herself to be happy, is with him. I think he (besides Nolan) is the one person who can possibly help her get to that place of forgiveness. Relationships forged in early childhood are much more important then we give them credit for, I think.

Once Jack knows that the real Amanda has lied to him and led him to believe in the false one with all the attendant consequences,for purposes of her own that she did not trust him enough to tell,how will he feel about her?

RiverRatDad

[15]Jun 3, 2012

loldude1 wrote:
    Once Jack knows that the real Amanda has lied to him and led him to believe in the false one with all the attendant consequences,for purposes of her own that she did not trust him enough to tell,how will he feel about her?

Good question.

loey12886

[16]Jun 5, 2012
    DaniellePaque wrote:

I think Jack and Emily really don't know each other to love each other, they knew each other as kids. .

I think that's half true and half not. Jack doesn't really know Emily because he thinks she isn't Amanda to love her, but I believe Emily to love Jack because when it comes to your childhood sweetheart you never forget it. But since Jack thinks that fake Amanda really is Amanda being inlove with her and all also tells me that he still loves Amanda

So yeah I guess I just don't think that's true what you said lol

nick-knight

[17]Jun 9, 2012
    I would hate to see Ashley and Daniel together. I hope that doesn't happen. I want to see emily and daniel together again

nick-knight

[18]Jun 9, 2012
    It would belovely to get rid of ashley in season 2. It would be more interesting to watch Daniel and Emily together. watch them fight for sometime and fall in love. emily and Jack's romance is a bit too cheesy. Im rooting for daniel and emily. i hope that comes true. i would love that

loey12886

[19]Jun 12, 2012
    well considering Emily mainly loves Jack, I honestly don't think Emily and Daniel will end up together. Besides I think the only reason she was with him in the first place was to get back at the Grayson's. That seems pretty obvious to me so if they got back together I only think it will only be to get back at the Grayson's
    Edited on 06/12/2012 8:35am
    Edited 2 total times.

Edie70

[20]Jul 3, 2012
    • level: 19
    It's sure gonna be interesting how the things work out for the characters next season. I'm very positive that Ms. Victoria Grayson is still kicking & screaming so there's no chance in hell she's dead. There would be no show without her. And yes - Ashley needs to just pack her bags and leave but I have a feeling she'll be sleeping around with Daniel now.