Revenge

Legacy

Aired Sunday 10:00 PM May 09, 2012 on ABC

• One of the worst.

So bad with the flashbacks I switched channels and watched something else. I can only hope for the show to return to normal, quickly, before I drop the show altogether.
  • 1.20 "Legacy"

Flashbacks will always be and always have been such an important part of this show. If done right, they really bring this amazing feeling to the audience when we get to meet these characters even before we were introduced to them.

Unlike that previous flashback episode aired in February (15 I think, called Deception, wasn't it??) this was not very interesting for me as a viewer and sadly I must admit that ever since the hiatus ended in April and they returned with the last 6 episodes I have not been very intrigued and found myself even a little bit bored watching it. And that is a shame because Revenge used to be so juicy just a few episodes ago. I believe we have still have the best ahead of us and that the season finale will only leave us wanting more with our mouths wide open. 7,0/10
  • Even for a flashback episode, it was phenomenal.

So this episode was obviously set in 2002, and it gives us great insight into the events from back then that instigated Emily's quest for Revenge.

Really, this episode was suspenseful and intriguing, even though it was set ten years ago, and it left me happily surprised! I thought it was going to be a boring hour, but it was extremely interesting, and the last line ws just an epic climax!

Can't wait to get back to 2012, though! Lookign forwardt to what comes next!!! :)
  • Legacy

@ Gerald, I think there may have been a few things that you misinterpretered, making the episode somewhat lacking for you.

'-So why did Jack's girlfriend feel the need to get Nolan punched in the gut for doing the family a solid? (This point kind of leads to another problem I had with this episode....why introduce questions like these that revolve around characters we'll likely never see again?)'

I'm not sure if others agree with me, but I read your review prior to watching the episode so my expectations of this particular scene were that she 'arranged' to have him beaten up.

She didn't kiss him to get him punched, earlier in the episode she talks about having no money and being stuck in Montag, when she listen's into Nolan and Porter Senior's conversation, she overhears that Nolan is a multi billionaire. She then decides that he is a way out for her, emphasised when she says 'Me and Jack don't want the same things anymore'. It's basically showing you why Jack and Nolan weren't overly friendly when the season started and what happened to his girlfriend. Hope that helps!

As for the episode itself, I actually think it was done really well, the whole season is built on flashbacks and this was needed to show her transition from not wanting to know, to feeling the grief and guilt over Roger's death. It portrayed her innocence and the moment that she decided enough was enough and that they needed to pay. I think it was handled very well.
  • Legacy

Legacy was a perfect episode of Revenge and I really enjoyed watching because there was a ton of character development and context development for the various plot lines. I loved seeing Amanda in the past and to see how she found the path of Revenge. I think the flash backs were very well done. There could have been certain improvements here and there but over all the episode was a success. I look forward to watching what happens next!!!!!!!!!
  • Disappointing episode that didn't live up to the hype

Ever since they announced they were going to do a flashback episode, I've been patiently waiting for the episode. It didn't help that they promo looked really good and there was so much hype surrounding the episode.

Flashbacks when done correctly wok so well, they can fill gaps and move the story forward, Revenge has used them so much and up until this point so well, making this episode even more disappointing. So how come such an exciting idea turned out so disappointing? The idea was so great but they way they handled it was such a mess and it ended up being such a filler episode. I just felt that it brought all the momentum that's been building up since they returned from hiatus to a screeching halt. Besides, this episode should have been aired earlier in the season.

- This episode gave us some developments but overall nothing that we didn't already know.

- The worst episode of an otherwise great season.

- Interesting, so Lydia was already having an affair with Conrad.

- They did give us some great character development

- How can I summarize this episode? Basically an episode about how terrible the hair was before.

- I'm pretty sure Emily's hair color and style was different in Lydia's picture.

- Mason is back! He's funny.

- Quote of the week: "It's perverse, don't you think? To destroy a man you love and then weep for him internally?".
  • this episode was different then the others

i think that it was a bit boring but i understand that it needed to take place. this episode wasn't as good as the others. besides the episode came out just how i expected it to be not as intense as the others. next weeks episode looks sooooooooooooooooooooooo good and hopefully next weeks episode and finale will bring back the montemum that this episode has took from us. dont get me wrong i love this show and hopefully they wont dissappoint us again like they did with this one.