Revenge

Lineage

Aired Sunday 10:00 PM Nov 25, 2012 on ABC

• flashback

Wasn't to crazy about this episode to be honest i'm not a big fan of the flashback episodes but I will say that this gave us some insight to chracters such as Victoria and Ashley so that was good but other then that I found this episode abit boring
  • #208 'Lineage'

This was the best episode of the second season yet. Mostly because of Victoria's flashbacks. We flash forward back to 2006 - those were the less complicated times for the Grayson family. The times when Daniel wanted to become a poet and Victoria's mother Marion (Adrienne Barbeau) comes to visit her daughter after 35 years of estrangement. She also brings her new guy with her. This rather unpleasant visit brings so many bad memories for Victoria. We learn many things about her character - her mother used to treat her like trash, she even made her kill one of her men (but I don't know if it was her fiancee or a husband?) when Victoria was only 15 years old and being manipulated by her mother she had no other choice. Another mama's boyfriend used to sneak into her rooms during some cold winter nights but he wasn't looking for blankets - he was molesting her on regular basis. Mother probably couldn't deal with it and kicked her beautiful young daughter out of the house. Victoria let some of those things slip during a dinner at the mansion and not only her mother's new conquest immediately runs away after hearing these horrible things but she is also left broke with no place to go begging her wealthy daughter to let her stay in one of the guest rooms. Victoria opens the door and wishes her good luck landing on her feet again, nicely done Victoria. That woman isn't afraid of anything. She's my favorite character.

The other flashbacks were not that interesting - well, maybe the one where Emily meets Aiden for the first time and they start working together which only makes sense when you go after the same guy. We also got a little glimpse of Ashley's past when we saw her audition for a position of a Russian prostitute. Luckily for her, Emily saw it and handed her some cash at the toilet, of course Ashley had no idea who was the mystery girl who helped her since she could only hear her voice. And there was also some uninteresting stuff with Jack's and Declan's deceased father and Nolan's company. All in all - I enjoyed it more than the last couple of episodes. This season is definitely a step down. [8.5/10]
  • Lineage

This episode was just about seeing the past and what are some of the things the characters went through. I loved the way Victoria took revenge on her mother and now i understand how she turned into herself now. The Aiden/ Amanda story was interesting as it had action and showed us how they met. The last few scenes gave us a preview of what is going to happen in the next episode and i can't wait for it to happen. Can't wait for the midseason finale next week.
  • Lineage

Lineage was an absolutely perfect and very entertaining episode of Revenge. I really enjoyed watching because there was a lot of spectacular character development as the plot lines went into the past and the present. It was awesome to see the origins of Ashley, Aidan and Victoria. The Mother Daughter Reunion scenes reminded me so much of the Mother Daughter Reunions from V - The Re-Imagined Series when Diana and Anna meet on screen. It was intriguing to see how devious Victoria truly can be yet interesting that she learned from her own Mother. I liked how Daniel wanted to go to school for something very non traditional and his work spoke volumes to his parents. I liked the back story of Nolan and the beginning of his company and what he lost to protect Emily . the real Amanda. There were many touching scenes. It was also awesome to see how Jack and his father tried to save the bar and learning about another characters link with an interest in what happened leaves me in suspense!. Victoria did unto her Mother as she was handled and it was a little heartbreaking. I liked how every thing played out and the scene where Satoshi Takeda starts breaking necks and then Emily and Aidan join in. There was so much more than what I've shared. This was a spectacular episode. I look forward to watching what happens next!!!!!!!!!
  • Meh...

It was a boring episode to be completely honest. Much like last season's flashback episode, it didn't add much to the show as a whole and it felt like filler. The episode was too clustered with so many parallel storylines. I did like the Victoria scenes, her backstory was quite interesting and it actually managed to add so many layers to her character. Besides, it's always nice to see Adrienne Barbeau, who still looks great and did a wonderful job. I hope she comes back as I liked the character. I have to admit it was kind of fun to see Ashley's not so perfect beginnings.... oh and the bar subplot is still uninteresting and boring.
  • Mixed feelings about this one...

So I'll break it down into the positives and negatives, starting with the negatives:

Negatives: It was a flashback episode, and obviously I - along with 99% of the viewers - would have preferred to see the actual plot advance instead. I would have also liked a different flashback episode - it would have been really fascinating if we got a flashback into the framing of David Clarke, but instead we got a flashback into some less interesting things, to be honest.

Positives: Big, big revelation and explanation about this guy who is after the Stowaway bar. That was the biggest positive out of this episode, and almost made the whole thing worthwhile. Victoria vs. he r mom had some good scenes as well!

Overall, I think the only was to describe this and to sum it all up is that it was a good episode for sure, but I would have much rather preferred the plot to develop.
  • the plot thickens

Actually, it provided exposition about the Ryan brothers'svendetta against the Porter family and why Aiden cares so much for Amanda/Emily. Even the Nolan story sets us up for an arc into his past dalliances and enemies he had amassed. Literally the only filler was this Victoria story about a mother we have never seen and will not be further mentioned, unless of course we needed more sympathy for why Victoria is a despicable person. Every episode can't be action packed and full of melodrama, nor would that make it better, to be completely honest. Sometimes you just have to advance the story. I agree about Ashley though, although I expected some ulterior agenda plot considering the comment Aiden made about her being too easy a mark a few episodes back.