Revenge

Sunday 10:00 PM on ABC Premiered Sep 21, 2011 In Season

AJMeredith

Revenge Fan Reviews (171)

• BEST SHOW EVER!

This show has kept me tied to my tv for the last month. I am now all caught up and waiting anxiously for the next episode! I absolutely love how it continues to get better and better! I am a little upset about the good characters dying such as Aiden, Declan, Amanda, and Daniel. I hope it ends good! This is probably my favorite show ever. It would be great to see some of these characters show up later like Daniel

• It has gone down hill

4.5
    not as good as the beginning
  • Clever tradagies !!

its a great show something we will never do so it's interesting to see everything that Emily ends up doing I recomend this show which I have to friends and they are also enjoying it. The only negative I would say about it was killing one of the good charectors also season 3 got me mad but not mad enough to stop watching it but it still kept me on my toes can't wait till march 8th when season 4 continues.
  • Sound BITES!!!

As I watch this show with my girlfriend, I can't help but think how bad the sound sucks!!! The background noise is louder than the conversations going on or the echo makes them sound like they are in a tunnel!! There was one episode where 2 people were talking in a kitchen and there was a cricket twice as loud as the actors. It was pathetic!! FIRE THE SOUND GUY!!!
  • How has this not been cancelled?

How does TV this awful get made? I had high hopes for this series, as it was listed as "recommended" by IMDb for anyone that enjoyed The Good Wife. I couldn't even make it through the tediously-dull pilot episode. It was disjointed (I presume the cold open has a relevance at some point, but it seemed to bear no relation whatsoever to the rest of the pilot It was boring. And its cast looked barely old enough to be out of school, which damaged the credibility of the main characters somewhat. Some more blurb because apparently reviews need to be ten lines long, even if you're writing about a show that you'd have difficulty watching for ten minutes without falling into a coma.

• What did you expect?

I remember the press special they did after the first season, where they admitted that when they started, they didn't know the show would be what it was, so the had been writing on an as-you-go basis. The show has become a soap opera with gaping plot holes, because the story was designed to be a one season story. Good job stretching for season 2, but by the time the Faux-manda showed up, everyone should've known what this was. And now that they've killed Daniel I really just can't even pretend to do it anymore. You guys do NOT know where you're going, which is fine for daytime soaps, but this is prime time!
  • viewers REVENGE

, violence, blood all need to stop watching. No more character development etc. What is this program where "Ye Olde Revenge" , once was?????? And these scenes are done in near tell who is kicking who etc.
  • to wrap it up

why cant they just disappear into the sunset?? more more bad tired here... :(

i mean, good show, great story let it go already...
  • parstl

Season one was a 9 and I almost let it completely go in season 2 with the whole conspiracy story line and the faux Amanda. Season 3 was better but I think they're killing off or cutting out too many main characters. I think Daniels not really dead bu t hidden in some secret hospital. The relationship between Emily and David (her long lost Dad) is cool to the point of distracting. It's weird to see Victoria without money. secret Conrad stash will turn up. It's worth tuning in just to see what the writers will reach for next. Would like to see one or two recurring ccharacters of color who are not police or completely subservient like Ashley. I know rich African Americans who frequent the Hamptons. The lawyer played by Courtney Vance a year or so ago was a nice temporary character. I'll continue to record and watch.
  • One of the best shows there is

After an amazing season 1, revenge had a rocky season 2. Understandable; it seems like a difficult premise to maintain. Coming back with an amazing end arc of episodes with season 2 and a phenomenal season 3, I would have been very disappointed to see the show go off the air. So maybe the David Clarke arc isn't amazingly believable, and the Amanda/David relationship is executed poorly. With what they got, Revenge is doing amazing. I still find myself at the edge of my seat during episodes, and in my opinion, season 4 is one of the best ones yet with all their cliffhangers and plot twists. Should it probably end on a high note for season 4? Maybe. But do I want to see a season 5? Definitely
  • Was Good At First

Season 1 was amazing, but from there it went completely down hill. Season 2 was awful, 3 was bearable and now the 4th season is the worst of all.

I'm getting whiplash by the story line, I've got no clue what's going on. It's like they're trying to keep us interested but it's doing the complete opposite.

They should've ended this show a long time ago. It's disappointing because they have some really good actors/actresses on this show. The actress who plays Victoria is the only reason I'm continuing to watch, because she is an amazing actress.
  • Forced to Choose My Own Ending for the Whole Series!

I'm giving the series a 9 b/c my 10 was sabotaged by the finale of Season 3! I really enjoyed this show and finally had time to watch Series 3 during the year-end holidays. My holidays ended unhappily, however, because the final episode of Season 3 ("Execution") was a very rotten kick in the stomach and gave me a bitter taste in remembering the whole series! Strong characters we rooted for and loved either died horribly (Aiden) or became too warped in personality (Victoria, Daniel), and all the new characters were unappealing or disappointedly unheroic (David). The whole show became a dark cartoon during the Series 3 finale instead of a heroic story. I have decided that I will remember the show as if the second to the last episode of Season 3 ("Impetus"-Episode 21) was the REAL finale! I may peek at Series 4, but I will have to consider it almost as a new sideshow and nowhere near the original "classic" it had been because the writers took the class away and stole the happy and satisfying ending. Still very crushed! Declan's demise also hurt the series because he was perfect for Charlotte and an important character to complement and motivate Jack, his older brother. The series' most recent writers unfortunately had to prove the saying that "all good things must come to an end" and that revenge is not very sweet at all.
  • Great show, hard to wait

This show keeps you going and wanting to see the next epesode now! I can't believe they are messing around with it and not showing the show every Sunday at 10pm. That's 2 shows in one month and no hope of another next week. So.... lame
  • meeeh

this show doesnt make sense anymore :\ and i miss Aiden <3
  • Like a train wreck..

A lesson of tolerance. Nails on a chalkboard. Root canal. The first season of Revenge was entertaining and clever. The second season somewhat entertaining and somewhat clever. The third and currently into it's fourth and mercifully last season, it's downright dumb. Dumb and getting dumber.

Painful to watch but like a train wreck or traffic accident on the highway I have to slow down and tune in every week to look. I have to see out for myself if it can out-stupid last weeks episode.

Yup. It can. It does.

Another new character. FBI agent Kate Taylor. An FBI agent who looks like she just got out of high school. We're expected to accept she's a real pro who wants to tie David Clark to Conrads murder. Right. With the terrorist bombing of a plane (way back in season one) plus David's over the top wealthy background and the millionaire Conrad Graysons social standing in the Hamptons the FBI is going to send in this young girl to solve it all. Jack mentions something about DNA on the knife. Her line to Jack: `never assume rookie'.

Rookie? I want to put my fingers down my throat. We see the two of them a bit later at a restaurant or bar. Their hands touch and she appears to all of a sudden have the `hots' for Jack. Good grief. So many stupid things. It never ends. I can't list them all.

I have to confess, I PVR record the show because I simply can't watch it in real time. PVR helps as it allows me the option to replay (with the volume louder) the mumbling and whispering of dialogue.

For those not familiar with the business, you'll notice that a lot of the actor's close-ups are cropped at the top of their head as I suspect the mic is hovering about an inch out of frame. Each and everyone one of these actors should be required to hold the boom pole for an entire show. Maybe then they'd bump up their levels just a bit. Com'on guys. Speak up. Man I feel for the poor sound mixer.

Or maybe they're whispering because the lines are so embarrassingly bad. They must bite their lip when they get a new script. Are you guys (note to producers) serious? You think this is quality stuff? You want me to read this crap? WTF. Oh ya. Pay cheques on Thursday. Yea!

• wispering

the plot has become ridiculous they need to stop wispering especially emily do you agree?
  • how much revenge can you have

4.5
    I really think the show should have ended last series and bringing David into it is a desperate measure - I think I have got to the point that all the characters are as bad as each other and Emily's revenge has gone too far
  • Revenge

This show is the worst show on TV right now. Revenge has gotten sloppy. Nothing has happened on the last 3 episodes. The David/Amanda plot is ridiculous and just not believable. They just need to end this now...
  • The big reveal

Why one star: Because I know the big twist: It will be revealed that Nolan modified the journals to push Emily into seeking revenge, and all because Nolan sought revenge. I know this because I know where the source material came from. I revealed this big "twist" during the first season when I realized what (un-credited) material was being used for this series.
  • writer's revenge

Just when they have you hooked on a show they go stupid on you. After four episodes of alive David , I have had enough.
  • Emily Keeps Crapping on Nolan

Nolan is the best friend Emily has and she keeps crapping on him. This is becoming a bad soap opera.
  • WTF this has gotten stupid

5.5
    This show has just gotten weird, and not in a 'twisted awesome' kind of way but more of a 'stupid storyline' kind of way.
  • Not the Amanda I know

Who was that girl that looked like Emily / Amanda on the last show? The Emily / Amanda I know woud NEVER have left the police station after seeing her father. She would have found a way in and talked to him. NOTHING could have stopped her. But I think dear old Dad is playing Victoria. Can't wait until she gets hers. AND let me just say, I HATE that Aiden died. I hope our girl doesn't end up with Jack. Aiden was twice the man Jack could ever be. Maybe he really isn't dead either. Let's hope.
  • I am an addiced to Revenge ...

Yes I am thoroughly addicted to this show, and season 4 is turning out to be just as surprising and awesome as I suspected it would be. The added twist of Davids return opens up a whole new arena of possible directions the show can take. I just can't get enough of this show.
  • Ashes-yup that's your TV Show

NOLAN is the only actor worth saving, the only actor who should go forward in his career, the rest is GARBAGE, sorry , I followed it as long as I
  • I need an answer

How far did they time jump? Somebody clue me in. Can't find it online. My email is

Love this show. Perfect details, plots and amazing character growth
  • The story line has gone down hill

I think they should have ended the show when Emily got her revenge. The writers seem to have run out of ideas and whats going on is totally unbelievable. Ridiculous. I think I am done.
  • Im hanging in there..

5.5
    I'm hanging in there for the love of past seasons, but if it takes David the whole season to see through Victoria or he turns out to be a badie I think I might be done! We have spent 3 seasons watching Emily revenge her father's death, he is portrayed as this hard working loving father in throw flash backs and talks she has had with Nolan. I can appreciate that through the eyes of a child a parent can be put on a pedestal but come on its been 20 years he could have tried to find her couldn't he, she didn't change her name till years after his death. I hope they have a way of explaining all this as the season plays out.
  • Cycles

Ok, we had a cycle of revenge and it was kind of cool. But I'm afraid how far they will stretch this new cycle, maybe it is going to get too far.
  • GREAT SHOW SADDEN AIDENS GONE THOUGH

AMAZING SHOW ALWAYS KEEPS YOU ON YOUR TOES. ALL THE ACTORS WORK REAL WELL AND NATURAL TO THEIR ROLE.. IT SADDENS ME THAT AIDENS ROLE IS GONE BECAUSE THE FIRE ON SEASONS 3 WAS DYNAMIC...