A Review Community
Thursday 10:00 PM on Comedy Central

I give this bit of news from Comedy Central five out of five stars! The network that wants you to laugh handed out renewals for three of its shows today, ordering a third season of Inside Amy Schumer and second seasons of Review and TripTank. Comedy Central also ordered a pair of new series, Idiotsitter and Another Period.  

The big win for me here is a second season of Review, the odd, serialized, sorta-sketch comedy starring Andy Daly as Forrest MacNeil, a man who reviews life experiences such as stealing, addiction, and going into space on a scale of one to five stars. Initially a cute series of semi-related sketches, Review quickly evolved into a video diary of man whose life is dissolving because of his commitment to his unusual job. Fred Willard in space was one of the funniest things I've seen on television all year.

The sketch show Inside Amy Schumer had a really strong second season, including a great parody of The Newsroom that re-imagined the HBO drama in a fast-food restaurant

TripTank is a collection of animated shorts and pairs well with a smoking bong. 

On the "coming soon" side of things, Idiotsitter stars Workaholics' Jillian Bell as a spoiled "womanchild" who's under house arrest and babysat by a woman who's very by-the-book (played by co-creator Charlotte Newhouse). It originated as a web series and is making the jump to TV, much like its network sibling Drunk History.

Another Period stars Natasha Leggero and Riki Lindhome as rich divas... from the year 1902! Think Broad City meets Downton Abbey, I guess? Both shows are expected to premiere in 2015.

Finally, Comedy Central also ordered six new web series: the road-trip comedy 6 Guys 1 Car, the roommate comedy 300 Sunnyside, the two-guys-surviving-the-apocalypse comedy New Timers, the three-idiots-who-work-at-a-pizza-shop comedy Pie Guys, the previously announced comedy Roustabout with Kurt Braunohler, and the cop comedy Tiger Team Awesome. Look for all of them later this year. 

Well, which bit of Comedy Central news are YOU most excited about? 

Previously Aired Episode

AIRED ON 5/1/2014

Season 1 : Episode 9

9 Comments
Follow this Show
Members