Revolution

Born In The U.S.A.

Aired Wednesday 8:00 PM Sep 25, 2013 on NBC

• To me it's the best show out there

Between Miles and Monroe relationship has you hoping they will come together again. The show keeps you on your feet with action, death comes easy, nothing is held back. Always keeps you surprised in every episode. the confusion on who you can trust, or re-trust. the show has the best characters for the rolls. this show keeps me wanting more. and the way they go back in different story lines in the past, really makes you understand the characters well. you clearly see everyones motivation. I recommend this show to every end of the world go goers. this show has a twist in every season. and season 2 now they are talking about the Illuminati. it just keeps getting better. keep up the good work revolution cast and team.
  • The Power comes back ON.... after years....

Electricity has to come from power plants, (in usa - it is mostly from COAL burning generating plants).

Even if from Nuclear - with so many people having died when there was NO power - all the people 'MANNING' the power plants would have either died or done other things in search of that thing called FOOD.

After YEARS of No One working at a power plant - EXACTLY HOW does a person flip a switch and have ALL the power turn back ON.

Far fetched and totally impossible from a Scientific or Engineering Perspective!
  • The whole show has took on a brand new feel. I hope this lasts!

The whole show has took on a brand new feel. I hope this lasts!

Set 6 months after the bombs and everything's changed. Still no power, but even though the bombs have nuked the major cities, people seem a lot more hopeful and happier. We hear about Rachaels mental breakdown and her recovery with her father, Charlie has gone off to do her own thing, (namely revenge stalking Monroe, who's now a bare knuckle boxer with a new name!) Aaron has settled down with a nice girl and Miles is pretty much the same Miles. We have new and mysterious fireflies!

Uncle Sam turns up to thank everyone for fighting while the president was in hiding and they are now ready to return into the whitehouse. They have 'proof' that Monroe set off the nukes. Tom Neville has a lot to say about that! Bandits attack the town and kidnap Miles, the sheriff and Monroe, and they attack and kill Aaron. We have a shock ending that, for the first time in Revolution, makes me want to see episode 2.. NOW!
  • Post Nuke Reboot?

As the first season ended Miles and company did not have nary a moment to enjoy capturing the tower technology to turn on the power. Randal, Monroe's late-coming technology "czar" revealed his agenda using the power so he could launch a thermo-nuke orchestrated destruction of Atlanta, Philadelphia et al.

As the second season begins with a short recap, there seems to be a chance that some of that nuclear holocaust was averted due to the power being cut at just prior to impact. Or did it? Miles, Rachel, Charlie, and Aaron find themselves at Rachel's father's place. Cities hardly exist any more, but small pockets of people live in a few make-shift towns just trying to survive the new threat of theiving and killing courtesy of many small gangs. It's a strange mix of weary people who are suspicious. Charlie is peeling off from the others and she's newly focused as a one woman deathsquad in her desire to hunt down and kill Monroe. Miles is reminded of his fear that he is bad for Rachel courtesy of her father. Miles wrestles with his situation as he deeply cares for Rachel, but inwardly believes he does need to leave. Rachel is trying to come back from crippling guilt and the mental condition heaped upon her by it - she feels she is largely responsible for the power going off in the first place.

The story telling isn't exactly linear here. It seems to start 6-months after the nuclear event, but it segues, possibly, back and forth to maybe up to a year ahead? Seems a bit clumsy, but this new season has a much grittier and darker feel in which this jumping around, time-wise, helps build some much needed realism of a fractured hardened survivors.

Of course we need some good sci-fi to bang against the realism of hopelessness. Enter Aaron because he's got the pendant, but more than that: a brilliant inquiring mind. After bottoming out declaring the power will never be back he seems to be descended on by a pack of fireflies. This starts Aaron's mind cranking, but with what we'll have to wait and see. While this is going on the post-nuke aftermath has almost reduced Tom to a shell of his former self. He can't find his wife and is despondent. Here's a nice turn-about, Tom's son slaps the $#!+ out of him as a wake-up call. Tom relents his death wish. Charlie has found Monroe, he's living and fighting for pay as Jimmy King. Charlie will bid time for whatever she's got planned for the time being as a first attempt to kill him fails. But even as Aaron has some kind of possible new knowledge, he's cut down by an intruder. Aaron, shockingly, dies. It's just not clear what all of this means at this moment. Miles attempting to find Aaron's killer is captured by a warlord. Oh yeah, here's the big sci-fi I thought might be needed: Aaron comes back from what we thought was dead. Game on as Revolution is definitely a bit different and is ramping up accordingly.

Season two opens a bit slow with all the required stories woven to catch viewers up to what the writers now have in mind. Nonetheless, it is going in a good direction, perhaps, as Revolution now has the ability to overhaul itself with lessons learned and the ultimate struggle for survival with infinitely more desparation.
  • thinking, this first episode was better than the entire 1st season put together... :):)

only, are these fireflies an evolvment of the small viruses that destroyed the world??... well, nano technology ruining the world is one thing, fire flies reviving a dead man is whole new enchilada to swallow...
  • Revolution or just a fresh start?

I loved season 1 of Revolution and have been eager for the start of the new season.. Set 6 months after the end of season 1, we find the main characters split up and leading very different post apocalyptic lives. Myles, Rachel and Arron are still together and trying to build a life. Charlie is out for revenge and looking far meaner than ever. Tom starts off broken and destroyed with the presumed loss of his wife, only his son seeming to be able to contain and hold him back from the brink.

The eposide is a little confused as we do not know what really happened in the tower and after Arron managed to get the power back off to try and save the USA. I am sure this will all become clear later on but on this episode there are gaps where seemed to feel disjointed to me.

The fireflies have got me wondering.. Has Arron done something in the last six months to the nanoprobes. We saw he still has a pendant so presumably can still power things if he has to. But did he start something before they left the tower or is it nature trying to tell him something? I am looking forward to finding out.

The world is darker. Much more scarier. Gangs and not militia rule. They run smaller areas, exactly as you would expect. Warlords, not rulers. AS Myles and the Sheriff went to the camp of the gang who captured them you where expecting something form Mad Max or the WildBoys video from Duran Duran of the 80's. It was nasty, full of large biker types who looked like they would rip your spine out just for looking in the wrong direction and then you met the leader and that was not what I expected!

My overall feeling was it was a touch disjointed but showed the promise of a reborn series that is out to make up for the errors of the past and engage with it's audience and say "LOOK AT ME!!!" and that... that is a good thing!
  • Sillier than ever, more & more nonesense

I think I will just settle with S2E1 and will stop watching this slow show.

Just like Defiance the whole plot runs in circles ...

Not worth the trouble of watching
  • Mysterious start!

Six months later and we pick up with Charlie in the Plains Nation and the others now in Texas where Rachel's father apparently lives.

I wasn't too sure what to make of the scenes in Texas. A lot happened, but it's hard to judge since we don't really know who these people are.

However, I really enjoyed Charlie and her pursuit of Monroe. That was really interesting and can't wait to see who those people are and what their agenda is.

Even more than that, I absolutely loved the scenes back in Goergia with Neville and his son. This promises to be really interesting!

I want more, ans hopefully we get some more answers next wek!
  • Good enough start

It was actually an average episode for a season premiere. Once again a few predictable moments buts its to be expected. Only goof I notice was after his apparent "death" scene, when he is laying on the floor next to her, he is still breathing. Television addicts like me notice that kinda stuff and it kinda throws me off to see it. But overall good episode
  • Six Months Later.

Wow six months later everything went from bad to even worse, all because of Randell, something that Rachel said to her father about Randell. He must have been following orders, maybe so and then this Secretary Justine Allerford shows up from the US Government and so she claims they were over powered by warlords like the Monroe Militia when the blackout happened and was forced to go to Cuba. Really what President would leave his own country and take a select few and escape to Cuba if you knew what was going to happen. Sorry Justine I don't buy it and you waited till the missiles were launched and nuked so many people, then you and the select group of people with the President decide to come back. There are gaps in your storyline, I think Rachel is right, Randell had orders from the Government (Just My Opinion). Fantastic Episode. So Glad Its Back. Thumbs Up.
  • Back with a bang

This episode was a good way to com back from a season one ending that left things up in the air. I thing Rachel flogging herself with blame is a bit over the top but so is Charlie blaming her. Aaron is much the same teaching children it seems and Miles is more or less the same up to his neck in trouble. Monroe was interesting in he seems to be punishing himself for his past or maybe he just regerets the loss of his empire. I could understand the Nevills pain at loosing someone they loved but who knows how that will play out in the future. I look forward to Tom exacting his revenge. I am interested in this returned US government and am interested to see how that plays out in the future.