A Revolution Community
NBC (ended 2014)
Few days ago, Tim posted an article about which shows were most likely to be cancelled. It was great. However, I realized that there isn't 2013-14 network index chart for this year on the website. So here is a concise Broadcast Network List, I gleaned purely from Nielsen ratings. Post will be updated to reflect 18-49 NIELSEN RATINGS.

*** Disclaimer: BASICALLY, THESE GUESSES ARE PURELY SUBJECTIVE.

ABC

Modern Family – Renewed
Scandal – Renewed
Grey’s Anatomy – Renewed
Marvel’s Agents of SHIELD – Renewed
Once Upon a Time – Renewed
The Middle – Renewed
Castle – Renewed
Revenge – Renewed
The Goldbergs – Renewed
Last Man Standing – Renewed
Suburgatory – possibly renewed … (it depends) 50/50
Nashville – possibly renewed … (it depends) 50/50
Lucky 7 – Cancelled
Betrayal – Cancelled
The Assets – Cancelled
Killer Women – Cancelled
The Neighbors – Cancelled
Super Fun Night – Cancelled
Back in the Game – Cancelled
OUAT Wonderland – Definitely cancelled
Trophy Wife – Cancelled (heartbroken about this)

CBS

CSI
– Renewed for 2014-15
NCIS – Renewed for 2014-15
The Millers – Renewed for 2014-15
Elementary – Renewed for 2014-15
Blue Bloods – Renewed for 2014-15
2 Broke Girls – Renewed for 2014-15
Hawaii Five-0 – Renewed for 2014-15
Mike & Molly – Renewed for 2014-15
The Good Wife – Renewed for 2014-15 (So happy to right one this one!)
Criminal Minds – Renewed for 2014-15
The Crazy Ones – Cancelled (Apparently ... I missed this one)
NCIS: Los Angeles– Renewed for 2014-15
Person of Interest – Renewed for 2014-15
Two and a Half Men – Renewed for 2014-15
The Big Bang Theory – Renewed through 2016-17
Mom – Renewed for 2014-15 (Missed this one too ... apparently)
Intelligence – Cancelled
We are Men – Cancelled
The Mentalist – Cancelled
Hostages – Cancelled
* How I Met Your Mother not included. Series Ending.

THE CW

Arrow – Renewed for 2014-15
Reign – Renewed for 2014-15
Hart of Dixie – Renewed
The Originals – Renewed for 2014-15
Supernatural – Renewed for 2014-15
The Vampire Diaries – Renewed for 2014-15
The Tomorrow People - Cancelled
Star-Crossed - Definitely cancelled
The Carrie Diaries – Definitely cancelled
Beauty and the Beast - Definitely cancelled
* Nikita not included. Series Ended.

FOX

New Girl – Renewed for 2014-15
The Following – Renewed for 2014-15
Brooklyn Nine-Nine - Renewed for 2014-15
( * Awards mean NOTHING. Feel free to argue but whilst you may have forgotten because why remember that awards are USELESS shows like United States of Tara, Ugly Betty, The New Adventures of Old Christine have NOT. 6.9 18-49 demo after SuperBowl helps renewal. NOT a stupid self-congratulatory Emmy that you can't even SELL to advertisers for money. EMMY = NOTHING TO NIELSEN FAMILIES)
The Mindy Project – Renewed for 2014-15 (Fox WAS feeling “Suck-up”y towards Mindy Kaling)
Family Guy
– Renewed already for 2014-15
Glee – Renewed already for 2014-15
The Simpsons – Renewed already for 2014-15
Sleepy Hollow – Renewed already for 2014-15
Bob’s Burgers – Renewed already for 2014-15
Bones - Renewed already for 2014-15
Almost Human – could be cancelled ... possibly renewed. 50/50
Dads – Cancelled
Rake – Cancelled
Enlisted – Cancelled
Raising Hope – Cancelled
* American Dad not included. Moving to TBS.

NBC – [Oh God, this Network ]

Grimm – Renewed
Chicago Fire – Renewed
Chicago PD – Renewed
Parenthood – Renewed
Law & Order: SVU – Renewed
Parks & Recreation – Renewed
The Blacklist – Renewed already for 2014-15
Revolution – could be cancelled…. possibly renewed. 50/50
Community – could be cancelled…. possibly renewed. 50/50
Ironside – Cancelled
Dracula – Cancelled
Sean Saves the World – Cancelled
Welcome to the Family – Cancelled
The Michael J. Fox Show – Cancelled

*** Disclaimer: BASICALLY, THESE GUESSES ARE PURELY SUBJECTIVE.

63 Comments
Comments (63)
Submit
Sort: Latest | Popular
I actually just want them to cancel Community. It should have ended after season 3.
Flag
Suburgatory
Super Fun Night
Raising Hope
Revolution

They all need to get renewed.
Flag
Except for Super Fun Night you have my full support.
Flag
I think The Mentalist will be given one more year, even through the changes didn't give the show the new life the producers were looking for.

Dracula isn't cancelled as much as just not going to be renewed. But it's mid-winter replacement, could turn out to be a hit.

It would be interesting to have an explanation for some of your choices. Some are obvious but others not so much.

And I think the 50/50 is cheating.
The Goldbergs and Super Fun Night are likely to get cancelled. They're sitcoms and easy to replace.
Brooklyn Nine-Nine I would say would be cancelled, simply because I wasn't aware it was on and so would a lot of people.
Revolution is likely to be cancelled. It had a chance to save itself with a makeover and it didn't work.
Community will probably get one final year, only so that the network can hope to get viewers by plugging the fact that it's the show's final year.

I also think Almost Human will probably get cancelled. It's sc-fi and a little costly to produce, and cuts to the budget show.

More+
Flag
NBC – [Oh God, this Network ]

LMFAO

I am pretty sure I read Chicago PD would be canned. Makes room for Chicago MBA, the clinic drama Chicago STD and the accounting drama Chicago CPA
Flag
The Mentalist? i thought this would be the last season anyway
Flag
The idea that they can keep it going now is just ridiculous. But, apparently they're going to try.
Flag
Brooklyn Nine-Nine - could be renewed…. possibly cancelled. 50/50..........¿¿¿??? that show just won a Golden Globle and its hillarious!
Flag
The Tomorrow People – Cancelled Wtf it is a really good show whay are they thinking am i the only one ?

Flag
I love it too. I'm heartbroken :(
Flag
No. This is probably a lock for renewal. This is only his opinion - which is mostly spot on.
Flag
Shhhhhh Little Darlin (puts finger and mushes lips). Only speculation.. I think it will be back.
Flag
remeber this is speculation so lets hope its off base, bc I agree it is a good show
Flag
Great idea to have this list. I agree with almost all of it. Think you are right on about Revolution being 50/50 as opposed to what Tim thinks.

Two shows I disagree with--I think Mentalist and Parenthood should be 50/50 also. Mentalist I see CBS maybe giving it a final year with the show doing decent enough in a tough time slot with its time always moving around.

And Parenthood--I don't think it a sure renewal....sure Greenblatt at the TCAs said he was hopeful for it BUT as Entertainment Weekly said, he was asked further about it and admitted his word hopeful basically mean nothing. I'd say it's more 50/50.
Flag
I like Intelligence,mainly for Josh Holloway,but it is not as good as I had hoped.I would like to see if the show could grow into something better but CBS won't let it with those ratings.I would like to see Revolution renewed for a 3rd season and I think it has a 50/50 shot,due to it being on NBC,I like parts of the show,Miles,Monroe,Charlie and even the addition of Connor but I tune out the rest because it is uninteresting.The show needs a lot of work perhaps too much work.I love The Carrie Diaries and I don't understand why more people don't watch it,the show is so good.I would hate to see it go,I would love for The CW to keep it on.I hope to see my other two favorite shows back next season,SVU and Revenge.
Flag
If there still is money to be made with syndication after 3 years, I think some sophomore series produced "in-house" by the network (The Neighbors, Revolution, The Carrie Diaries) could find a 3rd season more likely than not. Also, FOX cancelling B99 after some heavy investment (buying a Golden Globe is not as cheap as it used to be) is pretty short-sighted. I still do not understand the NBC hate - I remember when CBS was mocked by their own Late Night host (Letterman) for such dismal ratings.
Flag
cbs better not cancle mom and i hopebfox keeps dads
Flag
If this was done purely on Nielsen numbers, what was your cut-off number? Did you vary it by network or keep it the same across the board? Or did you apply any special algorithm to this?
Flag
I'd move Super Fun Night from on the bubble to cancelled. Also, I think Mom will probably get renewed.
Flag
No, not Dracula too. It had its problems finding itself, but the later episodes and viewership is actually improving. NBC doesn't have a good track record at picking shows for its lineup. Throwing more bad shows on probably isn't going to help. At least keep the shows that are showing signs of improving and make better choices about what to air rather than just fill holes. BTW Wednesdays and Fridays at 10 p.m. are hard time slots for a fledgling series to survive in.
Flag
Great article, I agree with most of your assessments, but I'd add:
ABC:
They are having serious problems with their sitcoms. Looking at the numbers and considering Back in the Game wasn't doing well enough, all of their sitcoms bar Modern Family and The Middle should be cancelled, but obviously they can't do that, so I'm expecting Last Man Standing (cheap to make) and The Goldbergs to survive with at least one other, but I've no idea which. It might be Super Fun Night (superior numbers although they have plummeted since the pilot) or Trophy Wife (critical acclaim and superior cast, but I suspect it's expensive) but I doubt it will be both. Suburgatory is the hardest to read, I have no idea if that will be back or not, but I suspect not. The Neighbors may yet surprise us all like it did last season but I doubt it, I expect this one to get cancelled. ABC still has Mixology waiting in the wings to take over from Super Fun Night so as long as it retains some of the Modern Familylead in and posts better numbers than what Super Fun Night closes with I'd expect it to be at least the fifth sitcom to be renewed but, obviously, that's wild speculation. I suspect Revenge and Nashville are both firmly 50/50 and I'd be surprised if either come back next season.

CBS:
The huge ratings drop should be a worry to Two and a Half Men fans, I wouldn't be surprised if CBS called time on the series. I think Mom will be cancelled. I suspect The Mentalist will receive a final season order considering the change in direction and the change of personnel I think it will get one last season for Simon Baker to wrap it all up. I think Intelligence is a 50/50 shot but I suspect the 1.53 demo coupled with < 9m viewers will not be enough to save it. Hostages is a goner!

The CW:
The Carrie Diaries
and Beauty and the Beast are lucky to be seeing out the end of the season, they can completely forget about a renewal. I think Hart of Dixie is a 50/50 and it's future will depend on the success of (the badly titled) The 100 and Star Crossed, I doubt the network will risk cancelling an established show for a new pilot. As for Reign and The Tomorrow People, I suspect these are both 50/50 and their fates will rest not only on the success of The 100 and Star Crossed but also the pilots that are currently being made. If the network has enough faith in the pilot for The Flash then I suspect The Tomorrow People will be cancelled. Reign's uniqueness may just be it's saving grace.

Fox:
It is far too early to tell where Rake will end up, but I'm predicting a ratings drop when new sitcom Surviving Jack begins at the end of March (unless they actually drop before then) and the demo is already dangerously low. I suspect Bones renewal could be it's last. Dads is a goner. Enlisted should, by rights, be cancelled and there is a real possibility it could be cancelled before I finish writing this response, but I have this strange feeling that we'll see it get a new time slot after it's renewed for an unexpected season 2. New Girl will be fine. The Mindy Project and Brooklyn Nine-Nine are both harder to read. I'd say both are 50/50 but due to a lack of alternatives I suspect one of them will survive, whether that's the more expensive but better performing cop show or the more established but ratings challenged doctor show, I'm not sure, but it may just be that Tina Fey holds the fates of both these shows in her hands with her up-coming new pilot.

NBC:
Let's start with the best sitcom currently in production, Sean Saves the World Community, it's demo is the same as Parks and Recreation and it's actually pulling in slightly more viewers so I'm expecting it to be renewed (especially with this seasons improved writing). I suspect The Michael J Fox Show will be cancelled but I think the network will hold off to see how About A Boy and Growing Up Fisher get on, if the ratings for those two are even worse then MJF may get a reprieve despite the high cost of his show. Dracula will be cancelled. The only others that need to worry are Revolution and Parenthood, the year-to-year drop in demo are 43 % and 30 % respectively, but I suspect that Revolution's 5m+ viewers will give it at least one more season, although it could be cancelled if the networks up-coming series perform well. Parenthood would be very unlucky to be cancelled without ever receiving a final season order, but we're talking about NBC, so quite frankly anything could happen to any of their shows. I'm concerned however that if Parenthoods viewers drop below the 4m viewers mark (it's currently at 4.02m) then NBC might cold-heartedly cut their losses, it wouldn't be unheard of, my gut tells it'll be back next season.

Well, having said all of that, well done if you've gotten to this point, I should point out that my record with regard to the TV.com Dead Pool certainly isn't stellar, so I could be completely wrong! I've always found the sitcoms are particularly hard to read, but as always I think it'll be an interesting few months.
More+
Flag
Why are Dracula, Tomorrow People, Beauty And The Beast, Intelligence, Hostages, Once Upon a Time Wonderland, and the Mindy Project cancelled? :( :( WHY?!!!!
Flag
Without the line means they think it's going to be cancelled, with the line it means it actuallyhas been cancelled.
Flag
Once Upon a Time says renewed.
Flag
No not Brooklyn Nine Nine, that show's awesome. Watch it people. Please watch it. I just can't watch it on its premiere time. If I could I would. The show is awesome, like each character is damn funny. Best workplace comedy since Parks and Rec. and I like Gina the best, her breathy accent is just so awesome!
Flag
Firstly love your disclaimer.... it is more than guesses...
I have similar expectations to these predictions re: the CW & NBC but I think I expect more cancellations on Fox, CBS and ABC

Fox - The Following - 2nd ep of this season got a 2.0 series low rating and it is likely to go down. Considering how expensive this show is, i think it will be canned.
Almost Human has not been doing well at all so I doubt being the first season Fox will give it a chance to get better. I am less certain on this one but things do not look good.
On the other hand I think Brooklyn has more chances than not to be renewed considering its ratings improved recently & the other comedies are doing poorly.

CBS - they need to vacate space in their prime time to premiere new shows they have on the pipeline so I think candidates for cancellation are:
The Good Wife - my heart cries but ratings are low and TGW has enough eps for syndication anyway
Two & a half men - more dependent on talent signing back than anything else as the show has become very expensive and ratings are nowhere near when it started or even when Ashton Kutchner joined.
The Crazy Ones - not sure but ratings have been only mediocre for CBS standards & considering the cast, not sure they want to continue with a show that is only doing just OK...

The Mentalist - Not being a CBS production is more expensive for CBS but in the end if Simon Baker wants to keep going (and is reasonable re: his producer arrangement), they may as it is a certain money maker between syndication and int'l sales

ABC - is such a mess this year. Apart from Scandal and shows like Castle, Greys or Modern Family that are consistently performing well, nearly everything has been a disappointment from Revenge losing its previous shine to the awfulness of Betrayal and the less than great SHIELD performance... OUAT struggled as did Nashville and even worse OUAT Wonderland. So in my mind in addition to Trophy Wife, Betrayal and Wonderland:
Nashville - cancelled
Super fun night - cancelled
Suburgatory & Last man standing - may get cancelled... Suburgatory has more chances I would say

More+
Flag
Oh please don't let them cancel The Mindy Project, it's one of my favourite comedies, it's so good, it's a shame more people don't watch it!
Flag
I so agree!!! I love Mindy and it has been getting better but I think the show put off too many viewers... I am sad but I do think it will be cancelled... This gap now until it comes back in April could be due to two reasons:
1) Re-work things and renew it - my hope but doubt it
2) Re-write to provide a satisfying series ending by the end of the present second season - sadly this seems more plausible...
Flag
I didn't like the first season of Revolution, but my husband did. We both like season 2, so we hope it gets renewed. I am not a fan of the character Aaron, but I try to ignore most of what he does and says. I always have something to
read for Aaron's parts and commercials.
Flag
Is it true they cancelled The Tomorrow People????? Some of the shows deserve to be cancelled like Inlisted and Dads I couldn't understand it, some of the shows are good shows and they deserve a chance.... I don't know the networks are crazy.....
Flag
Ummm...no. If you scoll back up to the top, you'll see a disclaimer in big, bold letters that says "Basically, these guesses are purely subjective"
Flag
Question: what's the difference between Cancelled and Cancelled?
Flag
Without the line means they think it's going to be cancelled, with the line it means it actually has been cancelled.
Flag
I still think that the CW could be weird and keep Beauty & the Beast around for some weird reason, but hopefully you're right about that. I think The Tomorrow People might get a second season just because, but I guess we'll see. Everything else seems about right.
Flag
Few things I disagree with

ABC -
Nashville is probably 50/50, pity because I like it

CBS -
The Mentalist, 50/50, ratings are fairly steady for the lead in and CBS are concerned more with overall viewers rather that demo's

The CW -
The Tomorrow People, 50/50. Its not a great show, but i think it will at least get a 2nd season

FOX-
Brooklyn Nine-Nine, renewed. It just won awards
The Mindy Project, renewed. Steady partner for New Girl.
Enlisted, renewed And it will change days

NBC-
Community, renewed. Sean and MJF flopped hard in comparison and does well outside of the network
Flag
I find this puzzling that there might be a chance The Mentalist is going to renewed the show has run out of ideas since the whole Red John story finished . Also I can't figure out why CSI and Criminal Minds is being renewed ?
Flag
Also, Criminal Minds 11m+ viewers (with 2.55 demo) and CSI 9m+ viewers (with 1.93 demo), there is no way they will get cancelled.
The Mentalist probably is 50/50 for the chop, considering the change of direction and the personnel changes, the 9m+ viewers is good but the 1.51 demo isn't great (by CBS standards).
Having said that though, CBS aren't rash when it comes to canning an established series so I suspect they might give The Mentalist a final season renewal.
Flag
The networks win in the end due to the viewers watching shows like CSI and Criminal Minds which are in state of predictable stories and stale characters. But shows like Boardwalk Empire and Game of Thrones which are more involving and interesting are either ended too soon or not given enough recognition in the awards department. What is a Demo ! thanks for the info i am on the other side of the pond so I haven't got a clue how it works in the States.
Flag
Demo (demographic) means age or gender group. Sometimes a show gets a lot of viewers, but not enough in the key demographic. Key demographics are the groups, the advertisers are targeting with their products.

Boardwalk Empire and Game of Thrones, are on HBO. They cost more to make than most shows, and get fewer viewers due to the fact they are a premium paid channel. But HBO doesn't use advertisers to make their programs. Channel subscriptions, and viewership is what counts. Typically good premium channel shows, have a shorter life than good network or cable shows. There are quite a few exceptions though. No worries though, Empire and GOT should be around for a few more years.
Flag
The Mentalist averages 9m+ overall viewers but only gets 1.5 - 1.8 in the key demo, and CBS cares more about the overall number than the key demo.
I assume its the same for CSI and Criminal Minds
Flag
I ENVY the way your brain works. Please invite me into your world. Thnx :)
Flag
Staff
Awesome idea for a post. Love it! I promoted this post so look for it on the homepage :)

Just a heads up that I did have to edit the title of your post slightly for promotion. If you'd like to prevent that in the future, check out this how-to post with tips on titles. I just wanted to make it a little more clear what the post was about for when it's up on the homepage.
Flag
Thanks. I was certain tv.com had one but I guess it was from another year.
I don't mind you fixing the title at all, feel free to edit it! when one or more shows are cancelled/renewed. Thanks for promoting it I guess. :)
Flag
Staff
Yeah, definitely keep updating it as shows are cancelled/renewed. Love this idea!
Flag
Follow this Show
Members