A Revolution Community
NBC (ended 2014)
Now that's better. After two weeks of slow pacing, Revolution got back on track this week with a fast paced episode and two MAJOR reveals. Let's break it down.

We started off the episode with our heroes putting into motion what seemed to be another rescue mission that was sure to be unsuccessful and pointless:

And then BAM - Revolution was immediately back on track

I'm pretty sure that after last week's episode we all assumed that for some never to be explained reason Aaron's powers would only extend to the three men standing in front of him. BUT NO, apparently (unbeknownst to our heroes, but knownst to us) Aaron had somehow incapacitated the entire Patriot outpost. Luckily, our heroes had someone who has had plenty of time to hone her skills tracking people this season as Charlie immediately sussed out the direction Aaron had headed.

Aaron had headed out through a secret underground tunnel that our heroes thought must be important for about 5 seconds before forgetting about that potential plotline.

After the credit sequence we checked in with Simply the Best and Son as they boarded a train with their new meal ticket whose name once again I do not remember. The Man was complaining to Major Tom about their deal not including Jason in the details. Needless to say Major Tom was on top of the problem.

Back with the Matheson crew our heroes emerged into a foggy landscape (assumed to be due to Aaron). At this point Rachel began to raise some serious objections about leaving her father behind.

However, Miles was having none of it.

Rachel relented after Miles called the nanobots nanogarbage and claimed that he could not deal with all this X-Files stuff. Our heroes were quickly on their way once again as Charlie found Aaron's tracks.

On the other side of town Aaron awoke confused in an abandoned school library to find Cynthia healed, but with no recollection of how he got there. Aaron still seemed to be upset about his super powers which would be a trend in the future.

Aaron began to get the blanks in his memory filled in by this precocious tyke (who actually did a great acting job - kudos young sir).

Aaron apparently carried Cynthia in all by himself.

Off in the woods the Matheson Clan were not the only heroes stumbling around

The Matheson Clan was having trouble keeping track of Aaron's prints leading Miles to start giving Charlie a hard time

Our heroes were then accosted by some Patriots, but were saved in the nick of time by an unknown vigilante our for justice or.....

Back onboard the train Jason had some alone time to contemplate things as he worked security for the Man.

Major Tom had gone to the front of the train to check on the reason for the train stopping and discovered that it was due to some high ranking Patriot muckety-muck. Oh and also MAJOR REVEAL #1

Mrs. Neville was ALIVE. I did not see this one coming. At the beginning of the season I had somewhat contemplated this possibility as I'm sure many of you had, but as the season wore on I just kind of assumed that she must have been truly dead. Thank God she wasn't and you'll see why later.

Back in the library Aaron was chatting up the kid who it turned out lived in the school. He told Aaron that he had been searching for his parents.

Back with the Matheson clan, Monroe was getting very worked up about his deal with Miles that he felt he had fulfilled.

In order to convince Monroe to continue helping them Miles had to hold back the secret about Monroe's son and also revealed that he was suffering from an infection. Naturally this was information he did not give Rachel and Charlie.

Anyway, then there was a really out of place flashback sequence that I would really like to talk about. I understand why this episode was titled Everyone Says I Love You because it had huge ramifications in two of the major plotlines, but it didn't really have much to do with Rachel and Miles this episode. They had several much stronger relationship moments at the beginning of the season and this flashback just felt out of place. Also, IT WAS A HUGE RIPOFF. For anyone that watches Person of Interest - this was close to a word for word reenactment of the airport scene in which John found himself with his original love.

Back onboard the train Major Tom made a pass by his wife's table to get her attention.

This was followed by a joyful Neville reunion and by that I mean

Back in the woods in became apparent to our heroes that the Patriots must have found Aaron because they scampered off. Luckily they had the best tracker around who could help them out.

Back in the library Cynthia finally woke up much to Aaron's joy. However, his joy was short lived as that kid once again tried to catch his attention.

It turns out that the kid was another one of Aaron's hallucinations which made him super upset again of course. Then came MAJOR REVEAL #2.

Naturally, Aaron took this revelation like a well adjusted grown man and not like a little toddler. Just kidding, of course he didn't.

It was almost like a religious experience. It was something that I never thought would happen in a million years and I hesitated to think it at the time in case I might jinx it, but seriously guys in just this one scene I had to make the jump (at least temporarily)

Cynthia managed to talk Aaron into going back and talking to the NanoKid.

Back onboard the train the Neville family reunion was commencing. It turns out that Mrs. Neville had fled Atlanta early on and assumed that Major Tom and Jason were dead. Following in the footsteps of her husband Mrs. Neville quickly used everything she could to her advantage and managed to find a new powerful husband. She then asked Major Tom what he had been up to.

Mrs Neville talked Major Tom out of that plan and they put into motion a new plan that would involved both of them playing it cool and quiet for the time being.

Back in the library the conversation between Aaron and NanoKid commenced.

Normally I try and keep the recaps as clean as possible, but Aaron was so over the top angry and ridiculous in this scene it just felt appropriate. Essentially when Aaron restarted the nanobot system the nanobots reached realization and became a sentient AI. Given that Aaron was the one who had done this the nanobots had attached themselves to him as a sort of father figure and had gone out of their way to help and protect him. What was Aaron's response to finding out that he had created an AI that had saved his life and protected his friend I hear you asking. Did he stand in awe and thank his creation and try to come to terms with it? Or did he yell at it, tell it to go to hell and leave him alone - because that always seems like a good idea when it comes to sentient AIs. And just like that the torch was passed and Aaron reclaimed his title as THE WORST from Cynthia.

Meanwhile the rest of our heroes were attempting to rescue (for some reason) THE WORST and Cynthia. It was at this point that the infection finally knocked Miles down leading to a nice, (but not as good as earlier in the season) scene with Rachel.

On the other side of the school the greatest thing ever was happening

I really need to find that GIF that someone pointed out the other week because I seriously will go down with this ship. However, there was a momentary hiccup when our duo became separated and it looked like Monroe was about to abandon Charlie.

Unfortunately for Charlie it looked like her days were numbered

When out of nowhere a stranger appeared to rescue her:

I WILL GO DOWN WITH THIS SHIP. Meanwhile in the secondary storyline (because clearly Marlie is #1) Dr. Horn finally tracked down Aaron.

Dr. Horn still wanted Aaron to cure him and one awesome part of this scene was once again Cynthia being kinda awesome and giving Dr. Horn some serious sideye.

Dr. Horn eventually threatened to shoot Cynthia if Aaron didn't fix him (which he couldn't). Aaron pleaded for the return of the NanoKid, but he was too late and Cynthia was shot and died with her final words being I love you. That was kind of the last straw for Aaron.

The Patriots all across the school burst into flames at Aaron's request thereby saving the rest of our heroes.

Then there was the final conversation of the episode as Aaron realized that he had forgotten about something

Questions

What is the deal with Spring City, Oklahoma and their ball of twine?

What will the NanoKid do now that it has given up on Aaron?

What's the Neville's agenda?

Team Marlie all the way right?

What was your favorite Miles/Monroe line of the night?

Where is Dr. Porter?

Does this mean the end of our time in Willoughby?
49 Comments
Comments (49)
Submit
Sort: Latest | Popular
Why I keep watching this show I don't know, anyone noticed how the main characters have an amazing ability of dodging machine gun fire, just how many times have they been fired upon by several men with machine guns and never been hit, daft.
Flag
Aaron just got the award for stupidest man in TV on air to today :)
You have access to almost god like powers and there is danger all around you and you just give it up ???
Your lover is dying and you don't ask to cure her ???
Flag
"I'm Batman"....hahahahahahaha
Flag
I had decided to stop watching this show after the season 1 finale where the power came back on, and only due to these write ups did I watch this season. So glad I did, it is so much better.
1. I hate the Aaron character, how do they even explain how he survived for 10? years in this new world without even losing 10 lbs, learning at least a little bit of how to fight, or be useful in any way?
2. I had never thought about the Charlie pregnancy thing until I just read it in the comments, this is stupid stuff hollywood writers always do. If a character has sex, a baby is always the result, and it's lazy writing to say that people can't just have sex for fun, there is always a penalty.
3. When Monroe saves them in the fog and says "I'm Batman", I don't know why but it was the best thing ever, even being completely out of place.
4. Before Monroe says he's Batman, Charlie gives a really audible pant (for lack of a better word) directed at Monroe.
5. Please continue with these amazing write ups.
More+
Flag
Anyone else think for a second Aaron was going to go all Bruce Banner?? but instead we got couple of flames and the kid was gone meehhh

'Nanothings' got to come back one way or another in any shape or form to keep this show going. Feels like a crap spin-off of Lost lololol but hey i will still watch it as the mystery surrounding the second season is getting interesting..and seeing more flashbacks of what happened at the tower and consequences I hoping to see more of.
Flag
So sorry that NanoKid didn't just off AyeAyeron on the spot. What is even the point of this waste of space and skin now? Srsly, Revolution writers!

My favourite Monroe quote of the episode: "You really did go soft. You are like a puppy holding a kitten." <-- That was too hilarious for words!
Flag
"You're not my real dad."
Laughed out loud at that one, thank you sir.
Flag
Next stop, ball of twine....The nanites wil try to take over the world. Led by, you guessed it, THAT KID. Oh Revolution, u so silly! :)
Flag
Marlie!!!!!
Flag
Firstly the photo recap was way more interesting than the actual episode would've been had I been bothered to even consider watching it.

Secondly could anyone actually have been legitimately surprised by Neville's wife being alive? They were so overdramatic with the whole "My wife was murdered" and the "My mommy was murdered" by the patriots shtick it couldn't have been more obvious that at some point they'd find her and there would be an evil yet boring family reunion.
Flag
Secondly could anyone actually have been legitimately surprised by Neville's wife being alive?

If you had asked me at the beginning of the season I would have agreed that no question Neville's wife would turn up alive, but the Neville plotline has been churning along so well this season that it didn't seem like a necessary twist anymore and I kind of completely forgot that it was a possibility. But it will be to our benefit in the second half of the season, because it looks like Mrs. Neville is up to the task of matching Major Tom.
Flag
Thanks for this! Love the show and love your photo recaps!

And I agree--loved strong Cynthia! And I so do not get the ball of twine thing either.

Several things I'm questioning:

Why did Monroe come back for Charlie? Did he realize he cares (not necessarily romantically) or did he decide that in running out on her, Miles would never tell him about his son?

Did anyone else think Julia's story about leaving Atlanta was a lie? And that she knew it, Tom knew it and she knew Tom knew it but can't quite process it yet. Kind of a "I know this sounds really lame" look on her face. And his face looked like it has right before a lot of people have gotten in some deep trouble in the past.

About the shipper name ....I like Charloe ...or Charm :)

Flag
Monroe didn't leave, he just hid.
Flag
Did anyone else think Julia's story about leaving Atlanta was a lie?

I had not considered it, however maybe we should dig a little deeper into what brainwashed Jason was saying a few episodes ago. If Julia had been messing around on Major Tom back in Philadelphia after all maybe you're on to something.
Flag
This comment has been removed.
Flag
Yeah, that Julia seems like a real a conniving biznitch...
Flag
"Everyone Says I Love You" was so CRAZY - I loved it! It's probably the best episode of season 2 (so far that is)

1. I screamed with delight when Sebastian said "I'm Batman". That was AMAZING!

2. Charlie literally came out of the closet :) Still hope for romantic Team Marlie though - fingers crossed Charlie is bisexual.

3. Miles mentions X-Files. How cool was that?

4. Sweet scene for Team Riles in the barricaded room :)

5. Lord of Fireflies burns to ashes bazillion of people.

6. Cynthia dies as a badass.

7. Teddy Julia is back! Great plot twist! I missed you so much, girl!

8. Fog is great - more of it please!

Thanks for review, theguylafayette!
Flag
I am totally going to refuse to refer to Aaron as anything other than Lord of the Fireflies from now on.
Flag
Aww, I kinda liked THE WORST. See: my comment in tim's fake article.
Flag
So the world's largest ball of twine is in a city in Kansas, apparently. They do have an awesome sign that says "When the ball is blue... it's cold".

One thing I am confused about? Why? If they are so bent on fighting the Patriots, didn't they run around and kill them all when they were all passed out? Er, duh. I know it isn't sporting, but bad form does not apply when you are outnumbered hundreds(thousands) to one. Where is Monroe when you need him?

Seems like it will be a race between the Nanoborg and the Neville family for World Domination. Notice how Julia was so desperate to survive yet she somehow managed to retain her I'm-a-classy-lady wardrobe? I think we're going to find she married pretty high up on the Patriot food chain.

I so don't get why Aaron didn't use all those MIT degrees to spend 30 seconds thinking about how an A.I. might process the situation. Seems like bad characterization.

Team Marlie? I think it is all a tease. Cruel isn't it- but I just don't think it is going to happen. I do think that maybe marked a change in their dynamic: Monroe actually does care what happens to Charlie and isn't just using her as a means to an end so much anymore. Maybe. It could still be part of the long game. (Hey! Is that a kudos to the writers that Monroe still isn't 100% trustworthy?)

Best Miles/Monroe line? I liked the exchange in the cellar- Miles, "It's infected"- Monroe, "Ya think?" Then Miles tells Monroe he needs him. Isn't this what Monroe has wanted all along? Maybe Miles is a day late and now Monroe is like "screw this, I have my own family".

That made me have an 'impulse'- maybe Charlie is going to get a big push in Monroe's direction when she finds out Miles is really her dad (that flashback was six years before the blackout which would mean Miles left right around the time Charlie would have been conceived, best guess, hrmmm). Monroe will abscond with the children and then they'll come back and save Miles from whatever idiot plan Rachel gets them sucked into(you know she will).

No idea where Doc Porter is. Maybe crispy fried somewhere? Probably not, but I can hope.

I think Willoughby will be back.
More+
Flag
Why? If they are so bent on fighting the Patriots, didn't they run around and kill them all when they were all passed out? Er, duh.

Agreed. A classic please don't think about it too hard or your brain will hurt scenario.

I think we're going to find she married pretty high up on the Patriot food chain.

Totally agree again. Let's see if we can go 3 for 3. PS Are we thinking high up military or high up civilian government (new Congress or new Cabinet)?

I so don't get why Aaron didn't use all those MIT degrees to spend 30 seconds thinking about how an A.I. might process the situation. Seems like bad characterization.

So close. While I completely agree with the first sentence, I completely disagree with the second one. Quite simply Aaron is the worst and is only capable of acting like a toddler (can you tell that this frustrates me to no end? why does the "smart" one have to suck?). Throughout the season they had Aaron setup as being completely miserable having super powers and resenting having them so it did not surprise me at all when he showed no gratitude to the nanobots and completely rejected them. Remember when he was UPSET that he had been brought back to life? Sigh.

Team Marlie?

I love Marlie so much. I emphasize it each week because it is a great thing to have fun with because it will never happen. But......

I do think that maybe marked a change in their dynamic: Monroe actually does care what happens to Charlie and isn't just using her as a means to an end so much anymore.

I think that Monroe actually cares about both Rachel and Miles and initially his only interest in Charlie was that she was important to those two. As the season has progressed though I completely agree that I think Monroe now cares about her on her own merit rather than because of Miles and Rachel. I really think it's more like an Uncle-Niece thing, but the SHIP is so much more fun to talk about!

More +
Flag
Son is going to be dead, so Bad-ass Bass will go complete psycho for Charlie to protect her and her unborn baby. It writes itself (unfortunately).

Flag
Unfortunately, Bass' in his late-twenties, son isn't dead. Though if the writers have a sudden change of heart and say he's been nuked, I wouldn't be mad at all.

The dude they've cast to play "the kid" is easy on the eyes and could easily be Miles'. They threw in some curly hair to cause a bit o' doubt. Like seriously, he could BE a Miles/Monroe lovechild. Straight up Maury Povich mess in the making. Probably make for some hilarious picture recaps though!
Flag
OK. Casting news - I defer to your knowledge. I felt sure there would something going on with the kid to cause new conflict with Miles and Bass. The idea it is actually Miles' son ...would explain a lot and provide the conflict. But with Miles already a dog for doing his brother's wife, I can't see involving him in another affair with "family" - as Bass is his brother too in all the ways that matter. It would be lazy writing (Go figure, hey!) This show has such great pedigree. MAke it the worst ep of seasons 1-5 of Supernatural or any Farscape and I would love it. Kripke and O'Bannnon are not hitting it out of the park like I thought they would.
Flag
I don't think any amount of talented writers can fix the mess that came before it and make a coherent storyline. Even the stuff I like this season is in direct opposition to what we learned about this world and the characters last season. The tone is wrong, in my opinion, with the histories these characters share, everything should be darker when they interact and work together for a common cause.

Matheson-Monroe Son
I'm sure Bass will freak-out about the dubious parentage of the Matheson-Monroe heir, but since he is a loon, he will end up loving baby Miles with the same obsessive and unrequited affection he shows Deadbeat Dad!Miles.
Flag
I feel like it has been too long since Charlie hooked up with that random guy for her to not know she was pregnant by now. I also don't think that Bass's son will be dead, but I'm guessing that there will be some trickery involved where it turns out that Bass knows his son already (without knowing it of course). If they go the death route - any ideas on how his son may have died or the story behind that (nuked in ATL or PHL maybe?)
Flag
And when the next episode opens with Charlie suffering from morning sickness we can sigh about it together (please no writers! restrain yourselves I beg of you).
Flag
Well, she can't take 43 pregnancy tests like Carrie from Homeland, so I just assumed nausea would give us "sharp folk" a clue. The Bassie throw down sex thing is a given in the near future - that I'm sure we agree on. Then shortly after as May sweeps arrive...we get a Scully "I'm pregnant" moment. The reveal to "Cans" Juliet/Rachel/Sociopath Mom I'm sure (bonding moment). BTW...Between the hooker eye make up and bangs (and cans!) Liz Mitchell did look quite fantastic in this last ep.(Use your quiet voice Edshrinker!!) Anyway Mr. Laffy, - I expected more out of Kripke and O'Bannon. But all this is inevitable. And for a genius, Aaron is one dumb mofo. I am so disappointed in this show. As a diehard 1st 5 seasons SN guy and STILL a Farscape fanatic (and yes a big NuTrek/J.J. apologist) - I have been left wanting. Once again - Miles and Bass out on their own battling the powered down world (ala adventure of the Winchesters) would have rocked.
Flag
This comment has been removed.
Flag
Holy sweet Jeebus. It just hit me. Carrie Matheson. Charlie/Rachel Matheson = bipolar psycho pregnant protagonist. I am a genius! (yikes)
Flag
As for Bass's son - the big twist I can see coming from a mile on is Miles had to kill him (reasons unknown).
Flag
And Bass will so hit that by season's end. There has to be a pregnancy to stick to the formula for the finale' reveal.

Flag
1. I wanted the caption of dying Miles to say, "You looked hotter with bangs".

2. So there has to be stupid on this show and it has passed from Charlie to Aaron.

3. This show would be light years better if it were just Miles, Bass kicking ass (see what I...nevermind) and Major Tom being a psychopath. Bit players instead of this dumbass ensemble. Yes I love Juliet's hooters and they could have a silent character arc. But the rest...cya.
Flag
1. I wanted the caption of dying Miles to say, "You looked hotter with bangs".

Lol. Nice one.

2. So there has to be stupid on this show and it has passed from Charlie to Aaron.

I feel like whereas Charlie went from being pretty questionable in Season 1 to pretty awesome in Season 2, Aaron hasn't changed at all (and thats not a good thing). Also lets not leave Cynthia out of the stupid conversation.

3. This show would be light years better if it were just Miles, Bass kicking ass (see what I...nevermind) and Major Tom being a psychopath.

I think the character development for Rachel in Season 2 and the Miles-Rachel relationship this season have been extremely solid (with the exception of the unnecessary flashback this episode). Also, Charlie has proven to be a worthy force acting as an intermediary between the Mathesons and Monroe. However, I completely agree about Major Tom and that is why he is Simply the Best
Flag
Marlie! Marlie! MARLIE! This is so hillarious stupid shtako that it is fun to watch again. ;-)
Flag
Randomly, this is to all who also watch Arrow? Did anyone else think we were going to get two paternal surprises (not) with Rachel telling Miles that Charlie is actually his daughter then with the whole Thea thing on Arrow. And Aaron you are a jerk (it was sort of like when Cassie? from Under the Dome made no attempt at appeasing Junior to manipulate him when he was holding her prisoner), I wouldn't be terribly surprised if the Nanoboy shifts to who I have to assume it thinks of as mommy in the form of Rachel.
Flag
I wouldn't be terribly surprised if the Nanoboy shifts to who I have to assume it thinks of as mommy in the form of Rachel.

The first thing that I thought upon learning that Aaron was the "father" in this situation was also that Rachel should be considered the mother (by us anyway). However, I could also see the Nanoboy having no association with Rachel whatsoever if the nanobots deem that the only person responsible for creating their sentience was Aaron since it only takes one person to press a key. I personally want them to consider Rachel the mother because she would be awesome (as opposed to Aaron) as a parental figure for an AI, but I have a feeling that the story won't go that way.
Flag
I thought they might revert to who was their creator (and while from what I understand Grace is still alive) Rachel is the only member of that group still alive and kicking. But it would probably be Danny that appears to her.
Flag
Maybe the nanobrat will resurrect Ben!
Flag
Follow this Show
Members