A Revolution Community
NBC (ended 2014)

Revolution S02E09: "Everyone Says I Love You"

UPDATE: Due to some unforeseen and unavoidable circumstances, we're not going to be able to finish a review of "Everyone Says I love You." Terrible timing, I know, given all that went down with Aaron and that creepy A.I. kiddo named Haley Joel (!). Sorry about that! The discussion you guys have going in the comments is great!

And in lieu of an "official" review, might I direct you toward TV.com user @theguylafayette's comprehensive photo recap of the proceedings? It'll walk you through a breakdown of the episode's big reveals. —Jen Trolio, your friendly neighborhood TV.com Managing Editor

WHOA GUYS! It looks like Revolution is getting pretty serious in its mid-season finale, "Everyone Says I Love You." You all thought a move to 8pm would soften the show up a bit, but N-O-P-E. Just look at that promo image above! And that heinous desecration of school property with that graffiti! I can't even type out such vulgar language, in case anyone under 80 is reading this. Yikes!

Anywho, a mid-season finale means a lot of people will be shooting at each other and jumping in from off-screen just a little more than usual. Remember what happened last mid-season finale? Miles and Monroe almost made out and then a helicopter showed up! It was a good episode! What will happen tonight? According to NBC's episode description, not much. Listen to this humdrum precap: 

The relationship between Rachel (Elizabeth Mitchell) and Gene (Stephen Collins) remains strained as Charlie (Tracy Spiridakos) shows her mom how much she’s grown. Meanwhile, Neville (Giancarlo Esposito) gives Jason (JD Pardo) a determined proclamation.Also starring David Lyons, JD Pardo, Zak Orth, Jessica Collins, Steven Culp, Nicole Ari Parker and David Aaron Baker.

Ummm... SNOOZE. Where's the part about "And Aaron sets fire to the world and Miles cuts a dude's head off and then hackysacks it into a garbage bin"? And look at that: Nicole Ari Parker, who plays Allerford, is listed as a guest star even though Allerford is DEAD. Flashback, sci-fi show loophole, guest credit for showing up as a corpse, or lazy intern? Only time will tell! But hey, at least there's THIS:

Anyway, I'll have my review up as soon as possible, but in the meantime, go ahead and get to talking about the episode now. Thanks!  And don't forget to click something on our poll!

91 Comments
Comments (91)
Submit
Sort: Latest | Popular
Get awesome powers and let it go, who in real life would do that, nobody.
Unless you are really stupid.
Flag
Is the review out yet?
Flag
The best episode of the season. Kripke is truly back on form with this season.
Flag
Oh Aaron... And I thought there was still hope for you...
Flag
Miles being all bad-ass all the time then suddenly collapses from a blood-poisining in the middle of the adventure. Bad Script if you ask me, no build up - if it wouldn't have been for the bandage still on his hand I would have just thought WTF.
I'm also not too sure about the all powerful nanites. Aarons reaction was stupid (a nerd says no to nanites giving him god-like powers, really, REALLY?). And why would the nanites burn all the bad guys and THEN leave? Obviously Aaron allowed them back in and that is when they leave, when they get their opportunity to learn?
And the bad guy shot Arron's girl? Come on, he couldn't have been THAT stupid. He would have KNOWN that he would end up as charcoal if he did that, no one is that stupid.
And then Aaron goes all "Kill them all"? WTF? How is anyone ever going to want to be anywhere within a hundred miles of that guy? The others were following orders - he could just have gone with "send them all to sleep and then we'll talk."

Sorry, but for me this is one of the worst written episodes of the series. The main characters achieved pretty much nothing and the decisions be it by humans or AIs did not make any sense at all.
More+
Flag
You did not pay attention. He was not well from the previous episode and it was pretty clear in this episode that he was in pain and had a hard time focusing.
Flag
hey i was just wondering, where's the review of this episode? i always look forward to them
Flag
After a couple of boring episodes, this one was interesting - Although I think they could have played differently the whole conversation between Aaron and the nanites.
Flag
I thought they were pretty compliant with the characters. Aaron being pretty stupid and distant (from what he might be) therefore not recognising what he could be. The fireflies (still love the reference to my favourite show) are still in their childhood, not really knowing how to act as an adult.
Flag
Yes, but I thought we were over super-stupid Aaron by now. The child metaphore is nice, but Aaron repeating once and again "just leave me alone" to a bunch of nanites is not very compelling. The show has deliverately avoided to find out more about what's going on with Aaron, and now they play that silly trick of "you said to leave you alone" instead of writing Aaron more interested in understanding the AI that has taken over his brain.
Flag
I enjoyed the episode, but Aaron really shouldn't be that stupid. It should have been immediately obvious to him that the kid was a user interface to the nanite hive mind, and that it would be the worst idea ever to refuse to talk to it.
Flag
While I understand the metaphor of the nanites AI being played by a child (it's learning blah blah blah), how much better would this episode have been if it had been played by John Cleese instead?
Flag
I could'nt believe Monroe had said "I'm Batman", I thought he'd said "I'm THAT man" (= who is so weirdly faithfull to his BF Miles and new BF Charlie).
Flag
I was wondering if he really said "I'm Batman". I liked the line, but I thought I must have heard it wrong.
Flag
me too, but they make a lot of comic references in this show, don't they?
Flag
Alright. Forget all previous episodes and make this the first episode of revolution. Omnipotent nanobots having a collective mind. This premise is even better than the what if all power went out. Though it might sound stupid, especially coming off of the momentum of a stupid show, I'm actually excited to see where this goes. This is real sci-fi. Odds are against it turning out to be awesome but I'm hopeful. But don't get me wrong, it's till a stupid show and this episode took me right back to season one. But it isn't boring and it's till so bad it's good.
Flag
Bass had the best lines of the series so far. I died laughing at the puppy holding a kitten line.

"If someone asks you if you're a god, You Say Yes!" Apparently Aaron forgot this lesson from when he was telling the story of Ghostbusters earlier in the season.

In the Miles/Rachel flashback did anyone else notice that Miles wasn't really looking Rachel in the eye? It seemed like he was looking more towards her stomach. Foreshadowing for the big Charlie is Miles' daughter reveal that will surprise noone?

Moving forward we can assume they will head to the town the nanites kept talking about and Willoughby will be forgotten. Have they turned the big ball of twine into a statue of Aaron?

I think we are going to find that Neville's wife is a lot more connected to the Patriots than we see. Why was she so quick to assume Tom was dead? Perhaps she knew the bombs were going to fall.

Charlie is a Native American tracker now?

What happened to that war they were supposed to start with the Patriots? Like 4 episodes later and it is completely forgotten.

This was a vintage season 1 episode. The only way the Dr Horn and killing of Cynthia storyline is anything other than a complete waste of time is if Aaron becomes a super villan now.
More+
Flag
I think the Patriots are still very much in play (a la Neville) and sadly, I am assuming there will be a 'hey gang, lets go rescue grandpa' episode. I think there will still be a war... patience, patience... we've got to introduce and kill off some more new characters first...

Yeah, I've kinda thought all along that Julia was cut from Patriot cloth.

Aaron as super villain. Hrm. I'll have to ruminate on that for a bit. I think he going to go off questing to regain King-of-the-Nanites status and redeem himself for his erroneous 'kill him, kill them all' decision.
Flag
heehee king of the nanites is cool
Flag
I started watching this show with a lot of enthusiasm, the post apocalyptic world was great, the adventures of getting to The Tower, the collapsed society and the Monroe Militia, etc.. all makes sense... until season 2, and this episode was the tipping point. For the first time i really got bored and wanted to turn it off. All this mambo jumbo about people in flames and the nano tech child is way to exaggerated.
This show is turning in a pure sci fi mystery and I do not like it. The answer is pretty simple, it's from the same creators of Lost.. I also watched that show for season one and the "Robinson survivor" idea appealed to me, until they introduced a White Tiger on a tropical island with all the mystery bullshit. I can understand people like this, but i'm not into this kind of crap. I'm not sure if i will watch the next episode and i'm really sad about the evolving story because this was a really great tv show until season 2 started.
Flag
Totally disagree. I think the show has just decided what kind of show it is. Not saying it doesn't have its pur-duh moments...

I read another comment from someone saying they were watching, not because she/he was interested in any of the characters but because she/he was fascinated with the 'post-apocalyptic landscape'. Er.

I think if you are watching this show because you want things to make sense, see how life functions after TEOTWAWKI, uh, you got the wrong show. And that became apparent, oh, in the pilot maybe? (Or pretty shortly thereafter).

Personally, I pretty much watch it to see Miles snark at everyone, Monroe kill everyone then look around and go, "what?", what dastardliness Neville cooks up, who Charlie ends up hooking up with, to endlessly groan in frustration at Aaron, and to be there for the day when Rachel's cray-cray finally gets her killed. You could pretty much drop this bunch off on any set and as long as there is snark, swords and ass-kicking... I'll be watching. (I do happen to like the set, just sayin').
Flag
"Personally, I pretty much watch it to see Miles snark at everyone, Monroe kill everyone then look around and go, "what?", what dastardliness Neville cooks up, who Charlie ends up hooking up with, to endlessly groan in frustration at Aaron, and to be there for the day when Rachel's cray-cray finally gets her killed. You could pretty much drop this bunch off on any set and as long as there is snark, swords and ass-kicking... I'll be watching. (I do happen to like the set, just sayin')."

Couldn't of said it better myself love the direction this show us going!!
Flag

Flag
This episode had lots of references and I can't remember them doing things like that.

I heard:
- X-files
- Batman
- AI
- Haley Joel

Which ones did I miss?
Flag
You missed the Stay Puft one - Ghostbusters
Flag
Oh yeah, totally forgt that one. Have to watch Ghostbusters again.
Flag
Monroe went all Terminator on her

Flag
I loved this part - all with the looks at the exit sign and all - these two are great!
Flag
Am I alone in thinking this made no sense at all? Nanobots sending a friendship request invite to Aaron, him declining it, then sending one to the 'bots, then them declining it....? And that's just one example.
Also, some classic Revolutionisms like the Charlie remembering Aaron's shoeprint asspull.
Flag
And best of all: the Nanites telling Aaron that his decisions make no sense when it is the Nanites who are the greatest no-sense-makers ever! Their refusal to resurrect Cynthia felt absolutely illogical, more like a convenient plot-device than anything else. Having said that: I still love Revolution, of course :-)
Flag
No, you're not alone, but if we're gonna start listing all the things about this show that haven't made sense...we're gonna be here for a while.

LOL, forgot about that shoe print line...CLASSIC!
Flag
I so called it! (again) Julia is alive! My guess is she's not telling everything, either. I still think she is Patriot-affiliated somehow.

I think Neville is shaping up nicely to be the new big-bad. Gotta love that evil smile.

On the subject of heinous villains, umm.. WHY all the build up with Dr. Horn and then, poof! Away he goes! They are killing people off left and right and not so much in a good way.

Rachel is the most morally ambiguous nutjob, uh, ever. Talk about whiplash: kill dad, don't kill dad, hate dad, let's get everyone killed trying to save dad... Come on! I think it would have been more appropriate when she told Charlie she loved her to have Charlie give her a Miles look and say, 'Uh huh'. And, Rachel, if anyone dies- today, or tomorrow, it's all your freaking fault.

Always love a little badass from the Monroe department. Charlie's getting pretty proficient at opening up a can of whupass- she's apparently been working on her hacking, slashing and gutting(and knife throwing). As much as I'd love to see everyone's Charloe dreams come true, I think they are just taunting the fans. Monroe seems BENT on finding that son of his- and how convenient, he's gotta be a bit older than Charlie, right? Me thinks this is no coincidence, however much it saddens me. Monroe and Charlie do make good mayhem buddies. Almost as good as Miles, Monroe and Charlie...

I don't even know what to say about Aaron. He's apparently gone to the dark side ("kill him, kill them all") and the force is no longer with him. My main concern(no, I'm not going to apologize for not being sorry Cynthia is dead) is WHO IS GOING TO SAVE MILES???!?

The nanoborg did reveal something significant: they can remote control people! Without them even knowing! They can take over the world! Oh wait, they already did that sorta. But, you know what I mean.

I'm curious to see if the group stays together. I think Monroe isn't going to hang out much longer- he's gotta find that kid(yes, we get it). I'm wondering if the whole group will go or if everyone's going to split up *again*? I like Miles, Monroe and Charlie together. Rachel I could do without(I'd say I don't know why she rubs me the wrong way but I do and there are too many reasons to list).

What will happen next? Ugh, I hate the midseason hiatus. This show has gone crazy beyond my wildest dreams, I'm sorta hoping for more now. At least its funny now...

More+
Flag
Rule of thumb, if an important character dies off screen...they ain't really dead. Although, the writing on this show is SO bad and SO lazy that Julia "just going away" wasn't impossible.

Speaking of lazy writing, I'm still not getting the whole Dr. Horn thing. I mean, I know he had the slowest growing brain tumor in the history of the world, but was his only purpose to show that if Aaron wanted to, he could heal other people?

Charlie and Rachel are definitely related. Last year, Charlie was chastising Miles about taking lives one episode and looking to kill innocents for a single shot at Monroe the next. Moral ambiguity must be genetic and run on that second X chromosome.

Hmm...{thinking}...if the nanoborgs were there only to help out Aaron when he thought something, wouldn't it stand to reason that at some point in the past 6 months he thought to himself, "Boy do I ever wish that turning on the power worked and everybody was saved"?
Flag
Regarding Aaron and the nanoborg- I think that is maybe the ONE thought they def. wouldn't have acted on- after all, turning the lights on means shutting the nanites off (according to previous show-science). I would assumed that the Nanoborg was happy it was all waked up miraculously and has some sense of self-preservation. And as this episode showed, while the nanoborg was helping Aaron out, it still has a mind of its own(um, and some syntactical issues- 'thinks'?)

Yeah, you know that whole moral ambiguity thing is ANNOYing. Monroe may be a Bad Guy(tm) but at least he's pretty darn consistent. I'll take a psychopath I know over sniveling-pacifist/murderous-beyotch randomness anyday.
Flag
for once in a while, I don't know what to say, can't decide if it was good or bad! but for a mid-season it was quite disappointing so I guess it says a lot
:(
Flag
-The minute I saw Miles's arm, and that he was hiding it, I knew that this was inevitable. I've been wanting to scream "What Is Wrong With You?!!!!" ever since we first saw it. Hope someone gets to eventually!

-Monroe came back for her!!! What is happening?! My emotions are super confused this season!

-Come on, Aaron. Never tell the super powerful being you created to go away! Especially when it's being helpful! What came after was totally your own fault.
Flag
Nice to see 'Revolution' is truly back to it's season 1 form. Then, just like now, with every passing episode I think to myself, "This should couldn't possibly get more absurd"...then it proceeds to prove me wrong.

Soooo...Aaron defibrillated the nanites and they've just been doing him a solid ever since? And now, for reasons I'm not entirely sure of, they made him hallucinate his 3rd grade buddy so they could have a conversation.

"Why didn't you just ask me to save her?"...don't go asking stupid questions kid, this show has abandoned logic WAY too many times for you to ever get an answer. While I appreciate asking the question, you've been camped out in Aaron's brain for a while and based on his thoughts and memories, you should know that stupidity follows this entire group around so killing everybody and then drawing the line at the conflict between harm and heal...kind of a dick move.

Most. Entertaining. Worse. Show. Ever!
Flag
Agree, if they're in his head and now his 'thinks', they know what he really wants and should ask. They should know it/him all.
Flag
Lol. Absolute agreement. Although, I'm kinda glad they didn't heal Cynthia. I like how Miles is always "WTF?" about all the Aaron stuff. Monroe doesn't give a crap so long as he gets to keep killing people. And Charlie seems to be in a constant daze of I-don't-know-what-the-hell-is-going-on-but-we're-going-to-save-everyone-and-everything-will-be-okay! Right.
Flag
I dunno about you (Aaron!), but if my cool superpower manifested itself in human form (and even though I'm 35, the last real friend I had was in 3rd grade for some reason :( I would totally befriend my superpower/3rd grade creepy friend, cuz I dunno, it's kinda, sorta like an apocalyptic hellhole out there buddy....

I mean, He (my superpower/3rd grade creepy friend) only saved my ass 10 times already, not too mention just saved my gf from certain death, and there are still a bunch of soldiers chasing us.... but instead of thanking him (and my lucky stars that I'm no longer a pointless, idiotic, genius-coward), I'll shoo Him away, cuz I won't need him again in the near future, right?
Flag
Did anyone else know that was the mid season finale?
Flag
Nope, but should have realised it when so may characters were dead or nearly dead. Obviously we must be in doubt whether they will survive. But there is no doubt and no strain, just the thought that we have to wait which (show typical) solution they come up to save our dying or died heroes.
Flag
Oh, i assume we are going to see Danny again as the nanonytes once abandoning Aaron, turn to "mommy" who I can only think would be Rachel at this point and Rachel will want him to cure Miles.
Flag
Now that's a good question you are (indirectly) posing: what do the nanobites want? Any action is based upon something one wants to achieve.
Flag
Yes, sadly. The first half of the season, though I liked the changes(especially the added humor), seemed a little choppy as a whole and this finale was oddly unsatisfying. Not as good as last year's midseason finale but then this season has things over last year's... so...
Flag
Nope.
Flag
Why was Horn on the show at all? AT ALL.

Why was the guy with the dying wife and those people on the show AT ALL? (Other than injuring Miles' hand, anyone could have done that.)

The Aaron storyline is beyond ridiq at this point, I just cannot get on board.... I am not even one who is against absurd storylines (I watch and enjoy Revenge after all....), but it's just not very good, and the nanotech stuff taking the form of a boy talking to him who then goes and then comes back and then does what he says and then just goes again against his wishes doesn't make any sense makes even less sense than that storyline itself. I can't. I tried, but I can't...

Other than that, I kind of liked the episode. Rachel and Charlie look so much alike. I assume that's why they were cast. They also act the same, meaning the same expression at all times no matter the situation. Good casting call? But I am one of those sad people who always enjoys a lovers who were "kept apart" bs, so I liked this episode for that flashback.

Highlight as usual was learning the Gus Fring's wife is dating Ted Beneke. Who knew.
More+
Flag
You're like a puppy holding a kitty...
Flag
Did anyone else noticed Charlie is talking more and more like Miles in this episode. I picked a few times in the last one but this one is full of it. Besides that I am very disappointed in Aaron for not understanding the bits and pieces of what he was expert in - Technology.

I understand Aaron's freaking-out condition but it is not like it is happening to him for the first, or second or third time. He should've show some control over himself, after all he was a fraking super genius in Google! And have been dealing all of this insane mojo for a while now.

Oh well, all for making a good story! And what's the actual agenda of those crazy family of 3? First it was about revenge, now everything is back on track of getting everything they want. What is it that they want, taking over the world?
Flag
Monroe; "Oh my god, you really have gone soft. You're like a puppy holding a kitten."
Flag
At this point i can say for sure the Nevilles are leading the interesting storyline. They weren't in the last episodes, but in this one with Tom's wife being alive and wanting to take over the state, that's appealing. Moving on to the other group, i was always disgusted with how baz was obsessed with Miles but how he suddenly didn't want anything to do with him and wanted to go into his quest to find his child just sounded weird and out of character.

I can't ever get into those charlie and her mom moments. It maybe because of charlie lack of emotions she tend to display sometimes. They try hard to make her look strong and independent but she simply can't act it. In fact, She always seem to carry the same facial expression in every episode. So, They don't really look like mother and daughter basically. And as for miles being with Rachel..zzzzzz....Aaron? i don't know what to say about that dude. I just don't care about that nano-whatever that likes turning people into fireball. I kinda wanted her Lady to survive though, but it was obvious that she wasn't going to be.
More+
Flag
Seriously... Aaron is the absolute worst at giving timely explanations for his actions or any misunderstanding that might ensue. Can't blame Kid A.I. for leaving...
Flag
Burn all the things!
Flag

Flag
And then I'll marry your son so I can call you daady!
Flag
Fingers crossed there's a photo recap of this episode . . .
Flag
Ask and you shall receive
Flag
Man this episode looked awesome, THEN people started talking and it was down hill from there.

I haven't been hating on Aaron's storyline this season, but this ep. Jebus, dude. Too stupid to live. Fuck your BIG PSYCHOTIC BREAK angst. Fuck it.

So much for the Patriots I guess? Why did we have the time waster flashbacks for Horn again?

Rachel/Miles? I find that pairing nearly as repugnant as Bass/Charlie. I'm officially out. Someone alert me once Rachel's been shot in the head in a shocking twist or Monroe has been killed and David has found work elsewhere.

Nobody can keep a coherent motivation for more than an episode. I know Bass is crazy, but his sudden, "I just helped to find my son, screw the Patriots!" What? If Bass was so baby crazy, he could of had a gaggle of children, he still could. Unless Bass is going through menopause I don't understand his problem set. Plus, *spoiler alert* I've seen the grown ass man they've cast as the Bass spawn and they're gonna fucking need Maury to determine the paternity *end spoiler alert* The whole son thing is straight mess.

The Nevilles taking over as the first family. IDGAF. Hopefully, they kill the Matheson/Monroe clan. Not!Nate can spare Charlie and marry her, I'm sure she'll forgive him.

More+
Flag
Was glad to see some flash book between Miles and Rachel.
Trying to figure out if Charlie is getting a crush.....hmmmm
Flag
If you ever wanted to know what it is like to watch a wizard dry humping a shark while jumping a school of sharks in a feeding frenzy this episode was it. It also probably put the fork in the series if you ask me.

Flag
This episode had Charloe so that alone made it great.
Flag
Follow this Show
Members