A Revolution Community
NBC (ended 2014)

Revolution S02E05: "One Riot, One Ranger"

Just a few short weeks ago, Revolution's electric start to Season 2 was one of the feel-good TV stories of the year that only something like 10 people really cared about. But thinking that the series could stave off the slowdown that plagues nearly every serialized sci-fi show on network TV was a mistake. Just like most other non-cable series, Revolution faces the strict deadlines of a relentless 22-episode season, and going into this week's "One Riot, One Ranger," Season 2 hadn't even fallen back on any standalone episodes. 

In truth, the show did start to drag a bit with last week's episode, but "One Riot, One Ranger" practically stalled out completely (although that's mostly because the first few episodes of Season 2 were that good). I realize this might be an unpopular opinion, but I didn't like this episode, especially after the high quality of Season 2 to date. The good news is that it wasn't as bad as anything we saw in Season 1; it was simply a tad on the boring side, because its main objective was to get the group back together after blowing it up in the first four episodes of the season. 

This was a necessary development. Revolution couldn't keep Miles and Charlie and Seabass and Rachel (and Aaron, I guess) apart for too long, could it? No. But it could have made their big reunion a bit more thrilling than it actually was. When I saw that "One Riot, One Ranger" was co-written by Ben Edlund, one of Supernatural's best and most demented writers and the Revolution writers' room's big get in the off-season, I was totally excited because his body of work is frickin' insane, by every definition of the word. But to be honest, Miles and Charlie's return to Willoughby was as straightforward as it could have been. 

People were like, "Monroe, you're a jerk!" And Monroe was like, "Grrrr!" And Charlie was like, "Hey, he's cool now even though not too long ago I wanted to murder him but he saved me from a gang rape." Whatever, it's definitely the right decision, story-wise, for the series to bring Monroe into the group, and Revolution's writers probably want to get it over with as quickly and as painlessly as possible. We're just gonna have to deal with jamming a square peg into a round hole for a while and accept that two arch-enemies would be willing to work together as long as there's a third enemy out there who's worse. "The enemy of my enemy is my friend" is a proven television trope, I guess. But here's a question: What does Monroe offer to the group that's worth the risk and uncertainty of bringing this psychopath into the resistance clubhouse? Because as we saw at the end of the episode, this guy is 52 cards and two Jokers and that stupid instructional card that ranks poker hands short of a full deck. In grand scheme of things, isn't he just one more pair of hands that can hold a gun? Couldn't there be a better reason for the group to take him in? Are he and Miles that good of a team that they can turn the tide of war? 

Stop it, Tim! Just accept that bringing Monroe into the group is a good thing, because for the show, it is. 

Okay, okay, on with the review. Now that we've established that the Patriots are assholes (which was done very successfully in the last two episodes), the revolution can begin in earnest and we can all start thinking of great nicknames for our resistance fighting force. The True Americans? Charlie and the Freedom Factory? The Libertarian Movement? But what can a handful of people do to an organized, well-armed, and deeply entrenched group such as the Patriots? Not a damn thing, on their own, at least. Fortunately for Miles, some Texas Rangers came horse-riding into town like cowboys, bringing a sense of authority and Deadwood to the Revolution universe. And one of the Rangers was everyone's favorite father-figure and identity-stealerJim Beaver! Miles' idea was to recruit the Rangers and their Texas-sized manpower to fight against the Patriots, but Ranger Beaver required proof that these Patriots were as terrible as Miles said they were. Unlike present-day Texans, this guy needed an actual reason to go to war. Haha! Just kidding, Texas! You guys are great. Please put the guns down. 

Finding proof was not easy! The trainyards holding Titus's war clan were all empty, and... well, that's about all the proof Miles had. But blessed be the gods of circumstance, because a skirmish between Miles, Monroe, Charlie, and a few Patriots just outside of town put one of the Patriots' high-ranking officials—the same guy who Jaime Lannister'd Miles' hand—right in Miles' mitts. His good one, at least. As Miles saw it, the prisoner would talk, Ranger Beaver would get his proof, and this rootin'-tootin' revolution could get underway with the Lone Star State in full support. But then it turned out the Patriot had a secret cyanide tooth (yup) and chose death over tattletale-ing, leaving Miles with nothing to show Ranger Beaver. 

And that's where Monroe paid instant dividends. Or more correctly, screwed everything up by doing the worst thing possible. He shot Ranger Beaver dead! His reasoning? That now all Miles had to do was frame the Patriots for the murder of the Ranger, which would get Texas on board with war. This is why bringing Monroe into the group was a bad idea that didn't make a whole lot of sense. He was with everyone for what, 15 minutes? And he shot the guy who was supposed to help them? It was bad for them, but great for us, because it kept things exciting and television-y. Monroe didn't ask anyone whether shooting the man who was supposed to save them was a good idea, he just did it. Monroe is Breaking Bad's Todd, and Ranger Beaver was that creepy tarantula-collecting kid. It's a plan that's so stupid it might just work. Move forward, plot, justification be damned!

And what was up with the big change in Neville's plot? He got selected to play security man for Secretary Allerford's wagon-ride over to Washington, and some other Patriots showed up and started shooting at them. Why? Because Allerford was morally opposed to the Patriots' use of reprogramming centers, which gave impressionable youths a bunch of acid and draped them in American flags until they followed the Patriots' cause. Allerford took a bullet, and everyone else in her group took many more, so it was just a bleeding Allerford and Neville left in the woods after a huge shootout.

This sequence of events essentially transformed Allerford into a good gal, I guess? She's a Patriot, but she's not as bad as the other Patriots? Honestly, I preferred her when she was bad. But now she's another character who we have to accept has turned sorta good, and she's going to help Neville rescue Jason from the reprogramming center. So that's where he's been! Are you guys ready to see a bloodshot-eyed Jason in a trance-like state, humming Pink Floyd and spouting nonsense about how the Patriots are good people? Because I'm not! Revolution's second season has smartly borrowed elements from other successful shows, but Falling Skies was not one of them. By the way, sweet post-apocalyptic bra, Allerford. Also, budding romance between Allerford and Neville? Or am I just being an idiot and following TV's trend of matchup up skin tones?

The real exciting part of "One Riot, One Ranger" was—*gasp*—Aaron, whose storyline has remained compelling since the Season 2 premiere. Last week he scorched two bad guys WITH HIS MIND, so naturally he was crying about it in this episode and running away from everyone. That's just what Aaron does, that sensitive sap. Of course my immediate reaction was, "Dude, chill! It just happened that ONE time." And that's when Revolution slapped me across the face and told me to shut up, then showed us a series of flashbacks that revealed this wasn't the first time Aaron had mind-flamed someone and also relayed how Aaron and Cynthia met (awwww!). See, Cynthia was married before she met Aaron. And naturally, Cynthia's husband was the worst person in the entire world because it made for easy television writing. And of course he was cheating on her with floozies in the back seats of burnt-out cars. And wouldn't you know, Aaron stumbled upon him making whoopee with one of them and the husband bullied Aaron and told him not to say anything. That's when Aaron got mad, clenched his fist, and WHOOSH set them both on fire like a pre-teen Drew Barrymore. Embrace the ability, Aaron! Become Lord of the Fireflies and rise to power! Instead, Aaron tried to run away. 

What made the first four episodes of Revolution's second season so great was the change in direction for several characters. Everyone was in a new place, and the show was resetting itself primarily on a character level. But a lot of that was missing from "One Riot, One Ranger," which focused more on setup and simple plot advancement—and even then, only budged forward a little bit. There are cool things going on with Aaron's superpowers and the Patriots, and we're still way, way, way ahead of Season 1, quality-wise, but if things go south, we can point to "One Riot, One Ranger" as the episode where it all started. Okay, now you can start throwing rotten tomatoes. *ducks*

POWER LINES

– Aaron was teaching electrical circuitry to post-blackout children in flashbacks. I'll say that again, but with different words: Aaron was teaching electricity in a world without electricity. Is it Revolution's equivalent of a Latin class?

– This show loves the "like a bad penny" metaphor, doesn't it? It was mentioned once here, and I swear we've heard it several other times in this show.

– Apparently entering and exiting Willoughby isn't very difficult anymore! Charlie made it in somehow, and Miles was coming and going as he pleased.

– I still think Revolution LOOKS a lot better than it ever did. I'm down with the darkness, even though it makes screencapping and .GIF-making almost impossible.

– I really thought Jim Beaver would be stick around for more than one episode, and I'm bummed he's already dead. This guy will not stop dying on television.

– After several great action sequences in the first four episodes, the firefight between Charlie, Miles, Monroe, and the Patriots resorted to Season 1's terrible tricks. Charlie was providing cover fire WITH A SHOTGUN against at least a half-dozen dudes, and Miles and Monroe just appeared behind guys and shot or stabbed them. Are Miles and Monroe actually teleporting ghosts?

– Tough talk and guns drawn. Miles: "Gotta love Texas." 

– +1 to that Patriot who called Ranger Beaver a dick. That was funny. In fact, the show has retained a lot of Eric Kripke's humor this season, which is a HUGE plus.

– This week in Miles-Monroe homoeroticism, from Miles: "You’re nothing but a dark pit I spent too many years trying to crawl out of. The last thing I’m going to do is let you pull me back in.”

Previously Aired Episode

AIRED ON 5/21/2014

Season 2 : Episode 22

130 Comments
Comments (130)
Submit
Sort: Latest | Popular
lol for the last bullet point
Flag
OK, who are these commentators?! Look, it's not suppose to me Homeland, there is not going to be Emmy's here. It's entertaining and this season, this episode specifically, was outstanding. From writing, even humor, to unpredictability. The Butch Cassidy bros teaming up is exactly what this show needed. Looking back at last season, with Monroe's cemetery scene, you get the tension between him and Miles, they were family, it's time to heal that. Adding Charlie, makes it all the more yummy, they're chemistry is fantastic. The actors have upped their game; especially Charlie who is not as whiny; they gave her loner persona some room for strength and it works. David Lyons, is perfect in this role and his addition, married with stronger direction, a more stream-lined story, with overall clean up, makes this one of the most entertaining shows on TV right now. It always had all this potential, which pissed me off last season; but they've gotten together, thankfully. So, that's my take.
Flag
I would've actually enjoyed this episode, if it wasn't for the Gods damned AyeAyeron (in the words of on of Key and Peele's characters). I mean, for the love of all things running on electricity! How much more of a whiney arse bitch LOOSER must a character be before even the writers who make it into such get fed up with it enough to find a way to off it for good? Because every time that pathetic snivelling pile of subhuman flesh appears on the screen--it takes every ounce of self control for me to not throw something heavy into it to just shutter it to bits so that I wouldn't have to watch and listen to the perpetual pity-party.
Flag
Alright sure season 2 is way better than season 1 but that doesn't mean it has become a good show.. Season 1 I would rate about a 2 and season 2 5ish.. for each episode more and more stupidity creeps in. The whole Aaron lord of the fireflies story just seems even more ridiculous than the premise of the show. And Bass getting accepted into the group after he killed Danny? Though it could lead to a good storyline it seems rather pointless for the group. I mean what do they really need him for?
Flag
They need him for...ratings?

Seriously, the small chatter about this show is mainly centered around who he gets to bed: Miles, Charlie, Rachel, All of the Above. I think a few people care about Rachel/Miles.

Season 1Monroe was in my opinion written irremediably. Dude lost his mind and killed everybody. What to do, what to do? His only strangely endearing and disturbing facet was his obsessive love for Miles and Miles' distress at loving him back. Rachel is getting the same treatment. Rachel is a menace, but she loves Miles and Miles guiltily loves her back.

It doesn't make sense for Monroe to be back with the group and an "ally" just as himself, desperate and repentant. I know the writers wanted to get the gang back together ASAP so as not to lose what little audience remained due to impatience, but it MAKES NO SENSE. If they had spent time showing Monroe building a rag-tag band of fighters to go up against the Patriots and then colliding with Miles' rag-tag band of fighters also fighting against the Patriots and THEN they teamed up happily/wearily to fight against a common foe THAT WOULD HAVE MADE SENSE, but as much as I enjoy/loathe Kripke's work(s), sense isn't one of his strong suits when it comes to plot points.

I'll just keep watching for the possible hatesex or passive aggressive threesome.
More +
Flag
yes that would make much more sense
Flag

"Charlie and the Freedom Factory" = best line ever, thanks Tim

I think was a good episode, not a great one, I think still a solid a episode for season 2, but Revolution prove us in the previous episodes it's the show know how to make a awesome episodes, so I hope the next one will be back to normal.

The first thing that I think was "man, this writers want to make Neville get involve with Justine" now Tim think the same and I think more people think the same, oooh! No, please don't let's this happen.
Flag
I'm not getting much of the hype people give for this season.
Okay, it's slighlty darker but still equally as dumb.

The rangers, patriots, whatever is just such a stupid concept.
They basically just said, let's replace the Monroe Militia with the newly found patriots which apperantly is a huge army that was standing by for 15 years in Cuba until Rendal would bomb the other people around.

Really? That's just so dumb. But let's just accept that for story sake, that still means we are exactly where we were in season 1.

We have a tiny group of rebels against a huge army. Nothing really changed and what's more, there is no point in even seeing a change.
Season 1 gave us the whole pendant and then the tower storyline which pretty much said "if they can get better techonlogy they might have a shot"
now how exactly are they going to have a shot?

Oh wait, that's what Aaron is all about now. He is the Generator-Rex of this show and he is their chance to do whatever to overcome the army.
So Aaron is basically the new tower replacement in the plot.

So we are *exactly* where we were in season 1 minus the stupid let's rescue Danny plot. Which is an imporvement I guess.

But instead we get Aaron, which I easily guess will turn into the Bonnie Bennet of this show making him the most powerful being around and yet somehow continue to be an easily pushed around minor character at best.

Overall the show still makes no sense what so ever.
We still have absolutely no explanation on why they abandonded the tower, why they stopped looking for the pendants (didn't Rachel say there were supposed to be 12?), what happened to Grace and the rest of those weirdos in the tower etc

This show is still asking us to just accept the fact that named characters can take out anyone in a fight which non regular characters just can't. While I might have some issue with accepting Tom, Miles and Monroe - Charlie is where I seriously draw the line.

So my guess? At this rate? The show won't make it to season 3.
More+
Flag
Actually, this show has changed a few characters drastically:

In season one they were building up Charlie to have this moral compass fate to bring Uncle Miles and the Rebellion to the right side. Now what is her role? Just to be boring?

Aaron, in season one really only had one role that is to help turn on the power and provide the much needed tech support. However, once they introduced the fact that Rachel was more than just a kidnapped house wife and the power was turned on at the end... Well, Aaron's characters only had two options: 1) die or 2) become something new? Since they took option 2 they needed to give him a new fate other then Tech Support Guy-- so now he's FIRE STARTER!

What is really interesting about the Patriots and POTUS-- is how little I think people really care about who POTUS is. I mean for being a critical part of the mystery I don't see anyone creating hypothetical scenarios about who and why this person is POTUS or claiming to be POTUS. That seems to be a big problem for the mystery. You would expect if the mystery were working correctly people would be doing just that creating hypothetical scenarios.

The show makes some sense: I mean basically it is nothing more then a simple good v. evil show with a family at the center of it. That makes sense. The actual tactics, strategies or even goals at this point, however do not make much sense. As you've pointed out it is odd that a group that could easily infiltrate the United States in the Post-Nuclear-Post-Electrical Age would need to even us Nukes at all. Why not just create insurgencies in all the Republics and pick up the pieces later? The writing is well, focused at all at this point, as to what or why Patriots are doing what they are doing. And in that respect the show is exactly the same as what happened to the Monroe Republic!

Overall I agree with most of your points. Except for those I've noted above.
More +
Flag
I actually really enjoyed this episode. I was okay with things slowing down a bit- it made room for all the AWKWARD! I'm loving Miles and all his snark, eye-rolling and exasperated sighing. I hope they keep the humor up ("Gotta love Texas.").

Neville: I'm thinking he's not 'going to be' the next super villain- he already is one. Not unlike Rachel, it seems he is willing to do anything to get vengeance for Julia- while sacrificing his living, breathing son, his family, for his dead wife.

But is Julia really dead? If anyone from last season would be believable as a Patriot implant, I'd give her the award. Remember that scene where Miles holds a sword to her neck and she tells him she's not some hysterical beg-for-my-life type? She also seemed like 'the woman behind the man'- being the more adroit politician and her desire for power being so palpable. How weird would it be for Tom to climb the Patriot ladder only to find Jason has reunited with his mother and has been brainwashed into the Patriot fold?

Of course, good boy Jason could also become a very bad guy after having been abandoned by his father in a reeducation facility but he'd need a leg up in the Patriots organization.

Tom and Allerford: I like their dynamic- both obviously hold no illusion of trust. I'm still a little paranoid. Could the scene with Allerford be another Patriot test? Are they vetting Tom for a higher calling? Did he admit to working against the Patriots? I don't think he did. I wouldn't put it past the Patriots to kill off a bunch of their own people to feel out Neville (they had no compunction about killing members of the Andover clan they were keeping prisoner, not to mention some guy from Willoughby who went outside the walls). Allerford could also be his ticket in- he could turn her over to the Patriots in exchange for cred. I don't think this relationship is going to be anything but two people trying to manipulate one another(but a great vehicle for machinations against the Patriots).

Even as I wrote the previous sentence I just kept thinking maybe Julia is alive and well. Were it to happen that Tom finds her and reunites with her and she is, indeed, a Patriot, Tom would likely join her. He would be putting himself, once again, on the opposite side of the conflict as our merry band of heroes(and villain). Again this might be another route for Neville to ascend the Throne of Evil thus relieving some pressure on Monroe to be the absolutely most irredeemable antagonist, EVER.

Rachel: Then again, maybe Monroe isn't the biggest bad after all... Rachel is all cracked out and she did, essentially, kill way, way more people than Monroe and Miles put together. She seems to be on an even longer crazy train than Monroe. Monroe, at least, does what he does for Miles(granted his execution (pun intended) is not always expected). Rachel, OTOH, does what she does selfishly and, so sorry, pretty much all of her selfish campaigns have backfired. She's proven herself cold, calculating and willing to go to extremes for self-preservation. She's walked past numerous 'emergency exits' in the show but keeps on struggling through.

Gene: Anyone getting Patriot-like vibes off of him? At first I thought it was just parental concern but something doesn't ring true there. Maybe I'm just getting super paranoid.

The reunion of Miles and Monroe was *perfect*. I think the writer's are doing a good job of teasing the Miles/Monroe and Charlie/Monroe shipper fan factions out there. I don't know that any of it will(or should) come to fruition but it doesn't really have to, right?

I get how the sort of nebulous bromance/obsession between Miles/Monroe goes beyond our usual expectation (and I have to wonder- because there is some chemistry between Miles/Monroe, Rachel/Monroe, Charlie/Monroe- if you couldn't put a cardboard cut-out in the room with Monroe and he'd have chemistry with it- many fascist dictators start out with crazy high charisma), but Miles and Charlie? No. Hell. to. the. no. Miles has pretty much taken on the role of father to the group, as evidenced by his ever increasing lack of patience while babysitting the lot of them ("Get upstairs!", Rachel's over-the-top pouting and stamping up the stairs). Also, Miles (quit having emotions near me) Matheson seems to have really cemented an emotional bond with Charlie. It definitely feels paternal, esp. with her having struck out on her own. She got dumped out of the nest but Miles was a big part of educating her on how to take care of herself. They may not have power but it doesn't appear that society has degraded to the point of incestuous-uncle-ness being okay. M'kay?

I *loves* that everyone assumes that Monroe must have done something to Charlie to mess her up enough to bring him back with her. The rub being that Rachel tears her a new one over it when the only reason she brought Monroe was to help her mom. Honestly, I agree that as much of a wild card as Monroe is, he definitely gets the job done when no one else will do the dirty.

I liked the fight scene and since I don't spent too much time hanging out in an alternate, post-apocalyptic universe where there is no power and people fight each other with swords, I do not feel uniquely qualified to judge tactical feasibility. I think the take-away from that scene was pretty simple: Miles, Monroe and Charlie (to a slightly lesser degree) are pretty badass together.

The writers have really developed Miles and Monroe- with their backstory it is difficult to avoid understanding why Miles has had difficulty pulling the trigger on Monroe. I love how they go back and forth and you have to hand it to Monroe- he might be a killer("one of the great ones" if we harken back to Maggie) but at least he is pretty damned predictable (even in terms of his own unpredictability).

Monroe has been hyper-obsessive in trying to do everything to prove himself to Miles and I wonder if that baton is going to be shared with Charlie. It seems like, after all, he's taking his promise last season to protect Charlie pretty seriously. Given how he tried to please Miles, I could see him transferring this onto Charlie. The thing is that Monroe is a monkey's paw- after all, Miles was really concerned about getting proof for Texas and in the end, Monroe is going to be the one to provide the impetus to get Texas to put a dog in the fight. It's like wishing for a car and then ending up getting your grown child's brand new car after said child got dead somehow.

Clearly, Monroe's moral compass is either severely compromised or just plain broke. We did see (and continue to see) Miles trying to redeem his past with Charlie acting as his Jiminy Cricket. Who will be Monroe's conscience? His problem isn't the endgame, it's the means to that end. The final scene ends on a moment where everyone is in the eye of the hurricane, Monroe killed Bobby, Fry.

Bobby always gets killed!! I was hoping he'd get to stick around. Alas, no. Unless, of course, they commiserate with Supernatural where nobody stays dead for long. I'm not surprised, though. Both Lost and Supernatural were/are really great at killing characters off without prejudice. Granted, they seem to get to come back often on Supernatural but that's okay because there is a precedent for it in that universe.

Aaron/Cynthia: I totally agree on the Cynthia front. Can Monroe please shoot her, too? The whole 'you are the chosen one' routine that she keeps going through with Aaron is really irritating. We got it, girl, you think he's the second coming- now can we move on and figure out what the hell is actually going on? Aaron needs to stop losing his shit. He's pretty consistently been the man of science and persons of science tend to be rational... and at least he has a reasonable explanation for his new 'powers' and a place to start finding out the 'why?' rather than the 'what?'.

Oh, and could Cynthia's husband be any more of a cliche? I did like the moment in one of the flashbacks where Cynthia basically calls Aaron a creeper. Aaron has evolved since we first met him(and not in just some mystical-nanite-interfacing kinda way)- he actually has started to take some initiative. I think that side of him is there(otherwise, why would he have followed Charlie and Maggie in the first place?)- so he has some potential.

I'm excited to see where things go. Holy crap! I clearly have no life. Okay, actually I have a serious case of insomnia (that's my excuse and I'm stickin' to it). I'm waiting in nervous anticipation for next week- I hope things don't get all screwed up by going over-the-top with executing Monroe. I can't wrap my head around them actually killing him off. David Lyons is probably one of the biggest assets this show has- it has gotten so much better since his storyline has converged with Charlie's and then the larger group. They'd be cutting the legs off the horse if they killed him, but, hey, bad decision happen every day. Just ask Rachel. :)

More+
Flag
I guess now we wait for Neville to catch up with the group and telling them about the programming centers.
Then the journey starts to those centers and they'll free some folks.
Flag
It was okay but I think I will reserve opinion until next episode because it seems to me this was a chess moving episode. I will accept if we quickly move forward like not too much of a road trip to reprogramming camp and lets resolve the death penalty thing in like a half hour. Rachel you were super annoying again. I am going to be siding with Charlie however bratty she is being.
Flag
THIS! With Charlie's conversion from whiny, wide-eyed idealism, she'd have to work pretty hard to be anywhere as annoying as she was in season 1. Rachel, though, whew! I'm with Miles, can we please back off the crazy? She isn't complicated, she is batshit cray-cray. She just can't seem to stop making bad decisions (the decisions often seem to turn out bad for people at large but based on her own wants/needs). And how crappy a mom is she that she is willing to alienate her very-much-alive-and-well daughter for the sake of her long-cold-and-dead son? I guess some might feel they gotta respect someone willing to burn the world down to get what she wants.
Flag
Yeah I thought we were going to move past some stuff last week when she seemed to acknowledge her single minded craziness but then..well I guess I can't wait for Charlie to pull the Maggie card the woman who actuallyserved as her mother when Rachel decided to ditchher family.
Flag
Apologies for the rant. I forgot most of you are more professional, successful writers than Kripke I mean considering you all think they should have written differently all the way back into season 1, but that's why you still continue to watch it though right? Because its not entertaining

Flag
In my opinion (key word opinion), the majority are nothing but a bunch of whiney jerks who think they can come up with better material...yet probably make no more than $40,000 a year. (If you're wondering what income has to do with anything I am merely basing it off someones intelligence level capable of getting them far enough in life to acquire a certain amount of currency to live off of.)

As for the reviewer Tim, he has many good points I fully agree with considering I myself did not find the episode very entertaining. But why do we watch TV series? To enjoy the full story of the series/season from beginning to end. Otherwise, we would just sit down and watch a 1 hour and 45 minute film, enjoy it (or not) and move onxfva
Now taking into considering they are writing a 22 episode season, are you all seriously that selfish that you want a minimum of 22 hours of pure excellent entertainment that hasn't a single flaw, slow point, or mess up once and a while?

So many things some of the commentators said have me shaking my head that I may get a little mixed up through frustration here so forgive me if I start to trail off.

First off, no one said the word "super power". Everyone knows about the nanites and their capability as they first mention it in the first season when they said they could kill anyone with the flip of the switch. This is what the show is about, loss of electricity because of the nanites in which they developed. Now dont get me wrong I do feel as though the setting guys on fire with his mind is a little over the top, but its not like hes Milla jovovich from Resident Evil walking around setting EVERYTHING she wants on fire like shes using hax or some shit). This is where I like to think that yes they are close to going overboard with that topic but they haven't yet so why not ease off until they do in fact go over the top. Because fact is, this is sci fi show.

Second: To anyone commenting negatively towards the ambush scene without any prior military (specifically Infantry) experience, shut the hell up.
There were 3 vs an unknown amount. They were under fire and had no other options to A) Retreat B) Stay where they were with a shotgun and hope they didnt suround them and kill them.
I understand this is a TV show, but thats all it is...a TV show.
"omg she used a shotgun for cover fire? what an idiot" - Yeah, well....thats all they had. Better than rocks.
"there were no bullets hitting the barn or anywhere near them" - Again, only a shotgun. Odds are she had bird shot in which case would leave smaller impact areas being less noticeable and not to mention concentrated in certain grouping. The whole point of her shooting what ammo she did have was so they could flank. They had ammo because theyre "The US Government". OF COURSE THEY STOCKPILED AMMO
People complaining about Charlie covering them with a shotgun while Monroe and Miles flanked them (which by the way for anyone lacking proper military experience is one of the most efficient ways of taking out an enemy force when ambushed) should probably email Kripke saying it would have been more "realistic" (which is what everyone seems to want out of a SCI FI show) if either they somehow attacked head on an won, retreated and were capable of fleeing a larger, better armed force effectively without being wounded. I mean that sounds more realistic right? smarter anyways. /sarcasm

As someone else said, they said open the gates stop the patrols. Sometimes I like to think people like to just stop listening so they later can be confused and justify being confused.

A big group hug? There were zero pleasantries within this regathering of acquaintances, which does happen in real life by the way.

One commentor asked how many more arrogant characters we have to deal with as it is not Game of Thrones. Now i have not watched that show (yet) but you must realize this show takes place in a world without electricity where they once did. Being polite and giving probably wont help a whole lot with many things. Also. isnt Game of Thrones Midievil times? a time frame with zero electricity? Sounds a little similar to me...so similar I could understand why there may be a similiarty in certain characyer attitude.

Charlie raises her eyebrows too much? Cheese brah, goes with the whine.

The average american watches 34 hours of television per week says Nielsen Research. If you were to break down the cost of television per episode they watch to how much they pay monthly for their tv service (internet too?) Its not much more than a dollar per episode. Realistically probably closer to 50 cents per episode. So yeah, keep complaining about the last hour of entertainment you decided to sit down and watch for 50 measly cents because Im sure you're contributing so much to the public in means of public entertainment.

The next time a new series hits the air, I hope they make every episode non stop action and forward momentum in storyline that the writers get caught up in themselves and ruin the show so all of you can be disappointed all over again..just to think "I really wish they would have slowed down for an episode here or there to regroup the storyline for the remaining 17 episodes so they didnt get caught up in themselves like the show LOST and ruin everything)
More+
Flag
Watch your dangly bits! You might get kicked in the preposition. :)

I agree that they are getting close to the line on the whole Aaron-Lord-of-the-Nanites thing. As a once-avid-Lost-viewer, it makes me a little uneasy because though I loved Lost up to the last season, I felt like they put the viewer in a revolving door and left them there with nobody being able to figure out what the hell was going on.

Season one had alot of 'non-stop action' but it amounted to a whole lot of purposeless, non-plot-developing, running around. I think slowing things down and actually developing the storyline is a smart move, given that I'd be sad if this series went away. I think the writers have their work cut out for them in writing a path through this without destroying viewer's suspension of disbelief.
Flag
For once they did something right giving Ahron super powers
put something intresting to see on this show beside Charlie getting ppunched in the face :)
Flag
Yay, The gang is back together, and now has Bass to help out too! Remember Southbend, yeah that will work! What a great time was had by all, and Charlie didn't even get hit in the face once. Neville is in love and can't wait to see Jason at the big bad Patroits reprogramming center to tell him about his new mom. I just can't wait till next freakin' week to see how all this turns out, and see a big group hug when it all works out, like the big master plan always does on this show. Bass: "This is what you wanted, Texas is gonna go nuts", WOW! Remember the Alamo !, yikes, I mean Remember Southbend !
Flag
Wait...what?!?!? Who the hell are you and what have you done with the REAL Tim Surette?!?!?

"...mostly because the first few episodes of Season 2 were that good"
"...an unpopular opinion, but I didn't like this episode"
"...it wasn't as bad as anything we saw in Season 1; it was simply a tad on the boring side"
"Revolution's writers probably want to get it over with as quickly and as painlessly as possible. We're just gonna have to deal with jamming a square peg into a round hole for a while and accept that two arch-enemies would be willing to work together"
"It's a plan that's so stupid it might just work"
"...she's another character who we have to accept has turned sorta good"
"The real exciting part was Aaron, whose storyline has remained compelling since the Season 2 premiere"

WTF Surette? Since when is just accepting lazy writing something that you'll endorse? Damn near aplogizing for not liking an episode because it MAY be unpopular? When did mediocrity become the standard of excellence?

If Ben Edlund is such a badass, then isn't an episode like this where he should shine? This was season 1 level garbage from top to bottom and I stand by the belief that the first 4 episodes in fact were not "that good" or even close to "great". If we take your advice and forget that season 1 ever happened and just judge season 2 on it's own...it's, at best, not horrible. But to qualify as "great", you have to throw in the caveat of using the deplorable season 1 as a measuring stick. It's like saying that Tom Cruise is pretty tall...when he's standing next to Peter Dinklage.

I can't believe you're buying what Revolution is putting down with regard to Aaron and this absurd super power...so much so that I can't even comment on it because the thought of you falling hook, line and sinker for this story arc makes my heart hurt.

So you will stand there, sir, and take the rotten tomatoes. Not because you think you might upset the masses, but because maybe one of those tomato strikes will bring shake off the Patriots like reprogramming that you've apparently been subjected to. "Snap out of it, Surette! Snap out of it!"
More+
Flag
Yeah, agreed. This review was very "un-Tim like.."Furthermore, episode was very Season One-ish.
-Hundred bullets fired, no one could hit the side of barn.
-Monroe, Allerford, Neville...how many obnoxious characters are we supposed to tolerate? Revolution is NOT Game of Thrones, and these idjits are NOT Walter White...
-Not sure how I feel about Aaron having X-Men superpowers yet...
-Also, the Patriots "secret" symbol being on every folder is a little dumb. I know what the show is trying to achieve, but that's just lazy writing.
Flag
Mediocrity--has been the standard for excellence ever since Spielberg and Lucas introduced the world the concept of the Big Box Office Block Buster in the mid 1970's. Their acolytes (e.g. Chris Columbus, Michael Bay, J.J. Abrams and so and so forth) have all attempted to repeat one thing-- bigger and bigger profits-- from essentially pointless films that say nothing and do nothing for film as art. That is the problem with American Cinema it is purely a commodity.

As for Tim's reviews-- I find most of them amusing at best. However, lately it seems that Tim has been co-opted into the "bold new direction camp" and in doing so he's totally ignored all the errors in season two. Especially things he loves to mock in other shows like personal relationships that make no sense i.e. Rachel and Miles or scenes where characters appear out of thin air to save the day Monroe and Charlie in the last three episode. Or where big plans are so vague and so convoluted they can only exist by the thread of a supernatural explanation-- i.e. how the Patriots have some how moved across the remnants of the post-post electrical US map with no other means then late 18th and early 19th century technology! But, hey I find his reviews less gushing then ones on Spoiler.Tv...

I think the reason why people like Aaron the Firestarter is only because it fits into the perceived notion that all Kripke and Abrams production have to have some fundamentally whacked out core mystery! Personally, I think they've gone to this well so often that it is dry. My theory seems to be correct since the ratings are going down each well tends to support many viewers are not buying into the new and bold direction of S2! However, popularity doesn't tell us anything about quality. It only tells us that popular opinion is that basically Revolution is still not winning the hearts and minds of its audience. If it makes it to season 3-- what will the newest and boldest direction be I wonder? Perhaps, more MAGIC? Look at how well that worked for Fringe or Alactraz?
More +
Flag
Was I only one that noticed Miles' alias? Anyone else?
Flag
He's been using it since season 1. Charlie's alias was Frannie. The show has used the The Tower and Randall, too. Unless King is a friend, Kripke should expect a lawsuit at some point.
Flag
I don't remember him using it in season 1. Guess I wasn't paying that much attention. I don't think King would sue. He doesn't seem to be that kind of guy. And God knows, he doesn't need the money... lol
Flag
Lol, Kripke can call it a homage and hope for the best.

Someone on another board mentioned that Rachel shouted out MILES in public AGAIN this episode and supposedly to Aaron's potato-faced GF. I only watched the episode once (and live!), so I dunno.

Rachael is the worst, so I believe it. Alias or no, Miles is screwed. They should totally be executing Rachael alongside Monroe next episode, just for sheer stupidity alone.
Flag
None of them are very discreet. Pretty much all of them are wanted yet they have no problem running around town causing trouble. Yep the characters on this show weren't written with an abundance of brain power... lol
Flag
Wow. Tim has been insanely generous. I think his bosses had a talk with him during Revolution's hiatus.

Anyway, here's a drinking game for yas!

DRINK!...

1) …any time someone says something to make an opposing character stop, then turn around.

2) …any time Charlie raises an eyebrow (including, for no reason).

3) …when someone is talked down from killing someone because they "need them" for something that could have been done on their own.

4) …when someone has perfect hair, regardless of the overall inability to maintain it.

5) …when bullets are fired in volleys despite low inventory.

6) …when people act wooden.

And I'll admit, I added a drinking stipulation for myself when Miles and Monroe enacted a plan based on "South Bend" (or whatever) -- which was obviously used as a literary tool to enhance the empty back story between the two adversaries, when all it really did was prove that what happened at South Bend, was Miles and Monroe killed people at random.

How anyone could say this show has improved, makes my brain parts tingle funny. I'll admit that it doesn't suck as much. And hey! I'd love for this show to blow my mind and become objectively good television. But for the time being, sucking less is still sucking.

More+
Flag
LOL if I participated in this drinking game I'd die of alcohol poisoning.

I'd also add: when everyone in a group of people are killed (either by knives or guns) EXCEPT a main character.
Flag
The patriots said to stop the patrols while the Texas Rangers were in town, that's why it was so easy to move about.
Flag
Bobby was in this episode!! Love bobby from Supernatural! Couldn't believe he got shot...!! after all that trouble to get the guy...loved how miles and monroe workted together to take out the guys...
Aaron...what is going on with him...is he becoming supernatural????

Flag
creater of supernatural and revolution brings us the awesomeness of experiencing the loss of bobby over and over again....the hurt!
Flag
So true. We get Bobby, we get happy. Then, they take Bobby, we get sad. Over and over and over again. Can I please go to the alt universe where Bobby doesn't die on every freakin' show?
Flag
Who's Bobby? Bobby Fisher perhaps?
Flag
Bobby was Jim Beaver's (the texas ranger) character name on Supernatural.
Flag
I liked the episode! The reunion was fine to me. Batshit cray Monroe resurfaced when he killed Walker Texas Ranger (I felt like he seemed relatively sane this season before this point) for basically no reason. Idk how to feel about The Lord of the Fireflies storyline. I wonder if Aaron will go mad with power and try to set everyone on fire? That seems like it'd be Chronicle meets Revolution and then I'd hate it so scratch that idea lol however next week has the potential to be the best one yet if it's done right! Looking forward to it!
Flag
Jim Beaver will always be Bobby to me and I'm tired of seeing him die all the time, too. Let Bobby live!
Flag
OK SO< the guy that wrote this review, kinda sucks at reviewing! BY FAR the best episode of the Revolution series. The chem b/t the current group is so entertaining, you were like routing for Monro, Charlie, and Miles some football game. Writing was kicked up and even given some humor, that just added to the vibe. And Monroe's final scene was, a shocker, which is HUGE, cause this show was working with so much potential last season but never left u like that. Including the gin scene, b/t Rachael and Charlie, was fantastic, the angst, and character development is accelerating; well done. Become one of my favs. Good work team. Meanwhile, this reviewer needs some tweeking.
Flag
Try this review out: Review
Flag
This comment has been removed.
Flag
Flag
Flag
I agree Tim sort of sucks at reviewing he was bad at reviewing supernatural too...then they gave supernatural to a woman who hates cas.....the indignity
Flag
Whenever we see the town wall or they close the "gate" into Willoby; I wonder about all the OTHER SIDES of the town. Reminds me of an old Xena set, where you only ever see the town from the "front."

*insert petulant whining here*
Can't someone, ANYONE, else mind-meld with the fireflies? I am so sick of Google Guy.
Flag
I can't believe they wasted Jim Beaver. I was excited when I saw him and was hoping he would stick around for awhile. It sucks they had to get rid of him this early.
Did anyone else pick up on Miles' alias: Stu Redman? The Stand anyone? lol
Oh and I still hate Aaron... lol
Flag
first off, did any1 notice the "one riot, one ranger" quote was taken from John Flanagans Rangers apprentice book series or am i the only one.
secondly i thought the episode was good, though I mourn the loss of Jim Beaver on yet another tv show and so soon as well.
Aaron's weird connection to the nanites and firestarter tendencies are a little out there (maybe they are programmed to protect certain people, esp. as a matheson helped design their coding and Aaron is their "father") and should be resolved quickly. we can't have him being all super and watnot by relying on their interference.
as for Monroe, i'm all for the redeeming villian-turned-antihero line as him and Miles are like the wonder twins, no 1 can stop them when their together.
Flag
Revolution Rocking The Nation... With a 1.4 demo rating and 5.04 million people watching it. I'm thinking it has to go up in the numbers to stay around. I think a healthy 2.0 demo rating and 6.0-6.37 million viewers would save it.
Flag
Am I the only one who isn't liking Aaron's superpower storyline? It just feels out of place. Look, all you have to do is take a look at my Favorites to see that I have no problem with superpowers/supernatural/magical things, and I get that there is probably a (fake) scientific explanation to what's going on with him, but, I don't know. Revolution has been so great this season because it's all dark and gritty and real, and him having visions and setting people on fire and coming back to life just doesn't seem to fit.

Anyhow, I loved this episode - I didn't know Edlund wrote it, but now that I do, that explains why. Badass Texan Jim Beaver was awesome; I just wish they hadn't killed him off so soon! The dialogue was witty and fun, just as I can expect from Edlund, and I personally liked the reunion scenes for Charlie and Monroe.

Also - I hate to say this but - Rachel is sometimes just the worst person ever. I know everyone really likes her, and I didn't watch the second half of Season 1, so maybe she had some cool moments, but - I mean, I find her an interesting character, but it's really hard to like her. The way she reacted to Charlie bringing Monroe was horrible, I don't care how much she hates the guy. I don't know, her little hissy fit just pissed me off, I guess, especially since Miles was needing them to push their shit aside and work with him for the moment.
More+
Flag
Aaron SUCKS!!
Flag
You are not alone. Aaron is The. Worst.
Flag
I loath Aaron the fire starter completely.
Flag
This episode was so poor that being just terrible would be a step in the correct direction for next week... I vote that next week Monroe pulls a Flash Gordon and is spirited away on a rocket ship to a tree world with a snotty Englishman planing low grade Robin Hood!
http://revolutiontvshow.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=918#.UmmUMCThGes
Flag
Oh, the scene between Miles and Monroe, gazing deeply into each other's eyes, the tension was palpable, scintillating! Who else totally thought they were going to lock lips, all angry and agro, Brian Kinney style? Come on, you know you did. Those two have more chemistry than all the rest of the cast combined, it is delicious.

So Jason Neville is in a reprogramming camp. Does this mean he will come out of the experience with a personality, a mind of his own and a set of balls? Just saying.

Oh Aaron, finally something cool happens to you to give you a reason for existing and you are making it a miserable existential crisis. Boo sir, just boo.

Miles: "Gotta love Texas." Amen.
Flag
Miles: You'll never drag me back to hell, Monroe!
Monroe: *makes eat you up noise*
Me: LOL!

Also, Miles is so mad, he can't help standing less than an arms-lengths away from Monroe at all times. Ridiculous.

Aww, I'm kinda digging Aaron this season. He's the normal guy. The guy that never expected to ever cause harm or take a life or be without his three boats. He was dragged into this mess by someone stealing his code and raining holy hell down on the world. He was "befriended" by a guy that intended to use him to correct the problem or something else. He was sent on a quest to protect his "niece" and protect some special object. He was cajoled into turning on the power and became complicit in killing a whole bunch of people. I think we've all got Stockholm Syndrome from hanging out with characters that are complete murderous a-holes and find anyone not gleefully taking to Killz-you-wif-my-mindz power with aplomb.

Realistically, Aaron would be dead in a world of cutthroats. I'm glad he's King of the Fireflies. Can you imagine if Rachael, Miles, MONROE, or even Charlie, with her tantrums had the power to light things up with their minds? Pandas would be catching fire half-way across the world.
More +
Flag
The show needs more of this sort of action:

and less of Teenage Angst from Charlie about her mama...
Flag
maybe, but I have a feeling we'll get something like this instead
or this

Flag
Well those scenes are really more in line with Kripke's epic fall nature. However, the show needs to get more realistic and fast! Especially with simple ambushes.
Flag
Flag
Hell, even Downton Abbey did better in WWI then Revolution has been doing.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L1nQOP7TKDU
Flag
Flag
Miles&Monroe or Reese&Shaw - The funny and The cold murder
It makes good TV and it´s entertaining to watch. I liked this episode with all the family getting together under the stars ;)
Flag
Well, one thing didn't change. Revolution's bad guys are still incredibly bad at ambushs.
Flag
I think it is because they never bring enough fire power!
The should go vintage pull out a MG-08!
Flag
Well, I guess it's consistent with Monroe's character to shoot the guy just like that - I don't see Miles doing that anyways. Still don't know if these looks between them at the end means that they are all accepting what he just did as something that needed to be done or more like "this is what you get for not killing Monroe and make him your ally"...
Flag
I thought that was so like Monroe to go and do a dumb yet also smart thing like that. Or perhaps I should say, morally questionable yet smart thing lol.
Flag
Whenever Miles and Monroe meet there's always that uncomfortable and awkward feeling floating around, but it has more to do with Monroe. Whatever he says sound creepy, and makes me wonder why is this guy still alive. Why didn't miles, Rachel kill the dude at first sight. Oh well, The episode was still great though.
Flag
Why season one wasn't like this one,i can't get enough of it!
Flag
The Revolution begins. This is the best episode of the second season so far (and probably one of the best episode of the show!). Great writing/punchlines thanks to Ben Edlund. Damn it's official i love this show.
Please NBC don't screwed up with this. This is the Eric Kripke's we hoped for.
Flag
While I agree it's miles (ha ha) ahead of season one, I still can't call this a really good show. It's entertaining, yes, but it's not at the level of quality Supernatural (yes, you gotta compare Kripke to Kripke in this case) had. The cast alone...
Flag
I hope they burn Bobbys body or he'll come back as vengeful ghost :-)
Flag
"Now all we have to do is frame the patriots for this". That's a well thought out plan Bass. Maybe, figure that part out before shooting the guy in the back?

Miles+Bass=best chemistry on the show. In a slight play on the immortal words of Harvey Keitel's Mr. White, "let's go ahead and start sucking each others dicks right now." Basiles forever!
Flag
Miles/Bas=Miloe. Such an adorable shipping name for a pair of dead-eyed murders. Thanks Tumblr!

Flag
Yay yay yay...Bobby!
Flag
I kinda liked the episode. The stories had some development and most of the players are together now. That will give them more opportunity to interact. I have high hopes for the Monroe - Miles relation. Curious to see where the bro-pack is taking them.

Flag
Best converstaion piece of the evening:

Rachel: You know that guy, Miles?
Miles: Back when Texas and the Monroe republic were squabbeling, I sort of tried to kill him.
Rachel: Oh.......Good
Flag
Baz and Miles working together was AWESOME!
Flag
People who find positives in this show are readily filled by the shallow, ill-conceived "substances" of lazy writing. In this aspect, Revolution succeeds with few stumbles.
Flag
Question: Why do you watch this show if it is so very sucky? Not to mention take the time you read the review. And if that wasn't enough, make comments. Then go back and resond to comments! For someone who does not apparently like this show, YOU'VE COMMITED AN AWFUL LOT OF TIME TO IT!
Flag
Noooooot really. It doesn't take long to comment on a review. And, unless English is your third language, reading can be done quickly. Add in the specific time used, for example I'm on break at work, so it really doesn't hurt. Regardless, hate-watching is a fairly common activity when so much on tv is terrible. It's like watching a train wreck. Sorry not everything is kumbaya.
Flag
Everything on tv is terrible? why do you watch it? whine whine whine
Flag
Observation: In a world where reality TV is the fast food chain of the food culture, shows like Revolution are the Denny's and Ihops.

Argument: People who eat fast food have difficulty digesting the crap they're shoveling in. This is only marginally less so when applied to Denny's and Ihop.

Example:

Me - "when so much on tv is terrible."

Jablesb - "Everything on tv is terrible?"
Flag
Oh, look. A troll! Sooooo cute! Here little troll. Here boy! I've got some bread crumbs for ya. That's a good wittle troll. Yesh you are. Yesh you are, Trolly. I'll call you Trolly and we'll play catch and have so much fun together!
Flag
Oh!!! I get it. I can only voice an opinion if I like a show. Otherwise, the show's brilliant viewership resorts to childish name-calling.
Flag
"Otherwise, the show's brilliant viewership resorts to childish name-calling."

"People who find positives in this show are readily filled by the shallow, ill-conceived "substances" of lazy writing."

Pot. Kettle.

Your opinion that the show is shallow, lazy and ill-conceived is one thing. It's an opinion and you're welcome to it.

However, the position of your opinion no longer simply takes a jab at the show, but rather at its audience, made up of people you know nothing about.

Either you didn't think your words through, or you're a troll. The presence of decent vocabulary and perfect grammar suggests you are capable of higher level thinking. Therefore, troll.

I'd have opened up with this more "adult" version of a reply, but you're trolling, so you get called out on it. Accept your place in this world, mighty troll, and move on to the next battlefield.
Flag
I don't see me moving on any time soon. If I'm welcome to my opinions, as you've so graciously allowed, then I should also be allowed to say that those who find the positives in a show with glaring faults (faults stated ad nauseam in almost every previous episode review's comment section), are more ready to accept lazy writing than others. I continue to only see observation here, and not the insult you drew from it. Which, hey...you're welcome to do!

Fact is, Revolution has faults. And while you're more than free to express whatever degree of admiration for it, it does society no good not to point out flaws. Otherwise, we're all just stroking each other's egos and no one's learning anything. I'll agree that comment under scrutiny was vague, straight forward, and biting, but it wasn't the proper review for the episode, either. I have a full comment for that thread when it's posted. :-) I expect to make a lot of old friends again!

Speaking of which, where did Mac run off to!?
Flag
Well, but your opinion wasn't only a criticism on the show, but a criticism on the viewers. It didn't really bother me, but if you insult someone, be prepared for an insult back.
Flag
I'm always prepared. I don't believe it was an insult to the viewers. Rather an observation of their expectations ;-) if they want to be insulted by it, that's on them. But this community has had it's fair share of hate-watchers. It's fun!
Flag
This season is so much better but the Aaron superpower plot is asinine. It feels like they needed something for him to do this season and they gave him a power.
Flag
Yeah, I have had no interest in Aaron's storytelling and don't find it compelling at all. I already wasn't very interested in his character, and now they throw wacky superpowers at him... I just hate it. It feels out of place with the rest of the show.
Flag
now that's how you get your swagger back... i was waiting for this episode because for me it was the defining one. And yes it was amazing

Myles and Bes played the bad breakup couple really well in this episode. I'll love to see them work together more often this season.

Charlie is hot as ever and has become a real woman now, able to make her decision's stick with them and fight for them

As For "Super Nano" (Aaron), if they play their cards right, he may just be the wild card of this season. There's so much they can do with the super powers...

Sir Neville and his 9 lives... The show better does something good with him because i feel his scenes always slow down each episode.

Overall.. Awesome
Flag
If Aaron really worked on controlling his powers he probably could wipe out the threat of the "Patriots" with his mind. OOPS, but what would everyone else do if they could not plot their revolution? I wonder if he can visualize anyone else besides Miles? Charlie's character has improved greatly over last season. Just about everyone it seems wants to kill Monroe. I miss Bobby on Supernatural. The idjuts killed Bobby again.
Flag
Ireally do like Charlie's improvement this season - looks like she really hit the gym in the offseason and the writing has definitely made much less of a dumbass
Flag
Sooo...we're really gonna go with the whole Aaron has some nano-tech fueled firefly telekinetic astral projection theory, huh? Balls!

Apparently, he's also got the ability to so see Miles, Monroe and Charlie in some random building, know exactly where it is and exactly how to get their in record time. A slightly more impressive skill than Tom being able to remove a bullet from a high caliber assault rifle with a 2" pocket knife.

As expected, when aiming at anybody in the title credits, the Patriots are no better than the Monroe Militia...clumsy, stupid and the worst shots ever.

And speaking of the Patriots competency, how exactly did they determine at the start of the show that no accelerants were used on their two crispy buddies? They send their clothing to the trace evidence lab and run some tests?

Welcome back Bobby! But be glad you're dead, cause this is the same ol' Revolution that set a new standard for absurd...the "under new management" changes nothing. Let's just officially re-route this series back to the crazy town track in was on cause having fun at it's ridiculous expense is way more interesting than trying to take it seriously.
More+
Flag
Would you like it better if Aaron found out he had the power of the glow?

Myself, the best part of the nanobots-- is when Rachel says they aren't networked... Then what was the point of going to the Tower to turn off the nanobots? I mean if that isn't a networked system what is?

The Patriots also suffer from Cooper's problems with stepping on the dry twigs at the worst moments. They also seem to have a bunch of people who don't even know how to hold a gun so that could be a reason they missed.

Don't you know they have a guy with a super sense of smell and he couldn't smell any accelerants on the corpses so of course they clean. Personally, I like the idea of Miles running around with a flamethrower myself.

What can I say I want more realism...

The worst part of the show was when they brought in John F. Fries... He should have showed up with a battalion and big fire fight should have ensued. I mean really why is it that every time they talk about not wanting to meet some one or some group is tough they always do the most asinine things? I wanted to see Texas declare war on the Patriots and push them out in a show of force! After all they are the 800lb Gorilla in a Stetson?
More +
Flag
The Secretary of Nunya Bidness shoot-out was...first season ridiculous. She stayed as high as possible in that gunfight instead of hitting the ground and rolling under the wagon and crawling away if the opportunity presented itself. No one heard that approaching wagon before it appeared around the bend was preposterous.

And while I cheered Neville's pragmatism in leaving the wounded horse he hitched his wagon too, the removing the bullet the length of your index finger that at that range would have probably exited her in a most gruesome way scene made me roll my eyes.

I'm happy to keep pretty Sec. Nunya for awhile, though her being a Patriot with a heart of gold is some wack business when you got dudes blowing their brains out and taking cyanide (CYANIDE, really) pills for the cause.
Flag
Dude, it is like the force... He can see his friends in the cloud city-- oh no... VADER!
Flag
I see you Revolution. Tryin' to up your twitter game during an episode. Unfortunately or fortunately I don't Tweet. I would spend all my time sending racy pics and my dating profile for them to pass on to David. I would be banned and have a restraining order in no time.

Man, I would watch a show just about Miles and Monroe waging war for whatever reason struck their fancy. Miles chastising Bas for nearly skipping about being back together and making beautiful, beautiful, carnage? Pfft. Don't ruin my high, Miles.

I have absolutely no vested interest in who wins the remnants of America, because the options that have been presented are both terrible. Oh, US election analogy.

I understand Rachel's response to Monroe, but IDGAF. No one in the group has a moral high ground, well maybe Aaron and Charlie, but the rest, nope. The Good Ship Moral High Ground pretty much was set ablaze before it sunk into the sea of season 1. Unsalvageable. Do I believe she's torn up over the death of her late husband? Hell no. Do I think she's mourning Danny? She treats Charlie like shit, so, no again. Do I think she's mad he kept her prisoner and away from Miles? That's probably the extent of it.

Elizabeth, your face. The things it doesn't do. I can't. Please show, stop doing those close-ups, it makes me concerned she's had a stroke and she's suffering facial paralysis.

Bobbbbbby! *anguished cry into the night* I seriously wanted him to stick around and for Rufus to be President Carver. Also, President Carver? No, just no.

More+
Flag
If that Monroe kills Bobby scene was supposed to remind me Monroe is a ruthless crazy pants...eh. It just reminded me that Miles is surely aware by now that Monroe will do anything for him, anything Miles wants, Monroe will accomplish it by any means necessary. Miles just needs to specify how he wants it done. Boundaries.

Makes me think about how much of a coward Miles was to run off and leave his clearly cracking up friend to torment the populace.

Also, are there no post-blackout psychiatrist around? Are they all in Canada? I mean, they found an army of designers and seamstresses in this apocalyptic wasteland so everyone is run-way model ready to go to battle in style, but they couldn't find one psychiatrist and a pharmacy with some meds. Meds would serve several of the characters a world of good I would think.

Next week, the gang fakes Monroe's death because Miles can't let him die. Correct? It better be.
Flag
I'm torn because I love Jim Beaver. I was so excited to see him on the show and was really hoping he would be a recurring character. I was so disappointed when he died.

However I loved the episode. All the characters interacting as a group, minus jason and tom. Also loved tom's storyline and the new info about the patriots.
Overall great episode and the only thing i would have changed was to not kill beaver.
Flag
I may have screamed, "Bobby, nooooooooooo!" I'm not ashamed.
Flag
Load More Comments
Follow this Show
Members