A Revolution Community
NBC (ended 2014)

Revolution S03E13: "Happy Endings"

With the Sochi Snolympics set to bump Revolution from the schedule until the end of February, the show needed a good episode to keep its time slot warm while the world gets all r consumed by people that they've never heard of before wearing garish fashion disasters. And maybe I'm going insane, but "Happy Endings" was it. What? Me, saying nice things about an episode of Revolution? Weird, right? But "Happy Endings" was probably the show's best episode since the early goings of Season 2, and it's all because it changed its tone and decided not to be such an annoying sourpuss for an hour. 

Even if "Happy Endings" didn't take big steps forward with the story (which it did), I would have enjoyed it just for the overdue levity that surfaced. Revolution is terribly inconsistent in its tone. One week it wants to grit its teeth and put on black fingernail polish, the next week it's a Disneyland ride. Because Revolution doesn't have the talent or guts or motivation (or the time slot or network) to go all the way heavy, it always works best when things lean playful. And it doesn't get more playful than featuring a throwaway cameo by Bret Michaels as an acoustic troubadour singing "Every Rose Has Its Thorn" accompanied by the line, "When the world ends, there's going to be nothing left but cockroaches and Bret Michaels," and a carnival barker selling a look at Steven Tyler's mummified remains (isn't that we're looking at in present day?). 

But goofiness was counterbalanced by some genuinely solid action sequences thanks to director Ernest Dickerson. Dickerson, who directed several episodes of The Wire and some of The Walking Dead's better episodes ("18 Miles Out," the Season 2 finale "Beside the Dying Fire"), brought life to a series that was walking dead, especially in the panicky opening sequence that sprung Connor from last week's cliffhanger and got the typhus vaccines to the people. Quick zooms! Gun sights! Sniper shots! Am I crazy or was that the best Revolution has ever looked? And though the final fight between Miles and that overgrown meathead was a straight ripoff of shirtless Brad Pitt's near-dive in Snatch, those body blows Monroe jackhammered into his foe's stone torso could be felt through the screen and that final Punch-Out! knockout blow was sweet.

As for what actually happened, well, lots, really. Monroe took Connor and Charlie to New Vegas to get some hired muscle (so the Patriots will have people to kill during the big fight), and Connor and Charlie flirted and f*cked. Charlie didn't put up much resistance at all, because the way she sees it, they're all going to die anyway. After several episodes of pouting in the background, Charlie finally gave us a glimpse into that ice-cold heart of hers and gave Connor a glimpse of a whole lot more. Slutty Charlie is Good Charlie. This scene was put side-by-side with Rachel tapping into her own inner floozy, and in the middle of Miles taking her out on a terrible date, she said, "20 years of foreplay is long enough," and then jumped his bones. Tension released all around for these horny Matheson women! These dalliances earned some stern talking-tos from fathers, with Gene slack-jawed at seeing his daughter tainted by Miles–his dead son-in-law's brother–and Monroe perplexed at Connor's decision to tap Charlie when there were plenty of good whores around. Men of the post-apocalyptic Revolution world, when a Matheson girl gets the itch, it's best to prepare your groin, because she will not take "no" for an answer. 

We also met the President, whether he's the actual president or just another old white guy in a suit, I don't know, but he gave Tom orders to find Monroe and murder him. I really liked this president, he was a total dick and it's not a coincidence he acted like a slave master by not letting Tom sit on his couch. And as motivation in case Tom should choose to disobey, he held Julia prisoner and promised to scoop out her eyeballs if Tom strayed from the mission. That put Tom and Jason in Willoughby with Gene, Miles, and Rachel, where Tom put on quite a show about wanting to massacre the Patriots for blowing up his wife, and to a lesser extent, the city of decadent fashion known as Atlanta (he was lying, he just wants to get closer to Monroe). Thank the firefly lord that Tom is finally back in the fold with everyone else, because his storyline was staler than Bret Michael's unwashed bandana.

The only potential misstep in "Happy Endings" was Aaron's story as Revolution shoehorned religion into the mix. The guy can influence an omnipresent power and set people aflame, yet instead of watching him develop superpowers, we're following him as he backpacks across Texas with his ex-wife. He landed in Lubbock after his nano-travel-agency booked him there, and he ran into his old college buddy Peter. The three of them worked together pre-Blackout on what would become the nanotech, but now Peter was transformed into a faith healer who didn't understand that his God was actually a bunch of tiny robots. This turned to a bunch of talk about religion and faith, with Peter, once a very practical scientific mind, now a Bible-thumping religious nutjob praying to fireflies (it's unclear whether he actually saw them or not). That came off in the episode worse than that last sentence sounded because Revolution didn't add any threat to this scenario. Instead, it felt like Revolution was preaching the dangers of religion because the problem Aaron had was that Peter was blind to the nanotech and had adopted religion. In the pre-Blackout days, did Aaron run around to churches screaming, "Your God is a lie!"? No? Well then shut your self-righteous trap, Aaron, and be happy your friend is alive and that he's giving some hope to the people of Lubbock. Now if Revolution wanted to add some teeth to this scenario, then they should have dialed up the crazy on Peter. Instead he was as level-headed and lucid as anyone's been in this show. Because really, what's the difference if you're thanking a made-up man in the sky or unseen microbots? There's an interesting idea in comparing religion and the nanotech, but so far, Revolution hasn't found it. 

And just when you thought Revolution would make it through an episode without someone getting captured, the hour ended back in New Vegas with a nabbing. A big diamond heist to get payment for mercenaries went sour, and Connor and Monroe were captured by New Vegas authorities. There's your cliffhanger, and we'll have to wait until the end of February to find out what happens. Based on the 572 times this has happened before in this series, I'll take a stab at it and say they get rescued. 

But seriously, THAT was the Bret Michaels cameo? Just him playing his guitar for five seconds? Boo! But be sure to buy a bottle of Michaels' new cologne Roses and Thorns, which he's shopping on the Home Shopping Network today and wasn't afraid to let people know.

91 Comments
Comments (66)
Submit
Sort: Latest | Popular
Conner and Charlie...that is going to be something...they suit good together...loved how he thought she was a helpless girl, when she kicked ass....hahahahahaha
Like to see Monroe fight with the giant...
The rest was stupid....Aarons storyline is becoming so weird, that i cannot watch it almost....Peter he knew how to use his powers, instead of Aaron walking around...searching for answers...
The whole Tyfus thing is also boring...
I am going to finish this season, but then i think i am done..
This has nothing to do with turning the lights on again anymore...!!
Flag
Ha ha ha how brilliant was Conner trying to hit on Charlie thinking she was a girly girl and when Bas found them after they slept together " really come on " ha and I think he basically called her a hoar loved his reaction brilliant. Over all a good episode fun and full of fighting, hopefully next week miles just miles joins Charlie to save Bas and Conner it probably won't happen because of bloody Neville rrrrrrrrrr that man annoys me, any way I'll be happy seeing the look on Bas's face when Charlie is the one that saves him that would be priceless. I'm just not sure we're the Aaron storyline is going I think it's distracting from the other characters development.
Flag
Much as I despise Aaron's storyline, I really hope he doesn't get pulled into the main one. The main characters have their own issues to get through (alternating between good and bad episodes), and Aaron would probably pull them all the way down.
Flag
Anyone else love the part where Monroe came across Charlie and Connor together? It was absolutely hilarious!
Flag
Looks like the President was able to get a camera and a printer to work.
Surprised that printer paper would be still available 15 years after a grid failure. I would have thought it would have been re-purposed by then.
Flag
Ah, kids today. What you saw didn't require a printer. Before the advent of digital cameras there was something called "film". This "film" needed to be "developed" and this process transferred the image onto paper. No printer needed, just chemicals.
Flag
The series has hit the heights of silliness again I am waiting still for the aliens to turn up abduct the our intrepted heroes and nuke the planet now thats a way to finish LOL
Flag

Monroe: Congrats! There's like a 50% chance you just fucked your sibling!!
Flag
Btw- Monroe needs a woman. He's hot! :)

Flag
Monroe , conner, jason all sexy men. Monroe is crazy and a real bad ass, I would have hooked up with him if I was Charlie. Most woman like the bad ass men. I don't know why but it's true. lol

Flag
Conner and Charlie make the best couple ! I'm sorry Jason , you were cute for awhile but the new heart throb - bad boy Conner is in town. Move over little dog the big dog is moving in. I love Conner - hate his name tho. Dont fit him at all. He does look like Monroes son tho and thats a plus! I hate it when a character looks nothing like his on screen parents. Totally believable that he is his son! 5 STARS! GREAT SHOW!
Flag
I kinda want to see them kill tom. if aaron's storyline doesn't improve they can kill him too. I am enjoying charlie, rachel, miles and monroe though. monroe jr. as well.
Flag
I'm enjoying those exact characters as well. Charlie needed laid. lol She was getting a bit nagging. I think she feels better now. What a show this was! 5 STARS !
Flag
When Monroe catches them....epic!!!
Flag
LOL I know right. :)
Flag
haha ya
Flag
Huh, that was pretty damn good for Revolution. Also, Miles called Charlie a moron, which was amusing.
Flag
I did enjoy this episode, it was a bit different than the rest. A small romantic moment with Rachel and Miles pretending to watch a movie and ending up having sex, then Charlie and Connor pretending having a romantic moment and ending up also having sex. Monroe pretending to be a bad fighter, who turns up to be a good one after all, then looking at the pretty lady boss, and hoping for sex. Tom is back as what he does best, to be a liar, who will do or say anything to kill Monroe so his wife doesn´t end up in a little box. And now he even has his son Jason lying as well. And what happens when Charlie and Connor are back? a love triangle with Jason?
I can bother to write about Aaron. His story is just boring.
Flag
I did actually enjoy the episode and Charlie was seriously my favorite part. But lets be serious that was actually what made the beginning of Season 2 so great was actually Charlie. And that she actually told off Rachel for us for all the good that did us. Rachel is still a weirdo. I did kind of think for a second we might have a Danny mention when her and Conner were talking post coitus. They need to be careful, they could really make the kids be interesting if they play the return of Jason correctly. Like we have no idea exactly how Charlie and Jason left things, I was never certain how she felt about him but he seriously has been through some crap in the interim and Conner just might be easier to be around but Jason now might be a little quietly psycho in a way that might be interesting but still have that desire to be a hero. Heck, he might look at the two of them and tell them about the reeducation camps and everyone might put their heads together that that might be the best way to get soliders and wouldn't that sort of mission appeal to Charlie.

Clearly Charlie will be able to run faster than the horse they rode in on and get to Miles and Tom will help since I bet he hasn't totally made up his mind about betraying anyone or not (i.e., if the option is there to save his wife, he would be back on the lets kill the Patriots bandwagon).

I agree that they need to figure out a way to do these Nanotech comparisons better. They sort of tried with Priscilla being the anti religious person more vocally and Aaron not really saying much. But the problem I think the writers are finding is the morality if any to give to the nanos. Are Aaron and Priscilla right not to trust them at all? Is Peter right to trust them implicitly? I actually suspect that Aaron is closer if he would try talking to them more than just being suspicious and defensive.
More+
Flag
This episode was unbearably stupid. Not to mention similar to every other episode in the season so far and last season for that matter as well. And we meet the president finally and he's a tard.
Flag
Actually enjoyed this weeks ep. Almost no one got captured/rescued...AND Rachel and Miles finally did something, pity it was overshadowed by Charlie and Mini Monroe....
Flag
That's what I'll call him" Mini Monroe"!
Flag
Actually, Monroe and Connor both got captured, and you'll probably see their rescue next episode, so I think that puts a kibosh on your "...no one got captured/rescued." I left out "almost" because you can't really give this one degrees. Either you're caputred/rescued or you're not. And to be honest, Aaron and his ex are sort of captured too. Jeez...what everyone was saying IS true. They go through way too many captures and rescues. I didn't realize just how much until I was responding to your post.
Flag
Uhm...when did Charlie become this bad ass multi-talented criminal/violent mastermind type? She used to be a little girl with hallucinations.
Flag
Must have been during all those teleporting treks across the country. I'm still waiting for the explanation of when and where Rachel learned the art of asskicking. Fucking ridiculous.
Flag
BRET MICHAELS is miraculously still alive in the future and can shred a mean acoustic version of his famous metaphor song "Every Rose Has Its Thorn." Or at least I'm assuming he can, because as of this writing, I haven't seen the episode yet. But why would Bret Michaels appear on the show if he wasn't going to sing "Every Rose Has Its Thorn?"

It was pretty funny to read this right after seeing the episode. The only thing he did in the episode was to sing the chorus of that song. Monroe confirmed that the character's name was Bret Michaels.
Flag
Why wouldn't they take the MEDS!!!
Flag
Why didn't they take the people?! Or at least warn them? What was to stop the Patriots from just offing the left behind cured Undesirables? None of those Willoughby yokels would recognize an air embolism or a tragic tent fire accident, even if it happened right in front of their faces.
Flag
I haven´t seen this ep yet, but I voted for It was a-MAH-zing! first for loyalty, and second because I do wont REVOLUTION to get better, after the long break. But TIM, if you have to quit writing (and I do understand it), maybe you could just do the photo review, without words, and we just have to guess. Because the photo recaps are awesome!
Flag
The Nanites giveth and the Nanites taketh away.

Also, LOL at Monroe the angry dad :)
I knew Charlie and Monroe's kid would eventually hook up but I thought it would take a few more episodes to build rather than half way thru this one...
And that's fine with me because I don't like it when shows stretch things that are obviously going to happen.

Although it was a fair episode (In Revolution standards) I don't think it meets the qualifications that Tim mentioned above.
I, personally, would love to keep reading Tim's weekly reviews but I would totally understand if he quits on this show (But I would totally expect a season finale review).
Flag
Oh yeah, almost forgot, Bret Michaels' 10 second appearance was a 10 second appearance by Bret Michaels and that's about it...
Flag
I wasn't going to post anything, but then Tim said that Revolution might get cancelled because nobody is reading his reviews anymore (or something - poor Tim) in that "7 shows that will probably get cancelled" article, so here's my contribution for the good of the show. One more comment. And I'll refresh the page every once in a while. That should do it!
Flag
Could it be? Nah, it couldn't or maybe it could. This might just be the first ever episode of 'Revolution' that I genuinely enjoyed...if not first ever than first in as long as I can remember. And primarily, who do I have to thank for this? Charlie. Charlie!?!? No seriously, that's what I said.

Charlie was AWESOME in this episode. It all started with her being faux impressed at Connor's heroics and the danger he was in having a gun pointed at him. Playing just coy enough that lil' Monroe still had reason to believe he was impressing. Ol' Tracy Spiridakos was actually acting. Further to that end, the cheeky grin while talking to Connor after keeping her cool and pulling her gun on a bunch of badass mercenaries...perfect. But the icing on the cake, a post coitus chat completely grounded in the reality of the world in which they live. A reality I've never actually seen demonstrated from those who actually produce this ridiculous show, but a reality that I know I'd like to see. It's a dangerous world and going up against the Patriots, she''ll likely be dead within a year and when she does, she's going down fighting. But until then, she'll grab as many little moments of peace and pleasure as she can {cue Trooper "We're Here for a Good Time"}. Bravo! Papa Monroe walking in after the fact with his, "Awww, c'mon!!!" was also hilarious. Even if his reasoning was questionable if not flawed, it did little to hide his true feelings, "I've had a kid for barely a week, and already the lil bastard cuttin' my grass?!?!?". It was a big middle finger to those were wishing for a Charlie/Bass romantic hookup. Seriously, pull your heads out of your asses...you REALLY didn't think that was going to happen, did you?

HOWEVER, despite all the goodness brought by Charlie the rest of the episode...OYE!!!

- Of course Miles made an ultra effective home made silenser out of a can and, through a window blind no less, picked off the guy about to shoot Connor...almost like he could hear their conversation and knew he was about to take the shot.
- Of course Rachel and Charlie were able to revive Grandpa
- Of course Connor double times it back with the antidote with seconds to spare...though wouldn't leaving it behind just allow the Patriots to continue with what they were doing?
- Of course the pit boss would put down the locked toolbox full of diamonds to go toss out a drunk
- Of course they were able to acquire a duplicate toolbox as a decoy
- Oh, and of course, our heroes got captured to end an episode...AGAIN
- And, in classic 'Revolution' style, people are able to go from city to city and state to state in the amount of time it takes to fade to black. I know we got a "5 days later", but Tom making it from DC to Texas, Arron making it to Crazytown and the team making it to New Vegas {snap} just like that is REALLY starting to get ridiculous. For fun, I pulled up Google Maps and charted a course from DC to Dallas, TX. On a bike it's 5 days, by foot it's almost 20...and that's straight hours, no breaks. I don't know how much time has passed, but with the amount of traveling they've done...OYE!

That Charlie's antics were enough for me to actually enjoy this episode speaks to how well I think she did. Take a bow Charlie, take a bow.

"The only thing to survive a nuclear holocaust...cockroaches and Brett Michaels"...ha!
More+
Flag
The writers said, no one knows where the hell the Neville boys are anyway so lets just have them have made it to EXACTLY WHERE the others were; looking no worse for the wear at all in the next scene. All of the sudden hey were just standing there behind Rachel. Big high five in the writers room and everyone is happy. Love/hate this show - sometimes in the same episode. I think its like 'SHIELD' - I want to like it because of who created it but it gets so difficult at times. I've dumped the Marvel pile of crap but still am hanging on to this one because at least this one has some decent cast members and its developing a sense of humor. This was a semi-decent episode of television that hit more than it missed. I'm with you - Ms. Spiradokos can definitely take a bow. She was the MVP.
Flag
It's still early, but my issue with SHIELD is that I don't think it knows quite what it is or where it wants to go. Revolution seems to be 100% intentional. Lazy. But intentional.

Just prior to the scene with Tom and the President, there was a shot of the Washington monument, so if the writers were trying to keep that a secret, they didn't tell the director.

I think it's safe to say though that Whedon and Kripke's reputations have taken a hit on their respective shows. Joss at least has Marvel money and directing the Avengers franchise to fall back on. Ol' Eric is burning though his Supernatural cred awfully quickly.
Flag
Its like they don't what they're doing with all that network money. My biggest disappointment with SHIELD is that his brother and sister in law did so well on 'Spartacus' - they wrote much of 'Spartacus: Gods of the Arena' which had the tricky task of keeping people interested without Andy Whitfield and succeeded and they are the one's doing most of the writing here but they don't have anyone in this cast to make it work and they are getting most of the blame. I think ABC screwed the casting. The two casting directors have only really worked on the MARVEL films. Not very big (or convincing) resumes to be doing an expensive television show. I don't think the scripts are that bad, I just think this show is up and down the line - completely miscast. Everyone is pretty terrible, and some shouldn't even have gotten their SAG cards. The actress playing 'Skye', Chloe Bennett, has no idea what she is doing and can only pull of a scene where she is supposed to be 'pretty girl in the room'. Watching Brett Dalton, 'Ward', is about as exciting as watching paint dry. Casting is the key and shouldn't be that difficult when most film actors are taking television roles now. For a show this big I thought they may have gotten a veteran CD with a big Roladex of people the've cast.
More +
Flag
I didn't know of the connection to Spartacus. And you're right, that they were able to not only survive the loss of Andy Whitfield but flourish is a testament to the writing...direction and supporting cast get a pretty good nod too.

That's where SHIELD really falls down. I don't know if it's the casting or the characters or the acting or all three, but Gannicus and Crixis, as demonstrated could carry the show by themselves. Add a solid supporting cast in Doctore, Navia and amazingly, one of my favourite TV couples ever in Agron and Nasir and you'll have an engagins series almost regardless of writing. That it also had great story lines only cements it.

SHIELD has none of those thing. Even if the casting, characters and acting were good (not great), the story falls down with it's lack of an identifiable villain (among other things, but that's tops on my list). No villain = no heroes and that seems pretty key for a superhero show.
Flag
My favorite part was where the "bad guys" key worked on the lock of the fake lockbox.
Flag
Ha! You're so right. I might have been too stunned by the initial turn of events...lol
Flag
Charlie meet Bryn. Bryn go purebred werewolf and eat everyone. Problem solved.
Flag

It made me laugh when the person Monroe notices first in Vegas was 'Jenny MacArthur' from 'The League'. Katie Asleton is never a bad thing --- until the episode progressed ending with another edition of 'Why do our stupid plans keep blowing up?' This time with the now knocking boots - Charlie and Monroe's son (what is his name Rico Suave?) and Monroe in the roles of screw ups. Funniest part was that they did the quickie flashback showing how the ignorant plan went down. What was the point in wasting a whole scene for a cliché? I guess to show all of the dumb things they did in not just getting the diamonds and getting the hell out. All the posturing and posing they did got 2 of the three dummies caught, with the loot from the heist! Memo to this show: If you are finally going to hook up your star crossed lovers - Miles and Rachel - it shouldn't be so boring. That should have been all 'Carrie/Hood' (Needed to shout out the far superior 'Banshee' because Surrette - I think (?) believes this is the better show.) and it came off more 'Who really gives a sh!t?' And the capper to everything was Jason and Tom, the Neville boys, just show up at the end and no one is suspicious of their motives. And all the Christian b.s. throughout the episode with Aaron and THE WIFE HE JUST UP AND LEFT IN THE MIDDLE OF THE FOREST TO FIND HER LUCK WITH SOME OTHER DUDE. Why isn't she just constantly giving him the Heisman? Yeah this show just continues to suck big time but at least its more fun than 'The Following' without the misogynistic undertones throughout the scripts. Charlie has to be like the viewer - doesn't seem to give a f' about anything that is going on anymore, just kind of going through the motions. She basically f'd Rico just because he was there and he had what she needed - the look on her face in the post-coitus scene was the best part of the whole episode. She was such a dude. How did she become the most interesting person on this show? Second season Charlie is awesome. This show sucks this year but at least this season it seems to have embraced its suckiness and is running full speed with it. There's gotta be some fun heading into the grave.
More+
Flag
hahaha carrie.... and Hood... hahha your asking a B- , maybe C show to be like Banshee.... that is epic. The writing on this show is so predictable.
Flag
We'll say C. But still shouldn't that have been what that sex was like - they've been building up to this since Charlie's dad got shot dead. Epic bedroom reunions should seem as such, no? OK I'm asking for too much but still when Rachel is talking about 'we've waited 20 years for this' there should be at least SOME fireworks. Especially since she seemed to be inferring that the sex that led to Charlie was their one and only sexual encounter. Of course Miles ain't no handsome Kiwi and 'Rachel' (Elizabeth Mitchell) has had sex with Angelina Jolie ('Gia', anybody?), so maybe it just wasn't that good.)

I wanted this episode to be an improvement because I got excited when I saw Katie Asleton. What a waste of hope.
Flag
As some may have noted from posts I am a Kripke show fan in that I am watching Supernatural and Revolution. Generally Supernatural has been excellent and Revolution has disappointed me to the extend I did wonder why I was watching. Then out of possibly nowhere this episode appears and I found myself happy to have watched it for all sorts of Reasons!
Are the Kripke team having a quiet, but I hope a lovely gentle laugh with the "Happy Endings" title? I counted at least 5 people (if you include the woman who was cured of blindness) who all seemed to have happy ends this episode. About time and lovely. The Aaron nanite storyline was good this episode and the "Oceans" type heist and its failure worked well enough.

Tom Neville was good old himself with "I have got my own agenda " going on.

And Charlie! Charlie! Charlie! Charlie! That woman has got balls!

All 'n' all happy I watch this episode.
Flag
So because it was set in a "Vegas" they had to do a heist job, with an "Oceans" type of trick to the heist? And then show it fail, what's the point?

As for Aaron and Priscilla, I would like them to suddenly go... awww fuck it, let's throw in with our friend and become the prophets of the nanotech. They can get matching robes and travel the country in a working motorhome (not like the nano couldn't just make one vehicle run) and cure people and stuff and Just be badass prophets. ;)

Their story is way more interesting then Miles and Monroe and crew, yet we only ever get a few mins of them per episode.
Flag
“How about the Nanotech manifests itself as Danny and then he gets killed again? I would also be okay if that happened to Nora instead.”

Why not both of them? Remember the series finale of Battlestar? Like that, only instead of Baltar and Six, you have two characters you don’t realy care about, and rather than giving you some philosophical stuff to think about, they get killed. Over. And. Over. Again.

People say, a TV series needs to kill off a character once in a while in order to push the rating. This is the perfect chance to kill two characters. Every week.
Flag
I could watch that gif all day :P Charlie butt shots FTW
Flag
you forgot the Charlie banged Bass' kid. That Adam dude, the blonde checking her ass out, a man, an adult, instead she nails the kid, the annoying immature kid, the son of Monroe. The first time she meets him. Seriously?! WTH. Her taking home the bartender, that was hot, this is just soapy. Esp with SO many people all about her and Bass, cause their chem is evident. SO done. That dynamic and the humor and sometime fight scenes , were all that held me. The Miles, Charlie, bass of One Ranger, had so much potential. It's like the writers don't talk to each other, and random eps and storylines appear, go in different directions and circle each other. And dammit kill Jason or something. Too many people, not enough "Falling Skies" ACTUAL Revolution.
Flag
Yeah. I would have hung around, despite Charlie and Monroe not hooking up...though I seriously shipped them, had Connor turned out less of a whiny brat or Charlie hooked up with someone else. Like you said, she turned away men and went for the pipsqueak. No offense to Vairo. I'm sure he's a nice guy and all. However, Connor is just awful. Like awkward kid at HS awful. What in the world would a mature and kick-ass woman (and she is...she's grown a LOT this season) want with him? And her whole attitude this episode with Monroe was just weird. No, I'm not still harping on the fact that they didn't get together. I'm talking about the fact that Everybody Says I Love You had her definitely seeing him as worthy comrade and with respect (and it seemed a tiny bit of hero worship for his skills...that breath she let out when he came to save the day and her fragile "you came back" towards the end of the ep) and now she's back to treating him like a steaming pile... Don't understand this constant lack of consistency in their characters.
Flag
You sort of forgot for awhile I like second season Charlie.
Flag
How about this one: Wasted Years by Iron Maiden... (myself I'm big fan of the Maiden...)

This episode is a repeat of all the past episodes... A big plan for something goes awry and they get captured... Furthermore, the President is revealed to be a Reaganite-- big surprise! Typhus is magically cured by some anti-biotic drugs and the old gags still work best! A Monroe gets some action with a Matheson-- just like old times.... It was yet another episode that basically said "Hey, Look I've Changed Back Again To The Old Ways!"
Flag
"Or why not "Carry On My Wayward Son"? Anything from Supernatural, really."

I was thinking Eye of the Tiger. ;-P
Flag
I absolutely loved this episode. This is gonna be so hard waiting for almost a month for the show to come back. So many great moments. I hate reading the reviews here because it's obvious the recapper hates the show and even when there's a fantastic episode like this the person still criticizes it.
Flag
This is how Tim expresses love.
Flag
Follow this Show
Members