A Revolution Community
NBC (ended 2014)
If you want to hear how atrociously bad and boring this week’s episode of Revolution was, there are plenty of places to go commiserate on that topic: take an orange, and ‘git’. I’m not recapping so if you haven’t seen the episode or read a recap, this probably won’t make much sense.

Also, I am just going to suggest you don't read this. I am obviously 13 years old in my head because I enjoy this show so please disregard all my opinions.

While I was not overwhelmed with OMG! moments, I want to dish on my favorite/not-so-favorite characters.

MAGGOTS NOT NANOBORG SAVE MILES
Yeah, yeah, glad Miles is alive. More glad that it wasn’t Aaron and the Nanoborg that saved him. Preppers take note: start stockpiling maggots. Um. Yeah. (This is where I suggest, again, that anyone watching this show who expects any sort of ‘real perspective’ on what living in a post-apocalyptic world would be like needs to find the nearest clue stick and beat themselves bloody with it.)

MILES, MONROE & RACHEL or ROADTRIP TO MEXICO
(‘Cause seriously, this whole time- since S1E01, I’ve been like, “Uh, GO TO CANADA! DUH!” but Mexico works, too.)

Miles speech to Rachel about needing her along to keep him from falling off the lets-kill-everyone wagon? I’m choosing to see this as foreshadowing and not "really-disappointing-right-now". Yeah, I like it when Miles and Monroe get all “Butch & Sundance”. I'm okay with getting rid of Rachel if that is what it takes for Miles and Monroe to get back their groove. (Okay, I'm okay with getting rid of Rachel, period.)

What I HOPE: Rachel gets killed, Miles goes off the deep-end with Monroe and Connor(Terminator reference? Wha?) and they hack and slash their way back and forth across the continent for a few more seasons. Okay, not going to happen. (Well, who knows, cause this show is the embodiment of absolute chaos- which I love.)

More likely? Needed to separate our three amigos from Charlie and Aaron so we can get back to what Revolution does best- fighting-while-road-tripping. This is totally a post-apocalyptic buddy show.

Monroe looks awfully pleased about the guy leering at Rachel... Maybe ‘cause it pisses Miles off? Maybe because Monroe would be happy about anything that put a wedge between Miles and Rachel? Rachel was certainly ready to get rid of Monroe. Sounded a little jealous of the idea of Miles taking off with Monroe, too.

CONNOR or THE APPLE DOESN’T FALL FAR FROM THE TREE
Monroe finds his son in less than 5,000 episodes! WOOT! Seriously, enough said. It was predictable but I still liked it.

Now this makes sense to me: Monroe getting all fired up to take the Republic back for his son (for which he will, of course, need Miles(and Charlie)). (I wasn’t totally buying that Monroe would be willing to take on the Patriots just to get revenge for Philly- especially when flashbacks have shown from the get-go he was always in it for Miles.)

Anyone who has been wondering: WTH? Monroe doesn’t have anything to offer a kid, why is he even trying to find him? Ta-da! Asked, and ANSWERED. Why serve in Mexico when you can rule in the Monroe Republic?

(One little problem… uh, no Republic…)

MILES & MONROE
Now Monroe doesn’t have to fixate on Miles- but he will need Miles to get his Republic back. Monroe is, also, clearly pissed off at Miles- so now Miles is going to have to redeem himself to Monroe.

I think Miles 'doth protest too much', with regards to Monroe. Clearly, he says that they 'need' him, but really, he just *wants* him. They really do put the 'fun' in dysfunctional.

CHARLIE & GRANDPA TRAITOR

Charlie has gotten above average at killing people. Gene’s horror/disbelief is a little bizarre. After all, he’s sorta the definition of morally-ambiguous-to-protect-his-ass-ets. Hypocritical there much, Grandpa?

Remember that whole “You’re a sociopath. You say what you need to get what you want…” campfire scene? LIKE YOU COULD FORGET! (I know you watched that scene back like 10 times. (Crap, did I just out myself?)) Charlie has swung on the hinge from being the opposite of Monroe/Miles to being an awful lot like them. After all, Monroe and Miles have shown consistently that they can compromise pretty much any-which-way to get crap done: Miles working with the Rebels to get to Danny/Monroe, Miles working with Texas-Ranger-Bobby, Monroe working with Miles in the Tower, Monroe *not* killing Charlie to get back to Miles… Charlie explanation to Gene about why she is not upset is pretty straight-up, “Stopped yelling at old people cause it doesn’t help get the job done.”

But is Charlie REALLY morally-ambiguous? I don’t think so. Someone has to stay a little decent, right? Okay, I totally don’t care, as long as there are ‘bad’ people for her to get her kill on with Miles and Monroe, I’m happy.

CHARLIE & CONNOR?

HELL. TO. THE. NO.

Don’t even try it! I know they are going to. I can see the stage being set already:

Connor: Abandoned by father
Charlie: Abandoned by mother

Connor: Really pissed off at father
Charlie: Really pissed off at mother

Connor: Father is a sociopath
Charlie: Mother is a sociopath

Connor: Weird triangulation with Miles and father
Charlie: Weird triangulation with Miles and mother

Connor: dead mother
Charlie: dead father (sorta, we think)

Connor: his father got Charlie’s dad killed
Charlie: her father?/surrogate father/soon-to-be-step-father-uncle/Miles got Connor’s mother killed

Connor has that all-pissed-off thing going on like Charlie had(please no more whining. can’t. take. it.) until she turned into a zen-Patriot-killing-machine. Clearly, Connor just needs some Patriots to whack on and somebody to say “I Love You” to him and all will be well.

ZOMG!!- maybe Connor is going to fall in love with Rachel? She needs a hug, he needs a hug… would work out so well.
…Then Miles will want to kill Connor, Rachel will (still) want to kill Monroe, Connor will want to kill Miles thus Charlie will want to kill Connor, Monroe will (still) want to kill everyone. See where this COULD go??!?

Whoa, sorry, no idea where that came from.

CHARLIE & MONROE

Yep. Pretty much nothing.

Worse than the almost complete lack of Charloe action, the writing for this episode clearly puts Charlie in the [KID] box while Rachel, Monroe & Miles are all in the [GROWN UP] box. Monroe says, “When Charlie grows up…”, Charlie is all “But Mom said to stay here!” and then Charlie’s ‘I stopped yelling at old people’ comment…

Not looking too promising, Charloe fans.

THE BIG REVEAL or AARON FINDS A NEW GIRLFRIEND
Aaron has a “Why Me, God/Nanoborg?” moment and out pops… GRACE BEAUMONT!?!?!
Oh, it’s Grace.

Yeah, whew. I about wet myself with excitement.
(That was sarcastic.)
(No. Really.)

TEAM NEVILLE or HERDING CATS IN THE WHITE HOUSE
Just do your evil stuff and get it done. PLEASE. None of the Neville clan are really moving me right now. I like Jason better when he’s got a little “gonna-kick-you-in-the-face-with-my-combat-boots” edge.

So, in the long run, if there is one, do we expect the resurrected Monroe Republic to go up against President Neville leading the Patriots? Wacky!

NO, NO SHE DIDN’T
Did Rachel really mention Danny AGAIN?

Okay, wow, this is long. Sorry. Just remember, I actually urged you not to read this.
Thoughts? Comments?
45 Comments