We're moving Forums to the Community pages. Click here for more information and updates.

A Revolution Community
NBC (ended 2014)

Revolution S02E02: "There Will Be Blood"

Guys. What is going on here? Are you seeing what I'm seeing? Revolution is... not totally stupid! In fact, it's kinda good. "There Will Be Blood" proved that the unbelievable improvement from the Season 2 premiere was no fluke, and as long as I'm being honest here, I may go so far as to say that "There Will Be Blood" was even better. A lot of the sense of improvement comes from comparing it now to how bad most of Season 1 was, but even without that low benchmark I may go so far as to say that it's good on its own. Yep, bet on the Jacksonville Jaguars to win the Super Bowl, expect a Kardashian/Kardashian presidential ticket in 2016, and buy stock in Blockbuster Video, because Revolution is good. 

The thing that stood out for me is the same reason Charlie is more tolerable this season: it shut up. Everything about the show is more quiet and confident, and it makes for a much more enjoyable watch as opposed to fighting the urge to throw my TV off a cliff. There's an easy effort about what's going on, with as much attention to what is actually happening as there is to character, tone, and suspense. That never happened last year except for in a few fleeting moments. I maintain what I said about the premiere, let's pretend Season 1 never happened.

Things picked up right where we left off this week, so let's visit the stories one-by-one. We'll start with Aaron because he's still Aaron, and he's very much alive after giving his ticker two-and-a-half hours off. Naturally, he and Rachel assumed it was the tiny flying robots that brought him back to life, but there are plenty of other things pointing to something different. There are fireflies having skywriting parties, carpets of dead rats, and other unusual natural phenomena that Aaron discussed last week. Creator Eric Kripke hasn't been shy about saying how the nature of the physical world has changed since the power went out then on then out again, and if he chose to go as far away from nanites as possible, that would be more than fine with me. Does anyone really want this techno-magic hanging around anyway? They could literally make almost anything happen and then just, "Ummm NANITES!" as an excuse. Nope, best to ditch 'em all completely. Again, let's pretend Season 1 never happened.

There's more proof that something is special about Aaron now. "There Will Be Blood" had splashes of flashbacks showing us what happened in the Tower immediately after the bombs dropped on the East Coast. Lots of flashing lights, several mini-explosions, and other weird things. But what was really interesting was 12 hours later when everyone who was downstairs suddenly appeared upstairs on the grass. While Neville, Jason, and Grace, who entered the control room after the others, remained unconscious, everyone else who was down below woke up not knowing how they got outside or what the hell was going on. Could something have happened to them down there in the control room when shit went crazy that changed them for good? Was Aaron the first one of them to show off some weird power of immortality? Did everyone down there in the control room get filled up with nanites while the rest of the nanites in the world expoded? Do I have any idea what I'm talking about? No!

Let's check in on Charlie next. Can I just say I love Charlie this season? I'm going to hand her the Most Improved Character trophy right now, because she's gone from incredibly cute but entirely useless baggage in Season 1 to incredibly hot and super snarky badass loner in Season 2. And aside from one slip up (keep an eye on your enemies or they'll shoot you, Charlie), she really took Miles' advice from last week to heart and is keeping the stupid to a minimum. There wasn't really that much to accomplish with her storyline this week, except to pair her up with the incredibly well manicured and handsome bounty hunter by letting Monroe escape captivity, but it was still entertaining. Their little tête-à-tête showed off the revamped writing in the series, something that. "I liked you better when you weren't talking," said the handsome bounty hunter, which pretty much summed up all our feelings from last season. But again, let's pretend Season 1 never happened. 

So handsome bounty hunter man (did anyone catch his name?) is stuck with Charlie now because Monroe killed his foreign-language speaking Duck Dynasty reject partner and he and Charlie both want Monroe. He's a bounty hunter for the "U.S. Government" and needs him alive, she just wants Monroe dead. Obviously Charlie and Monroe are going to patch things up between them somehow and team up. That's going to be a tricky one to pull off. Maybe they both get captured by the "Patriots"?

Neville found a way to infiltrate the Patriots in a classic Neville way. He arranged a team hit using a redshirt that was one of Jason's old friends, set him up to pull a gun on Secretary Justine Allenford, and then POW he shot him himself to gain Allenford's trust. What I liked about this was that even though this set up is designed to get us on more on Neville's side because he's going up against a worse enemy, the writers didn't change who Neville was. That was a dick move! Yet it's exactly what Neville would do to get what he wanted. Up next for Neville: a spot on Allenford's security team and an eagle's eye view of what these bastards are planning to do. 

Finally we head pay a visit to Miles, who had it the worse of anyone. He's still captured by war clan leader and psychopath Titus Andover, who kept a bunch of prisoners captive in pig pens. For some reason Titus ordered his men to draw some blood from the captives to do a quick test, and when he determined that Sheriff Mason's blood was no good, he had him immediately executed. And to think, he was just part of a great Walker, Texas Ranger joke. Poor Mason. Imagine if your last words were a corny Walker, Texas Ranger joke. This isn't quite "no one is safe" territory, but I didn't expect Mason to go so quickly. 

The violence seems to be up this year, and it's good violence, not just people pointing guns at each other. There are neck snaps, sword slices, and hangings. That's my kind of stuff, right there. And there are even hand smashings! To teach Miles a lesson about escaping and to reduce his skills as a swordsman, Andover smashed his hand with a hammer. Miles got almost Jaime Lannister'd, Luke Skywalker'd, and Rick Grimes'd (comics only). And in the end, Miles got hauled off through the mysterious red door that people don't come back from. In that room through the door was a ghostly lady strapped to a gurney, a lot of weird medical instruments, and one smiling Andover, happy to see Miles joined his party. Whaaaaaaaat?!?!?

That's two weeks in a row of quality network television science-fiction from a show that used to be a total joke. When is it too early to declare that this show has really changed things because we're scared it will revert to what Season 1 was? I hope we don't get to that point because I'm digging Season 2 so far.

POWER LINES

– Another thing Season 2 is doing a better job with is character creation. Handsome bounty hunter man's partner could have easily been a scary big brute, but instead he was a foreign-language-spouting crazy-beard-having old weirdo. That's so much more interesting than just hiring a stuntman to play a bad guy. I think Kripke must have spent the offseason playing a lot of Fallout

– What mens-only salon does Handsome Bounty Hunter go to in this post-apocalyptic world?

– Do you think there was anything to Aaron's hallucination of Ben Matheson? 

– Are you getting sick of the jokes about old time movies and shows yet, or are you okay with them? This week it was Ghostbusters, Walker, Texas Ranger, and Meet the Press.

Previously Aired Episode

AIRED ON 5/21/2014

Season 2 : Episode 22

135 Comments
Comments (135)
Submit
Sort: Latest | Popular
This was actually pretty good! , i never would have thought i'd say that about this show , now hoping it stays this way
Flag
Gee. I guess we now know where the ex-writers of Breaking Bad found work.
Flag
Wow. Did not think I would ever say this about Revolution (which I had had high hopes for) but this was incredibly pretty intriguing. Agreeing to all your points in character introduction/creation and writing and would even add a few more: editing, directing, cinematographing all seem to have improved - or is it just me? I stopped watching halfway through season one so I could have forgotten.
Stuff:
  • The two beautiful, blue-eyed fellas, namely Monroe and Charlie, are gonna hook up. C'mon, they were staring their respective eyeballs out!
  • Aaron's storyline is great because he has one now! He matters!
  • Miles is in trouble that doesn't dissipate within one famously stupid plot twist!
  • Not sure whether I like Rachel's dad or not, he might be your typical father character - overprotective, old, blah blah.
  • Gus Fring is back! Man, that move was almost on the same level of ruthlessness as his Don Eladio story.
  • So the creepy dude who has people chained up and conducts weird experiments on them is a boys-school headmaster who - oh wonder, oh wonder - had naughty and extremely illegal images on his computer? Who could've guessed? Now what did I say about creative, good new characters?
  • It could generally be said that the show doesn't go back on its promises anymore. For instance, Miles gets captured and stays that way for some time. He also faces actual - and awesome - consequences for trying to escape. No more getting in trouble anymore (I hope)! Yay show!
  • Wow, most of those bullet points are positive. Keep it up!
More+
Flag
what ... are u saying i should start watching this show again?
Flag
Absolutely you should watch.
Flag
The Arabic letter says
" DENI has settled in CASEP/KASEP base north Texas.
Titus Andover is under control.
BLOBI's plan is on time "
I capitalized the names . I am not sure how to spell them.
Flag
omg even better than the pilot
Flag
Season 2 is on fire. This episode was really, really good.
Flag
I enjoyed season 1 but boy, oh boy, do I love this season so far. I get Rockne "Farscape" S. O'bannon vibes, and that's a good thing because Farscape was okayish in its first season but absolutely brilliant later.
Flag
No ones said it.... Handsome bounty hunter dude.... Monroes long lost son....???
Flag
I've thought that every since I heard they hired him for the show.
Flag
Never before has a change in show runners been so obvious. The musical chairs that happen over at AMC's 'The Walking Dead' (because you have to include "AMC's" before everything) looks like a subtle change by comparison.

The Kripke influence is undeniable...and not just because this show was a steaming pile during season one. The past two espisodes have been ripped from the playbook of 'Supernatural' like Law & Order is "based on fictional events and people. Any similarities are purely coincidental"

What Kripke could get away with in Supernatural he can't get away with here. Sure, Sam and Dean have died and come back to life more than Charlie Sheen's career...but playing fast and loose with the laws of nature in Revolution? Ya, I'm not so sure about that.

There isn't an aspect of this show that isn't remarkably better. But, is it now a good show? Mediocre is death and viewers like me who watched because they wanted to see how bad things would get I think played a big part in this show getting renewed. But if I have to take this show seriously, it's getting called up to the majors and will face MUCH stronger competition.

"Look at how bad I used to be" will only play for so long
More+
Flag
I.. am very surprised but I really enjoyed this episode (in contrast with 2x01 btw, which I thought was pretty "revolution"-ary bad). But wow, this one was pretty cool. The ending was supposed to be creepy, and it legitimately was. And Neville is a pretty insane manipulator, can't wait for his grand scheme to come to fruition. Charlie is still pretty meh, but it's kind of fun to see her own storyline pan out, going after Monroe and everything. This show really benefits from her being on her own. Yes we still get about 10 minutes of Charlie, but at least most of the cast doesn't have to deal with her anymore. As enjoyable as it was to see Aaron struggling with her stupidity at the end of season 1 ("Not a literal backdoor Charlie. Never mind.."), she's much less of a nuisance on her own.

Talking about Aaron, I guess he's special now. Of course he went all Jesus at the end of last episode, but he's legititmately freaked out about it. I'm not sure if he's right about the nanites saving his life though, it probably has to do with the new firefly mystery. The again, replacing magical nanotechnology with magical fireflies really is the same difference, I guess.

And umm.. so Miles has been captured by the warlord who turned out te be a pedophile in the "old world". And he never gave up his "boys", because the power going out meant he never got arrested. The writing staff probably never heard about a grey villain, with some redeeming factor. This guy is just straight up evil and no one in his or her right mind can ever root for him. And he has a red door, which leads to his creepy room in which, what looked to me, he kept a reanimated dead woman tied to a bed. Like I said, they tried to go for creepy and they succeeded in my mind.

Can they keep it this up? I still highly doubt it. But I'm a glass half-full kinda guy, so cheers Revolution!
More+
Flag
I've discovered the bounty hunter's name is Adam.
Flag
I liked this episode Charlie is coming into her own. She's become a bad ass. Poor miles
Flag
Not to be the wet-blanket--ah fuck it-- what do you mean badass-- she should be dead! A bounty hunter would kill her end of story. She is as badass as arranging your sock draw by the exact hue of colors in each pair of socks. The best part of her character is that she is a mute for most of the episodes now.
Flag
Each to his own
Flag
Didn't they use the whole let's-set-a red-shirt-up-to-die-by-faking-him-into-attempted-assignation-so-I-the evil-villian-can-look-trustworthy trope on Defiant last season. Is Rockne O'Bannon reusing plot points between shows?
Flag
if rachel dies next week with that arrow in her heart and comes back to life then yeah they all have healing powers of nanites in them, could explain why they didnt care to break miles's hand...he is shown later in the season fighting like nothing is wrong with his hand so....they prob do have nanites in them.
Flag
Just for fun...
Poll
Flag
I thought this was kind of obvious?
It is a bio-energy source, not artificial and not affected by the nanites.
They will probably use it as some kind of new electricity.
Flag
Right-- they've got everyone in the town attached to the Matrix generator? Or, maybe they are in the Matrix? Now that would actually explain everything.
Flag
the souls of all of season 1 viewers?
Flag
Those are very much alive and well, like yours truly, but some are still grumpy as usual.
Flag
And I was so sure watching season 1 was where i lost my soul...
Flag
Sad to hear that. maybe that was when you lost your joy and became grumpy, Grumpyclown.

Flag
Is anybody else still wondering what Mile's bloody shack shenanigans were all about? Was it foreshadowing? His hands were bloody in this episode, and they were bloody in the last episode too.
Flag
You know of course that they only busted up his hand so they can show he can repair himself just like Google-boy Aaron did. I just tried to type google-Boy and the spell check changes it to a capital G. WOW! Maybe GOOGLE is controlling the nano-bytes and the nano-bots too! LOL
Flag
i thought he finger painting and burned the shack because he was unhappy with his art
Flag
Same here they never explained what happened hope they do
Flag
  • Um, so I don't even know what's going on, but I don't care that I don't know what's going on, becuase whatever is actually going on is kinda awesome, or at least entertaining. I'm entertained Revolution. That's all I ever really need.
  • I said it during the premiere and I'll say it now. How many episodes will it take before Charlie and Monroe team up? I mean they have begrudging buddies written all over them. They scream frenemy. I wouldn't even be terribly shocked if they end up having the ultimate hate sex. I mean, because Charlie as she stands is the hybrid of two people Monroe would like to bang the most, Miles and Rachel. Miles couldn't even bring himself to so much as reasonably tussle with Charlie, and dspite all that Miles/Rachel snarky badassery (because she's their illegitimate love child right? I mean, this is established, yes?) she wouldn't have brought herself to really kill Monroe. What purpose would she have after that was done? She likes the haunt. Yeah, I'm just itching for some Charlie and Monroe joining forces or bodies, whichever comes first. It is bound to be entertaining as I don't know what.
  • Bounty Hunter Dude was interesante. Not muy interesante pero interesante nonetheless. I wonder how long he'll last and what purpose he serves.
  • I hate that all the kinda cool badass people were so easily held captive. Monroe, Miles, Charlie...C'mon folks?! Really?!
  • Neville is the freaking best! He's on the path to being an anti-hero but he still goes about it like a true villain I love this guy because he just stays true to what he is. His character is guaranteed entertainment all the freaking time.
  • So Aaron is alive, and thousands of rats are not. Welp. Not much on that home front other than the stereotypical faith vs. science thing between him and his lady friend. While I was disinterested in that usual battle, I understood is irritation with her sharing his info with the preacher, because...noneya.
  • Oh my goodness, I wouldn't mind the pop culture references so much if it were plausible that the people they are directing them too wouldn't actually know them. But when you're talking to a 40 year old dude, and he's like "huh. Meet the Press?" or "Who is Chuck Norris? Walker Texas Ranger?" It's just too darn much. Dude, you're 100. You should know these. There aren't even obscure pop culture refs for crying out loud.
  • I am definitely intrigued with this Patriot thing. Those folks are crazy shady. Crazy shady. I don't understand why no one outside of Neville isn't questioning that. But eh...can't wait to see how that carries on and how the Secretary lady is connected to the war clan dudes.

More+
Flag
" the ultimate hate sex" is the best kind of hate sex
Flag
Right?!
Flag
I was kinda shipping Charlie and Bass in the swimming pool, as well. But feeling like a louse for doing it, what with their whole age difference and the Monroe-killed-my-Brother-and-is-responsible-for-my-Dad's-death-and-held-my-Mom-captive-for-15-ish-years thing.
Flag
We'll be louses together. There was a thing there. There was a definite thing. I couldn't ignore it and it feels like something they'd go for even if it shouldn't make sense on paper. Hell, if they could convince millions of kids that Beauty and the Beast is acceptable than why not some Monroe/Charlie hate sex? Just an observation, I'm not much of a shipper.
Flag
Ha, now the makers have a problem to repair the chemistry that was there by accident. Wonder what will happen......
Flag
Bwaha! I don't know, they still haven't necessairly resolved the unrequited lust Monroe has for Miles, now have they? Transference.
Flag
The Walker Texas Ranger reference was hilarious, classic Kripke.
Flag
I don't get why people think season 2 started off so much better than season 1... I think it is still going strong, because season 1 was not bad to start with.

The one thing I wish is for Charlie to get killed off... Just a shame she is such a main character, because she is the only character I really can't stand. Worst actress I've seen in a long time.

I LOVED the Walker, Texas Ranger reference. It was hilarious! :D

I HOPE there was something to Aaron's hallucination of Ben.
Flag
Think of Charlie as a new character, that's what I'm trying to do. Ik like her being more badass. The fact that she has more then one facial expression really adds to that. She seems human now.

Last season one of the main attractions was her being slapped in the face. I find myself not wanting/waiting for in that way anymore. Don't mind her being injured in some way in some fight, but those stupid slaps do not fit anymore.
Flag
I still wait for that... Her badassery is precisely what annoys me the most. That, and I still see no facial expression.
Flag
Tsk, Tim. Now you spoiled a part of the flashback that might only be showed at another time, or was just cut out for whatever reason. Basing one's reviews on these pre-aired versions of episodes is a risky business.

I'm not yet convinced that Revolution has really undergone, well, a revolution, but there have been clear signs of improvement. Many characters are considerably more watchable now.

Some of the old ludicrousness is still there, however. Or at least that's what I'm going to think of Aaron's vision until the show proves me otherwise. If it has some meaning down the line, great, I'll owe the writers an apology. But if it was just thrown out for the sake of it (because cheap TV shows like to have their characters experience literal images of dead people and various other silly phenomena), then shame on you, Revolution. It's no more forgivable just because Aaron himself tried to blame it on his partially malfunctioning brain.
Miles getting captured, escaping, and then letting himself get captured again is really growing old, too. How on earth is this guy still alive? I wondered the same in the series premiere, where he didn't even attempt to run away from the enemies who had no guns and didn't have him completely surrounded. But hey, at least this time there might be some lasting consequences. He won't make it out completely without a scratch, unless his broken hand(-s) heal over an episode.
Charlie was being kind of noobish again, letting herself get shot. I guess the girl learns really slowly.

While it was abundantly clear that Monroe would escape, at least he had a little square off with Charlie. And at least it played out in a realistic way. He took her out easily, and could've hurt her much more if he wanted to. But he didn't, which in a way fits in line with his character.
I do have to wonder, however, what these bounty hunters were doing. They were chasing him together, then conveniently split to arrive one after another, just so Monroe would have an easy time taking them out. Too overdone.

I enjoy watching Neville. It was such a typical manipulative move for him, to use someone and then murder them in cold blood just to meet his own ends. At least he might be going after bad guys this time...
Rachel was also much better when she wasn't so stricken with survivor's guilt and tried to act.

For now I find the whole cultist base concept rather silly (along with a headmaster pedophile in charge), and the remnants of U.S. government apparently having some sort of connection to this rather weird. But we'll see.
I guess there's an explanation to Aaron's resurrection and other odd phenomena (that carpet of poor rats was rather unsettling) coming down the line. Hopefully it won't be a cheap one. It's still hard for me to forgive Kripke for pulling Ben Edlund out of Supernatural, so there better be at least a tiny payback in terms of interesting writing.
More+
Flag
The symbol is the 'all seeing eye" same as on US currency. Not sure what the letter says since I do not read Arabic. Also there is one other thread in the story I hope they wrap up soon. Who/What was in the shed Miles burned in the first episode of season two.
Flag
Its also a symbol for the free masons
Flag
This show is getting weirder and weirder and i love that.. The Walker Texas Rangers joke crack me up. The show feels more like a Kripkeverse show.

Flag
It's also very Rockne O'Bannon. Farscape was full of pop culture reference jokes. Just sayin'. :)
Flag
You're right, i forget about the Farscape/Cult guy. My Mistake ;)
Flag
did anyone else think, prior to this episode, that rachel had caused the blackout, that she did it to save danny? the nanites, evidently, were the only thing keeping him alive - i really think this is what the writers had in mind the first season, and it made me furious - any character that would do something so moronic is not worth following - here's a shot of her at her computer during the first episode - what's she up to?

Flag
here's a shot of her at her computer during the first episode - what's she up to? = filling out an online dating profile
Flag
now i think the blackout was a radical islamist terrorist plot, maybe with some illuminati involvement - much better
Flag
This show is no joking anymore! It cannot be that aftet these two episodes the come back to the level of prior year, that just not possible... right?

I like the way the show is laughing at its prior self now, in these lines from Aaron at the others. Oh, but Aaron didn't change all that much, did he, after his resurrection? Maybe too early to tell...
Flag
This was a very solid episode. The minimalist approach is working wonders for the show. Miles getting Jamie Lannister'd was absolutely shocking. The will that Revolution is showing to ground these characters is remarkable.

I don't think they showed the characters waking up 12 hours later on tv. You must have seen a special cut of the episode, Tim.

And what's up with the dead rats? Did the recent blackout cause the characters who were in the Tower to get weird abilities or something? (I'm just thinking out loud here) Since the balance of this world was shaken after the recent blackout, I think the rats are dead because they gave their life force to Aaron somehow.

One thing I don't want is Monroe hooking up with Charlie. Seriously, just no. I'm loving Charlie and I'd be excited if they team up somehow, but just no hooking up please.

I'm not getting sick of the old movie jokes at all since I barely catch half of them.
Flag
Okay, who are you and what did you do with the real Surette - or are YOU the real one and the other one was the imposter, or even evil twin? Okay forget I said that - I like this surette and want him to stay, so I won't blow his cover. I'm going down this route because I agree with everything he said; which would be unheard of with the other one. When you compare this season (so far) of revolution, it shows the first one for the (entertaining and hilarious) madness it was.

I REALLY want Munroe to hook up with Charlie and for them to finally team up with all the others to overthrow the 'Big Bad' in some way - sort of the amazing race to one spot and then a eureka 'oh right, so we're ALL against them then; let's become the REBELS!" moment.
Flag
Important Question: So Should I start watching revolution now ? Is it worth it to go through the first season worth of abhorrent television to witness the populist comeback story of the second ?
Flag
The first season wast that bad I enjoyed it and it gives you a good understanding of we're the main characters are now in season 2. Definite worth the watch
Flag
You can try the first few episodes, it will at least get you familiar with the world so you're not totally lost. But I didn't watch most of season 1, it lost my interest early on, I've really enjoyed the past two episodes though so my advise is try season one and if you don't like it then skip right to season 2, enough is explained in the "last season on..." thing that you don't need to know everything.
Flag
Did anyone else catch the Illuminati symbol on the letter? Has anyone deciphered it yet?
Flag
YU GI OH!!!!
Flag
Nope I did not see that - but I will go back and frame by frame it.....I bet I won't be alone either; I'm pretty sure someone will crack it. :)
Flag
OMG, this is the first Revolution episode ever where I'm looking out for the next one. Although I enjoyed the idiocracy of last year, I enjoy it more when it is a really good SF-series. Agree with you TIm, Charlie turned from cute to hot and badass this series.

BTW, I didn't see the scene '12 hours later when everyone who was downstairs suddenly appeared upstairs on the grass'. So either I missed something or your screener got an extra scene. Hope we get it next week.
Flag
I was wondering about that one as well...
Flag
Very, very important question. Can someone tell me from which episode the picture in this article that shows a catatonic Rachel with Miles and Aaron next to her, was taken from? 'Cause I've watched both new episodes and I honestly have seen no such scene! There are other pictures that show Miles and Charlie in a field, as well as another one that shows Charlie waking in the field with Papa Neville a few meters back coming to as well. Has this scene not been shown yet? And if yes, why is that pictures of it are feautered in every review of this episode(that I have read) and are also stated to be screenshots of this episode in IMDB? Please someone help. Please! I really want to watch this scene! Thank You.
Flag
So we don't know who the women in the bed in the last shot is right? She hasn't appeared before this episode?
Flag
Revolution is super intense this season and I am loving it! Elements do kind of smack of The Walking Dead though... I keep expecting walkers to emerge from the forrest...
Flag
Did anyone else notice the chemistry between Monroe and Charlie or was that just my imagination? I know it will probably never happen because how would they pull that off & he's double her age, but it is Revolution so you never know...
Flag
I was a little worried that it was all in my mind too, happy to know I'm not the only one - She just getting all slutty in the first episode next to scenes of Monroe shirtless in the fight club, it wasn't a coincidence then.
Flag
Yeah, I can't decide if that's where they're going or not, and I also can't decide if I would like it or not lol. I do think I could buy it from Charlie this season, whereas last season she would have seemed too childish.
Flag
I agree! I noticed it on the previous episode..the fight club scene. But I also think David Lyons has chemistry with everybody...I hope they come together!
Flag
Also, how come nobody noticed Revolution Daryl, the guy with the crossbow standing on the fence? I liked him more than Daryl
Flag
Totally fine with old times jokes!!
Flag
1. I love Zombie Google Guy! He's got the best lines.

Elizabeth: How are you feeling?
Zombie Google Guy: For a dead guy - ok. Little dehydrated, hungry for brains.

The Priest Guy: God has touched you, son.
Zombie Google Guy: Yay!!!!!

2. Vermin killing fields! Looks like the Grim Squeaker (aka The Death of Rats) had a very busy night,

3. What's Her Name found a new boy toy - good for her, I guess.

4. Chuck Norris is the mythical hero of Revolution's universe. I'm pretty sure the Roundhouse Kick is the first thing you learn in school there.

5. Poor Budget Han Solo's Hand :(

6. The Ghostbusters - now, that was an epic movie.

7. Zombie Google Guy has developed the Sixth Sense. He sees Dead People now.

8. Rachel didn't kill anyone. I'm sad :(
Flag
+10^infinity for Pratchett reference.
Flag
Another Discworld fan!!! Yay!!!
Flag
For me this show just keeps getting weirder and weirder.
Flag
I assume that also means beter and better?
Flag
i don't see it getting any better, i will give it 2 more episodes until i stop seeing it for good.
Flag
I'll take Weird instead of Stupid any day.
Flag
I know what you mean.
Flag
No I haven't read the review yet, but seeing some of the comments I am surprised - on my own. Because to me this seems the most clueless, ugliest episodes of history of ugliest episodes of Revolution, and this is me being very polite.

No, it is not because of Mr. Google returned from death, somehow I knew it and it didn't surprise me much last week at the ending. However I thought it was the Dr. I-will-kill-you-all.

Talking about killing, I was hoping our good-Sheriff will become an important and active character, but someone saved his soul.

Out of 4 story lines that I can think of, the better one was son-and-dad-in-search-of-their-lady-now-after-revenge. And yes love every thing coming out of Milles. Either he is writing his own lines or someone out of the world writing for him.

Story flaws? I can't think of much, maybe because they were blood-coated too much? Throughout the episode I felt if they are buying some time to breath for new story to move to,

At the end of my above comment for the show, maybe it is just me not swallowing the sudden change of characters and nature of show, but I never felt that reaction before for any worst shows.
More+
Flag
Miles is always the best part of the show.
Flag
It's a different style - much darker and grittier. I'm not usually fond of this kind of setting but so far it works in Revolution.
Flag
I agree, yes much much darker.
Flag
Cant believe this is the same show as last season. I fucking gave up around mid season 1 but this is far more interesting especially the violence and the fact that the shows actually going somewhere that makes sense.
Flag
I've been really confused because I always expect to be disappointed by Revolution and that hasn't been the case with the last two episodes.
Flag
I have enjoyed the last two episodes more than I didn half of the ones from last season. Posr re-blackout Miles is still the best character. He spent last season surrounded by people who simply got in his way every single episode. So he is on his own, for now, and I am hoping he stays that way for a while, And having said that I liked seeing that he gained back enough of his humanity to try to help the woman in the cage instead of just bolting.
Still don't care for or about Rachel. Wouldnt mind seeing her character bite a bullet and not be resurrected.
Aaron is still a bit annoying, but the writers clearly need a character who will verbalize the plot twists and reminders they feel the aaudience might have missed and he fits the bill. And frankly Zak Orth is funny. But if his character ends up being a cog in some long ago plan by Ben to control the nanites after the blackout I am done with this show. They clearly dumbed Ben down in favor of rachel last season, and if they try to make him seem like a mastermind from the past now it will be too much.
I like the new Charlie too. She spent too much time chasing around after Miles and the gang last year in her little quest for Danny, but had nothing to really offer but dumb luck. So maybe some time on the road in the world she was sheltered from will give her some skills and perspective. Also, she is looking hotter, or maybe that is just me.
My only concern is the whole god and religion being used as foils for logic. Don't get me wrong, if the lights actually did go out, the first place I would expect to see spiritual fanatics having a bigger impact than the scientists who are also wandering around, it would be Texas. But since we know what AAron and the gang know about the nanites, having a group who keep trying to persuade him that it was God instead makes them seem like buffoons. So I hope the writers don't harp on the idea of religion or faith as being misguided. Or worse, have Aaron start to show signs of being a spiritual convert.
More+
Flag
I am curious how it is you Tim didn't call most of this episode a Deus Ex Machina and totally craptastic??? What happened now that it has going full blown wannabe Supernatural your are happy with it? I for one think the season and the episodes are getting worse by the moment. But I would to know why all of the same problems with logic and stupidity you seem to be willing to over look this season?

Anyone else want to know this question?

http://revolutiontvshow.com/forums/viewforum.php?f=10&sid=3fdb0c1aaab504c9eb6128c9f28fa68b

Flag
Did anyone else catch the Game of Thrones reference when Miles got his hand smashed?
Flag
Yeah, my mom goes 'I thought they were gonna cut off his hand like Jaime!' LOL
Flag
Not just Game of thrones. Tim mentioned all the other references too
Flag
So I should consider putting down the haterade I was forced to drink during the first season, and actually give the show another look?
Flag
You should definitely come back and join the dark side.
Flag
We just need another drinking game now I suppose.
Flag
What are we to make of the US Govt - Titus clan communication and the Arabic message?
Flag
i think the whole blackout was an radical islamist terrorist plot - they used the backdoor in aaron's tower code to cause the nanites to malfunction - at first i thought rachel did this to save her son danny - (the nanites were the only thing keeping him alive) - and maybe the season one writers had this in mind, too - but now i think it was a terrorist operation
Flag
It was pretty good...the ptc is going to make nbc move it soon...

I'm glad the guy is causing you guys to question the hair issue we females always have in these shows...going with my last week Supernatural thing clearly he will be the Dean. I don't think he introduced himself so I'm all for calling him...Bean until he cheerfully tries to engage Charlie into joining up since he likely picked up her name (though I'm guessing he heard Charlotte and won't let it go but it'll be cuter than the creepy way Monroe does).
Flag
It was a bit down from last week but a very solid episode - which makes it an improvement on most of season 1.
*Aaron telling the kids Ghostbusters as a story was ripped off from Reign of Fire, where they re enact Star Wars for kiddies as a bed time story
*Aaron hallucination was a weak point for me - would have preferred subtle things like a few bugs or animals acting weird around him
*Charlie has now gone 2 weeks without a head wound - those health and safety courses during the off season seem to have helped.
*Monroe to Charlie -"Maybe Miles has a right to talk to me like that....maybe, but not you" = awww, the unrequited love still burns
*Miles is apparently at a shoddy blood drive - i assume they are doing transfusions for the pale woman. This also explains checking blood on that piece of card.
*Creepy pedo in charge of a gang with no morality - that will always end in a good way....wont it?
*The carpet of dead rats - I HATE all rodents - was i the only one thinking they were going to come back to life?
More+
Flag
I also thought this episode was even better than the much-improved premiere. I'm liking the old world references; the one about Walker, Texas Ranger was the best.

I'm also really liking Charlie so far, which I'm very happy about. She was just so boring before. I'm really hoping she and Monroe do eventually team up, while simultaneously wondering how in the hell that will happen. I think you're right that the Patriots could be involved, especially since bounty hunter dude is working for them. Maybe Charlie will realize what bad news those guys are, find out some awful secret about them, that will force her to help Monroe or something. I think I may actually be most interested in that storyline, which is crazy.

Neville continues to be a BAMF. It was such a dick move, yet I was totally impressed.

I'm still not very interested in Aaron, to be honest, though I am interested in whatever weirdness is going on with him. I just don't really care about him personally.
Flag
I agree 100% with you I'm really hoping that they will team up as they have a fun chemistry. I like bounty hunter guy I think he will warm to Charlie and it will be fun to find out where that goes
Flag
Load More Comments
Follow this Show
Members