Revolution Forums

NBC (ended 2014)

101 "Pilot" - Episode Discussion Thread

Nickylucas

[1]Sep 4, 2012
    • level: 23

Hello everyone. The biggest new show of the season is coming out in 2 weeks, and it has massive hype surrounding it. NBC is very confident with the show apparently, because they gave us a preview of the show on their website. You can watch the full episode and discuss it here before the show officially premieres. Enjoy everyone.

http://www.nbc.com/revolution/video/pilot/1415378

Edited on 09/04/2012 1:35pm
    Edited 2 total times.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

antdude

[2]Sep 5, 2012
    • level: 27
    http://www.hulu.com/watch/397518 as well.

I watched it. It was OK. Not great. It reminded me of Jericho.

In the end of the episode, I found its computer's communication part funny:

Ksh (Linux/UNIX), cserve (CompuServe?), dial-up ( AT OK-AT-OK ATZ OK-AT-OK ... ATS0=0 Q0 V1 &C1&D2&K0&M4&R2&h1&I0' OK-AT-OK ATDT08450801000 CONNECT), etc.

I wonder if that phone number is even valid.
    Edited on 09/05/2012 7:03am

ArnoldRimmer1

[3]Sep 5, 2012
    • level: 3

More like http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jeremiah_%28TV_series%29

Kromdale

[4]Sep 5, 2012
    • level: 4

Well if they are trying to leech off of Hunger Games, this gal isnt. So with all the anarchy, militias and other evils of a lawless society out there, we still can find a tomboy girl with the brains of an ant. Lets go roam the wilds alone cause im a badass girl with a xbow. Lets get water alone away from camp without my xbow and without telling anyone cause im scripted not to die. At least her step mom has a clue. Great job with the tainted booze. Risky if they dont all drink but better then going meekly.

Too bad they didnt come up with a reason gunpowder didnt work too. As it is, all those armories in the US still have the pistols, guns, rifles, machine guns, mortars, bombs, grenades and artillery still around to be used up. Have to wonder why the general would want electricity back. Tanks? you still need to fuel them and do maintence. Jets, see tanks. Gliders with grenades would work in a pinch and not require electricity. Just find it hard to believe with all the excessive amounts of weapons in the US in National Guard armories, Law Enforcement agencies, normal gun shops and the occasional gun nut that guns wouldnt be more common in the militias hands. Must have been one hell of a war to revert back to muzzle loaders.

Be interesting to see why whoever cut the cord was planning on. Back to nature, population control, save mother earth.

Nickylucas

[5]Sep 6, 2012
    • level: 23

I agree. I think the show still has potential to be good, but they need better characters, less cheesy lines, and less plot holes. This show has so much potential for a 5-6 year long Emmy winner, but it doesn't look like it'll even get a full first season order, if they don't increase quality real soon.

wiggle47

[6]Sep 6, 2012
    • level: 13

Thanks for mentioning.

sorry but it Sucks Major!!!

Same like Terra Nova but much worser.

PelleLbergh

[7]Sep 6, 2012
    • level: 2
    I thought it was excellent.

Papilloni

[8]Sep 6, 2012
    • level: 5
    As with Terra Nova, I wonder what the target audience for this show may be. 16 year old girls who like to play with xbows in the woods and dress up like the Last of the Mohicans?

First episode and the characters bore me to death already. All of them just clichés. The worst, as always, horribly boring stupid kids. But Mr. Google and Mr. I-Kill-an-Army-with-One-Hand aren't any better either. They are just stupid and do only stupid things to prove it.

And the show doesn't even have dinosaurs.

ELMarcel

[10]Sep 7, 2012

Papilloni wrote:
    As with Terra Nova, I wonder what the target audience for this show may be. 16 year old girls who like to play with xbows in the woods and dress up like the Last of the Mohicans? First episode and the characters bore me to death already. All of them just clichés. The worst, as always, horribly boring stupid kids. But Mr. Google and Mr. I-Kill-an-Army-with-One-Hand aren't any better either. They are just stupid and do only stupid things to prove it. And the show doesn't even have dinosaurs.

Right on target. Without dinos, no dice.

Another good plot that is wasted with cliches, bad acting, clumsy dialogue and implausible situations. Can it gets better, but I doubt it. And to think that these 'hungry' networks canceled tv shows such as ''The Event'', "Flash Forward'' and (even)'' Terra Nova'' ....
    Is it possible that we will only have good sci-fi on clabe?

MrWolfy

[11]Sep 7, 2012
    • level: 1

What i would like to know is, if all the electricity is turned off what has happened to all the nuclear power stations in the world, surely they would have gone critical and the world would be in the middle of a nuclear winter. Plus what about all the renewable energy schemes that are in place like solar, wind and tidal are they effected by this so called switch off. They had better come up with some plausible reason for the switch off and not some "alien intervention or magical happening".

Edited on 09/07/2012 9:55am

Tvking00

[12]Sep 8, 2012

I liked this episode but it wasn't spectacular its a 7/10 basically, I didn't like the brothers acting I kinda felt he was unnecessary but the uncle is cool. I don't understand why the main character has to be the girl though, I though the dad would've been the better main character instead but it is what it is I guess. P.S. Why do all the character in this show look so clean, I know losing all electricity doesn't eliminate baths but still the women have curly hair, clean faces with make up and skinny jeans. That one guy has a tight shirt that he got from the womens section why can't the characters look more like the Falling Skies skies cast or even LOST cast instead of Terra Nova.

Edited on 09/08/2012 7:13am

SimonMurraygi

[13]Sep 9, 2012
    • level: 1

It gat my intrest, I'll keep watching this.

I like the google guy and the young man with the bow who plays the role of the elf basically.

Edited on 09/09/2012 2:30pm

mattgus

[14]Sep 9, 2012
    • level: 14
    Tim Guinee is one of the reasons i am interested in this series...he has been a fine actor for a long time. had a great sci fy series ten yrs ago that was a one yr hit kind of thing that i saw in rerun...everything he has done is exceptional...those of us who have noticed what a fine actor he is have been waiting for his chance to do more than guest star. i hope this works for him. his talent should be seen and enjoyed more than just a chance guest role....these are alot of actors out there like him...some get series after sreies bcause they only care about us tuning in and after all they have to care about that. i wish we people were not such sheepole ...anyway good for him...

Slammed

[15]Sep 10, 2012
    Just watched the pilot episode there's potential there but they need to keep it going and not let it bore us or slip to much,
    I did enjoy it and will look forward to seeing the next episode see how it goes.

piet8724

[16]Sep 10, 2012
    • level: 10
    Very bad, stupid. It was a good subject but they did nothing with it!

djsumguy

[17]Sep 11, 2012
    • level: 6

Pure fromage

Yaspaa

[19]Sep 11, 2012
    • level: 79
    I thought the episode was fine. There are plenty of reality shows to pick on, this at least has potential. Not really seeing the cheese either, One Tree Hill yes, this... no.

fifilein

[20]Sep 11, 2012

Papilloni wrote:
    As with Terra Nova, I wonder what the target audience for this show may be. 16 year old girls who like to play with xbows in the woods and dress up like the Last of the Mohicans?

lol, you are getting something wrong here, they didnt put in the16yr old hottie for the girls, they put it in for the male demographic. works for me.

like the sarah connor principles, or how would sheldon cooper say: "why would skynet bother to create a hot 16year old killer robot" :-)

regarding the show, it looks like we will see a lot of unbelievable stuff again.