Revolution Forums

NBC (ended 2014)

101 "Pilot" - Episode Discussion Thread

Bicketybam

[21]Sep 11, 2012
    • level: 5

The basic plot is interesting, their execution of the story is eye rolling though.

Tvking00 wrote:

P.S. Why do all the character in this show look so clean, I know losing all electricity doesn't eliminate baths but still the women have curly hair, clean faces with make up and skinny jeans. That one guy has a tight shirt that he got from the womens section why can't the characters look more like the Falling Skies skies cast or even LOST cast instead of Terra Nova.

One of the first things I noticed when she went to get water. Her skin was beautiful and clean, her clothes brand new and clean as well. Same with the guy. Ahhhh where's the dirt and grime that would expect to go with not having a shower every night or having your clothes laundered every day.

Still these things I suppose I can forgive as just one of those details that got over looked.

What I am waiting for his how they explain that (1) How does a USB key provides the power it does to the computer and more importantly, while sure I can 'believe' that there might be a similar device at the other end of the line for the other computer to respond to, but (2) how the hell do they explain the fact that there would also have to be power at each of the telephone exchange(s) between both computers? Ooooh it's magic! The world went dark but telecommunications still work for those with special usb keys.

Suspension of belief is one thing but that's just ridiculous. This show will die the same way as the power did unless there is some major changes.

I'll watch it, as I watch all the shows but I can't see it lasting. I think what these shows really need is for them to stay in contact with their audience and make changes as needed rather then just blasting away with how they want it to look.

And finally, since it's been 15 years since going dark... have they totally forgotten how we got to the electrical age in the first place? We went through steam and gas, where is all that? Also, not being American I don't know, but would this mean that the Amish suddenly become the most powerful considering nothing would have changed for them? They wouldn't have to adjust to any changes like the rest of the world... Wink

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

IdiotBoxx

[22]Sep 12, 2012
    • level: 10

It is now available for free on Xbox Video/Zune.

http://marketplace.xbox.com/en-US/TVShow/Revolution/Season/1/c52fa9fe-afda-4868-adfa-30007546a7fc

Edited on 09/12/2012 8:27pm
    Edited 2 total times.

zeddyp

[23]Sep 14, 2012
    • level: 9
    ugh....this show had a bit of a cool concept when I first heard about it...but dear god the acting dialog and delivery of the plot is just...god awful (other than Giancarlo Esposito the acting is especially horrendous)

I'm praying the pilot just had a terrible director and the next episodes will be better...but I doubt it

Mysterv

[24]Sep 15, 2012

I am concerned with the bad fan reviews so far. Haven't watched it online... will wait to DVR it.

I am a Sci-Fi junkie so I will be watching Revolution in any case.

Comparisons to Terra Nova are scary. I would settle for Falling Skies or 'V' quality but hope they can get it right.

Seems that Sci-Fi shows have gotten juvenile and soft in the last couple of years. Of course the good shows like Firefly and Sara Conner Chronicles got cancelled so maybe it doesn't matter to the powers that be.

Now to actually see the show...

mattgus

[25]Sep 17, 2012
    • level: 14
    as i watch the 1st piece of violence(one of many im sure i wonder why on earth would the 2 with weapons not shoot the guy in charge...jeeeezzzzz....then like many others i think of jerico and jerimiah a sci fi 3 yr series with luke perry and malcolm jamal warner...and hunger games and.....i guess like most things this has been done b/4...and i dont care i would have fought to the death b/4 i would have left PERIOD!!!!!!!! so instead of feeling entertained im already pissed off...not a great way to begin another series...why they wont just leave the sched alone instead of canc everything so soon and then every yr we endure how many shows that dont make it...you dont know which ones they are so you watch and waste alot of time...this could end up being ok,but i can think of alot of canc sreies i would like to be watching...we will have to see....

mattgus

[26]Sep 17, 2012
    • level: 14
    trying to remember if and when i posted twice on a pilot....but i counted 13 to 15 men some with guns and many with bows aganist one man and at the end a smallishwoman and a guy who is billed as not the athletic type,brave but not a fighter...they are all malitia...these were farmers...so we are suppose go into i'm watching a superhero fantasy or what? it is confusing,esp since the guy who took almost eveybody out is a middle-aged heavy drinker...just saying...oh and the only survivor is the guy who was"undercover" so to speak...maybe he will come to thier side because monroe will kill him for being a failure. just saying... and they introduced us to monroe in the begining...cheap thrills...i think we deserve better...even the beautiful blk woman in the attic is reminicent to the guy with all the info in the basement in jerico...hmmmm

haldrey

[27]Sep 18, 2012
    • level: 22
    Great potential although the first episode was so so. Nevertheless the final scene promised good things to come. I hope they do not bury its potential like they did with Terra nova.

watcher1006

[28]Sep 18, 2012

The overnight Nielsen ratings for the pilot were strong but the potential draw of the series remains to be shown. After all the show started early this season. Last night Monday at 10:00 Eastern had no real competition for NBC and the level of hype leading up to the premiere was so huge that I think at least some people had to just see what it was all about. The real test will come next week when the other networks start their shows and when this week's viewers will have had a chance to judge what they've seen.

It wasn't awful but I don't think it was impressive either. Come on, this show has to get some real life into the principal characters and make people care about their stories. And the basic post-apocalyptic premise is nothing new.

phonzee101

[29]Sep 18, 2012
    • level: 13

Personally I felt this Pilot episode was rushed. They tried to covet to many things at once. I hope the writers did better in the next episodes.

EJamison

[30]Sep 18, 2012
    • level: 17

I expect that the show won't last long enough for me to learn what caused the blackout or what prevented a recovery, but I'll probably watch anyways. Swordfights don't interest me.

Seemed odd that the first person Charlie asks about her uncle turns out to be her uncle, yet the people hunting for him hadn't made any progress. They couldn't find a girl who could say the secret words, "I'm your niece"?

Bytor65

[31]Sep 18, 2012
    • level: 6
    Well IMO this is toast, it is another "Terra Nova".

It seems some TV execs want to aim at the twilight demographic, so they have quotas for dim-witted teenagers.

Look at "Lost" count the dim-witted teenagers. Zero = Great Show
    Look at "Person of Interest" Also zero dim-witted teens = Very Good Show.

Now look at "Terra Nova" and "Revolution". Both have dim witted teens and I want to change the channel when they have screen time. It helps ruin both shows. Message to JJ Abrams, next time they insist on a show with dim-witted teens, just walk away.

watcher1006

[32]Sep 19, 2012

Bytor65 wrote:
    Well IMO this is toast, it is another "Terra Nova". It seems some TV execs want to aim at the twilight demographic, so they have quotas for dim-witted teenagers. Look at "Lost" count the dim-witted teenagers. Zero = Great Show Look at "Person of Interest" Also zero dim-witted teens = Very Good Show. Now look at "Terra Nova" and "Revolution". Both have dim witted teens and I want to change the channel when they have screen time. It helps ruin both shows. Message to JJ Abrams, next time they insist on a show with dim-witted teens, just walk away.
    Aiming at the Twilight demographic - agreed, but I think that the recent work that they are most trying to ride off of is The Hunger Games with the post-apocalypse setting and the teenage protagonists. Why she even has a bow! Well okay, X-bow. The hurdle is that they have to make those protagonists people that the audience can really be interested in.

RobertDiaz0

[33]Sep 19, 2012

I actually liked the pilot episode, though it wasn't necessarily a fresh and innovative new concept. I saw some comparing it to Terra Nova? Huh? Terra Nova was full of cheese moments, gimmie a break.

One thing though, is it just me or is Revolution picking up right where Jericho left off?

KasenStuff

[34]Sep 20, 2012
    MrWolfy wrote:

What i would like to know is, if all the electricity is turned off what has happened to all the nuclear power stations in the world, surely they would have gone critical and the world would be in the middle of a nuclear winter. Plus what about all the renewable energy schemes that are in place like solar, wind and tidal are they effected by this so called switch off. They had better come up with some plausible reason for the switch off and not some "alien intervention or magical happening".

Yeah this was my problem with the episode as well... We have all access to that stuff... How the hell does that not work either???

Sugar2U

[35]Sep 20, 2012
    I agree with what U said... Humans did not invent electricity so WHY would it all go off.. i mean water is still an electrical conduit and wind and solar power and ya Nuclear energy and and and... I know thiis is FICTION but come on it has to be based on some logical explanation if this show is based on earth. ( sci fi based on a fictional planet anything can happen ) BUT if on earth the laws of physics still have to apply. Electricity is on earth. Humans learned to harness it. I like the show but if these are not answered then it will be a Terra Nova, Flash Forward all over again.

Sugar2U

[36]Sep 20, 2012
    haha Good point about the Amish... they WIN lol
    AND yes STEAM AND WIND AND SOLAR allllll work as a powere source... I really wan t this show to work but sooo many holes...

Kromdale

[37]Sep 22, 2012
    • level: 4

Sugar2U wrote:
    haha Good point about the Amish... they WIN lol AND yes STEAM AND WIND AND SOLAR allllll work as a powere source... I really wan t this show to work but sooo many holes...

Actually Amish would lose badly. The big militias would stomp all over them either to get their food or use em as slave farmers. Or even hungry folks who arnt above using force to get food. The Amish, no idea if true, seem to be a non violent folk so it would be hard to see them defending themselves from marauders unless they change that mindset dramatically.

High tech solar power i can't see being a big power source. I would think it takes alot more technology to make solar panels then steam power. Steam power might not be as efficient but its not like its rocket science. But as they say, its only been the first episode.

danharr

[38]Sep 24, 2012
    • level: 45

It was fun if you give the show a few leaps of logic. As some of you already said with the amount of guns in the U.S. it would take more than 15 years for most of us to be unarmed or reduced to glorified flint locks. The girl is dumb trusting strangers or her environment all too easily and what's up with everyone looking so clean. I think this show is going to need a little more Mad Max but I did like the ending, the mystery of the lockets gets deeper.

trekkie778

[39]Sep 24, 2012
    • level: 7

Man, the acting in this show is terrible. Especially the girl child - I find her extremely irroitating.

Dec1964

[40]Sep 25, 2012
    • level: 35

I was sceptical about this show but after

watching the pilot episode i quite like it.