Revolution Forums

Wednesday 8:00 PM on NBCIn Season

101 "Pilot" - Episode Discussion Thread

Dougo13

[41]Sep 30, 2012
    • level: 8
    You people read S.M. Stirling's Change books? This is what Revolution should be. Instead we get an insipid whitewash of good literature. Abrams and Kripke got asked why they seem to be ripping off The Change books but would only say that gunpowder works while in the books, gunpowder doesn't work (so they are familiar with the novels). I then don't understand why they didn't just get Stirling to write the show for them or do Stirling's books and sell it to HBO or some Indy network. Well, I'm enjoying "Lord of Mountains" a lot more than Revolution. I'll probably tune in for a couple more weeks before I make an evaluation as to whether it stays on my viewing schedule or not.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

Dougo13

[42]Sep 30, 2012
    • level: 8
    I sorta like this:

http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Series/Revolution

Though the imdb discussion group is much more lively...

Cheers!

Dec1964

[43]Dec 6, 2012
    • level: 31

Sugar2U wrote:
    I agree with what U said... Humans did not invent electricity so WHY would it all go off.. i mean water is still an electrical conduit and wind and solar power and ya Nuclear energy and and and... I know thiis is FICTION but come on it has to be based on some logical explanation if this show is based on earth. ( sci fi based on a fictional planet anything can happen ) BUT if on earth the laws of physics still have to apply. Electricity is on earth. Humans learned to harness it. I like the show but if these are not answered then it will be a Terra Nova, Flash Forward all over again.

Didn't Benjaman Franklin invent electricity during a thunderstorm with a Kite & a Key.

Albert Einstein invent the Light Globe.

ionee24

[44]Dec 6, 2012
    • level: 32

Truth be told, I wish Revolution could be more lijke The Walking Dead in terms of character interaction, I read the most awesome stuff on another board that pointed out the main problems with the characters:

1) lack of anecdotes or local customs as evidence Charlie and Aaron lived in the same town, Nora & Miles were lovers, Jason is the son of Julia and Tom Neville, etc.

2) lack of realistic roles for love interests/eye candy (Nora, Jason, Rachel as of last episode, etc.)

3) overuse of cliches: brothers-turned-mortal-enemies for Miles & Monore, Romeo-and-Juliet for Charlie and Jason, we-have-a-history-but-we're-not-telling for Miles & Nora and now Miles & Rachel, etc.

4) lack of group dynamic (the Avengers didn't fit but they did interact together, Iron Man had a tight family unit with the people around him, the nrew Stark Trek movie is somwehere in between, etc.)

Edited on 12/06/2012 8:52am