Revolution Forums

NBC (ended 2014)

NBC Official Description

NewSpace

[1]May 14, 2012
    • level: 8

from:http://www.givememyremote.com/remote/2012/05/13/revolution-on-nbc-first-trailer-and-clips/

"Our entire way of life depends on electricity. So what would happen if it just stopped working? Well, one day, like a switch turned off, the world is suddenly thrust back into the dark ages. Planes fall from the sky, hospitals shut down, and communication is impossible. And without any modern technology, who can tell us why? Now, 15 years later, life is back to what it once was long before the industrial revolution: families living in quiet cul-de-sacs, and when the sun goes down lanterns and candles are lit. Life is slower and sweeter. Or is it? On the fringes of small farming communities, danger lurks. And a young woman's life is dramatically changed when a local militia arrives and kills her father, who mysteriously – and unbeknownst to her – had something to do with the blackout. This brutal encounter sets her and two unlikely companions off on a daring coming-of-age journey to find answers about the past in the hopes of reclaiming the future.

From director Jon Favreau ("Iron Man," "Iron Man 2") and the fertile imaginations of J.J. Abrams ("Lost," "Person of Interest") and Eric Kripke ("Supernatural"), comes a surprising "what if" action-adventure series, where an unlikely hero will lead the world out of the dark. Literally. The series stars Billy Burke ("The Twilight Saga"), Tracy Spiridakos ("Being Human"), Anna Lise Phillips ("Terra Nova"), Zak Orth ("Romeo + Juliet), Graham Rogers ("Memphis Beat"), J.D. Pardo ("A Cinderella Story"), Giancarlo Esposito ("Breaking Bad"), David Lyons ("The Cape"), Maria Howell ("The Blind Side"), Tim Guinee ("Iron Man") and Andrea Roth ("Rescue Me"). Kripke, Abrams, Favreau and Bryan Burk ("Lost," "Star Trek") serve as executive

Edited on 05/14/2012 12:32pm
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

AndrewBowman1

[2]May 17, 2012
    • level: 3
    How does the Electricity just disappear? I mean if they had some device that can shut off electricity, would it never thunder and ligthening again? How about any electrical disturbance in space is all that gone too?

What about humans and animals as we actually use electrical signals for are body so shouldn't that not work too if some who all electricity just disappeared with no rhyme or reason?

Kromdale

[3]May 22, 2012
    • level: 4

Will be interesting to see how they explain gunpowder working since that would seem to be a high energy source. Sadly I doubt it will last more then a dozen episodes since the audience of today seem to only watch reality shows and 30 min sitcoms. Here is to hoping that it lasts thru the first season.

lost

[4]Jul 4, 2012
    • level: 4

This show looks awesome! Just don't think of it realistically and it could be great. I just hope it has a good plot and won't turn out to be another Terra Nova. This and the Last Resort are the two new shows I'll be watching this fall. They look awesome based off the trailers! But then again that's what a trailer is supposed to do, so I'll be waiting to watch their pilots. I have high expectations for both of them, but that might not be good thing.

Edited on 07/04/2012 3:37pm
    Edited 2 total times.

KyahCA

[5]Jul 10, 2012
    • level: 6
    This show looks really interesting. I've never seen Terra Nova or any similar shows, so I'm looking forward to how this turns out.

benosalankelley

[6]Aug 31, 2012
    • level: 2

AndrewBowman1 wrote:
    How does the Electricity just disappear? I mean if they had some device that can shut off electricity, would it never thunder and ligthening again? How about any electrical disturbance in space is all that gone too? What about humans and animals as we actually use electrical signals for are body so shouldn't that not work too if some who all electricity just disappeared with no rhyme or reason?

Possibly a solar flare? But the characters would of known that already.

I'm sure it's a big conspiracy, and most of the people like the warlords, etc, made a agreement into Illuminati style to retake over the world, mu ha ha.

ButterMeUp44

[7]Aug 31, 2012
    • level: 2
    AndrewBowman1 wrote:
    How does the Electricity just disappear? I mean if they had some device that can shut off electricity, would it never thunder and ligthening again? How about any electrical disturbance in space is all that gone too?

What about humans and animals as we actually use electrical signals for are body so shouldn't that not work too if some who all electricity just disappeared with no rhyme or reason?

My guess would be EMP. When they say electricity, I assume they are only referring to man-made power. I'm interested in seeing how they explain it.

spyderx5452

[8]Sep 5, 2012
    • level: 11

Having just watched the pilot it seems we're not looking at an EM pulse in the conventional sense. Although assuming they are going to use a 'conventional science' cause my guess would be some sort of continual global magnetic disturbance, but how this would have such little effect other than stopping electricity would be difficult to explain. It seems more likely they're going to use a quasi scientific (or as jj abrams is involved possibly mystical) explanation.

Edited on 09/05/2012 7:55am

KasenStuff

[9]Sep 18, 2012
    • level: 5
    Why must J.J. Abrams use the same image for all his shows?