TV.com will be making changes to the Private Message system the week of Jan 26, 2015. For more information click here

Revolution Forums

NBC (ended 2014)

This show makes no sense...

CrazyAsian1080

[1]Oct 2, 2012
    • level: 7

This show makes no senses and I would be amazed if it gets picked up. Here are some things that MAKE NO SENSE.

How did people forget how to make bullets?

How did people forget how steam power (or combustion engines) work?

How did an entire base of soldiers not have a chain of command? Heck, how did every military base not have a chain of command?

Episode 1

How did no one check for a BRAND?

Episode 2

We need to get the ONE sniper rifle! So lets send someone in with a makeshift gun. Lets NOT use the CROSSBOW we have.

Episode 3

We need to hold this position. Why did the person with the sniper rifle NOT shoot the captain? Pretty sure a sniper range is greater than a parking lot.

WHY would you TATTOO yourself if you are part of the resistance?

Edited on 10/02/2012 2:40pm
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

Yaspaa

[2]Oct 2, 2012
    • level: 79
    Well, give it a chance and we may find out.

palle007

[3]Oct 3, 2012
    • level: 5
    CrazyAsian1080 wrote:

Here are some things that MAKE NO SENSE.

Well, this is television. Must everything make sense?

DanFixx

[4]Oct 5, 2012
    • level: 14

These are indeed some, yes some of the obvious things that I thought of while watching. This show must have looked good on paper [the reason why I still watch], but bringing it to the screen seems to be very difficult.

Does anyone of the big name producers watch an episode before it airs? I got my doubts about it. Especially as most of the faults are so huge, but easily to spot and fix before it's to late. For anyone intelligent and logic that is.

haldrey

[5]Oct 6, 2012
    • level: 22

In TV land a lot of things do not make sense, In this show you can add to your list why did they leave the houses because the lack of power, hey the Amish live in houses with no power! Anyway the show is interesting and should be given a chance.

Edited on 10/08/2012 9:41am

Mistral5

[6]Oct 7, 2012
    • level: 6

This show has a serious case of Terra-Nova-itis...

Great Promise, but urgs... there is still some hope, Falling Skies managed to get better too.

goldtop2007

[7]Oct 7, 2012

I liked the concept of the show and expected much more. There are a lot of logical flaws in the pilot, the writing seems to have been done in a hurry and there's just some magic that's missing. I was hoping for some realism but there's not much of that either. Even LOST was more believable! 4/10

Edited on 10/07/2012 5:03pm

jjdlc

[8]Oct 7, 2012
    • level: 1

So far, I like the show, but there are a lot of things driving me nuts. The show appears to be somewhat based on S.M. Sterling's "Dies the Fire" series of books, but the books do a much better job of getting rid of the power. Not only does electricity quit, but steam no longer "works," water boils, but doesn't build pressure, gas burns, but doesn't explode, and same for gun powder, so no guns.

This creates issues that Revolution doesn't explain. Gun Powder obviously still works, what about steam? Why aren't people using steam powered locomotives? Plenty of them still sitting around. What about diesel? Gas engines require electricity to work, but diesel motors do not, most farm tractors would be fairly easy get running without electricity. At the very least I would expect to see tractors being a closely guarded commodity at those small communities.

There are some other things that hopefully the show will touch on going forward, I'd expect to see wind and water power being used extensively, but they haven't really shown it yet. Also, what happened to the nuclear power plants? Obviously they no longer make electricity, but unless the "event" completely neutralized the nuclear reaction, without their computer controls, most of those plants would have melted down. But like I said, they may still touch on this stuff in the future.

Overall, I think the show shows promise as far as entertainment goes, they just need to be careful when bending the rules of science as their premise.

Merkavar

[9]Oct 9, 2012
    • level: 2

my explaination for most of those issues is that steam power or bullet production require some sort of civilisation but everyone is struggling to survive so food and water and protection is more important so there isnt enough time etc to spend making steam engines or other higher end products.

you just got to not think so hard and enjoy the show.

Edited on 10/09/2012 4:15am

Dec1964

[10]Oct 9, 2012
    • level: 36

haldrey wrote:

In TV land a lot of things do not make sense, In this show you can add to your list why did they leave the houses because the lack of power, hey the Amish live in houses with no power! Anyway the show is interesting and should be given a chance.

I love your comment & totally agree with you, i'll watch the entire 1st season..

Dec1964

[11]Oct 9, 2012

CrazyAsian1080 wrote:

This show makes no senses and I would be amazed if it gets picked up. Here are some things that MAKE NO SENSE.

How did people forget how to make bullets?

How did people forget how steam power (or combustion engines) work?

How did an entire base of soldiers not have a chain of command? Heck, how did every military base not have a chain of command?

Episode 1

How did no one check for a BRAND?

Episode 2

We need to get the ONE sniper rifle! So lets send someone in with a makeshift gun. Lets NOT use the CROSSBOW we have.

Episode 3

We need to hold this position. Why did the person with the sniper rifle NOT shoot the captain? Pretty sure a sniper range is greater than a parking lot.

WHY would you TATTOO yourself if you are part of the resistance?

If everyone dislikes this show so much & picks out each fault with it why watch,

you can turn or switch channels.

Kromdale

[12]Oct 10, 2012
    • level: 4

Its not that we hate the show, i watch it every night so far. Its just that we would like a story that makes sense. This forum lets us share our points of view.

For instance, Think about this. Why did Gen. Monroe send Capt Neville all the way out (since its been at least two weeks so far marching back to the main camp and not looking to be ending anytime soon) to take Ben into custody when he had his wife? If Ben was so important to Monroe, shooting Ben would seem to rank up there with major screw up for Neville. Gen Monroe really wants to know how to turn the power back on but he already has a person for the last 15 years who knows, if not exactly how, mostly how it was done.

How does Gen Monroe know that Capt Neville has her child since its been two weeks and they still havent reached base. Sure the "messenger" could move faster but either the time lines arnt matching or how can he get the message from Capt. Neville in the same episode. Technically its been more then two weeks since that started at the camp a few days after they started looking for her brother and a day after they finally meet Miles so its been two weeks plus 3 or 4 days. Maggie makes it a point while talking to Aaron that its been EXACTLY two weeks to the sec since they last saw Charlie and Miles. That messenger sure can ride.

I personally will continue to watch just so I can see if they answer these questions and the others posted above. We finally see next week that steam engines still work so that answers one question.

TBones22

[13]Oct 10, 2012
    • level: 10

haldrey wrote:

I dont think everyone left the houses. I mean, they did initially, but doesn't Charlie's village reside in a cul-de-sac? Remember, when the power went out it was total chaos and people were using violence to survive. If I had a family to protect I'd get them out of the city and into a suburban or rural area as soon as possible.

Dec1964

[14]Oct 10, 2012

Okay i dont mean to offend anybody here, everyone has their own opinion.

They shot Ben because the people at the camp started firing first so they

killed Ben & took his son instead. Gen: Monroe would know how to turn the

power back on but i doubt he has that pendent & i'm sure Rachel dosen't

have it. Otherwise why would they start to torture her at the end of

episode 4.

Nate must be the messenger & in episode 3 Capt: Neville disappeared for awhile

from base camp. Yes the timeline is not exact & there are so many unanswered

questions.

Why is Miles basically the head of the Militia & who is Randell...? why did Rachel

leave her family to be with Monroe at HQ. Nora knew Miles was head of the

Militia & yet she still stood by him & why would Miles still help them, although

Maggie is dead now & Nate just happens to be around when you least expect him.

I hope we get some answer's to these questions otherwise we will have another

"Lost" show.

Edited on 10/10/2012 3:05pm
    Edited 3 total times.

Dec1964

[15]Oct 10, 2012

TBones22 wrote:

haldrey wrote:

I dont think everyone left the houses. I mean, they did initially, but doesn't Charlie's village reside in a cul-de-sac? Remember, when the power went out it was total chaos and people were using violence to survive. If I had a family to protect I'd get them out of the city and into a suburban or rural area as soon as possible.

I totally agree with you.

DanFixx

[16]Oct 11, 2012

How can Nate be a messenger? Does he carry a pigeon(s) in his back pocket. He says he was tied up for two days. How could he catch up with the group, clean and freshly shaven? How did he even find them without any technology? Pure luck?

And what about Grace? She has a pendant and was EP01&02 cliffhanger. Does anyone remember her???

Dec1964

[17]Oct 11, 2012

DanFixx wrote:

How can Nate be a messenger? Does he carry a pigeon(s) in his back pocket. He says he was tied up for two days. How could he catch up with the group, clean and freshly shaven? How did he even find them without any technology? Pure luck?

And what about Grace? She has a pendant and was EP01&02 cliffhanger. Does anyone remember her???

I never forgot about Grace, i couldn't remember her name.

I dont have all the answer's

DougClark2

[18]Oct 11, 2012
    • level: 3

If everyone dislikes this show so much & picks out each fault with it why watch, you can turn or switch channels.

Normally, I'd agree with you. It drives me nuts when people dump on a show just for the sake of dumping on a show. But Revolutions is so galactically bad that personally, I'm watching because of it's absurdity, not in spite of it. It's terrible on so many levels that it's actually entertaining

DanFixx

[19]Oct 12, 2012
    That's my twisted logic. Just love to hate is and we'll watch. Everybody happy. :-p

Dec1964

[20]Oct 12, 2012

DanFixx wrote:
    That's my twisted logic. Just love to hate is and we'll watch. Everybody happy. :-p

Yes You Are Twisted..