NBC (ended 2014)

This show makes no sense...

palle007

[41]Oct 31, 2012
    • level: 5

DanFixx wrote:
    I'm starting to hate the cararacters and that can't be good.Wink

***SPOILER***

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

Dec1964

[42]Nov 6, 2012
    • level: 33

DanFixx wrote:

EP6 was really REALLY bad. I'm starting to hate the cararacters and that can't be good.

On the good side : they dropped the fake ivy decorations.Wink

Episode 6 was bad, but i just watched epi-7 & it was alot better.

cornerfan

[43]Nov 6, 2012
    • level: 1

The only thing worse than the show is the advertisements they play for each episode. You would think this show won an award or something if you never looked at the reviews here at tv dot com. This show is one big cliche of what anyone that doesn't live in the USA thinks people in the USA are like and prepare for everyday. YeeeHaw.

For the sake of holiness this show must be cancelled immediately.

Dec1964

[44]Nov 9, 2012

NBC is giving this a full season & i hope a season 2.

I love this show.

Hariboctane

[45]Nov 17, 2012

The problem is that my viewing it on hulu atm, even in disdain, ultimately makes it more likely to continue. It's faustian bargain or something like that.

Hariboctane

[46]Nov 17, 2012

I had only seen the pilot, but now I just decided to watch ep6. The problem is that my viewing it on hulu atm, even in disdain, ultimately makes it more likely to continue. It's faustian bargain or something like that.

BenKelley

[47]Nov 17, 2012
    So they're bullding some kind of LHC in that secret underground thing. from the previous latest episode.

Waits for people to give a crap.

Hariboctane

[48]Nov 17, 2012

I feel like I would be living like the Amish at the worst, and if this show made halfway sense, I feel like America would at the very least be back up to third-world status by this point (kinda like World War Z or Dark Angel). So a bunch of shit crashed, blew up, fried out, etc during an EMP. I think I could guaranteed make enough electricity to power my most basic necessities. It would take hard work, not 15 years to not have a USB charger.

Dec1964

[49]Nov 20, 2012

This show i will watch but somewhere done the line its needs to improve alot.

Watching episode- 9, i thought i was on drugs.

Bel-MarduKKK

[50]Nov 26, 2012
    • level: 3
    Idea of show about world without electricity was great. I thought that it will be great to see how people like us will live in world without cars, phones, TV, radio… I guess it would be like going back to Wild West, with revolvers, pony express, steamboats and trains? Instead of that we got some world were first they say there is no government, but then we find out there are few new countries, including the Monroe Republic. We saw only one steam machine and people don’t know how to make bullets because that’s almost like going on the Moon.
    But, all that aside, I thought that characters will be interesting - badass chick, sword waving uncle, ex-Google guy as comic relief. We got girl that grew up in post-apocalyptic world but doesn’t understand what is happening and whines every few minutes, sword waving but boring uncle and not even remotely funny Google guy. In spite of that I hoped it would become better, but episodes 8 and 9 were so bad I thought that was some parody of post-apocalyptic shows. And that’s sad.

ionee24

[51]Nov 27, 2012
    • level: 32

Bel-MarduKKK wrote:
    I thought that characters will be interesting - badass chick, sword waving uncle, ex-Google guy as comic relief. We got girl that grew up in post-apocalyptic world but doesn't understand what is happening and whines every few minutes, sword waving but boring uncle and not even remotely funny Google guy. In spite of that I hoped it would become better, but episodes 8 and 9 were so bad I thought that was some parody of post-apocalyptic shows. And that's sad.

I agree.

My real problem is that Kripke treats this as the next Supernatural when the siblings have mother, uncles, stepmothers, surrogate father(s), friends and foes and, basically, no reason for a co-dependant relationship between them.

Characters like Miles and Aaron have interesting backgrounds but no interaction whatsover, characters like Nora & Jason are hot but have no appeal to the story beyond love interest/potential love interest capacity.

And, whether you have cable or not, modern day audiences have grown too familiar to children that grow up in post-apocalyptic scenarios: it's completely unbelievable/ridiculous to see a 22 year old Charlie act like a brat/toddler after we've seen 13 year old Carl and 16 year old Beth (The Walking Dead), 10 year old Brandon and 13 year old Arya (Game of Thrones), 16 year old Kathinss and Peeta (The Hunger Games) or 17 year old Gendry and 20 year old Jon Snow (Game of thrones).

War children are different, its already bad enough Charlie Matheson doesn't act her age to add a woman who lacks off the cultural differences unique to the society she grew in.

Fix that, stat.

Edited on 11/27/2012 9:14am

dpebbleson

[54]Dec 2, 2012
    • level: 23
    Depends on what kind of sense you're looking for. I think it's a nice story about family, loyalty, power, society. I agree it's flawed with many plotholes, but I don't think they affect the overarching story. We're yet to see change of dynamics between Jason and his father, Monroe's further decline into loneliness and isolation - in fact he's become like a true tyrant in the way in which Plato described them long ago. And yeah, I liked episode 10. If someone doesn't like the show, they shouldn't watch it. Also, maybe there's something bipolar in watching the show and making the effort to go to a forum and then bash it? Some sort of enjoying in not enjoying?

ionee24

[55]Dec 4, 2012

ionee24 wrote:
    My real problem is that Kripke treats this as the next Supernatural when the siblings have mother, uncles, stepmothers, surrogate father(s), friends and foes and, basically, no reason for a co-dependant relationship between them.

Characters like Miles and Aaron have interesting backgrounds but no interaction whatsover, characters like Nora & Jason are hot but have no appeal to the story beyond love interest/potential love interest capacity.

And, whether you have cable or not, modern day audiences have grown too familiar to children that grow up in post-apocalyptic scenarios: it's completely unbelievable/ridiculous to see a 22 year old Charlie act like a brat/toddler after we've seen 13 year old Carl and 16 year old Beth (The Walking Dead), 10 year old Brandon and 13 year old Arya (Game of Thrones), 16 year old Kathinss and Peeta (The Hunger Games) or 17 year old Gendry and 20 year old Jon Snow (Game of thrones).

War children are different, its already bad enough Charlie Matheson doesn't act her age to add a woman who lacks off the cultural differences unique to the society she grew in. Fix that, stat.

dpebbleson wrote:
    Depends on what kind of sense you're looking for. I think it's a nice story about family, loyalty, power, society. I agree it's flawed with many plotholes, but I don't think they affect the overarching story. We're yet to see change of dynamics between Jason and his father, Monroe's further decline into loneliness and isolation - in fact he's become like a true tyrant in the way in which Plato described them long ago. And yeah, I liked episode 10. If someone doesn't like the show, they shouldn't watch it. Also, maybe there's something bipolar in watching the show and making the effort to go to a forum and then bash it? Some sort of enjoying in not enjoying?

I think this is about as good as it gets for Jason's dynamic with his parents, after all, his mother was assaulted in their own home and he was nowhere to be found when it came to stand up with his father, which may be convenient if you're pushing forward the "forbidden love story" between him and Miles's niece but its totally contrived when it comes the Nevile family unit, especially after how awesome their origin story episode was.

Same goes to Miles and Monroe, I actually cared about it back when they were still "brothers" and Miles feared he might care about him more than he cared about his extended family. Now he's the Matherson's lap dog? Why should I bother to care about a friendship that poses no conflict for either one of the parties involved. It would be about as dumb as to care about Aaron's wife after it was established he has a male crush on Charlie or to worry about the Charlie & Jason thing when I know Charlie doesn't care about Aaron any more than Jason cares about his parents.

If there's no conflict then there are no stakes, if there are no stakes involved then I may as well be watching a video game for I'm not invested in the characters.

Edited on 12/04/2012 7:22am
    Edited 2 total times.

DanFixx

[56]Dec 4, 2012
    • level: 14

Well... Surprise! I liked EP10! Maybe there was so much going on, I had no time to think. And I do Love feisty Rachel.

All is not lost.

dpebbleson

[58]Dec 5, 2012
    ionee24 wrote:

ionee24 wrote:

War children are different, its already bad enough Charlie Matheson doesn't act her age to add a woman who lacks off the cultural differences unique to the society she grew in. Fix that, stat.

dpebbleson wrote:

I think this is about as good as it gets for Jason's dynamic with his parents, after all, his mother was assaulted in their own home and he was nowhere to be found when it came to stand up with his father, which may be convenient if you're pushing forward the "forbidden love story" between him and Miles's niece but its totally contrived when it comes the Nevile family unit, especially after how awesome their origin story episode was.

Same goes to Miles and Monroe, I actually cared about it back when they were still "brothers" and Miles feared he might care about him more than he cared about his extended family. Now he's the Matherson's lap dog? Why should I bother to care about a friendship that poses no conflict for either one of the parties involved. It would be about as dumb as to care about Aaron's wife after it was established he has a male crush on Charlie or to worry about the Charlie & Jason thing when I know Charlie doesn't care about Aaron any more than Jason cares about his parents.

If there's no conflict then there are no stakes, if there are no stakes involved then I may as well be watching a video game for I'm not invested in the characters.

I understand what you mean, but I think it's too early to tell. The things are just being set up at the moment, and I am sure there'll be plenty of moral dilemmas and conflicts in the days to come.

ionee24

[59]Dec 5, 2012

dpebbleson wrote:
    ionee24 wrote:

I understand what you mean, but I think it's too early to tell. The things are just being set up at the moment, and I am sure there'll be plenty of moral dilemmas and conflicts in the days to come.

There must be: there has been none of that during the first 10 episodes of the season.

dpebbleson

[60]Dec 5, 2012
    ionee24 wrote:

dpebbleson wrote:
    ionee24 wrote:

There must be: there has been none of that during the first 10 episodes of the season.

Well, we can only agree to disagree then.