Revolution Forums

Wednesday 8:00 PM on NBCIn Season

This show makes no sense...

benosalankelley

[63]Dec 11, 2012
    • level: 2

It makes alot of sense of season 1.

They find something that can bring back power, but it falls into the wrong hands anyway. The family finally reunites.

I know season 2 hasn't been announced yet, because the episode was a cliffhanger mid season finale for season 1.

I believe other rebels come and save them, just in time, and the helicopters escape back to Monroe Republic.And we'll learn about the rebels in the next episodes.

Or it's not what we think, and the helicopters just fly off.

Anyway, we'll be get more information on the other power devices. Hopefully, they get one and it'll stay that way for awhile.Grace is with Randall, the ex-fbi agent guy is with Monroe, depending on if he had something to do with the worldwide power outage. Which would be obvious. Because Ben and Racheal were working on a experiment that powers out some of the city, Randall could of massivelydone something to power out everything.

Monroe in a sense is just his pawn, so he can start up a new world. I don't know what to think.

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

ionee24

[64]Dec 16, 2012
    • level: 32

I'm thinking Monroe would actually surprise Miles and go up against the real villain - Randall or the rebels's boss, take your pick - Rachel will spend the next few episodes explaining where does she know Aaron from.

Someone please remember that Danny doesn't even know Maggie is dead (Aaron, that means you).

Charlie will still be ogling Neville's son and Nora ogling at Miles.

Someone please remember Miles actually has a history with Nora while they develop this brand new instant "history" with his sister in law.

The pendants will still be pendants, Charlie's lunch box will still be a lunch box and the helicopters will still be helicopters.

And someone please remember Grace is still Randall's prisoner and/or there are another 10 scientists/pendants unaccounted for (Rachel, that means you).

Edited on 12/16/2012 2:00pm

MgavanderSlui

[65]Jan 5, 2013
    • level: 3
    Terra-Nova-itis ? hahaha Love it

benosalankelley

[66]Feb 16, 2013

Randall obviously is part of another sector then Monroe(A spy). Monroe would of known of another pendant. Randall is playing two sides of this game.

Randall is the another main mystery of the show, and knows about the worldwide blackout.

He planned it as a weapon to start off a new world order. The main characters are there to bring everyone back to civillization and start a revolution, dun dun dun.

I'm also sure that Racheal will spark a love interest, omg twist it's Miles. Love triangle ala Jack/Kate/Sawyer we have to deal with. Nora is gonna be pissed.

Pretty sure Racheal and Monroe was going to be a item. lol.

Of course, Racheal and the gang will get hold of another pendant, not sure if it's same pendant was the one shown in the new promo trailer.

Dec1964

[67]Feb 28, 2013
    • level: 31

Well they still have Grace, counting down the days for the shows return.

doctorwho747

[68]Mar 26, 2013
    • level: 5
    jjdlc wrote:

So far, I like the show, but there are a lot of things driving me nuts. The show appears to be somewhat based on S.M. Sterling's "Dies the Fire" series of books, but the books do a much better job of getting rid of the power. Not only does electricity quit, but steam no longer "works," water boils, but doesn't build pressure, gas burns, but doesn't explode, and same for gun powder, so no guns.

This creates issues that Revolution doesn't explain. Gun Powder obviously still works, what about steam? Why aren't people using steam powered locomotives? Plenty of them still sitting around. What about diesel? Gas engines require electricity to work, but diesel motors do not, most farm tractors would be fairly easy get running without electricity. At the very least I would expect to see tractors being a closely guarded commodity at those small communities.

There are some other things that hopefully the show will touch on going forward, I'd expect to see wind and water power being used extensively, but they haven't really shown it yet. Also, what happened to the nuclear power plants? Obviously they no longer make electricity, but unless the "event" completely neutralized the nuclear reaction, without their computer controls, most of those plants would have melted down. But like I said, they may still touch on this stuff in the future.

Overall, I think the show shows promise as far as entertainment goes, they just need to be careful when bending the rules of science as their premise.

Ah finally, after all this time I found someone who has not only heard of Stirling's Change novels, but read them! I do agree it does appear to be based on the books, with a little bit of Jericho added into it. Now while I like this show, I would have been so much happier if they had just adapted the books into a series like they have done with Game of Thrones.

doctorwho747

[69]Mar 26, 2013

ionee24 wrote:

Bel-MarduKKK wrote:
    I thought that characters will be interesting - badass chick, sword waving uncle, ex-Google guy as comic relief. We got girl that grew up in post-apocalyptic world but doesn't understand what is happening and whines every few minutes, sword waving but boring uncle and not even remotely funny Google guy. In spite of that I hoped it would become better, but episodes 8 and 9 were so bad I thought that was some parody of post-apocalyptic shows. And that's sad.

I agree.

My real problem is that Kripke treats this as the next Supernatural when the siblings have mother, uncles, stepmothers, surrogate father(s), friends and foes and, basically, no reason for a co-dependant relationship between them.

Characters like Miles and Aaron have interesting backgrounds but no interaction whatsover, characters like Nora & Jason are hot but have no appeal to the story beyond love interest/potential love interest capacity.

And, whether you have cable or not, modern day audiences have grown too familiar to children that grow up in post-apocalyptic scenarios: it's completely unbelievable/ridiculous to see a 22 year old Charlie act like a brat/toddler after we've seen 13 year old Carl and 16 year old Beth (The Walking Dead), 10 year old Brandon and 13 year old Arya (Game of Thrones), 16 year old Kathinss and Peeta (The Hunger Games) or 17 year old Gendry and 20 year old Jon Snow (Game of thrones).

War children are different, its already bad enough Charlie Matheson doesn't act her age to add a woman who lacks off the cultural differences unique to the society she grew in.

Fix that, stat.

Sorry but you don't seem to really get Charlie, yes she grew up in this world but spent most of her life living in that village, and shielded from the rest of the world by her father, hence her knowing nothing about it and wanting to see it, she may be niaeve, but not a spoiled brat. She has also spent her entire life with one priority, looking after her brother, and after what happened she sees herself as a failure and therefore is angry at herself and people who get angry in any situation do sometimes lash out.

For your examples: Carl in TWD, did he be smart and mature and badass right away? NO In fact he was whiny and let's not forget the "Hey I'm gonna throw things and poke the zombie with a stick" idea cuz that worked out well. No it wasn't until the end of season 2 after some time past when he was finally forced to grow up and become how he is now. Beth wasn't really featured that much early on, though when she was she was a basket case, like the catatonic state, and so also not until season 3 did she get stronger. As for Brandon and Arya and Game of thrones itself they did not grow up in a post apocalyptic world, they grew up as noble children. And it wasn't until the war started and time past that they became how they are. Jon was raised to be a soldier and wanted nothing more than to be part of the Night watch, but when he got to the wall it wasn't what he expected and after a while he became as he is, The only one that is different in GOT is Gendry who did not live with a noble family and was on his own most of his life and therefore grew up knowing the ways of the world, but not everything.

So what is the one word that applies to all of your examples? Time, all of those kids/characters were like Charlie in the sense of being niaeve at first, after some time in the show they had character development. So saying that Charlie should be right away like the other characters are in the shows in their present situations makes no sense, I know you wrote this comment a while ago, but if you have seen the most recent episode yo will see that Charlie has come a long way and now we will be seeing her develop into a strong badass soldier

benosalankelley

[70]Apr 4, 2013

The Stand is fully influenced in this series. Obviously, Randall is part of everything, not saying he might of knew what would happen. He's only doing this because he lost his loved ones in the war. I liked the next episode promo.

So obviously someone else is part of this. Inb twist Monroe.

Edited on 04/04/2013 3:32am

benosalankelley

[71]Apr 4, 2013
    The Stand is fully influenced in this series. Obviously, Randall is part of everything. He's only doing this because he lost his loved ones in the war. I liked the next episode promo.

lindhoffen

[73]Apr 9, 2013
    • level: 9

Latest episode was a bit of a slowburner, I liked that. Didn't get to see any annoying flashbacks either for once.

So what about these computerized midichlorians that stop electricity? Stupid idea or does it sound pretty cool?

RizNYC

[74]Apr 11, 2013
    lindhoffen wrote:

Latest episode was a bit of a slowburner, I liked that. Didn't get to see any annoying flashbacks either for once.

So what about these computerized midichlorians that stop electricity? Stupid idea or does it sound pretty cool?

LOL. YOu mean the four hundred QUADRILLION nanotech weapons in the air? They just add to the confusion of this show.

palle007

[75]Apr 11, 2013
    RizNYC wrote:
    LOL. YOu mean the four hundred QUADRILLION nanotech weapons in the air? They just add to the confusion of this show.

Confusion? It clears everything up. They explained why they have no electricity.

jnunes29

[76]Apr 15, 2013
    • level: 1

I stuck with the show through the flaws. However...where they lost me was the explanation of how the power went out. Sorry, but tiny robots sucking the electricity out of everything doesn't make sense. Why are they all still alive when the human circulatory and other important biokogical systems run using electrical conductivity?? Clearly the writers didn't take basic high school biology.

olafweyer

[77]Apr 20, 2013
    • level: 8
    it's a story. So, yes!

benosalankelley

[78]Apr 24, 2013

That bitch scientist had no time for Rachael. I guess those tiny robots are like the power of the island in Lost. But whether the power will put back on, will make some good story lines, or The Tower will be destroyed, along with Rachael inside. This might be One season show, though. About 6 episodes left. But I'm guessing this is what they called "Revolution" little robots taking over making everyone lose power. So without it, that scientist's lover will die. It's meant to be what is meant to be. With the power back on, I guess crap will hit the fan, as Monroe will have more use with the power. So I got with a big twist with the tower being destroyed or something obvious like that it isn't working. Randall knows more then he lets on. I know it was a military experiment accident. But I don't trust Randall ever since I saw him. I guess he's doing whatever it takes to survive.

Whether he did out of emotion for the death of the son, whether that made sense.

Edited on 04/24/2013 4:41am

palle007

[79]Apr 26, 2013

jnunes29 wrote:

I stuck with the show through the flaws. However...where they lost me was the explanation of how the power went out. Sorry, but tiny robots sucking the electricity out of everything doesn't make sense. Why are they all still alive when the human circulatory and other important biokogical systems run using electrical conductivity?? Clearly the writers didn't take basic high school biology.

They might get their energy from the sun (that is just one source of energy). When the humans tries to produce electricity that gives them fuel to make copies of themselves...

Edited on 04/26/2013 1:38pm
    Edited 2 total times.

hal9000_basic

[80]Apr 30, 2013
    • level: 8
    Like an action hero that dresses in a Batman outfit and roams around solving crimes, makes sense. So why would this or any other Show?