Revolution Forums

Wednesday 8:00 PM on NBCIn Season

What can save this show?

crenshawdk

[1]Nov 8, 2012
    • level: 6

In my mind the only thing that can save this show is a reboot with a new cast, writers and directors. Rambo MacGyver and G.I. cocktail waitress are just too integrated into the show for it to be fixed. Whats your take, can it be saved?

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

Dec1964

[2]Nov 9, 2012
    • level: 31

crenshawdk wrote:

In my mind the only thing that can save this show is a reboot with a new cast, writers and directors. Rambo MacGyver and G.I. cocktail waitress are just too integrated into the show for it to be fixed. Whats your take, can it be saved?

I disagree, Its a great cast.

haldrey

[3]Nov 9, 2012
    • level: 22
    The show do not need anything to save it. I mean the show is wacky, everything is wrong but the cast and charcters are damn good and somehow it keeps you interested and entertained. I vote for a second season.

intothevacuum

[4]Nov 9, 2012
    • level: 2

They need a mostly-new cast and better character development. The thing that ruins the show the most is Charlie though. I wish they would've toned her down a bit.

Yaspaa

[5]Nov 10, 2012
    • level: 78
    The show has just started and we're learning more all the time, if there was more character development you'd be complaining about the lack of action. What's the big problem with Charlie? Tone her down, I don't get it.

sduvoisin

[6]Nov 12, 2012
    • level: 11

I don't hate Charlie. I feel like maybe I should.

Dec1964

[7]Nov 13, 2012

This show is very slow moving, it needs to pick up speed & i do see
    images of "Lost" in this show.

(I never knew Miles & Nora were having sex in the past)

Edited on 11/13/2012 5:00am
    Edited 2 total times.

intothevacuum

[8]Nov 13, 2012
    • level: 2
    Yaspaa wrote:
    The show has just started and we're learning more all the time, if there was more character development you'd be complaining about the lack of action. What's the big problem with Charlie? Tone her down, I don't get it.

I wouldn't complain about the lack of action, because I enjoy good characters that I actually care about, even if it means lack of action. Save for Miles, I don't care about any of them. With Charlie, all she does is whine, complain, and ignore what other people might want to do. She's in everyone's face all the time. Miles telling her to shut up in episode 4 (you know, after she was tearing him a new one for some stupid reason) was the best part of the show so far.

DanFixx

[9]Nov 14, 2012
    • level: 14

Sadly, I think it is to late to save this show. And I really mean sadly.

If something has to be done, start the revolution that named this disaster.

Dec1964

[10]Nov 14, 2012

DanFixx wrote:

Sadly, I think it is to late to save this show. And I really mean sadly.

If something has to be done, start the revolution that named this disaster.

Isn't it rating well.?

ionee24

[12]Nov 20, 2012
    • level: 32
    haldrey wrote:
    The show do not need anything to save it. I mean the show is wacky, everything is wrong but the cast and charcters are damn good and somehow it keeps you interested and entertained. I vote for a second season.

I would immediately pair up Aaron and Charlie in a "she doesn't like me cuz I'm fat/he doesn't like me cuz I'm stupid" unrequited love for years. Not only it would give us a will they/won't they scenario that actually makes sense, but it would release Miles from the incestual vibe and put him fully in the mentor role.

Also:

- More scenes between Rachel and Danny.
    - Definetely more cat & mouse scenes between Monroe and Rachel or Monroe and Miles.
    - A little love & hate scenes between Neville and Danny wouldn't hurt, as well as some healthy rivalry between Jason & Danny.
    - USE Neville's wife for something beyond "Lori did this on the Walking Dead last season"
    - USE Nora in her REBEL LEADER capacity or else USE her as Miles's love interest and be done with it.
    And
    - Show some cultural clashes, these people look like they all remember the same America as Ben Matheson: they don't. The Republic in which Charlie's generatiuon grew up is not the same country in which Aaron & Miles did, have them talk about movies she never saw, have her talk about books they couldn't read because they watched TV all the time, have them clash about knowledge privy to one generation the other has not.

That's it for now...

abdulay31

[13]Jan 14, 2013
    • level: 5
    The only thing that can save the show is character development with the current cast and better acting as most of the main cast are poor(Nora, Charlie).

Neville as the new commander of the Monroe militia will help in bringing that bad ass villain onscreen than the lame Bass we have seen as the most friendly villain ever.

The writers to develop more complex story arcs than the predictable and serialized episode by episode story of the 1st half of the season, and plot twist and suspense to keep viewers on edge.

More flashbacks on Miles reign as the commander of the Militia and what led to him leaving the republic, and Rachel grand plot to thwart Monroe and her decision to leave her family.