Revolution

Kashmir

Aired Wednesday 8:00 PM Nov 19, 2012 on NBC

7.2
  • Revolception

Well, if last week you told me that government drugs administered to the water supply would be the most coherent hallucination explanation of the season, then I'd owe you a coke.

So the show opens with one of our heroes getting punched in the face as per usual. It looks like they've made it across the river and found the rebel base just outside of Philly. Miles cracks wise and convinces the rebels to go on a suicide mission because they obviously have nothing better to do.

So they find the secret way into Philly, or you know, train tracks guarded by two whole guards!! Who are summarily dispatched by some girl with a bow. Her name doesn't matter she dies in about 20 minutes. Also, if the person your standing beside takes an arrow to the eye maybe move your head slightly. To be fair I'd be standing there with a dumb look on my face too when the second arrow entered my brain.

So after the tracks mysteriously disappear our heroes find themselves in a cavernous underground complex. Having realized that he's given Charlie way too much to do in previous plans she's relegated to just having to walk and talk at the same time. But she can't even do that and steps on a bomb, caving in the tunnel and cutting off their air supply! So based on the average size of a subway system and the oxygen consumption of 7-8 people...carry the one...they've only got about three weeks of oxygen left. But because its after the blackout and apparently the subway is an entirely closed system they literally only have minutes of air left. Except they don't.

But half the people start to experience the symptoms of oxygen deprivation because hallucinations are relevant to advancing the plot. Except they aren't.

Miles sees a guy, Nora gets eaten by an alligator and Aaron finally figures it out!

Aaron: oh my god this makes sense.

Miles: how does this make sense?

Ding ding ding!! Most insightful thing you've ever said Miles!!

So they keep walking and hallucinating and not dying somehow. And Aaron starts to see his wife and he.......zzzzzzzzzzz. Thanks for rehashing the most useless backstory on the show.

Actually Aaron didn't take any shit from his bitchy wife mirage, who is somehow the weaker character in that relationship, and didn't suck as hard this episode.

Miles dreams up a Monroe who has way more personality than the actual one and they hang out and listen to some sweet tunes. And he hallucinates himself a pardon for selling out his friends. But it's all a dream. Or is it? Hint: yes it is.

Just when you thought the rebels had a half decent guest star, played nicely by Reed Diamond, he's actually militia! I can't believe I didn't see that coming, so good job?.

He shoots one guy who had finally just gotten a line and another extra who didn't even get that and locks the rest away to suffocate or hallucinate to death while taking Miles back to Monroe. But he didn't count on Aaron new sense of not being useless. AARON SMASH!

Once they're through the door, the last extra brings a bow to a gun fight and gets killed.

Then Charlie brings a CROSSbow to a gun fight and saves the day (BYE REED, we were just getting to know you.) but somehow gets shot instead of punched in both sides of the face (seriously what's up makeup department).

Somehow Miles doesn't manage to just hit Reed in the back of the neck when he completely stops paying attention to him. A real low point for him.

And we find out that the first ten episodes were all a dream! And Charlie hasn't even left home! But wait, that's a dream! At this point I was looking for the spinning dreidel. Tim Guinee must be like 'why on earth did I agree to a flashback contract. I was lucky enough to die in the first episode.' For some reason Charlie has green eyes in hallucinations but blue eyes regularly. So Charlie wakes up and all the extras are dead but they're in the city now with the same crew they had at the end of the previous episode. Thanks extras and Reed! You can now actively decide to not put Revolution on your resume. Oh, and half of the episode only happened inside peoples heads. Someone more cynical than I might wonder:

WHAT THE FUCK WAS THE GODDAMN POINT?!?

This week in Philly, which I can't believe hasn't been renamed to Monrovia, Rachel is building an 'amplifier' for the pendant. Seriously Monroe, like no other militia leader named their province after themselves you egotistical asshole.

About halfway through the episode, Neville made his contract required appearance and sussed out that Rachel was lying about what she was building. But we wouldn't come back to this storyline until the last 5 minutes or advance the plot time as this show refers to it.

Again, some good tunes in this scene. And the way she showed the pendant range was fun. I think NBC wants to get in on ITunes sales for this show.

The second scientist shows up and rats out Rachel for actually making a bomb! Not an amplifier. Although given her family's scientific track record she very well could have been trying to make an amplifier and made a bomb by accident.

Anyways, Rachel shows of her sociopathic side (which I'm really liking) by literally weeping for the murder she's committing while committing it and not two seconds later being composed enough for a sassy "now you need me" I think I caught a hair flip.

So there you have it.

Rachel=sociopath=awesome.

I thought they were actually going to make it a dream and reset the whole thing so they could redo the quests. (Sidebar, I was playing scrabble the other day, is there a word in English with a 'q' in it that doesn't have 'u' as the next letter?)

Aaron was kind of badass in this episode. His remark about walking into ambushes being par for the course for these guys, kind of funny.

Miles was having an off day.

Reed Diamond and Mark Pellegrino? Your guest stars shouldn't be that much better than your regular stars Revolution.