Revolution

NBC (ended 2014)

Yaspaa

Revolution Fan Reviews page 6 of 8

• seriously guys !!

i dont know how the f*** u r criticizing this show !! obviously its brilliant.. ok maybe there are some amateur actors but dont forget about really great actors with attitude like Captain Tom Neville or Miles Mathesonrole !! or either Nora

i think this show has a great mystery seems like new version of "LOST" just give it some time to see what will happen !
  • Stopped Watching

I watched the first 3 episodes but this show just couldn't keep my interest. Frustrating plots that never get resolved and poor acting.
  • Best show since the " Unit" !

Love, love, love this show! It really keeps me on the edge of my seat! I can imagine America like this one day 1
  • Revolution

The action of the show is good.The show is just starting the adventure after it does its rating number will increase because then it will be more intresting ,more adventure.

The episode 5 had a viewers of 8.82 show is starting to improve its ratings.
  • Sucks !!!!

I have sat and watched the episodes and so far all I want to do is read a book.

It has done nothing so far except bore me.

Unless these writers take there head out of there ass this show won't last long.
  • had potential but their blowing it

Great premise. lousy writing. and yeah that actress playing Charlie really gets on one's nerves. Plus how could she keep possibly screwing everything up. How many times can she get yelled at for ruining a situation and then the story continues and she'll do something incredibly stupid again.. UGH. who writes these shows. direction is sloppy too.

It's a great premise though. On showtime or FX i'm sure it'd be a bit more dark and intense and clever
  • Awful acting,awful story lines, awful Charlie actress.

First who picked the actor to play Charlie and her brother. The girl playing Charlie has disturbing features, between the eye color, chiseled face and expressions. I can't even look at her. She can't act always has the same

look on her face like shes going to the bathroom. She uses this same look when shes happy and when shes mad or just sitting around picking her toes. The brother is pretty bad a well with his low voice, poor acting skills. Specially when on the cart it stands out.

Charlie can't seem to stop whinning to Miles. She needs to get attacked and have a leg cut off, or something to get her to wake up about who the bad guys are. Keeps saving that guy that is after them, and Miles keeps him alive when he could kill him in about 5 seconds. But really her acting is awful, must be the daughter of the producer, director or something. Her acting alone will cause this to fail.

Brother keeps attempting to excape then gets caught waiting for them to catch up everytime. This last episode he even has a third chance to escape and gets caught yet again.

Miles the guy kicked butt the first episode, fighting off 2 dozen people. Now can barely take out one. He puts up the trash talk from Charlie. His whole character does not compute.

Every episode Miles says hes leaving on his own, every episode the brother escapes and gets caught. Every episode they catch the guy following them and he escapes.

The story line goes no where, I dont see potential for much improvement. It takes them so long to travel that not much can happen that isnt local. Kind of reminds me of the old planet of the apes tv series, everything is local. But at least most of those guys had a horse. These loonies walk everywhere for the most part, no bikes and they dont use the roads. They keep walking through woods.

There appears to be a dampning field covering the whole planet, the gizmo in the pendant must neutralize it and allows for focused power use nearbye. Far fetched even for SciFi.

The whole arrow boobytrap, come on he had it aiming at her head, duck, bend over and stop screaming. Her body was not secure enough not to avoid it.

Worse episode ever soul train

Oh my, so bad so very bad. The kid escapes again, miles doesn't kill nivens, and the brother gets beat up again I can't take this pathetic show anymore. Now looks like they kill off another character. Same story different week.

• Bicycles and Diesel Engines Missing!

Where are the bicycles and diesel engines? No electricity required. Making bio-diesel is not a huge challenge.
  • Great show watch it every Monday thanks!!!

Enjoy this show makes me hope it never gets canceled
  • this show is awesome

I really like this show and the way they have it going the part in the beginning when the planes fell was pretty awesome.
  • A Weak Contrivance

Revolution, to me, seems to have a premise that was contrived solely for the purpose of necessitating a lot of running and fighting. I find it weak on adventure, drama and story. I am surprised that its ratings numbers are as good as they are. I stopped watching after the pilot. It is my prediction that, if they do not find a way to create an interesting storyline, this shows ratings will continue to fall, at an ever increasing pace.
  • Revolutionary Crap

Reminds of Bay Watch.
  • WTF? kill the production design team responsible for the look of this show.

15 years after all power of any kind has shut off and somehow everyone has clean and kempt outfits, hair, and make-up.

after the new ruling militia has stock piled all weapons for the last 8-10 years they somehow have no better weapons than muskets and custom made swords.

This show fucking sucks. I say they will be lucky to even last a full season.

What a huge waste of money. Big mistake JJ and Jon.

• great show

love this show because you know why the creator of supernatural wrote it how awesome is that
  • Decent action packed show

F**k the critics.This is an awesome show.i liked it.cant wait for more episodes.
  • A good sci fi show doesn't need to follow physical laws...

A good sci fi show doesn't need to follow physical laws, chemical laws, biological constraints, etc.. But necessarily have to follow the laws of logic and good writing. Although the starting point for ''Revolution'' is exciting, with great dramatic possibilities, the writers' carelessness with both science and logic, plus bad acting by most of the actors, not to mention the lazy direction, leads to an insignificant result. As I am a big fan of sci fi, I will watch this show, but I am disappointed with the waste of so much production.
  • Where is it heading and where has it been?

I'm puzzled by this show. Several episodes in and everyone is still wandering around, as though in search of a good show-runner. Here are just a few concerns. Where are all the people? It isn't a WALKING DEAD plague, it isn't a JERICHO nuclear war. It's a power blackout. The world has reverted to medievil times in just 15 years? Worse though. WHERE ARE ALL THE BULLETS? The USA right now has many BILLIONS of the things with 200 to 260 MILLION guns in private hands. We're not even counting the Military arsenals. Yet the militia is using Civil War muskets and we're expected to believe all guns have been confiscated. 260 Million guns confiscated? By whom? There's no people! I very much suspect this show will not, like most of the population in its backstory, survive the coming winter
  • Not a Fan

Its hard for me to tell if the show itself is bad or just not my cup of tea. I feel like the show is trying too hard to ride off the success of 'The Hunger Games." Seriously, the main character is carrying a bow and arrows. The main girl is also really annoying. I don't think its the character so much as the actress. She's totally unbelievable and boring. Someone mentioned she was on Being Human and I almost didn't think it was true until I looked it up, her performance was unmemorable. Yet, lets not take all the blame away from the character. I just wish she was a little tougher. I've only watched the first two episodes, but it seems like every time I see her she is being rescued or captured. Plus she trusted a militia boy. He has a scar right on his wrist, wouldn't you check for stuff like that. I get there is suppose to be a romantic interest, but it couldn't have been done a different way? Like she kicks his ass and captures him or she puts up a fight, because she pays attention to stuff like that, and he captures her. Did it have to be she was too stupid to check for a scar on his wrist, even after he saved her life? I like the British girl so much better because at least she is proactive. I love Miles and the plot of the show. If the main girl gets killed off I might give it another shot, but she's terrible and ruins it.
  • Mediocre at best

I love SciFi, but this is more of a dumped down family version of The Last Mohican. The actors aren't convincing, the dialog is flat and each character is a total cliche took to the extreme.

Nobody seems to do anything smart in this show. They act more like stupid animals, driven by an unimaginative script. It reminds me a lot to the bad parts of Terra Nova. And they don't even have dinosaurs!

Seems smart SciFi is dead. Where is a SciFi version of Game of Thrones?

4/10 only for the interesting idea of the show.
  • Rushed

2.5
    I don't get it. There's a bunch of good writers and producers here, but they can't get the story off the ground. Major twists in the story line after just three four episodes? Killing of characters who we just barely know and haven't started to care for? I think they're rushing it way too much which in the end will lead to that they're not renewed for a second season.
  • Think 80s TV show without a talking car

2.5
    Four episodes in and they are all a chore to watch. HUGE plot holes, overly simple poorly constructed characters and followed by one ridiculous scenario after another. This show would have done well in the 80s but modern shows have advanced what audiences can and do expect from an hour long show. Ultimately the cheese factor is very high with this show especially against cable series that are very well written and showcase great characters.

Oh and I get electricity doesn't work (sometimes) but what happened to gun powder since it is easily made and guns should be plentiful? I guess they needed a way to shoehorn swords in which oddly are more difficult to make and were less plentiful when the lights went out.
  • Questions...

... are the only thing this series leaves for me...

But sadly in such a dull way, that I just had to turn it off after the first episodes, telling myself: I am simply not interested enough to keep watching.

There may be this one big secret about what really happened in the blackout, but it is not enough to qualify this series as "mystery" like Lost. OK, let's take it as Science Fiction then - only problem is: every successful Science Fiction world created yet has at least an element of plausibility to it - this one does not.

I don't agree with some criticism here, I think on the contrary that 15 years are way too short of a period for such a grave change in the environment. I mean - people look the same as they did before the blackout, but the surroundings?

I know enough abandoned sites, 15 years is not nearly enough time for nature to transform them in such a grave way. For example, where do all those plants and even forests come from, even in the center of a city where everything was covered in concrete for decades? Everything is neatly decorated with wonderful vines, there really had to be an extensive plantation and fertilization program within those 15 years.

Which leads me to the next point: where is the population? Obviously weapons of mass destruction would not work, were the hundreds of millions of people ravaged by famine and disease? Luckily it seem some families have been spared so it is no problem to find you uncle within a former metropolis amidst the few survivors.

Where have all raw materials gone? Humanity has acquired unimaginable piles of raw, fabricated, recycled and waste materials. Why are they not in use? Heaps of stuff should be everywhere, instead it is serene nature. Why are there for example completely intact cars lying around wasted - that would not happen in a world in need of resources. And: wouldn't most cars be parked? The blackout seemed to have happened at night in America, why are there overturned police vehicles on the street, they could not have possibly responded to the blackout chaos.

What happened to the buildings, infrastructure and other settings? There are many buildings around today which have not been renovated for much longer than 15 years, many are not in bad shape. So where would they disappear to, together with the roads (which definitely would not have vanished into a jungle within such a short time) and other concrete wastelands people created?

Where are all the scientists, leaders, celebrities, ... ? Where are new inventions? Not just steam is possible, any kind of engine not in need of spark plugs, there are plenty of existing designs.

Where have all the 100s of millions private arms in America alone gone? Not to mention of military stockpiles,... a few stored crates at the army camp would never cut that...

Why does the world still work? Electricity is more than just a simple application of energy, conductivity a basic physical property of many molecular structures. Brains, nerves and muscles have been mentioned here, but the consequences would be much more far reaching than this. Electricity does not just enclose one feature, it describes a set of phenomena. From chemical bonding to the magnetic field of the Earth - nothing would work anymore!

OK, if you still say, the reason why many of these things are not shown is because of the setting of the show - why does it take place in the least interesting corner of the world then? And why would that be around a former city of millions? Also, obviously this is where the blackout has started, so shouldn't it be the most interesting corner with people from all around the world arriving to investigate?

How great would this show be (assuming adequate writing, of course), if it showed a newly created trade hub, maybe a port city, with people from all around the world displaying their creativity to cope with the new situation. Instead it is hide and seek with swords and muskets in a jungle which should not be there in the first place, just to create a civil war era feel.
  • Best ep so far

Come on. That was a great ep. I totally bought into the suspense of the arrow booby trap. And So far there've been some really interesting plot twists.
  • Give It a Chance

Why do all shows have to be real; believable.? We live reality everyday,and there are enough "reality" shows on tv. After a slow start, Revolution is starting to bring it all together.

• i like

i like this show. it's entertaining but jericho was better. bring jericho back!! anyone remember jericho ? :D

also, it's not that those technologies haven't been tried. it's the fact that electricity will not be produced. why? my guess is a massive perpetual electro magnetic field. and those little pendants probably create bubbles of electricity in that electro magnetic field.
  • Good show

I enjoy this show, it's good. Although I agree with some of the complaints, ie. where are the windmills, hand pumps, steam power, many people still know how to make those things so there's no reason that they don't exist in this new world. Also, there's no way those clothes would still be so clean, washing by hand certainly doesn't keep them clean for so long. Those clothes would not have lasted 15 years, so where did the new clothes me from, most were obviously not sewn by hand.

But, still a good show. I'll keep watching it.
  • THE SHOW HAS BEEN PICKED UP FOR A FULL SEASON!

So sorry you idiotic nitpickers and haters the ratings have risen each episodes! So it seems complaining that a SCIENCE FICTION tv show is unrealistic only makes you more stupid. Case and point complaining that after only 3 episodes no answers have been given, please tell me just one major serialized show sci fi or otherwise ives major answers after 3 eps. So it looks like you haters who claim they won't watch the show anymore WILL keep watching just so you can bitch about it online
  • This show has way too many issues to be saved

3.5
    You know I could go on and on about how so many things just don't make sense in this show but I think that's been covered well enough by now and it all speaks for it self. This show suffers from far bigger problems than senseless scenarios. In order to understand the problems I like to put things in to perspective. Remember Lost, that show didn't make much sense either but it still became one of the best shows on TV ever aired. Why? Because it had all the elements of a great TV show. Great storytelling, fantastic acting, interesting characters, superb directing. It all came together in one giant orgasm of a show that was almost better than sex (except for the last season which was more like the smell you reek of afterwards). Revolution has absolutely none of those elements. It' so badly written like a children's book that gives you nightmares and the acting is so horrific that you cringe in your seat having to listen and watch them flush their careers down the toilet. And the characters are so boring you wanna kick their teeth in just to make them cry for dramatic effect (Charlie nobody likes a whiner and Miles you remind me way too much of MacGyver). And lastly the directing is just so mind numbingly bad that these people are made to look like they belong in separate shows. Whats the opposite of synergy?

So the big question is: why do we keep coming back? Because like any junkie sci-fi junkies NEED their fix.

All in all this show had a great premise but it is shamefully being wasted and I for one don't see it make it past 1 season.

ps. Is this really how Americans imagine the world would become, that once society brakes everyone simply revert to savagery? I doubt it.
  • Suprised

I can't believe how much people complain about this show. This show is something completely different than anything else on right now. Its actually interesting and catches people attention. Each episode reveals something new and always has that wow moment. Don't understand all the hate on the show when they are so much more worst things on the air now. Hope they don't cancel one of the few good shows around. As for me, I am gonna continue to watch every single episode.
  • Impatient.

I doubt anyone's still reading comments, but here goes...

My only real complaint about the show is it's likely to be cancelled, as most interesting SCI-FI is. Hard way to settle in and enjoy it with doom looming.

There are a lot of complaints here about various aspects:

a) Why not steam technology?

I have difficulty agreeing with this. There are a lot of great ancient inventions we no longer have. When was the last time you saw a store carrying a simple hand-water pump? I don't know anyone who could make one anymore. Also, I don't know many people who could make one without the use of power tools and milling machines. It'll take longer than 15 years for your average sub-Chicago borough to rebuild all that.

b) Why the clean clothes?

Well, Why not? There's a lot of them. Well treated clothes will last awhile. Also, frankly, there's a lot of clothing out there. lastly, notice the explosives expert's bra? Pretty ragged. I thought that was a nice touch. I expect underwear to be the first thing a fallen society would let lapse & forgo.

c) the no electricity science doesn't make sense

That's the point of science-fiction - just because you don't know why or how, doesn't mean it's not a useful writer's tool. *cough* I mean that doesn't mean there isn't a happy star-trek convenient explanation somewhere, and you'll just have to allow for the usual J.J. Abrams "it's a magic box, and I'm not going to tell you what's inside" tactic. Yes, it's a mystery, just sit back and enjoy not knowing for a few imaginary seasons.

d) People are acting stupid

Yes, the world is full of stupid people. 5 minutes' driving on any road anywhere in the world will introduce you to at least 3 of them. If characters are all 100% badass and perfect out of the gate, it leaves little room for character development.

e) I didn't see any x y z

Shut up. You're looking at a tiny corner of the world, with 3 eps aired to date. If J.J. and Erik painted a complete picture of the whole world in 50 miles and 3 eps, it would seem like a silly and contrived explanation game, rather than the warming up to sci-fi. Please refer to how steamboats may well exist elsewhere in the world, but inland chicago is just not one of them.

I did take slight exception to how *all* electrical devices are toast, except brains/nervous systems. Yes, we're electrical too. Just ask the Matrix (cough). But, well, let's just chalk it up to another J.J. magic box thing, and move on.

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8