Revolution

The Dark Tower

Aired Wednesday 8:00 PM Jun 03, 2013 on NBC

• dissapointing

5.5
    The first season of Revolution was very dissapointing , characters and script were very weak with occasional better moments , but overall it was mediocre at best
  • And the POWER just comes back 'ON'... HOW?

Electricity has to come from power plants, (in usa - it is mostly from COAL burning generating plants).

Even if from Nuclear - with so many people having died when there was NO power - all the people 'MANNING' the power plants would have either died or done other things in search of that thing called FOOD.

After YEARS of No One working at a power plant - EXACTLY HOW does a person flip a switch and have ALL the power turn back ON.

Far fetched and totally impossible from a Scientific or Engineering Perspective!
  • Let's Wipe Out Philly, Don't Forget Atlanta...

4.5
    I think if you made it this far there wasn't much which could surprise you. Just keeping track of the back-stabbing signaled the show could get crazier, more "iffy" at any given moment. Taken as a whole things did keep moving toward a kernel of something grittier if, largely, unbelievable and often times wholly ridiculous. So, is it any surprise The Tower was a blood bath of incompatible outcomes played out by the different factions? If Tom's almost casual turning of Monroe's forces wasn't hard enough to swallow surely his C-4 demolition of a impregnable door of The United States doomsday control center was. Plus all it did was allow Randal to blow up Philadelphia and Atlanta in a nuclear holocaust, or did it? We're led to believe so, but we must wait and see to be sure. I guess this qualifies as Revolution's "who shot JR" cliffhanger? Unlike that most excellent ending to an excellent season of world-class back-stabbing this ending just leaves one empty - as in did I waste almost 20 hours this year I could have spent painting my house (and watching it dry does leave some satisfaction afterwards)?
  • i have 3 letters

W

T

F
  • The tower

The Tower. A secure refuge for VIP's and the pride of the USA. Enormous steel gates, built to withstand a nuclear attack, or so they thought! As it turns out, all you needed was a little explosive in front of the door to make an entrance between the ground and the door. How stupid is that!?
  • Stunning, shocking, emotional, entertaining and so much more!

This season finale had it all. It was absolutely stunning in many ways with some huge developments, many of which I would never have seen coming! Randall's last stand was interesting and he opened the show and its storyline up to a whole other world of possibilities for Season Two. That last secne was done to perfection and left me floored!

The episode was also really moving and emotional as a great character dies. I will really miss Nora. She was a great character and I wish that didn't happen. She would have added to the show a lot mocving forward. And there were a lot of unresolved feelings with her and Miles that needed to be explored further. Oh well, at least we have Rachel.

Speaking of Rachel, I don't think I have ever fallen in love with a character on a TV show within one season more than I have with Rachel, except maybe Regina from Onec Upon a Time. She is just such a complex personality and she won't take any nonsense from anyone and I love it when she takes control of situations. She is an amazing character, and I can't wait for more Rachel!

Some really interesting developments occurred outside the Tower as well, mainly with Neville stirring up a coup and the Georgia Federation taking advantage of events. But now with a certain person revealed in the last seconds of the show, what does that mean for the Monroe Repbulic and the Georgia Federation (and others)? I hope that Kelly person isn't killed off - she seems like an excellent character if explored further. And I was looking forward to the Neville Republic, lol. :P

Overall, this finale leaves us with more questions and I can't wait to see them answered in Season 2! The wait will be a hard one!