Revolution

Ties That Bind

Aired Wednesday 8:00 PM Nov 12, 2012 on NBC

7.8
  • Absolutely incredible!

This was a brilliant episode yet again! So many great developments with Captain Neville, and his wife is starting to play a more important role.

Then we can't forget the matter that is Nora and her backstory, which was quite interesting, although I'm not sure what I think of what her sister did. In a way it was awesome. In a way it was horrible.

Meanwhile, I can't wait to see more of Grace and this Randall character!

Definitely getting bettter and better! Can't wait till the next episode! :)
  • Ties That Bind

Ties That Bind was a perfect episode of Revolution because the character development was phenomenal and the plot progression was entertaining. I really enjoyed watching as Nora is reunited with some one from her past but at a high cost. It was interesting to see Miles and the gang face to face with one of his former colleagues who scared every one including him. It was awesome to watch Neville and his wife make some power plays. I liked how every thing played out but I wish there would be more revelations about the pendants and the larger story arcs. I look forward to watching what happens next!!!!!!!!!
  • Revolution.

Good episode, i wanted to see Nora's back story for awhile now, i never knew she & Miles was having sex before. Being betrayed by your own sister, not so hard to believe & i dont think Nora's sister will get that far. Now they don't have the pendent way to go Aaron, i dont think Monroe can do alot with one pendent. I think you need all 12 & now that Monroe gave it to Rachel maybe she could disarm it, who knows i'm making it up as i go along. I really thought

Randell was working with Monroe but i guess not, Randell is with Grace working with the resistance. I do like this show but why is it moving so slow, 8 episode's now.
  • Why put effort into writing an entire episode when you can fill 30 min of crap and 10 min of relevance

Okay. I wish I had turned the episode on with ten minutes left. It would have been the best of the season. You got me revolution. I thought Randall was working with Monroe. Touch. How he got Grace to fermilab (that was a particle accelerator?) in Illinois from Pennsylvania so quickly I don't know. Isn't Illinois in the plains nation? Can we make an actual crime to underuse actors? Raver and Espo were SMOLDERING in their scene together. And let's give Elizabeth something more exciting to do. All told, the best 10 consecutive minutes of revolution since pellegrino left us. Unfortunately it was preceded by 50 minutes of crap and commercials.

Firstly, I don't automatically care about a character just because they're related to someone. Writers you still need to develop the character. And secondly, I can't feel betrayed by someone we just met. So zero points for impact. Maybe if I cared at all about Nora? I don't know. Their back story was terrible. It has to be really tough to write children lines and be a child actor. Because Jesus titty-fucking Christ those girls were awful (the last scene bordered on decent, credit where it's due). But man, sit a kid down in a room and tell them their mom just got shot, then tape the reaction and show it to the actor and tell them to copy it. Do you scar a kid for life? Maybe. But you'll get a good scene out of it. I just don't believe that's how a 10 and a 6 year old would react.

Thirdly, what the hell was the point of the first 50 minutes? Lets cross the bridge, no it's a trap (good thing bad guys in tv as well as movies and we can outrun 4 guys with automatic weapons and later Nora can take out the entire unit with one gun and four shots. How do you even manage a single shot with an automatic rifle? But I digress). Another bridge? Too far. Okay there's a ferry, nope it's blown up (bet that guy is thrilled with miles). Okay, let's just swim. It will take 30 seconds and our clothes will be dry two minutes later. Wait.....swimming's an option?!? What the fuck have we been doing for the past 30 minutes? Filling time in an episode? okay then. You can't expect explosions and sword fights and last minute reveals to save the show every time. You need coherent plots as well.

Oh and Aaron got jerked off and lost the locket.

Things that were awesome.

Indestructible lockets! Logically course of action (destroy it) plot hole closed!

Miles. In general. And calling out shuester or whatever his name is for being a physcopath.

Kim Raver!!

Working atom smashers. I think.

That is all