A Rick & Morty Community
Sunday 11:30 PM on Adult Swim

Rick and Morty forever 100 times w w w dot rick and morty forever 100 times is that much closer to happening! Adult Swim has officially renewed its animated comedy Rick & Morty for a second season, a few weeks after the show's renewal was unofficially leaked online. So while the news isn't exactly surprising, it at least confirms that Rick and Morty's wackadoodle adventures will indeed continue. 

Rick & Morty comes from Community creator Dan Harmon and his buddy Justin Roiland and follows an alcoholic science whiz and his dimwit grandson as they tinker with the laws of physics, travel to other dimensions, and give adorable puppies the mental power to build their own mech suits and take over the world. It's also a surprise ratings smash among young men: One recent episode drew more men under 35 than anything else that aired on the same night, including all the shows on the major broadcast networks and FX's dude-centric Archer. And that's a good thing, because Rick & Morty is awesome

Adult Swim hasn't announced when Season 2 will air, and Season 1's stuttering scheduling isn't helping me guesstimate. Three episodes aired toward the end of January after a month-long break, and the show is currently on hiatus until Monday, March 10. Do yourself a favor and check it out via on-demand and catch the Flu-Hating Rap.

Previously Aired Episode

AIRED ON 4/2/2017

Season 3 : Episode 1

43 Comments
Comments (43)
Submit
Sort: Latest | Popular
I watched all season one in a day but it sucks there's not more to watch:(
Flag
When does the damn show return?
Flag
Great news, while the style of animation is a bit off-putting the writing on this show is great. It's a full on science fiction extravaganza, almost in a conventional way, which is a huge compliment if you get my drift (I doubt you do).
Flag
i get it - the animation really grow on ya - after rewatching the first 6 eps i'm really diggin it now though.
Flag
Hah, glad to see I was definitely not the only dude under 35 enjoying this show :P . At first I got all bent out of shape because Rick looked exactly like Farnsworth from Futurama (this may have been deliberate? I can't tell).

Also not surprised it had someone like Dan Harmon writing it. I didn't really think it had anyone to Cartoon Network-y writing it given how adult (relatively speaking) the humor seemed to be.
Flag
It's a Back to the Future parody
Flag
This is great news!
Flag
Hmm, if it's crushing it in the ratings department (at least relatively speaking), you'd think there would be more comments here. Then again, the numbers here are far less important than the numbers over at Nielsen.
Flag
Hell yeah - Rick and Morty is awesome. Justin Roiland and Dan Harmon have a hit on their hands!
Flag
EEEEEEEEEE!!!! To quote the prophet, "this is fucking awesome!"

This series started as a series essentially about Doc & Marty from Back to the Future, how their utterly bizarre friendship would have possibly made sense, and from that kernel we have seen brilliance born.

I am glad that it's getting the recognition it so richly deserves, also that Adult Swim can actually avoid sucking when it tries.
Flag
PS - we need this to have TV.com community.
Flag
Yep
Flag
RickandMortyforever.com ! :D
Flag
Happy with this news. Only seen five so far (damn US scheduling, dunno how many I'm missing) but love it.
Flag
Just went to look at how many I was missing out on and wtf TV.com? Who does these episode guides anyway?
Flag
I only started watching it a few days ago (I'm all caught up now) but I can't believe I waited, the show's absolutely hilarious. My only issue is Rick burping all the time while talking, it might be funny if they did it every now and then but it happens multiple times an episode, it's obnoxious.
Flag
Yeah, I read this news elsewhere last week and was really happy about it. Unlike some, I enjoyed the pilot very much and have only grown to love it more each week. It's funny, clever and has superior artwork. As noted above, the several multi-week bouts of no new episodes has been the only disappointment. Some episodes have already aired three or four times in its short run. But hey, at least more are coming soon.

Thanks, [adult swim].

P. S. The third season of Dr. Steve Brule's "Check It Out" premieres in just over two weeks. I didn't think I'd see any more of those, so it's been an ab-so-lutely good week for [as] news.

Flag
At the moment, it's better than Community for me. The Meeseeks and Destroy episode was clever.
Flag
I'M MISTER MEESEEKS LOOK AT ME!!!
Flag
YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I was a little worried that the series would become stale after the first episode, even though I did enjoy it, but it just keeps getting better IMO. I love the movie references and the dark humor that this show has. Now if only NBC renews Community so that the double dose of Dan Harmon can continue next season.
Flag
Yessssssssssssssssss.

This, Archer, and South Park are the best cartoons on television right now. True story.
Flag
Never heard of this show, but if it as well regarded as the other two I will check it out.
Flag
I've heard from a few people that they didn't enjoy the pilot (I did), but they came to really like the show after seeing other episodes. So, if that single episode doesn't sell you, I'd check out the second or third one. Since it's a half-hour show it's not a complete "time-suck" if you end up not enjoying them.
Flag
I didn't care much for the first episode or two, but it has really grown on me. Great news.
Flag
Follow this Show
Members