Ricki Lake

(ended 2004)

Ricki Lake Fan Reviews (14)

6.7
  • A short, New York plus-size female actress discusses topics ranging from baby-mama drama to newlyweds, and outrageous weave hairstyles to competitions, but sometimes the story have a twist.

Ricki Lake was kool. I was feeling her show. I think they should probably bring that show back cuz I was feelin' it. I didn't see anything wrong with it. She was very energetic and she liked to have fun with the guests on her show. The topics were sometimes wild, but that's what kept her show always interesting.
  • The only real show that attracted every audience with variety.

The show should be brought back immediately. I can't believe that shows like Jerry Springer is still on the air when positive shows like this one are not. It is criminal! I blame the Wb for putting the show on at such an unreasonable time. 9:00 a.m. Eastern Time is ridiculous. Other shows get at least 2 spots per day at reasonable time, why couldn't Ricki Lake be one of tose shows?
  • Can anyone Spell Copycat?

2.3
    A copycat of Jenny Jones and Jerry Springer. I for one am glad the show has come and gone just wish it haden't of come at all.

There have been rumours that it will be returning I do hope it does not. How many of these copycat shows can there be?
  • Well I was wondering... You had a very close friend of mine on your show a couple of years ago since then I have lost contact... Her name is Elizabeth King... Can you please help me find her... I have not talked to her in 2 years.. Thank you..

• why?

when this show first came along it seemed like there were tv producers just throwing talk shows at any one who would do one. this is an example of one of those shows. suprisingly this one lasted more than most. but it was just as bad in my opinion. why it lasted as long as it did i will never know.
  • ricki please help! i,m DANIELLE from ireland,i lost contact with my penpal in ohio! she was on your show- MAKE UNDERS! jennifer AKA spooky!i CANT believe it! her friend was on the show and you pulled her from the audience! you changed her punk clothes. X

i would love to get in touch with my old penpal please help!we wrote to eachother for years.i always looked forward to her letters.we used to exchange punk rock tapes ,clothes ,photographs,which i still have.i miss having a friend across the pond.i seen her getting a make-under and i thought she didn't look amused even though i thought she looked well.over the years i grew out of punk myself and i'm now a 28 year old mother of one ,at college here in belfast,ireland.hope you read this and get in touch to this e-mail address it would mean the world to me-thank-you:mmcveigh@fsmail.net
  • israel

kathrynlake
    Report Abuse 10.0
    Perfect "Better every season"

Well I was wondering... You had a very close friend of mine on your show a couple of years ago since then I have lost contact... Her name is Elizabeth King... Can you please help me find her... I have not talked to her in 2 years.. Thank you.. It would mean so much to me... Her two sons are my god children... And now I am expecting my first and would love her to be able to be here... If you could help me I would appreiciate it so much... The last time I spoke to her she lived in Sacramento Ca... But was getting ready to move... Please help me find her.. THank you.. Posted Nov 29, 2005 5:48 pm PST
  • I love Ricki, that's why the Ricki Lake show is my favorite. I watch it because I always look forward to seeing Ricki's face and hear her voice. I have no other reason to watch it

4.2
    Ricki Lake show is unoriginal and boring, honestly.Although I love Ricki, her show is very inconsistent in satisfying the viewers. The show is mostly about cheaters and it bores me seriously. Some episodes that are about Ricki's investigators are the most boring as those FPIs fool themselves, thinking that they are tracking cheaters, poor them. I would also say that Ricki Lake took cue from Jerry Springer. That's what is called plagiarism in the a sense. Also, the show seems to be fake and it's like the guests are acting on a script. This isnt Hollywood, Ricki. If anyone wants to do a movie,let him go to hoolywood.
  • this show is very one sided and is always sticking up for the female of a relationship as though the females r never wrong ... what a joke that is ricky thinks the females r the gods well reality check bull sh*t

i watch the show from time to time and always the show puts down the male of the species. she goes on about men who dont pay maintainance what a laugh what abot the guys who get custody and the female dont pay sod all and dont make arrangements to see the kids and dont buy christmas and birthday presants for the 2 girls i got but yet her son to another guy never goes without............so i can prove the fact that ricky is wrong and needs to do more reaserch cos there r guys out there that have the kids cos the mother cant be botherd FACT....
  • please ricki help me raise my child

I was on this episode with my son who was 3 at the time and is 19 now..I really want to get a copy of the episode if possible can anyone tell me how to go about this..We really wnjoyed it..The show pd for everything..and we loved being on stage..My son was so little and had huge big blue eyes..my email is kiamom44@yahoo.com
  • A female version of Maury?

Ricki knew how to make an impact on tv. She brought us the most interesting topics to watch and learn from. That's important, for her show rankings and for us as viewers. She's a patient host and a problem solver. I liked the show somewhat, but it wasn't all that.
  • A Total Waste of One Hour of Airtime

There is no hard hitting views on this show. It should be named Ricki Lake Sophmoric Hour.

• Over 40 and pregnant episode

When talking seriously regarding chromosomal abnormalities and listing them on TV, please spell Down Syndrome correctly. It is Down, NOT Down's.
  • teen intervention

My son was on your show in 1995 about teens who need intervention. He didn't except help and you called and wanted to do a follow up show but he was in prison. He was shot and killed in 2007 and I think I know how reach out to the people on what this all meant to me. You should do a follow up now My name is Tammy Jordan you can reach me at 602 299-5398