News and Notes

telvisnostic

[1]Apr 9, 2007
    • level: 52

ROH

ROH
    Edited on 01/25/2008 7:50pm
    Edited 17 total times.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

telvisnostic

[2]May 8, 2007
    Source: pwinsider

Total Nonstop Action Wrestling notified Ring of Honor earlier today that effective immediately, all TNA contracted talents have been removed from upcoming scheduled ROH bookings. In addition to the departure of Christopher Daniels, former ROH champions Homicide and Austin Aries will no longer be allowed to appear at future Ring of Honor events. Perhaps the most anticipated event upcoming in ROH, the return of Samoa Joe, is also off the books.

TNA officials made the call to distance themselves from the popular independent promotion following ROH's announcement yesterday that they had signed a deal to begin airing taped PPV events on July 1st. Their first PPV event will be taped on May 12th in New York City at the Manhattan Center.

While TNA management understands the fact that this will upset ROH fans, they felt that they were left with no choice after ROH announced their upcoming pay-per-view expansion.

Ring of Honor booker Gabe Sapolskly refused to comment on the situation, but given the way that ROH storylines have been phasing out TNA performers, this move is not one that came unexpected.

--------------

Earlier today, it was noted that TNA had been cracking down on bookings of talents for promotions that featured DVDs of their events sold via third-party retailers. One of those companies were California independent promotion Pro Wrestling Guerrilla, which announced the following today:

Pro Wrestling Guerrilla ends agreement with TNA Wrestling

Los Angeles, CA - Generally, the Pro Wrestling Guerrilla (http://www.prowrestlingguerrilla.com) news releases have been light-hearted yet informative, however that will not be the case on this occasion.

Since our humble beginnings in July 2003, Pro Wrestling Guerrilla has booked employees of TNA Wrestling to appear on our shows, in what can only be considered a successful relationship for all parties involved.

Both companies experienced tremendous growth during this time period, admittedly with Pro Wrestling Guerrilla aided infinitely more so by TNA Wrestling than the other way around, and the relationship between the two companies has been affable.

On April 24, 2007, TNA Wrestling presented Pro Wrestling Guerrilla with a contract that would prevent TNA Wrestling employees from appearing on DVDs sold through or distributed by any third parties. Because this would include long-time partner Highspots.com, as of May 3, 2007, Pro Wrestling Guerrilla has severed all ties with TNA Wrestling.

Because of this situation, TNA Wrestling employees Chris Sabin and Alex Shelley will not be appearing at Pro Wrestling Guerrilla's DDT4 Tag Team Title Tournament on May 19 & 20. We at Pro Wrestling Guerrilla would like to apologize to Alex Shelley and Chris Sabin, who along with Frankie Kazarian, were not simply employees, but part of the Pro Wrestling Guerrilla family. We would also like to apologize to Samoa Joe, Low Ki, AJ ****, and Christopher Daniels, whom we had booked for upcoming Pro Wrestling Guerrilla events. We would also like to thank Homicide, Austin Aries, Petey Williams, and all those previously mentioned for their hard work and professionalism as Pro Wrestling Guerrilla wrestlers.

And most importantly, we would like to apologize to our fans, who have come to enjoy seeing TNA employees both at our live events and on our DVDs. Your appreciation and support gave the TNA employees a chance to wrestle at a level they often time are unable to. We hope you can understand that this was not an easy decision to make, but we did what we feel was best for Pro Wrestling Guerrilla now, and in the future. Later today, we will provide updated information regarding the DDT4 Tag Team Title Tournament, including the last team, more non-tournament matches, and the final DDT4 first round matches!

With TNA's increased schedule (up to 11 live events scheduled for June alone), it's obvious that the company is making efforts towards what they see as protecting their assets, only wanting DVDs featuring their talents to be sold by the promotions themselves, not by outside retailers such as Highspots or Smart Mark Video.

While I can understand why this is going to upset independent wrestling fans, the fact is that if an indy company wants to book TNA contracted talents, they have to abide by TNA's rules to do so. If they don't wish to work by those paramters, they can follow PWG's lead and no longer utilize TNA contracted performers.

lightning_kf

[3]May 23, 2007
    • level: 36
    telvisnostic wrote:

Tokyo, Japan - 7/16/07

Osaka, Japan - 7/17/07

Heh.  I wonder why TNA doesn't travel here?  And it's really sad how a company so small could travel to Japan and put on great shows there, while TNA and WWE sit on their corporate backsides and do nothing.

telvisnostic

[4]May 25, 2007
    TNA is going to the UK this year.
    The WWE does not fare well there (Japan) anymore because they like wrestling for wrestling and not glamorization.

lightning_kf

[5]May 26, 2007

telvisnostic wrote:
    The WWE does not fare well there (Japan) anymore because they like wrestling for wrestling and not glamorization.

You don't say?  No wonder the WWE can even sign a deal with Japanese promotions. 

telvisnostic

[6]May 26, 2007
    lightning_kf wrote:

telvisnostic wrote:

You don't say?  No wonder the WWE can even sign a deal with Japanese promotions. 

I know.  I think Inoki stopped talking to them, because now he's talking to TNA, that's why Tiger Mask IV is there now.

lightning_kf

[7]May 26, 2007

Honestly, wouldn't it be good for the WWE to sign an agreement with some kind of wrestling promotion?

Oh yeah, I forgot.  Vince is in it for the entertainment.  When will he learn that wrestling is the actual entertainment?  Sheesh.  Is it that hard to understand?

telvisnostic

[8]May 26, 2007
    lightning_kf wrote:

Honestly, wouldn't it be good for the WWE to sign an agreement with some kind of wrestling promotion?

Oh yeah, I forgot.  Vince is in it for the entertainment.  When will he learn that wrestling is the actual entertainment?  Sheesh.  Is it that hard to understand?

They're trying to set soemthing up in Germany right now.

Vince's form of entertainment doesn't always bode well overseas, that's why the indies are on a surge again.  After he monopolized the industry in 2001, the indies just shot up even higher.

Thank God for the internet.

Did that link work that I sent you with all those matches?

lightning_kf

[9]May 29, 2007

Yeah it works.

But I get my dose of ROH from Dailymotion.  They got a lot of matches there, yet very little time to watch some of them, sadly. 

Still, their matches are great.  Not one I'vwe watched had me disappointed at all. 

GameWiz1000

[10]May 30, 2007
    • level: 25
    lightning_kf wrote:

Yeah it works.

But I get my dose of ROH from Dailymotion.  They got a lot of matches there, yet very little time to watch some of them, sadly. 

Still, their matches are great.  Not one I'vwe watched had me disappointed at all. 

Can I get the link as well?

Edited on 05/30/2007 8:05pm

CZW1

[11]Jun 2, 2007
    • level: 4
    Holy **** ROH is on tv what channel please tell me i want to see it.

telvisnostic

[12]Jun 2, 2007

CZW1 wrote:
    Holy **** ROH is on tv what channel please tell me i want to see it.

It just says they'll be on tvn. Go here www.tvn.com

Also if you have Cable or comcast you can get in iNDemand. 

I haven't been able to find a specific channel, but I wll look it up for yah. 

telvisnostic

[13]Jun 3, 2007

rie

ROH Respect is Earned iN Demand Schedule

Jul 20 8:00PM iN1 Ring of Honor: Respect is Earned
    Jul 21 1:00PM iN1 Ring of Honor: Respect is Earned (Replay)
    Jul 23 4:00PM iN3 Ring of Honor: Respect is Earned (Replay)
    Jul 24 9:00PM iN3 Ring of Honor: Respect is Earned (Replay)
    Jul 25 8:00PM iN1 Ring of Honor: Respect is Earned (Replay)
    Jul 26 7:00AM iN3 Ring of Honor: Respect is Earned (Replay)
    Jul 26 6:00PM iN3 Ring of Honor: Respect is Earned (Replay)
    Jul 28 4:00PM iN3 Ring of Honor: Respect is Earned (Replay)
    Jul 28 8:00PM iN1 Ring of Honor: Respect is Earned (Replay)
    Jul 29 10:00AM iN3 Ring of Honor: Respect is Earned (Replay)
    Jul 29 11:00AM iN1 Ring of Honor: Respect is Earned (Replay)
    Jul 29 8:00PM iN3 Ring of Honor: Respect is Earned (Replay)
    Jul 30 12:00PM iN3 Ring of Honor: Respect is Earned (Replay

------------

I'm still looking for the times on TVN and Dish.

telvisnostic

[14]Jun 21, 2007

Death Before Dishonor Reaches Milestone

:
    Claudio Castagnoli and Brent Albright are counting down the days until ROH presents the fifth edition of its annual"Death Before Dishonor" supercard. This time it will be a superweekend as "Death Before Dishonor V" will take place on two nights on 8/10 and 8/11. Castagnoli will get a ROH World Title shot on on 8/10 in Bostonwhile Brent Albright will receive a shot at the belt on 8/11 in Philadelphia. We have new information about the cards below.

The original "Death Before Dishonor" on 7/19/03 in Elizabeth, NJ at the famous RexPlex kicked off the annual event in grand style. From Low Ki's surprise ass kicking of Deranged to the classic CM Punk vs. Raven Dog Collar Match to Jeff Hardy's infamousbout to two excellent title matches including Paul London's farewell, this was a historic show and the fans immediately knew it.

"Death Before Dishonor II" was so big that it took place over two nights. 7/23/04 outside Milwaukee saw "Death Before Dishonor II: Part 1" with a 2/3 Fall Tag Team Title Match pitting CM Punk& Colt Cabana vs. Jay & Mark Briscoe that Ricky "The Dragon" Steamboat called one of the best matches he has ever seen in his life. Samoa Joe and Homicide put on their most intense World Title Match yet and a great six man and Pure Title bout rounded out a great night of action. Things got violent the next night on "Death Before Dishonor II: Part 2" in Chicago when CM Punk & Ace Steel settled their feud against Dan Maff & BJ Whitmer in an insanely hardcore Chicago Street Fight. This fight remains one of the damnedest brawls in ROH history.

"Death Before Dishonor III" on 6/18/05 in Morristown, NJ will forever be remembered for one thing- the night CM Punk fooled us all and won the World Title in a classic against Austin Aries. This was a night of controversy and confusion. It will always be one of the mostmemorable nights in ROH history and CM Punk's career.

The bar was raised at "Death Before Dishonor IV" on 7/15/06 in Philadelphia. One of the greatest feuds in ROH history was settled inside the Cage Of Death. It was amatch filled with mayhem, betrayal, blood and drama as the ROH team took on CZW's team. This is one battle that will stand the test of time and always be talked about.

In addition to Castagnoli and Albright receiving World Title shots a potentially violent and wild bout has been signed for each night. August 10th in Boston will see ROH World Tag Team Champions Jay & Mark Briscoe take on Kevin Steen & El Generico in a Boston Street Fight. After you see what happens at ROH's first PPV, which will air in the Boston area oniNDEMAND starting on 7/20,this match will have a whole new meaning. Signed for Philadelphia on August 11th is a huge grudge six man war as Delirious teams up with The Resilience of Matt Cross & Erick Stevens to take on No Remorse Corps of Roderick Strong, Davey Richards & Rocky Romero in a Philadelphia Street Fight. Many more big matches will be announced in the upcoming weeks in the ROHwrestling.com Newswire.

www.rohwrestling.com

lightning_kf

[15]Jun 24, 2007

Apparently, Austin Aries re-signed with Ring of Honor after he was suspended from TNA.

BOO-YAH. That's 1 ROH alumni going back, more will come. For some reason, I see Homicide going back. Or, if Joe, Daniels and Styles go back, TNA is screwed. They are completely screwed, because without him in TNA to feud with Angle, who in the hell can they choose to feud with him? Sting?

Edited on 06/24/2007 6:12am
    Edited 2 total times.

telvisnostic

[16]Jun 24, 2007
    Welll there has been a strong rumor for the past few months, that a lot of the young talented guys in TNA will not re-sign with them and will go back to their indy stuff or overseas.

lightning_kf

[17]Jun 25, 2007
    telvisnostic wrote:
    Welll there has been a strong rumor for the past few months, that a lot of the young talented guys in TNA will not re-sign with them and will go back to their indy stuff or overseas.
    All wrestling promotions need younger wrestlers to help maintain them. Without them, they're gonna fall.

telvisnostic

[18]Jun 25, 2007
    lightning_kf wrote:
    telvisnostic wrote:
    All wrestling promotions need younger wrestlers to help maintain them. Without them, they're gonna fall.
    You're right.

telvisnostic

[19]Dec 2, 2007
    - Mike Johnson reports that Jack Evans, Ruckus, Necro Butcher and Human Tornado were involved in a car accident and never made it to last night's ROH event in Chicago. All four wrestlers only suffered minor injuries and are doing ok.

- CM Punk and Jimmy Yang were backstage at both ROH events over the weekend in Dayton and Chicago. Yang was walking around and talking with the fans during intermission in Dayton. Yang, who lives in the southern Ohio is looking into opening a wrestling school in the Cincinnati area.

- New ROH events including "Chaos at the Cow Palice" and "Survival of the Fittest 2007" are now in stock at ROHwrestling.com.

CREDIT: Gerweck.net

telvisnostic

[20]Dec 14, 2007
    Bryan Danielson vs. Chris Hero will headline Ring of Honor's show on January 11th on the campus of Boston University.